Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In Plain Sight (Elf Lady Love/Open)

Started by Jiaolong, May 02, 2018, 04:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiaolong

(OOC: thanks!)

The angel blinked, realizing he was revealing a bit too much about himself. But why did he have to hide what he was? Regen was strange enough in her own right—surely she wouldn't care who he was. "I'm an angel. It's just one of my abilities."

"I could make things worse, or better, I suppose," he said, changing the subject. "But no one knows what their fate will be, and neither do I, until they've died. In that respect, I guess my presence is no different from anyone else's." That revelation eased his heart a little, but he couldn't shake the feeling of guilt.

Lowen Thorn

Regen eyed him curiously before taking a few steps closer. "Better or worse, huh?" she repeated, that look of concern coming back into her expression once more. "What does that mean for me? Am I going to strike it rich or am I going to die today?"

Her eyes lit up as a thought that should have been so obvious came across her mind. "Wait just one fucking minute," she said rather brashly. "If you're an angel and one of your abilities is knowing when someone is suppose to die..." she trailed off, almost scared to ask. "When am I going to die?"

Jiaolong

Daniel stepped backwards, taken aback by her sudden outburst. "That, I cannot tell you. I only know a few hours before someone's death...and even then, something seems to be blocking the full extent of my abilities."

He looked at the late afternoon sun, the heat of the day cooling as it got later. "I can say for sure you won't die today." But he could tell others would. In the large city of Arca, plenty of people died each day, from old age, disease, accidents. He could feel their lives waning, and it made him sick to his stomach. He would have to learn to control this power...but more importantly, why had it disappeared in the first place?

"Regen, do you really want to know when you're going to die?"

Lowen Thorn

Whoa boy.

What a question.

She thought about it for a moment, and the realization that she really didn't want to know sunk over her face rather quickly. She shook her head and folded her arms. "Nope," was her simply response. "I don't s'pose I do."

She let out an exasperated breath and started walking away from him. "All this is a little too heavy for me. C'mon, Angels gotta eat too, right?" she asked over her back. "I'm starving. I know a great spot."

Jiaolong

"A great spot? Will there be more of that...ale there?" He remembered the peculiar drink Regen had given him earlier that day. Only a few hours had passed, but with everything that happened, it seemed much longer than that.

The angel was interested to taste the other kinds of foods there were, and be followed her down the street trying to forget the previous events.

Tags: