Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shouriko's Wants and Limits

Started by Shouriko, January 18, 2024, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shouriko

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Slow burns are my favorite, but it can depend on the characters involved.

I also love a good rivalry, it's the kind that in the long run leads to the uncanny friendship.

Also long-term plots with major character development at the end, if you ever get the chance to play one of those out it feels so amazing to ride the ups and downs.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Don't think I really have any, I'm pretty flexible, but I will say that if there's clearly little to no chemistry between characters I don't want to force happy fuzziness and would rather embrace that chilliness.

What are your favorite character types to play?
All kinds, really.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
LOL, both! I do like to set goal posts, but when and how I reach those isn't important. I've had a lot of fun with spur of the moment play and they've led to some great character relationships.

How do you feel about group threads?
That's what tags are for!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Oooh, tricky. I could probably do at least one post a day, more if things are really jiving. I do have some busy life moments where I could slow down to one post a week. I do prefer playing off a bigger screen and keyboard setup, which may limit me some days.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I can easily wait a week, two weeks even, but longer than that and I start looking for something else to bide my time I'm between. I do understand life happens and appreciate a note if life is being rough.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
This I've done before. I think a more sociable character works a but better for the setting because it tends to move much faster. Or it can be a really good way to bang out something that's going to be short and a bridge between two larger threads. Letter correspondence play, too.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
This is usually my sign that I've found a good story with character chemistry and energy. I live for these when they pop up and totally put off sleep for the thrill of one!

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
The English student in me tries to do posts that make sense. At least three lines are usually my lower limit. Dialogue based posts usually are shorter, quicker, but if there's a lot to feel and describe, it'll naturally be longer. I generally match posting energy.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Theme songs, I like how they can help set the mood or tone of a thread.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Only dialogue, I find these frustrating because the characters aren't interacting over a phone but in person so there should be at least some added descriptors for things like vocal tone, posture, movement, etc.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
If it fits the mood, I'm probably going to roll with it. My rule of thumb is usually to write where the player can decide if their character gets slugged or not, just open-ended enough that there's an out available.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I prefer romances to work out organically. The writing is more satisfying that way. Planning introductions and consistent interactions might be as far as I go.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Keep it classy and respectful.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
I've had many a pregnant character in my time, including miscarriages and stillbirth and death following childbirth. These I prefer to plan unless my partner likes surprises (as the female player).

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Within reason with the world, here there's probably a good range of healing capabilities.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Within reason with the world, but I'd like the power of choice with my character (magical spell recipient and such scenarios).

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players to know)
I'm typically really flexible and adaptable. I mean, I played Dragonriders of Pern for ~15 years as my main and a lot of what is mentioned here is old hat in that world, minus the magic. If you have an idea, just ask!