Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bad little Beastie. (lion)

Started by paganchick, June 17, 2014, 05:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Once in the room she didn't even notice Anran. She had never had her own room before, at best she had had a cage no bigger than the cot itself. It was amazing. She walked around the room, running her hand gently along the wall. Her eyes were bright like a child looking at all of her presents on christmas morning.
"thank you," She managed to choke out. And though she felt like hugging the man once more she resisted, remembering how it seemed to make him uncomfortable.

Lion

It was almost a nostalgic feeling, seeing her take in the room.  "Well, get comfortable," he said with a polite gesture and nod as he bowed afterward.  "Get some rest, likely the majordormo will have a lot of work for you in the morning.  Working off his own irritation."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

paganchick

A smile lit up Beasty's face.
She didn't care what the Majordormo made her do, it could never amount to what she had to for her master. She would scrub what ever floors dust what ever shelves, it didn't matter. Working for the man would be the sweetest taste of freedom she had ever known, or at least could remember.

Lion

Raj was a slender young man, not more than within a few years within Anran's age, but he carried himself with all the authority and dignity applied to his position.  He proud of his place and the esteem it brought him, proud to serve Haidan, and proud enough to be angry when his liege had made adjustments to the household without notifying him first.  He was red-faced, despite his swarthy complexion and nearly fuming out the ears when he found Apple's door.

But he adjusted his shirt, threw his shoulders back before rapping his knuckles sharply on the wood and clasping his hands behind his back.  "Miss Apple.  Lord Haidan sent me to show you around the house.  Are you decent?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

paganchick

Beasty was up with the door open in a matter of moments. She was dressed in the rags she had made it there with, she had nothing else to wear and didn't feel safe with less on.
"Yes sir!" She spoke her voice and face chipper, ready to work. Her face was bubbly and her eyes big and bright. She was actually going to see what the grand home looked like in the light!

Lion

Raj immediately lowered his brow at her chipper attitude, doubtful of this decision now more than ever.  He opened the door with a yank and peered at her with a glower that could light candles from a mere glance.  "Very well then.  Get that simper off your face and we'll get started."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Beasty recoiled from the door as the man yanked it open. She didn't understand why the man had done that or why he was being so harsh. She didn't understand what she had done to already fine his disfavor.
"Yes sir," She muttered as all the joy that had been on her face vanished. Maybe she hadn't thought things through, maybe the kind stranger and his staff weren't all that kind.

Lion

Raj was annoyed, but he wasn't unsympathetic, and though he gave no approval to the girl, he didn't lambast her either.  "You can start with sweeping the kitchens," he said, and handed her a broom.  "Looks like a rat got in here last night.  If you see anything half-eaten, alert me immediately.  Hmm."  He looked at her with a half-lidded gaze before departing.  It was test run, he'd see how she would do.  If she proved up to such a menial, task, he'd see what else needed to be done.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

As Raj left Apple couldn't help but chuckle. It hadn't been a rat at all. But herself that had managed to find her way into the grand home. Still she moved swiftly with a hint of a smile on her face. She was still hesitant to let the full smile return less Raj return and scold her for it.

She didn't understand why it would be bad for someone to enjoy what they do, even if it was being a servant because at least if you were a servant you weren't a slave.

She swept the kitchens thoroughly all but singing and dancing as she did so.

She knew she wouldn't find anything half eaten either, she had finished everything she had started, she had been rather starving when she had broke in.

Lion

Raj returned quickly, holding his hands behind his back as he stood in the doorway and observed her sweeping.  She had done a fine job, so she at least knew how to clean.  Good.  One less thing he had to teach.  "A fair job of it," the majordormo said and stepped toward Apple.  "Come with me now, a few of the horses have terrible stomach aches and we're going to have to clean out their stalls.  I hope you don't mind bad smells."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Apple jumped, not expecting Raj to be returning so soon. She turned on her heels to face the Majordormo.

"Thank you sir," She said bowing her head slightly as he observed her work. She didn't hesitate in following him as he led the way to the horses. She had never cleaned horse stalls before, so that would be new for her. The thought of the smells was a little unappealing but she was sure she could handle them. They couldn't be that bad.

She wanted to speak to the Majordormo, she just couldn't find the words. She didn't want to upset him, when she already knew his feathers had been ruffled when she was brought on as staff. So she stayed silent, feeling it a much safer route to take rather than choosing to speak and choosing the wrong words.

Lion

Raj led her outside, holding the door for her until they reached the broad grounds of the stables and the stables beyond.  They were well-maintained, most of the time, but today three of them were a mess.

Raj grabbed an odd, rusted rake and garden hoe and handed them to her, one in each hand and directed her to follow the stable hand to the right stalls.

"Oh he might be a stickler, but don't mind, Raj.  He's a nice guy, just has a certain way of things," one of the hands said with a grin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Apple giggled at the stable hand, looking down.
"I think it will take a while for him to warm up to me," She added softly looking away as she was lead to the dirtied stables.

Using the rake and the hoe to started cleaning up the mess in them. It was a slow process, a new task she had never been giving before. I took her some time to get use to the motions and the awkwardness of using the new tools.

Lion

The hand could tell this was all completely new to her and stepped away, grabbing a hay bale, to reload into the feeding rack once most of the cleaning was done and eyed her funny.  "Where are you from originally?  It ain't often Lord Haidan hires in newcomers, but when he does, he usually announces it," he said with a smile.

"Oh, don't worry.  I ain't an ol' stickler like Raj.  My name's Gehad," he said and extended his hand out to hers.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Apple felt the hand's eyes on her, which brought a light pink hue to her face. Why was he staring? She shook her head slightly as darker thoughts started creeping there way into her head. Other reasons she hated men staring at her.

Her voice broke the silence, and nearly made her jump out of her skin. Briskly removing her from her own thoughts.
"I am from here and there, no where in particular," Apple spoke.
She looked down at the man's hand, only slightly hesitant before slowly reaching forward to shake his hand.
"My names apple."

Lion

Gehad nodded, pleased with her answer and his grin widened.  "Ah a traveler!  We don't get too many of those.  I hope you have some good stories to tell.  I love stories.  Me?  I was raised right here in Essyrn all my life.  My father was a tradesman, but he died when I was young.  It's nice not to have to travel around from one job to the next.  It's even better to have a steady place to work, even if it ain't glamorous," he went on for a while.

"Nice to meet you, Apple.  I hope you stick around for a while.  I can show you the ropes, help you prepare for anything Raj will try to throw at you.  He didn't like me either when I was first hired."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

paganchick

Apple noticed one thing, the man talked a lot. He had basically told her his life story within ten minutes of meeting. Still, he seemed kind so she didn't want to be rude, or make him upset, she wanted to make friends.

"I plan on staying a while, it seems like a nice place even though the majordomo seems a bit, over baring. It could all be worse so I will find a way to make it work out," Apple replied with a small smile on her face as she finished the stall she was in. She was sure it didn't look perfect, but it most definitely looked better than it did.

Lion

Gehad smiled at Apple and snickered.  "Yeah, Raj can be hard, but he means well.  I think he just wants to ensure Lord Haidan's household continues to run smoothly.  The Lord has enough on his mind as it is.  The servants say he's to entertain a few Merchant Princes from the clan Adb-Malen tonight and he is decidedly grumpy about the whole ordeal.  Lord Adb-Malen is a slimy cur, but thankfully I don't think he'll care much for what a stable hand has to say about him."

Gehad laughed and with the conversation to pass the time, cleaning the horse stalls passed by surprisingly quickly.  And before anyone knew it, it was lunch time.  "We can eat in the servant's quarters!  Come along I'll show you around.  Better look like you're doing something or Raj'll give you something to do."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn