Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Thief's Job

Started by Brisinger987, January 26, 2014, 04:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"He's dead..." Halford stood, walking over to the Hakri corpse, climbing into the neck cavity.

"YOU KILLED HIM YOU MONSTER! RAAAGGH!" He pushed on the Hakri's head, hearing the crunching as began to crack exoskeleton.

Anadwen

Aldanith sadly bowed his head down. So he was right when he first saw him... He climbed to his feet despite the pain, and limped over to Ingemar's body. His right hand arose above the dragon's head, and he closed his eyes.

"Thank you for the favors you have done to me. Farewell on your journey, my friend, wherever it may lead next." he muttered, only a little louder than a whisper, but his voice was clear of any emotions. He muted everything in his head. "Be at peace." he wished him at last, and softly closed the dragon's eye that was near him.

Death.

Death was not unknown or unnatural to him, but it sure was sudden. He found it hard to admit the truth, but it was that he was honestly shocked if one of the few people he was on friendly terms with him has gone to its embrace. He wasn't afraid of death itself, but how suddenly it comes sure was something that, somewhere deep, deep inside, even he was terrified of.

Brisinger987

Halford began using his metal arm to beat at the Hakri's corpse in a frenzied rage, cracking the exoskeleton in the critical points.

Eventually, he wore himself out, and gave in to the emotion.

"My best friend is dead..."

Anadwen

Slowly breathing in, Aldanith collapsed onto his knees. He knew exactly what Halford felt... Memories of times before he was leading that band of dirty rats flashed through his head, but they were just dimmed images that have faded with time.

He shook his head to chase them away. "I won't tell you to calm down... It's definitely not what you should do. Let it out." he advised his brother quietly, glancing over his shoulder.

Brisinger987

A lone goblin dared to bravely attack Halford, who reacted with blinding speed, sending a single, hard, fast punch at the goblin with his metal arm. The metal fist split the goblin's sword in half, and caved in the goblin's skull.

Halford stood, before turning, and walking silently to the entrance to this small valley. He took one last look back, saying his final goodbye, before exiting the valley.

Anadwen

Aldanith scrambled to his feet, following Halford as he could, but his brother was getting further and further. "Hey... W-wait for me, would you?" he cried out after him. Just a moment after, he managed to trip over something else, and crash into the ground.

"Shit. Stupid rocks." he cursed, and gave up on even trying to stand up.

Brisinger987

Halford, still partly in shock, and partly in rage, didn't hear Aldanith, he just continued walking, deciding not to go back to the cave. He just walked, for miles, killing everything that dared walk in front of him.

Eventually, he gave in to hunger, attacking a caravan of slaves, killing the slavers, and feasting on what he wanted.

And then he started over again. He kept walking.