Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Searching for Something(Ycharley)

Started by alex_xr, December 02, 2012, 06:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Aira rolled her eyes at him and helped take off his plate. She was surprised, at his scars,  She didn't say anything though she just looked for wounds.   She probably had her fair share of scraps from stray swipes of swords, but nothing she noticed. 

Aira grimiaced as she looked at the arrow. She didn't think it was anywhere important.  " I can break off the end, and push it through, or do the same and dig it out, your choice my friend" She knew this was going to hurt like heck and wished she had something for his soon to be pain. Perhaps she could find a spell in her book, but until she had time they would just have to make due.

Ycharley

"Break off both ends and pull it through, I'll be okay," Tyr assured her as he took a deep breath, preparing him himself, knowing the pain he was just about endure. He hoped her wouldn't start bleeding out as he clinched his teeth and balled his fist. Nodding to Aira to let her know he was ready.

He closed his eyes and opened his mind, trying to get his mind as far away from the pain as he could. He started to try to think of anything that would distract him, going to natural, nearly animalistic needs that everyone has.

alex_xr

She broke off both ends and pulled it through. She grimaced and held back vomiting as she did so.  She didn't know if she liked this but it wasn't nearly as bad as last time, She of course quickly used his handkerchief to clean her hands of his blood, as she tried her hardest not to get sick.  "Now, I used all the healing my sword, has for the day, Maybe the book has some spells. " She said looking at any other wounds where she decided to pull out her healing herbs and apply them over his gaping hole.  She  delicatly set it over his wound, and then placed a bandage against both sides, finishing it off with a long piece tied around his torso.  " Now no moving around much, your hurt and if you do so, you won't be able to protect me much longer. as you will bleed out " She said, strangely concerned about the man, she gave him her bag as a pillow and instructed him to lay down, as she pulled out her book staring at it.

Ycharley

"Don't use anymore magic on me," He replied simply. He was a warrior, and he naturally healed fast. Pain wasn't an issue for him either, he had a high pain tolerance and knew how to deal with it.
He knew the the holes where the arrow had pierced him would scab and close soon, though it would stay sore for a long time. He didn't lay down, but rather stretched what he could, being careful not to stretch anything that would cause the arrow wound to open or bleed out.
"With all that magic stuff you should be able to protect yourself now," He joked softly. 

alex_xr

"If you wish, I suppose I won't " She sighed,  looking over the book, it had all sorts of spells, more then she could learn anytime soon. She set it aside though and looked at Tyr. " I suppose, But its always handy having someone like you around.  "  Aira then sent a message via her mind and an owl flew down. Aira smiled and fed it a piece of jerky from her pack.  " Good boy"   With that, Aira wrote down somethings on a piece of paper, and attached it to her friend. " take it home quickly and safetly now! " He said as the owl flew off.  She smiled towards Tyr, " That is my friend, an Companion through and through. " She said thinking of the owl.   Now what will we do, as we should let you rest, for a while and of course I will need to pay you. '

Ycharley

"Why did you send what ever message you just sent, bragging about getting those material things, you could die, get killed by bandits or something before you make it home to show your new toys off," Tyr replied, a hint of sarcasm and dark humor in his voice.
He couldn't help it, he didn't like mages, yes he could use magic, but he didn't rely on it, and usually only used it when trying to protect someone else. Though his point of view might have been hypocritical he didn't care.
He was constantly hired to find something that would help someone with their magic, so he saw magic as corrupting, at least to most.

alex_xr

Aira sighed, "I was letting my mother know I was ok  and had found what I was looking for. if you must know Tyr, Though I suppose you don't have anyone worrying about you. "  She sighed, " They are family heirlooms, and I was suppose to find them if I could "  She like how they helped her but that didn't help her make her way in the world. She was an inexperienced mage and adventurer, this journey had shown her that much.  She decided to ask Tyr something. " Tyr, You seem like you are skilled and wise. I was wondering if you could teach me. I know how to use a sword, and a bit of my magic, but as you noticed, I am missing some rather essential skills. "
She looked at him with her best cute pleading face. She put out of her mind the cost he would probably charge.

Ycharley

"Lesson one, when trying to get something, don't try being cute, men will take full advantage of it, so unless your wanting to give up the goods, find a different approach," He replied simply, almost completely non schelont. The subject didn't seem to bother him at all, though he figured it would call a blush to her face.

He then sat back down, it was clear on his face that he was tired, he as going to camp there that night, whether she did, that was up to her. He picked up his cotton shirt, pulling it back over his head.

alex_xr

"What if I am? " She said  trying to hide her blush. He had a point she supposed, it had worked at home but the world was a different place. Men would probably do as he said.  Aira unrolled her bedroll and laid down She hadn't realized how tired she was. She spoke up at him. " Thank you for everything  today, you were amazing. " She sighed looking up at the crumbling ceiling.  Compared to him she seemed so pathetic.  She fingered her new bracelet wondering what it did, and why it was so important that she was sent to get it. 

Ycharley

"Well if your willing to give up the good to every half decent body and face you have much bigger problems," He replied, laying back slightly. He told himself he would get his bedroll in a bit, but he was too tired and comfortable at the moment to gather the inspiration to move.
He wondered why the girl wanted to be like him, it wasn't the best existence, he would probably eventually try to talk her out of it, tell her to go back home, meet a nice boy and settle down. Being an adventurer was a lonely, hard existence, full of pain, so much so that it clearly out weighed any advantage that it could ever boast.

alex_xr

She sighed knowing that he was right but ignoring him. She never had plans to give the good to anyone really, at least not in the near future. She just wanted to be useful, to grow more powerful.   She opened up her book and  started to read it. when she fell asleep, the book pressed to her chest moving up and down as she breathed, she was at peace, dreaming of adventuring and meeting new people.

Ycharley

Tyr fell asleep rather quickly, his body naturally pushing him into a deep sleep so it could heal itself more efficiently. He didn't snore, or really make any sound, he also lay perfectly still, abilities adventures gained after a while. He dreamed as he use to when he was a boy. He pictured how his life would be different if Adrien hadn't been there, ruining everything.

alex_xr

((forgot she is an fey and doesn't sleep :D ))

Her trance ended before he woke up. She had heard that they needed less sleep than humans and half elves but she had never seen it first hand.  So Aira went to her book looking it over. It had so much information. She read through several techniques and such and got excited about praticing.  She tried to not wake Tyr, as he needed his sleep. She fiddled with her stave and her bracelet a bit, examining their magic.  It would seem that she would be way better prepared next time she had to fight.

Ycharley

Aira's stirring woke Tyr, but looking at him you couldn't tell. He was listening, seeing how she was when not being watched. Would she be someone that he could learn to trust enough to teach his techniques too? Still that fact that she was so young and innocent weighed heavily on his mind. Did he really want to watch that be taken from her, because in the profession she seemed to be going in, it would be. He shook his head slightly, in the end it was up to her, he could try to warn her or scare her off, but if that's what she decided in the end she would need his training.

alex_xr

Aira, looked over to Tyr, Glad he was sleeping. The Gods knew he needed it.  She would have to check his wound when he woke she thought.  Aira set her stuff down and walked out of the ruin collecting scraps of wood.  She began to pile it up and then used her magic to start it, as it was a bit cold due to it being early morning. She took out some dried meat and placed a couple pieces by Tyr. She hoped he liked it, It was something she had picked up before she left.  She ate some and continued to read her book, looking out and around every once in a while. 

Aira was glad to have company, She had been lonely out her by her self.  She tried a new ward spell and as she did, the air around any openings in their ruin glimmered for a few seconds.  She would of tested it but she didn't want to wake Tyr. So she was content to let it stay up.

Ycharley

Tyr finally sighed, sitting up slowly, he really should have got up and got his sleeping roll. He flinched slightly as the soreness in his chest when he moved. 'The next few days were going to be long', he thought to his self, running his fingers through his messy snow white hair. He picked up the pieces of dried meat and walked to his pack, tossing her pieces of some sort of flat bread. The bread had bits of dried fruit inside as well as herbs. He grabbed a few pieces for his self before returning to sit down, slowly eating the meat and bread. Once done to took off his blood stained shirt, and started to remove the bandages. It was clear he was use to taking care of his own wounds, and didn't have help or no one he trusted enough to tend to his wounds.

alex_xr

Aira tried the bread, It was good, not nearly as good as anything she had back home but good. She then figured she wouldn't get far if she compared food like that. That was when she noticed that he was tending his bandage alone. " Here let me help you, " She said moving near him ready to help bandage him.  " You should let my help you, it will go faster"  Aira thought about the man, He seemed so strong and sure of him self.  She wished she was more sure of her self and ready for the dangers in the world. It seemed she was very unready for this line of work.

Ycharley

He looked up at her her face slightly stern, "You gag your self to death pulling out an arrow and now you want to tend to something that may be infected, which is a lot worse?" it was more of a statement then a question. He was definitely going to have to toughen her up if she wanted to do what he did. Blood, guts, and general unpleasantries came in the job description. He pulled off the bandage in the front looking down at the wound. It wasn't infected but it did look slightly angry. He stared at it for a moment, as if contemplating something.

He then reached into his bag and pulled out a list of herbs from his pack. "Go find these herbs, if you pick the wrong ones I die, because there are a lot of plants that are actually poisons that look like these herbs. Lesson two, self confidence, you rarely have time to second guess yourself, and others lives generally depend on you."

alex_xr

Aira sighed and walked off, leaving her ward up, it would stop any attacks from afar such as magic or arrows, at least a couple that is.   She looked at the list, She was familiar with most of them.   Looking around she realized that it would be a bit tougher, as he was right there were some similar but she could tell the differences.

Aira smirked,  as she checked another of the list. She had most of them,  She double checked them, as she found the last one. She had been away for a while as it took time to gather and find them. She was postive she had the right ones. So she brought them to Tyr. " Here, you go, " She was going to let him prepare them figuring her way was different than what she had planned.

Ycharley

"Your trying to poison me," He laughed as he threw some of herbs to the floor.
"Look at them, find the difference between them and the real herb, lesson 3 attention to the smallest of details," He said as he took the herbs he had and grinned them up into a paste. Her put a little paste on the wounds, he then added ale to the rest and proceeded to drink them. With the look on his face it was clear that they were not pleasant.