Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kris' Wants and Limits

Started by Kris, July 25, 2023, 10:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I love character driven plots that offer either a chance for growth or to reveal or learn character details. In the same vein, I prefer plots that have some level of intent to them, though every now and then it's fun to do a little plot spaghetti just to see what sticks.

I love a good conflict, you can get some of the best character discoveries writing out enemies than you can with found family sometimes (that being said I also LOVE found family tropes), but even friendly conflict be it rivals or friends with opposing goals can make a thread really pop.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm not particularly good at super fluffy things. Not to say I'm against it entirely, but it's definitely not my favourite. Long, wandering conversations without a break can also lose my interest sometimes if there's not something specific we're trying to discuss or reveal.

What are your favorite character types to play?
The every-man or underdog tend to be my favourites; anyone who can easily get in over their head or be taken down by their own naivety or hubris has a particular shine to me (plus, I love losers getting a chance to succeed anyway). But really, anyone who can easily have their flaws used against them or succumb to selfishness or pettiness are particularly fun. I'm an instigator and love making my chars make mistakes and make them often.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Somewhere sort of inbetween. I love having a general outline or intent for a thread or plot as it gives me something to get the wheels moving and keep my brain on track but I don't really enjoy planning out every beat or post; just give me the idea of what we want to achieve with a plot, maybe a few story beats if needed, and then we can leave room for growth and surprises.

How do you feel about group threads?
I love them and open threads in theory, but I admit especially when I get busy they can get slow and cumbersome very easily. I think for events or on occasion it can be great to show fun character dynamics.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I'm the first to admit I can be slow. Sometimes I'll reply immediately, more often than not you might be waiting at least a week inbetween replies. Brain don't work so good sometimes.
If there's something you're really keen on or it's been longer than a week or two I'll never be bothered if you reach out to check in, I'll always do my best to let you know where I'm at.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Forever. As said, I'm slow myself so I'll never hold it against you if you need a break or need time to get to things. I'm also happy to drop threads if you're not feeling it for any reason or pick up old threads if you come back to it, though if it's been a hot minute I might check in with you to be sure. Just let me know.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
It's not my favourite, Discord isn't really conducive to my writer brain and I lose stuff very easily in there. If we think something really calls for it however I would be open to discuss.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
Generally, as stated I'm pretty slow, I often need time to think and ponder and procrastinate, but for the right plot, partner, or just cause the whim strikes, I'm happy to give it a go every now and then.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I always try to give enough for my partner to respond to or to move the plot forward, but outside that it always varies depending on the thread or the character or how I'm feeling. Some plots call for 5+ paragraphs of introspection, others just need a few quick lines. I will always try to at least give you a workable paragraph and I tend to match my partner where I can.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Letting your characters be wrong, mess up, or make dumb mistakes. Working with plot and character developments that come organically. I will always prefer adjusting plots to suit my characters rather than adjusting my characters to suit the plot.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
One sided RPs where one writer is always the instigator, I like to share the load. Also walls of text or tiny, cramped fonts. I'm dyslexic and I Cannot Read those. Please use paragraph breaks and standard font sizes/colours when you can.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
Man-handling, injuring, touching etc is generally totally cool with me, go for it. Anything that would cause extreme or permanent damage either physically or mentally I'd appreciate a heads up first.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I'm open to romance, and I don't mind discussing them, though I prefer to always see how characters chemistry feels in a thread or two before committing to pursuing anything.

I'm also a fan of one-sided or unrequited feelings/rejection. Break their hearts! Age-differences are generally fine with me within reason, underage stuff I would prefer only if its unrequited.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I'm not a huuuge fan of anything sexually graphic. I don't mind it being mentioned, but if my chars are involved I prefer a fade to black. Very rarely if ever would I have any interest in a sexual assault plot that would involve my own chars, but I'm fine to read those plots if they're tagged.

Violence I'm very flexible and open with, though again if we're veering into anything extreme, a warning it appreciated. The only exception to this is teeth stuff, specifically damage or removal of teeth (biting or w/e totally fine). Seriously. If for whatever reason you think this might come up please warn me.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
I'm not against them in regards to other characters but personally not interested in pursuing anything with my own.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
I'm fine with it though I'd prefer if you ask unless it's very minor. As a hurt/comfort fan sometimes you want people to hurt for a lil while :r. Any permanent alterations would need to be discussed first.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
As with healing, please let's talk about any permanent changes first

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
If I'm being too slow or something's not fitting right or anything, just DM me! I'm always happy to talk things out or rework things till we're both happy.

Also, I'm often my friend group's DM for TTRPGs and would be open to potentially running threads or plots that might need someone acting as the environment or DM to move the plot along, though not until I get my bearings more on the site!