Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Recent posts

Fletcher sighed and rolled his eye as Dewey went about his work like he suddenly wasn't worth the bother. He stole a glance at Theo — something he'd been avoiding in Dewey's presence. "Just some fresh air. Should probably be heading in, though, ey? So there's time to wash up before dinner."
Coastal Serendipity / Re: Latent Dream (Summervale) ...
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 09:45:54 PM
"She is listened to. That is the difference." Dewey broke Fletcher's gaze now that the worst was over and moved to collect the feed bucket. 

"It sounds to me Aneisha is lucky to have you then, Mr. Jack. Was there anything you were needing in here, sirs?"
Fletch stood, one hand on his hip and the other holding the mug, and stared in silence for a few seconds after Dewey had finished. Then, with a loud, rude snort, a genuine laugh burst from him. "No wonder the dog listens to you," he grinned, taking another sip. "I like you, Dewey. You're a good one. Tell you what. I make her cry, you get a free shot to break my nose. Because that's the last thing I want to do to Neish, mate, and I think you know it perfectly well. I'm not coming in here to control her. I'm seeing that she isn't taken advantage of the way I seen with my sisters. Alright?"
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 08:56:47 PM
For all of his gentle, quiet nature Dewey surprisingly held his ground against Fletcher's more feral display. There was a reason this quiet young man was master of the stables despite his age and seeming lack of experience: he knew how to handle every matter of beast with utmost respect and caution. Fletcher was no different. He was not about to back down to the other man's threat display. 

"She is not my queen so your words are an ill-placed posturing. While it would be my honor to worship on bender knee for I am no king and could never cage her spirit, Aneisha clearly has no interest in me. If there is a lucky man, I assure you it is not me. I have not seen her today and am not the cause of her smiles. See though that you are not in turn the cause of her tears Mr. Jack."
Fletch tilted his head in the slightest challenge. When he spoke, he was quiet, and his voice had gone silken. "Oh, absolutely," he said. "Her decisions are her own. I'm just here to see that whoever it is, he treats her like a queen. Because if he doesn't...well." He shrugged. Took his time with another sip of coffee. Smiled the sort of smile that sent chills. "Then it is my business."
Last post by GoblinFae - Today at 06:52:38 PM
Theo opened his eyes a moment later and was equally surprised to see Fletcher telling Dewey off. He ducked his head in amusement, knowing very well why poor Dewey was interested in Aneisha's love life while also feeling bad for being the one to bring it to his attention.

"...nothing," Dewey replied. "If she is happy and safe then it is none of my business. Her choices are her own and should be hers alone." He looked to Fletcher pointedly as if daring the older man to interfere. 
Morthil shot the lady a withering glare when he heard her giggle.

"You think she's attached?" He grumbled quite ticked off, his tail now moving agitatedly from side to side.

But his annoyance slowly faded when he heard what the girl had done to get here.
"She almost died—SHE CARRIED ME ALL THE WAY HERE?!"
He managed to turn his head enough to gaze at the sleeping goblin which was currently holding him captive.

"How long has she been, well...like this?" Morthil asked softly, turning inquiringly to look at Lin.
"No way. I don't believe it. I slept for three days?!" He believed that she did.
From what Lin said, the girl almost killed herself just walking here. 
If it's been three days...maybe...Morthil tried to shift again. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Was he stuck as a cat now, forever—his thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of the goblin moving alittle, and then feeling teeth sink into his neck. Not deep, but enough that he could feel it.
"Oh HELL NO!" Morthil yelled, half out of shock and half out of indignation. The goblin just flat out bit him! 
"Nuh uh, I'm not about to let myself get eaten by a goblin that's SLEEPING!"
Lin managed to pry the goblin's teeth off of him. 
Morthil was staring daggers at Lin.
"Is this a normal thing? She compulsively eats in her sleep?! And why was she trying to eat ME?!"
His tail whacked the goblin hard, out of protest. 
He had stopped trying to get out of the goblin's grasp, and now, with much exasperation and resignation, just laid there, nerves ready to snap and the exasperation evident on his feline face.
"So...." Morthil, after much contemplation, asked. 
"How long is she going to sleep for?"
His eyes drifted to the food.
His stomach growled. He himself hadn't eaten in at least 4 days.

The Thunderblacks / Re: Goblinda and the Cat Catas...
Last post by Hyacinthus - Today at 05:26:07 PM
Linda couldn't help but giggle sweetly at the antics of the cat that wasn't really a cat and the goblin girl in bed. Sure, she certainly felt sorry for the creature-- whatever it truly was, and she could only imagine how restless it probably felt, stuck in Goblinda's grasp. But... really, just look at them. She covered her mouth to prevent herself from openly grinning at the two, before lightly adding her own two cents in. "She seems to have grown pretty attached to you, in a short amount of time." It was really all she could say with a somewhat straight face. Could you blame her?

"At the very least, now I have a somewhat better understanding of what lead you two here... Right, well I suppose I'd better get explaining, then." Propping herself up a bit, as if to try to act a little more 'official' than she currently had been, Linda continued on. "We're in Ketra, right now. Capital city of Adela... though if you were staying in a village near-ish to here, you probably already knew that. I'm not sure how far you traveled to get here, but Goblinda carried you all the way from wherever you were, here-- and she wasn't exactly in good shape when she got here, either. Barely conscious, lost quite a bit of blood-- I was honestly a little worried I was going to lose her."

Linda paused for a moment, her eyes lowering a bit from the pair on the bed, to her own legs. That was the first time she'd said it out loud, now that she thought about it. Sure, the fear had run through her mind while she'd been caring for the goblin girl, but that very moment was the first in which she'd openly admitted just how close the entire situation was-- at least, to her eyes. It wasn't exactly uncommon for Little 'Lin to return from some adventure with a wound or two... But the blood, the burns... It was surreal.

"...Ahem. Um, believe it or not, she wouldn't let you go, even in that state-- so I figured I'd just clean you both up, and put you to bed." She said, before standing once more, and moving back toward the table. On the tray she'd placed, there were a variety of foods-- among them, the plate stacked the highest was one with what looked like beef steaks-- medium rare, if that. "You've both been asleep for 3 days-- So to keep you... well, 'safe', I've been making sure to bring her meals, since she--"

Linda couldn't finish in time. Really, she didn't have to-- Morthil likely very quickly figured out what she was about to say, as Goblinda unknowingly drew her favorite body pillow a little closer to her face and then... chomp. Right into the poor cat's neck. Not too harshly, mind-- It was more of a love bite than anything, given how razor sharp those teeth in her mouth were. But Linda sighed all the same, realizing she needed to do something before the silly little goblin got any further ideas. Picking up one of the beef steaks, she quickly trotted back over to the bed, and, after a gentle apology to Morthil, reached down and pried-- as best she could-- Goblinda's mouth back open. It was a daunting task, one which Linda seemed way too familiar with, and as soon as she'd managed just enough space, she took the beef steak and stuffed it between her lips-- replacing Morthil with it. Goblinda seemingly grumbled throughout, as if protesting, but eventually relaxed back into peaceful slumber with a steak in her mouth.

"Nice!" Proclaimed Linda, giving herself a mental pat on the back and a fist pump. "Didn't even cut my finger that time!"
Fletch jumped a little and turned to regard Dewey with more severity than he'd actually intended. "Dewey. Fuck, mate. Don't sneak up on a man's blind side like that," he complained. "Was wondering where you'd gone off to." He squinted, looking the man over, his brow settling low with suspicion. He'd sounded shocked at the news. A little too upset, in Fletcher's opinion, to not be invested in the answer. "I'm not really in the habit of gossip. Just trying to look out for her, that's all. So what's it to you, then?"
Morthil tired himself out. And then someone came through the door. He stiffened, not knowing who this person was either.

He hissed at her at first, trying to keep up the illusion of just a stray cat. But this lady saw right through it. 
How did she know...then the lady mentioned tending to Morthil's paw.
"I do thank you, it feels slightly better. Although it is hard to tell, I haven't walked on it since because I've been stuck with this KID?!" Morthil's voice raised a few decibels at the last part. He was more frustrated at how strong the kid was than anything. 

"First question, where exactly am I?" Morthil asked, and then followed that up with "Who are you?"  His feline voice was soft, but still masculine. His emerald eyes glanced uneasily around the room, finally resting on the lady, who had introduced herself as Lin.

"My name is Morthil...Morthil Tyrion. I do wish we could have met under less..." Morthil searched for the right word "weird circumstances." The whole situation was rather hilarious, really. 

"I uh...I don't exactly know how I ended up here..." Morthil shifted again in the goblin's grasp, also realizing that the blasted goblin was drooling all over him. 
"Oh for the sake of catnip," he muttered to himself, and then remembered the question Lin had asked.
"Anyways, the village I had been residing in got attacked...I was captured by the attacking goblins and was almost," Morthil took a calming breath, "almost killed. And then this...this kid just shows up out of nowhere and rescues me."
He managed to get his uninjured paw free and whacked the sleeping goblin on the nose.
"Wake up!"
His tail twitched anxiously. He hoped this goblin was just as friendly as this other lady.