Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just Getting Back into it

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2010, 02:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Well, hi.

I'm Kaalg (a name I chose because it is my favorite D&D character's name), and I haven't seriously RP'ed in a good 6 years.
I got started back in high school on Neopets, and went from there. When I went into my junior year, though, I fell out.
With a recent resurgence of me watching old sword & sorcery epics, reading a lot of fantasy fiction and getting back into D&D over the past year and a half or so, I decided maybe I should give this a shot.

Besides, it couldn't hurt.

Disclaimer: In advance, I would like to deeply apologize for any wrongs I may unwittingly commit, or any toes I may unwittingly step on. In the case that I may offend you, over step my boundaries, break a rule, or use bad grammar, please notify me and I wil do my best to correct my mistake.

Anonymous

Welcome 8D It's hard to step on toes here, but I'm sure f you did anything of the sort someone would be more than happy to help you out x3

=3 I hope you have lots of fun here and enjoy your stay!!

Anonymous

Thank you very much. I am going to try to have a character mapped out by the end of today, and hopefully by tomorrow I will have my first post.

Xphy

Welcome to SotE! I hope you enjoy it here and stick around for a while.. ^^

Anonymous

I do have one question, though:

The character I want to play has a background based in being born into slavery the son of a pit fighter/arena gladiator, and he eventually becomes one himself before his escape in current times. Where would be a good place to stage his background? I was reading through the different lands and I thought possibly in Zantaric?

Xphy

If I remember correctly Essyrn has established fighting pits and coliseums where slaves fight so it might be a good place to set it.

Edit: I just looked and its forum description says it does.

Anonymous

Okay, thank you very much!

This will be most useful in creating my character.

Anonymous

Would someone mind checking out the character is just posted a description of and giving me some feedback? Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

//http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=10623

Anonymous

he looks fine, or should i be more analytical? Essryn sees little action and it is a strange notion that a warrior of renown only has one child ;)

or was that the only child he cared about ? xd

Anonymous

He looks great. (: Essyrn only sees little action I.C because hardly anyone posts there.  In game the city is quite wealthy and all that jazz, so your character actually throws a whole new (and quite neat) concept onto Essyrn!  (( I don't imagine there is much to do out in the middle of the desert, even if it's in a wealthy city, gladiators and fighting pits for entertainment and gambling make sense.))

I think your character will already be interesting and entertaining to poke at!

Anonymous

Welcome to SotE! If you're looking for some love in Essyrn, I've got Dargas that uses a deft mix of wind and earth magic to manipulate sand. And he plays a flute! 8D

Anonymous

Thanks guys! I'm going to start a thread in Essyrn. It won't really have a plot, but it will be more of a topic so I can roleplay him for a little bit and get a good feel for him. Feel free to join in!

Edit: Here is the topic I started as Kohl, feel free to jump in, he might need some help!

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=10627