Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bad little Beastie. (lion)

Started by paganchick, June 17, 2014, 05:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Beastie had managed to escape from the little holding chamber her captors were holding her in. Of course this wasn't her first escape attempt but this one was going much better than the ones before. She had managed to slip into a rather grand building, a home to some rich and powerful someone she was sure. It made her stomach turn, she wondered how many slaves this person owned. she shook her head, she couldn't get distracted, she had to find a hiding spot, and if possible maybe a bite to eat.

She had managed to get some small knives and she planned on using them she refused to be brought back. She yearned for freedom, freedom she had no memory of. She found her way to what appeared in the dark to be a kitchen. She smiled to herself, She saw an apple just sitting there out in the open that would taste so wonderful. She picked it up with a wide smile. She walked around a corning not wanting to be out in the open for taking a big bite out of the apple.

Lion

To say the sound of crunching woke him up in the middle of the night was a bit of an understatement.  It wasn't often Anran took a nap in the cellar.  He'd been sampling a few new bottles of imported wine when enough it put him out and he awoke laying on a few sacks of spices and sugar.  He heard the crunching again and rose quickly to his feet, hoping he wasn't going to catch one of his house guards sneaking food from the pantry again.  He stomped upstairs and pushed open the cellar door with a growl.  "What are you do-"  And he stared with wide eyes to a woman he'd never seen before.  "Who the heck are you?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

paganchick

Beastie's eyes widened as wide as the mad who had caught her. Her stomach turned and she did the first thing she could think of. She threw the apple as hard as she could at the man, hoping it would at least slow him down as she blindly took off running. The only thing running through her mind being, 'don't get caught, you can't get caught, don't get caught'. She took corner after corner not remembering exactly the way she came and her head was spinning so fast she was happy she was still on her feet. The mad was big, tall, and muscular. She knew if he caught her she wouldn't have a chance. She took one of the small knives inn each hand before finding a corner, hiding. She couldn't see the man but she could hear her heart in her ears and feel it pumping in her throat. She was terrified.

Lion

The apple hit his chest with a squishy plop and Anran growled, picking up the apple after the girl bolted down the hall.  He observed the teeth marks before dropping it and following after her.  "Hey! Come back here!" he howled, nearly running into a wall as he trailed after her.  He saw something slip away into darkness but he couldn't be sure.  He walked by an armed statue and pulled a spear from it's hand, watching the darkness warily.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

paganchick

Beastie saw the man take a spear, her grip on the two small knives tightened. She was going to have to do something, she couldn't just stand there if she did that he would eventually find her. She was going to have to attack because he stood between her and freedom, and there was nothing she wouldn't do for her freedom. She just reminded herself of when her master put her in the coliseum. She didn't want to hurt anybody, but she had to to survive. So without a second thought she came out of the shadow, her point was to get past him, not to hurt him, she she couldn't let him stop her. 

Lion

Anran's eyes moved quickly, catching the scurrying shape and he steped aside, pressing the bottom of the spear against the ground just as she passed by, to trip her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Beastie fell with a hard thud and a groan full of pain following not long after. She rolled over quickly looking up from her back, her knives still in hand. Of course the man had the advantage, her had a spear and she knew if he wanted he could end her right then and there.

Lion

Anran held the spear threateningly, but did not presss the assault.  Instead he stared at her with wide eyes.  "Who are you?  What are you doing in my house?" he growled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Beastie looked up at the man in fear, her eyes wide, almost innocent.
"I was hungry," She looked away, she would have to tell him, she would have to tell him and beg him to to turn her over to her owners.
"My owners haven't fed me in days, I had to get away, I have to hide. I can't let them take me back, please don't turn me in, please," She started to plead as tears welled in her eyes.
"Please I'll do anything," She continued.

Lion

Anran thought she was crazy.  She had to be.  No one could be so brazen and foolish as to break into somebody's home and proclaim all of this.  And if it was true...well, that would just be his luck.  Of all the houses in all the hundreds of miles of desert, it had to be his.   He sighed and rolled his eyes at her, relaxing his original position and planted the spear beside him, though he didn't let go of it just yet...  Just in case.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" he asked pointedly, staring at her with a lowered brow.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Beastie quickly dashed into a corner, she liked being in a corner and plus any distance from the spear was a good one.

Beastie looked down, almost as if ashamed as she rose to stand straight, and turned her back to him. She unbuttoned her shirt so she could lower the back of it revealing to him long raised lash marks across her back, and a "13" branded just below her hair line.
"Proof enough?" She asked, her voice sad.

Lion

Anran frowned, observing the lashes on  her back and shook his head.  "Then I can see why you ran," he murmured.  "Put your clothes back on."  He sighed and rolled his eyes again.  "You forgot your apple in the kitchens. I hate seeing anything go to waste."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Beastie buttoned her shirt back up before turning.
"You startled me," She spoke,  soft blush forming on her face as she thought back at throwing the apple at him. A small chuckle left her form as she continued to think about it.

Lion

"Pfft!" Anran blew raspberries. "You raid my pantry and I startled you!?  The nerve.  You're lucky I don't hang you by your toes for the rest of the night!"  He shook his head and lead the way back to the kitchen, finding the half-eaten apple and tossing it back to her.  "So...why my house?Or did you just happen to be in the neighborhood?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Beastie gave an innocent smile as she looked down at her toes, imagining how uncomfortable it would be to hang from them. She then looked, quickly noticing he had started walking, she quickly caught up, following close behind.

She caught the apple with the quick reflexes she couldn't exactly explain. looking at it. It was a bit bruised, but to her, still very much edible.
Beastie shrugged, "I just followed my instincts," She replied with complete honesty. She had quickly learned that her instincts seemed to be very well honed, something else she couldn't exactly explain. She could only imagine the life she had before everything went blank, she frowned slightly at the thought before taking a big bite out of the apple.

Lion

"And just my luck.  Typical," Anran scoffed and reached for his own apple, sticking it on the end of the spear and eating it like that.  "So you're a slave, huh?  Who's your master?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

"I just know him as master," Beastie said with a shrug. She had never learned his name just like he had never learned hers. Of course she had forgot her own name at some point. She didn't even know where she was from.

Lion

"Isn't that convenient?" he murmured.  "Most owners prefer their slaves to know their names, let's them gloat over them and such.  How do you know he's even after you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

"This isn't my first time running," Beastie spoke looking down, almost as if ashamed.
"I am one or his favorite slaves to.... torture. He says me being so high strung makes me fun," She added softly as she stared at her apple.

Lion

Anran shuddered, thinking back to his own former master and frowned.  "Blah, one of those types," he grumbled.  "I never did get the point of torture.  Slaves are more expensive these days.  Just seems like an easy way to waste them if you ask me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn