Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You beat my drum H A R D ((Castle.))

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2011, 03:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Arachne pulled on her gear, the beautiful and well made crafted armor lay next to her on the bed. Pulling on her under garments, she looked around the room she had stayed in the night before. After she fixed her under garments on, she put on the out layer, instead of a dress. She wore the normal Connlaoth style, putting on her form fitting shirt and leather pants, then buckling on the under bust.

Standing up, she tucked her armor away under the bed, hiding it. Then she brushed her long fiery red hair out, pulling out a few pins, she pinned her hair up, leaving one of the shorter ginger colored locks to rest against the front of her cheek. Studying her face in the mirror, Arachne put some special glossy red paint on her lips, giving them more color.

Pulling on her large black boots, she pulled them over her feet. Grunting she finished off her apparel with a large well made broad sword to go into her belt. Smiling to herself she neared the door of the room she had rented, pulling open the door she made her way out of the building and down into the out skirts of the town, and out into the forest.

On her way to have a good training session, she stopped at a river about seven miles from the village she had stayed at. Crouching down she put her hand into the icy water and took a deep sip. Her senses alert, her shield up. Ready for almost anything

CastlesInTheSky

From the moment the sun had climbed above the silhouetted horizon, painting the Draconi forest with brilliant hues of orange and vermillion, Alexander Navarro had felt that something would happen that day. He did not know if it was to be a thing that would help him or hurt him, but as the brilliant rays of warmth shone in through the window and caressed his face, he knew there was only one way to find out; to wait. With his left hand he swept the hair away from his eyes and sat in his chair, waiting for the event he knew was to come.

Eventually, later that morning, he decided to take a walk outside. After exiting the home he made for himself within an abandoned house, he breathed in the fresh air and felt calm. He continued to walk, coming to a river. He listened to the sounds around him for a moment, then realized that there was someone else nearby. He peered through some foliage, to see a young woman drinking from the water. He walked up to her, stopping at about 7 feet away, enough so he could leave if need be and enough to make the woman feel non threatened. "I've not seen you around here. Traveling, are you?" He became aware, quite suddenly, that this was not a normal human. He felt drained, as if something had been taken away from him that wasn't visible to the naked eye. Perhaps she was one of those Connlaothian soldiers? He did not know, but felt he should be cautious around her.

Anonymous

Looking up, she waved her hand gently over the fast moving water to get the droplets off. Standing up she turned around slowly, her left hand creeping to her sword. Once she faced him she felt a little un-easily, looking down at the white lily embroidered on her tunic, she remembered why she had come here in the first place. Looking at him Arachne answered in a gruff voice "Yes" looking him up and down, she felt a slight tingle tickle her body.

Then realizing she could sense the magic that flowed through him, she narrowed her fuchsia eyes at him, whispering one chilling word under her breath "Magic." clearing her throat, she smiled at him, pretending nothing she was wrong she said in a friendly voice "I'm Arachne of Connlaoth. You are?" keeping her face friendly she rested one hand on her sword hilt, ready to attack if needed. If she killed him, he would be her first...but she had been hoping for someone stronger...but he would do...but...this wasn't her country...she didn't want to cause trouble for Connlaoth. Clearing her throat Arachne held out her hand to him.

CastlesInTheSky

Alexander was very uneasy, realizing she was probably a soldier, considering she had a sword with her. His eyes followed her movements carefully, and he felt even more uneasy when she reached toward her sword. The mark on her tunic made him cautious as well, but he couldn't place what it meant. He seemed ready to bolt away, similar to a wild animal. He attempted to use a sort of defense magic, but found it wouldn't work whatsoever. At that time, he also heard her say that she was from Connlaoth. He wasn't comforted whatsoever by her smile, but rather chilled by it. That glare that he had gotten from her, even before he had uttered another word, didn't help him feel much better. He had never met one of her sort before, though he had heard of them. It took him a moment to answer. He backed away very slowly, very tense but with little to no expression on his face. Too far to call to one of his men for help, too close to this woman to do any magic. "Leaving." He kept a close eye on her. "Because you come from Connlaoth, I figure we should just stay out of each others business." He backed away a bit more, then turned, walking away.

Anonymous

Arachne watched the series of experssion flow by his onto his face, seeing the mistrust in his eyes she laughed lightly. "You have an interesting name...never head of anyone being called Leaving before." she joked, then watching him move away her eyes slitted even more. "Going so soon? I just want some company..." she trailed off, trotting after him, keeping a hand on her sword hilt. Still alert as she caught up to him. Placing a hand on his shoulder to stop him from continuing on. "Stop!' she said harshly pulling him backwards a little.

CastlesInTheSky

Alexander wasn't extremely interested in what she had to say after he had set on leaving. It didn't matter to him, the only thing he really cared about was solving his mistake by leaving. He began to go a bit faster as he heard her footsteps after him, but it was of no use. She caught up very quickly and dragged him roughly backward. Having something of  a lack of muscle mass and little fat, he was quite light. She apparently misjudged his weight, which made sense considering he was very light for a man, and he skidded backward, feet struggling to find traction, but it didn't overcome his backward motion and he fell. It wasn't too bad of a fall, but it blocked his chance of escape. He stared up at her, sitting on his backside with his hands behind him. He watched her have her hand on her sword. His expression was non-trusting. "That's not how you treat all your acquaintances, is it?" He made no move to get up, figuring she would just shove him back down to keep him in a vulnerable position. "I'm not even in Connlaoth. You have no reason to do this to me."

Anonymous

Her eyes went wide as she felt how light he was. Watching him flail backwards she giggled a little as she said when he hit the ground, "seems your not the strong type." watching him, she shifted uneasily from foot to foot. Then she bent down, "well...it doesn't matter. Anyways, I never said I'd kill you now did I?" then she grabbed his arm and pulled him up with ease. Arachne was strong, from all her training, making her body well toned but not freakish for a woman, but instead very alluring and attractive. Hauling him to his feet, she said "Anyways whats your name?"

CastlesInTheSky

Alex just grunted at her comment. He wasn't accustomed to being laughed at, but it didn't bother him too much. Just enough to make him a bit annoyed. He let himself be pulled up, not expecting it at all. He showed an emotion clear on his face for once; confusion. He had expected something more...painful. He thought he knew many things about humans, but he supposed not. He knew less about the social life of people, as he wasn't one to make conversation outside of business very often. He said, "Alexander." He blinked absently at her. What would happen now? She clearly wouldn't want to do business with him, and it wouldn't work anyway. "What do you want of me?"

Anonymous

Watching him get up, she backed away a few feet to give him some room. Studying his face, she saw a little look of confusion flit across his features. Smiling warmly she said "Nice to meet you Alexander." taking her hand from her sword hilt she let it rest at her side, then she answered him. "I merely want nothing, it is you who talked to me first is it not? Anyways, if you must ask I want nothing really." then she crossed her arms over her chest, looking at him quizzically. Still debating whether or not she should kill him or take him prisoner.

CastlesInTheSky

Alexander was still about as relaxed as a rabbit staring eye to eye with a wolf. He knew that both he and people loved mind games, and he didn't want any played on him. He wasn't used to it. He stared at her. "Hm" was his only reply to her statement. Yes, of course. A woman whose life was devoted to destroying magic would of course want nothing with him, nothing. If she didn't want anything, she wouldn't be there still. What confused him though was the fact that she was not in her homeland and was so intent on causing harm to him. He thought that knights only fought to protect the land they loved, not going further. So much for that. A scowl crossed his features. He wouldn't let his confusion make him stand like a deer with lights shining in its eyes. He would escape. "It was a mistake. I was just trying to be a gentleman, polite, and you wanted to harm me." He crossed his arms. "You know.."

The sentence wasn't finished, as right then he suddenly bolted away to the left, thankfully given a bit of help by the fact that she had backed away. She shouldn't have trusted him to stay. Maybe he couldn't fight worth anything but he could definitely run. Considering he was running for his life, that did indeed assist in how fast he was going. However, he knew he might tire soon. The only thing that gave him hope was that, firstly, he could perhaps get outside her range of magic cancelling and secondly the fact that she was wearing heavy things and all that would maybe slow her down.

Anonymous

Looking at him, she felt a little awkward, then when he spoke she listened. "I never said anything about hurti-" she was cut off when he bolted away, huffing she quickly pulled off her belt that held her sword, also taking off her boots. Then she sprinted off after him. Dashing quickly through the forest like a wolf in a hunt after her prey...Alex. She had decided he would not be worth killing or capturing, but she wasn't done talking to him. Arachne ran almost as fast as she could, she was actually very fast, nearing Alex she put on another burst of speed. Getting close to him she called out "Hey stop! I never said I was going to harm you...." hoping he would stop, she slowed down a little.

Arachne cursed herself for backing up a few feet, and for being nice to him. Grumbling she kept on a steady pace behind him.

CastlesInTheSky

"I won't fall for that!"

He kept running, but he was getting a bit tired. Though he was running as fast as he could, powered partly by adrenaline. Nothing would make him stop. Nothing. Alex wouldn't let this woman get him. The only thought that ran through his mind was, 'Run faster!'
A short while later, his escape was cut off when he tripped upon a root and slammed to the ground, his hand getting scraped and bleeding. He tried to move, but his foot was wedged between a root and the ground. He made a panicked attempt to escape, then looked behind him, eyes wild, like a cornered animal. His chest heaved, chocolate skin shining lightly with sweat.

Anonymous

Nearly tripping over him, she skidded to a halt. Balancing herself out before she tripped over him. Chuckling she bent down, and crouched next to him. "I thought I might have to tackle you if you didn't stop. Looks like I don't have to, pity." she grabbed his foot and slowly wedged it out from between the large tree roots. "Be more careful next time." she barked harshly, then she grabbed his arm and tugged him upwards. Muttering, she then turned and started walking off to her gear, deciding it was best to just leave him alone.

CastlesInTheSky

Alex didn't say anything to her words, simply stared rather blankly. He watched her go off, then felt a sense of relief when she was a certain distance away. He sank onto the ground, sitting against a tree, still regaining his breath. His chest hurt. The markings on him began glowing slightly, as they sometimes did when he was either tired or about to use certain magic. The woman still didn't make any sense. She chased him, only to leave. All he knew as he sure as hell was not going to go back after her and ask her why she did that. He faced on the tree away from the direction she went, sighing. He felt extremely tired, and fell asleep without wanting to, his markings glowing softly.