Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bad little Beastie. (lion)

Started by paganchick, June 17, 2014, 05:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Beastie shrugged lightly as she continued to stare at the apple. She had lost almost all of her appetite since the conversation had turned to her master. She honestly didn't want to talk about it, that was one reason she had ran away, was to get away from it all.

Slowly she tore her eyes from the apple and looked up at Anran, "Are you going to turn me in?"

Lion

"What an odd question." Anran tilted his head at her and observed the uneaten apple.  "Why on Earth would I do that?" he asked.  "Now, you DID break into my house and stole my food, and you did threaten my life with knives.  But, er, I don't want any trouble.  And yet, I don't think I'd get anything from giving you back to your master.  What do you want to do?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

paganchick

"As long as I don't have to go back to him, or have to fight I don't care, I just can't go back," Beastie replied as she moved the apple to her lips, taking a small bite. She chew the piece slowly, finding her lack of appetite making it hard for her to swallow it.

Lion

"So what do you expect me to do with you?  He's gonna come looking for you and he'll likely find someone competent enough to look for you.  Look, I can let you have some gold and you can be on your way.  I don't want any trouble, nor likely accusations of stolen slaves.  So how much you need?"   He had a few silvers he could spare he supposed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

paganchick

Beastie looked sad, she sat the apple down, though she supposed it was better than him trying to turn her in, or use her as her old master had.
"You could let me your slave, or work for you, something that kept me out of sight from people, I don't want to just take your money, they you can accuse me of stealing later," She spoke, not wanting to have to brave the world she knew nothing about on her own.

Lion

Anran's eyes grew wide and he shook his head.  "Hakeshna no!  I couldn't do that.  I don't even know you!  You broke into my house and now you're trying to be a squatter.  Do you do this to everyone you steal from?  I don't even know your name or where you're from or where you're going.  If I did that, then I'd be out of money, handing jobs to every vagrant that came wandering within a hundred feet of my property."  He shook his head.  "What IS your name anyway?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

"I don't remember. I don't remember my actual name, where I am from, or where I could go, anything. My memory only starts about a year ago, where I woke up in chains. The only name I have is my number and my masters pet name for me, Beastie," She spoke, tears welling in her eyes. She looked down quickly to wipe them away.

Lion

Anran shook his head.  "Tragic."  He finished his apple and plucked it from the spear, tossing it into a receptacle and cut his eyes back to her.  "Well, that won't do.  I can't imagine calling anyone that isn't an actual animal Beast.  How about something else?  What would you call yourself?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

"What would you call me?" She asked, not being able to think of any good names. Then she looked down.
"Never mind, it won't matter. I can't stay here, I don't know where to go, to get the notion that I could actually have a name will only make being taken back to my master sting that much more," She said with a sign.

Lion

"Only if you intend on being caught.  But why so eager to stay?  I mean, you don't know me.  You come into my home expecting generosity, hospitality and haven, but you do so blindly, without warning or cause to believe that I wouldn't simply betray you when the moment was convenient for me.  Don't be so quick to rush to conclusions.  You are young and have much to learn still"  He cross his arms over his chest and he narrowed his eyes at her speculatively.

"Don't appear so crestfallen, I also did not say that I wouldn't help you," he said with a nod.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

"I have no where to go, no family, no way out, I have no idea where to go or what direction to head in. That makes it pretty easy for trackers to find you. I don't expect anything, but it never hurts to ask, plus you could never do anything, or ask of me anything that hasn't been done to be before. You are one who just said you don't want any trouble, you don't want anyone to say you steal slaves, that you couldn't take me as a slave or give me a job. All I am is trouble, and people will come looking, even you have said that. I am sorry I took an apple and broke in," She said simply, her eyes on her feet as she stood.

Lion

"Then why didn't you just keep running?" Anran asked.  "Look, I...I couldn't make you my...er, slave.  The very thought churns my stomach.  You seek haven...  I suppose it would be crueler to turn you out into the street.  Whoever this man his, he'll find you and kill you or worse.  Perhaps even here.  You don't want to take my money off hand, then...then if you are willing to work, perhaps you can save your earnings and leave this place.  And that, at least would be worth a little pride, wouldn't it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Beastie perked up instantly, a smile broadening across her face. She jumped up, giving the man a tight hug, unable to stop herself.
"Thank you thank you thank you," She repeated as she hugged him tightly. She found it odd that a complete stranger had given her more compassion than anyone else, especially her master.

Lion

"Okay! Okay!" he yelped, scraping her off him.  He dusted himself off and gave her a sidelong glance.  "But you have to promise me two things!  One,  don't steal anything.  And, two, do all the work you're asked to do, no questions asked.  And we'll be good.  Is that understood?  Oh, and you'll need another name.  I'm not calling you Beastie. So, decide what you want to be called and let me know."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Beastie was practically glowing, a smile across her face from ear to ear. "Of course, no stealing, and I'll do all the work," She repeated. She pursed her lips as she tried to think of a name, and she was finding it rather difficult. She would go to say one then stop, not finding it satisfactory.

Lion

"Can't think of anything?" he muttered.  "Hmm.  How about, er, Pear or Apple or something like that? I don't know what to call you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

"Oh, apple, thats great" Beastie spoke growing excited. It would be perfect. She jumped up, hugging the man tightly.
"Thank you so much, thank you, thank you," Beastie spoke.

Lion

Anran flinched and stiffened under the hug.  "All right, all right.  Okay, now.  You can stop hugging me.  Apple!" Anran stepped back and fixed his shirt.  "Okay.  It's late and I'm exhausted so if you wouldn't mind, I'll show you to where you can sleep.  Just be quiet.  Raj, my majordormo probably wouldn't be very pleased I hired extra help without notifying him.  Come, servant's quarters are this way."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Beastie seemed to shrink as he raised his voice, instantly stepping back, head down, being slightly gun shy for obvious reasons.
"Sorry," She murmured quickly and quietly, almost too quietly to even catch.
She followed behind Anran in silence, she would be the hardest worker she could, she wouldn't give the man a chance to regret taking her in. 

Lion

Anran showed her to the lower level of his estate and to an empty room the size of a broom closet.  It wasn't much, but it had a cot a small hearth and food and drink.  "Ah here we are," he said, allowing her to enter first and following behind her, he lit a candle and several more within the room.  "Feel free to make yourself comfortable.  Er, Apple."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn