Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stealing Time

Started by Winters-Feather, May 19, 2014, 06:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

The fae sat in a tree top, stiffing a giggle as an angry basilisk slithered through the forest ground.
"I wills findsssssssss yous, fae," it hissed. "I can sssssee you for what you aresssssss."
Maar stuck out her tongue at the vexed creature, whose tail was curiously knotted in the end, complete with a tiny bell.

Maar was not her true name. The figure she wore, a homely child with sun-bleached hair, freckles, and a somewhat uneven short hair cut, was  not her own, either. She was in reality a tall and slender, youthful looking woman with long locks of sapphire hair. Not many knew Awari, though her partner that she was due to meet did. All the Hawks, those branded as the leaders of their respected branches, did, though that did not mean Maar shed her glamour in their presense at all times.

The fae looked up at the rising sun.
I am going to be late, she thought, giving one last fond look at her work before disappearing into the shadows. The basilisk finally looked up into the trees as the leaves fell, but he was too late.

In the shadows, Maar traveled a mile south until she stood ontop of a tree that was split right down the middle. This was the spot she had agreed to meet with her partner for this mission. The nature of the mission itself... well! The fae adjusted her gloves and hid a crystal quartz pendent that she now wore around her neck under her collar. Iron was a deadly poison to her kind and though the charm wouldn't act as a complete antidote, it at least made being around steel and the like tolerable.

Caerina

Myra glided through the woods with an easy step. She was late for an important mission which she found out about just yesterday, but she was in no hurry to get there. Myra was, honestly, never hurrying anywhere and because of that it wasn't a rare thing for her to get into trouble for that. But, being the charming, witty self most people just couldn't stay angry at her for a long time.

Her golden hoop earrings shone alluringly from time to time, partially hidden by the long ginger hair that fell down her shoulders. She wasn't too tall, but was a very capable archer considering her lean figure. Although her body wasn't truly trained as a warrior's body would be, she was a capable little thing, with more small daggers and shurikens hidden in her clothes than she would ever dare admit.

She had so little time to rest since her last mission, so she made an agreement with her partner about the time and place of their meeting by a letter. Myra barely had the strength to hold her eyes open enough to write the damn thing, but after a full day and night of sleep, she felt much, much better by any standards and was ready for a new adventure.

She knew her partner - Awari from Glint Hawk meetings, but the two didn't have much business together. Of course, Myra was all too happy to remedy that. As she reached the tree where they agreed to meet, Myra smiled widely at a small looking girl. She heard Awari had some amazing glamour talents, but this was incredible.

"Awari," she smiled still as she approached "Or should I call you Maar, because I never seem to get that right?"

Winters-Feather

"You look so small from here," Maar replied from the top of the tree.
The next moment she was gone, merged with the shadows.
"Maar suits me just fine," the child's voice said from behind Myra.
Standing right behind her partner, Maar playfully poked Myra with a stick. Though her form was young, Maar couldn't hide the age in her eyes.
"Besides, it's best not to use one's true name," she said. "Especially when one has an angry snake after them. Shall we head off then, Maid Myra?" the fae teased, pointing towards the west.
"I believe that's our road."

She had memorized the map the night before and then burned it.

Caerina

"Maar it is," Myra beamed at her partner.

Truth was, Myra had little to no information about the task they were on. She knew it was supposed to be a hunt after an artifact and she knew the approximate location, but beyond that she was oblivious to what they were going to face. That made her feel excited but also a bit more wary than usual.

"Have you any useful information about what we are after?" she asked as she started walking in the pointed direction.

Winters-Feather

"You really don't know?" Maar asked as walked beside Myra.
She wasn't wholly surprised. Sometimes clients liked to separate the information among those they hired for fear of capture. Under normal circumstances it was a wise decision, but Maar found it to be a pointless tactic used with them.
"He SAID it was a powerful scrying device owned by a powerful mage," Maar said, her bright eyes flashing with excitement.
"But I think there's something more to it than that. You can get scry glasses anywhere."
That wasn't to say that they could be found everywhere... But it wasn't like there was only one in the world. There had to be a specific reason why their client was in dire need of this particular one.

Caerina

"Fascinating," mumbled Myra as she walked beside her partner "I was busy the last few days. We had some issues with authorities down at the Thunderblack mountains and I was sent to investigate." she explained shortly "I wasn't even aware I had a new job waiting for me as soon as I return," her eyes sparkled with amusement as she spoke.

"If they are sending both of us in, I doubt it's anything ordinary," she pondered "Might be something powerful and old, especially if a wizard is keeping it. I can tell from experience that powerful wizards who hide deep into the forests usually have the most interesting things to steal!" Myra smiled happily. She was versed when it came to magical objects, but was nevertheless surprised to find out they chose her for this job. Usually she dealt with books and weapons, rarely something as this.

Winters-Feather

Maar nodded.
"Well, in truth, this is a sort of job I COULD do by myself," she bragged. "Though there are some... complications."
The fae shook her head, frustrated.
"It's made of metal and iron," she grumbled.
Even with her gloves, she'd most likely burn and almost - if not succeed- at killing herself.

Caerina

(ooc: I am really sorry for the long wait, real life kinda stood in my way of rp-ing...)

"Ohh," Myra said knowingly as she nodded. That really was a complication, one that did put her at the line of fire, actually, and one that made most plans quite impossible to finish.

"That is a complication," she murmured more to herself than her companion "We'll just have to be extra careful and think of a good plan, so we don't kill you, or me, or both of us." Myra smiled slightly, but it wasn't really happy, as the wheels in her head were already turning fast.

Winters-Feather

OOC: That's alright! That happens.
IC:

Maar grinned widely at her partner's wishes.
"Oh, it's simple," she replied as she lead the way into the deep wood. The trees were so thick the sunlight barely passed through the leaves. Finding it too cumbersome to walk, Maar slithered into the shadows until she crawled  again on the branch of a tree ahead of Myra. She hung upside down, her arms crossed.

"I  have  fun with the grumpy old man, and you take the glass," she said. "Easy. Plan done. Come!"
Maar swung herself to the next tree, and climbed on top of the branches with ease, the branch never even dropping a leaf.