Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crushed Realities

Started by Laraine, June 12, 2015, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laraine

It had been a long few days. Echo was following a lead that led her to this rather...intense forest. It was so dense that at times she wondered if it was still daytime or night. The sense of time was lost and as she traveled further into it she wondered if she would find her way out.

But she couldn't stop, no. Not until she proved this lead was false. It was the only clue she had to the whereabouts of the group she was hunting. Still, the forest was growing more active. She spotted a few wild animals that she didn't want to cross paths with.Out in the corner of her eye she had seen the flash of eyes studying her, it unnerved her but it was nothing she couldn't handle.

Finding food was hard enough as well since most of the predators had kept the population in check. So later on that night she made her camp fire by a river and fished some. It wasn't a lot of fish but it was enough. She ate quietly, and while it appeared she was alone, she wasn't.

"Well, I see that you made yourself quite at home in this forest!" The male voice smirked from behind her.

Turning, Echo's aqua eyes studied the floating semi transparent man behind her. Then turned back to eating her food. "Hello Loki."

"Awww that reaction was no fun! You don't even flinch anymore!" The man huffed and crossed his arms across his chest.

Echo sighed and turned to him with a slight smile. "Well it can't be helped since you do it all the time. I've learned to expect the unexpected."

Loki hummed and floated to sit next to her. "Welllll..... I see that once again your making a fool of yourself following useless leads.."

Echo sighed and set down her foot, seemingly depressed. "But my lord.. what else can I do? I need to find them soon. This is the only way I know.."

Loki rolled his eyes and chuckled. "No clue, I already told you girl... I am simply here to watch. I cannot help you at all. I've already helped too much for a mere mortal such as yourself.." he hummed and lifted her chin delicately with a finger, red orbs starting into her aqua intensely. "Never forget Echo....who you belong to. Smarten up...or there will be consequences...kay?" He grinned and grabbed her fish she was eating and polished it off with one bite.

The fear within her soul spiked as he spoke to her, until he ate her fish. "Hey!"

"Later my little Echo!" With that, he was gone and once more left her alone with her thoughts. Staring at the fire, she wondered if this was the right path she was on. Maybe, they weren't even in this forest.

She sighed, then realized something was creeping up from behind. Instantly she was on her feet and spun behind her, only to fall back inches from the fire with a rather terrifying looking animal on top of her. She cried out, reaching out and grabbing a piece of fire wood to brace it before her as the Leopard struck. Teeth sinking into the wood, the animals claws slashed at her arm, causing another curse to spill from her mouth as she fought it off the best she could. She couldn't get a good enough kick to send it off her and trying to summon her powers right now was useless.

And to make matters worse...the beast broke the wood with its teeth, yellow eyes shining as it was lunging in for the kill. 

Lion

The Niahi woods was a prime location for much wanted, not to mention much needed, seclusion.  It was the choice settlement for the people of La'marri, that wanted to live in peace away from nations with intrusive and abusive governments that sought to control their lives.  Adaron had been free for a long time now, and while he had nothing particularly against such nations, he too enjoyed his time away from people.  Didn't everyone?

Tonight, away from La'marri, he found a spot where he could properly meditate for he sought a treasure strong enough to appease the desire of the gem in his eye.  The Eye, as he'd come to call it, was a rather generic term.  But the voice that seemed to emanate from it never gave it a name.  Perhaps it never intended to.  Better to leave its servant in mystery than to give him any more power.  And already it granted him much.

He breathed softly, meditating beside the rushing stream.  The sound, the cool air were enough to keep him steady and the runes on his body emanated a soft glow, dissipating and reemerging, in pattern.

Then he heard the animal's cry.  A wild cat nearby.  At first he thought it was he that was its target, and he jumped to his feet, ready for a fight.  But no animal came.  Instead,  he heard a scream that followed.  Slowly he followed the cry, crossing the stream and lo and behold on the other side was said wild cat.

And it was trying to bite the face of a person underneath it.  Adaron stayed hidden in the brush.  "Hm," he murmured softly.  "I suppose I could do something."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Laraine

Gritting her teeth she watched as the wild cat was lunging in for the kill and she quickly grasped a handful of dirt and flung it into its face. The cat growled and hissed and spat, momentarily distracted. That was when Echo realized she was surrounded by the four elements. Fire, Water, Air and Earth.

She smirked.

While the cat was still trying to get the dirt from its eyes Echo turned to the fire that was burning next to her and reached out, blue eyes mirroring the flames. Her hand reached into the flames. But instead of crying out or burning, she pulled out a hand full of fire and held it out to the cat. With the close proximity of the flame, the wild magical leopard hissed and backed up quickly. Slowly Echo stood up, still holding up the flame. "Leave, now!" she ordered, flinging the flame onto the ground before her. Instantly the earth burst into flames and the leopard quickly high tailed it back into the forest.

The ebony haired girl watched the cat leave with a passive expression until a few seconds passed. Raising her hand, and a flick of her wrist caused a stream of water to float in midair and douse the small fire she had made into the earth. Falling to one knee, she winced at the pain on her arm and grasped at it, surveying the damage. "That's going to take a while to heal..." She glanced in the direction of Adaron and stood again. "I know someone is there....show yourself..." She said with as much confidence as she could muster despite being injured. Her short hair was messed up a bit, looking a bit awkward and funny looking. And her frame looked more male than female, having the body of a 14 year old instead of 16 like she was. Especially since she dressed more like a boy even though having a female voice. 

Lion

Adaron continued to watch as the scene unfolded.  Whoever this small child was, they knew gow to wield their power, not something commonly found in those so young.  The wild cat was scared off, rather effectively he might add, and he watched the person snuff out the fire they made. Good.  Wouldn't want to burn the entire forest down, now would we?

"You sure you're not going to throw fire at me too?" He added an amused snicker after that. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Laraine

Echo raised a eyebrow at the others voice and gave a small smirk. But honestly she wasn't in the mood to deal with someone being a smart ass. "That depends on whether or not you will come out or I will have to...smoke you out." She said, crossing her arms across her chest and waiting for the other to emerge. But even though she said that, honestly she knew she couldn't use either fire or water again today. Not unless she wanted her body to deteriorate more.

In the end all she had left was the element of air. She had used the power of earth earlier in the day so she was left with little options. She sighed and turned her back to him briefly as she walked back to her fire, sitting down and digging through her bag for medical supplies. She needed to tend to her wound before it got infected. That was not something she needed right then. "Whoever you are, you can join me or leave I don't really care." She wouldn't admit it herself, but she did have quite the chip on her shoulder. But her drive was one thing and one thing only, her revenge.. she didn't need friends......

That's what she kept telling herself. 

Lion

Adaron just grinned, amused.  How quaint this little creature was.  He might just stick around until they were no longer amusing and then move on.  "Why would I join you?" he asked, snickering at the end of that sentence, content to remain hidden.

"I wish you no harm," he added after a few moments, watching from the brush, and moving so that his voice carried, but it could not be pinned to a single location.  "Besides, you are too skinny.  You'd be nothing but bones with which I'd pick my teeth clean."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Laraine

Echo polished off her meal and licked her lips, listened to the other... being with only a flicker of interest. "Hmm? is that so. If you don't mean me harm than it's fine. I don't care whether you join me or not. I just thought I'd be polite."

"That's your blood talking my dear Echo.." A voice whispered in her ear and she flinched slightly. But since Loki would only materialize to people he liked, she was sure that this mystery man didn't even feel the gods existence.

After all, despite his big talk, Loki was rather shy. Still, he often waved off the notion, saying he didn't like dealing with idiots.

Sighing, the thin girl shrugged her shoulders, Loki smirked long hair tied back in a pony tail and red eyes glowing with mischief. He chuckled. "I'm liking this guy so far. Seems he likes playing with you as much as I do~" He teased and Echo rolled her eyes briefly.

"Could I just meet a guy once who doesn't like messing with me?" she muttered under her breath, glaring at Loki a bit and then continuing to stare back at the fire. She sighed and stretched a bit. "Well if your going to lurk there all night you can do that. I however am going to bed." She began to drag out her blanket and eyed around her wearily. "Just remember I can fry ya to a crisp if you get too close~" she chuckled.

Loki let out a chortle. "That's my girl!"

Lion

[Can other people see/hear Loki or is it just echo?]

"Who are you talking too over there?" Adaron replied, curious.  Not enough to budge from his rather comfortable spot behind the bushes.  But it was hard to tell from this angle just who was on the other side.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Laraine

( Loki can be seen by others, but only the ones he wants to see. Right now, he is invisible to Adaron. Loki will reveal himself soon enough ehehe)

Echo blinked and glanced over at Adaron and huffed. "No one, just myself.." She waved to him and sat down, wrapping her blanket around herself. "Now goodnight random stalker and figment of my imagination." She saw Loki's reaction and chuckled a bit, lying down.

"Hmmm..she's becoming quite the girl...I'm liking her more and more~" Loki glanced at the male and floated over, studying him for a while and curious to see what he would do.

Lion

Adaron sensed magics nearby, that which was different than the ones the person on the other side of the brush had enacted.

Adaron moved from his initial position and stepped through the brush, and kicked aside tins and pots.  And casually began to rummage through a bag present at his feet.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Laraine

Echo twitched at the others loud noises and being just a general jerk by looking through her things. He certainly would be surprised. She sighed, annoyed and sat up, glaring at the other and raising a eyebrow. The guy was certainly going to get a eye full. She had a few female clothes and underwear inside that bag as well as just useless everyday items. Brush, etc. She kept all her valuables on her person. She wasn't stupid after all. Her gold and other items were in a pouch around her waist under her clothes.

"Are you done looking through there and basically being a jerk?" She asked, eyebrow raised and stood up, walking up and over and cleaning up the mess he made a bit before huffing her glaring at him. "I don't have time for you. Either leave or I make you."

"Hmm interesting indeed." Loki chuckled.

Lion

Adaron stood when he was finished rummaging through her things and he crossed his arms over his chest.  Mildly interesting yes.  This one was feisty and if anything it brought him momentary amusement.  It was better than being bored by a river.

"You'll...'make me?'" he mimicked, grinning widely at her.  She certainly was funny!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Laraine

Echo raised a eyebrow and frowned. She was irritated at this....whatever he was trying to keep her from her much needed rest and being a jerk! She was losing her temper and frankly she felt a little unnerved around him...So her hand began to glow, she stood on her feet and walked quickly towards him holding out her hand.

She was ready to attack with whatever power she had left but suddenly Loki materialized between them both revealing himself to Adaron as well.

"Now now.. none of that little Echo~" He said and put a hand to her cheek, before sliding it down her chin. Echo froze instantly, as if being controlled by a unknown force and she bit her lip turning away. Her hand stopped glowing and turned away from them.

Loki turned back to the man, smirking. "Good day mortal...it seems as if you've upset my little pet...As amusing as it is to see her squirm, she is mine to mess with." He chuckled, golden eyes glowing, long white hair tied back in a ponytail.

"So I'd advise some caution...Unless you want to fall into a deep hole." he chuckled, remembering one of the ways Echo killed a man, the earth literally torn beneath him and falling to his doom.

Lion

Adaron blinked in mild surprise, taking a few steps back and staring up at the entity that simply appeared out of thin air.  He crossed arms over his chest and frowned deeply.  "So you're the other one she was talking to," he said after a moment of thought and then looked to the angry little wombat behind him.

He smirked a little, but bowed extravagantly.  "My apologies, child," he said.  "I was merely curious about your situation.  I mean no harm."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Laraine

Echo frowned a bit at the others sudden change in demeanor. At first she thought he was some kind of annoying thief that just wanted to make her life miserable and was asking to be burned...or buried...or drowned. Honestly she was contemplating several scenarios in her head of how to do it.

But the way he was acting at the moment was strange to her. He was almost the polar opposite of how he acted a few minutes ago. She didn't say anything, since Loki it seemed wanted to do the talking for her.

"Ah well, Enough small talk." He said with a cocky grin, golden eyes brimming with a warped sense of curiosity. "The names Loki, what may we call you, one that goes through a young girls belongings?" He chuckled and lied back, floating in midair and teasing a eyebrow in the mans direction. "And I do believe you already know dear beloved Echo over there...don't let her sour personality fool you. She really does have a heart inside that cold exterior."

"Hey!" Echo growled and then quickly looked away. Blush on her face and huffing. 

Lion

A grin of amusement curled at the edge of his lips.  "Are you sure?  She seemed determined to melt my face off not but a few minutes ago!  In fairness she did warn me.  And I did go through her things, if only to sate my curiosity.  I am Adaron, to the pair of you," he said.

"Going through a girl's belongings isn't a pastime of mine, for the record.  I was trying to meditate when an awful racket struck my ears.  That would probably the carcass you just incinerated.  Some wildcat I presume."  His smirk only grew.  "Who taught you to react so fiercely?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Laraine

Echo frowned and let out a sigh at the others words and rolled her eyes a bit. Already cleaning up around and figuring that Loki would just reply for her. Which is what he often did anyway.

"How else would she be taught? In the midst of battle of course!" Loki laughed and hummed. "Isn't that right dear girl?"

Echo paused and turned to the two men. "It's either kill or be killed." She said carefully, eying them. "No one can watch my back except for me. So I attack and fight for my life every single day." she waved them away. "Now if you two don't mind.. I would like to sleep sometime before the sun rises."

Lion

"Except you attack without any knowledge of your opponent.  That's a recipe for an early death if you ask me," Adaron said pointedly, tilting his head and crossing his arms.  While the young girl was content to go about cleaning up her campsite.

Without invitation, he sat beside her and crossed his legs, draping his hands over his knees.  "I would like to extend my apologies at destroying your things, or rather rummaging through them without your permission."  And extended a hand to her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn