Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

[generic greeting title here]

Started by Anonymous, May 04, 2010, 04:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Well, I just joined. xD

The user name was random, if you're staring at it and wondering why it's so cliche; I'm open to any nicknames you'd ever desire to call me by, even if it has nothing at all to do with my current name. >>; But I'm rambling...

I'm coming off a (quite short) roleplaying hiatus. Well, I wouldn't really call it a hiatus; rather, it was a gap when I didn't know what I wanted to do. I recently closed my site, which was almost a year old, due to very personal reasons. With that off my chest, I've been feeling really great and kind of wanting to write again. I actually joined Remnants of the Earth, well, who knows how long ago... And I am deeply ashamed to say that I was one of those "join then instantly leave" members. That was back when I was too busy running my site, and on an activity high I decided I could take on another. However, I'm back here!

I've greatly admired this site for a while (well, ever since I knew it existed, which hasn't been for more than a year or two; I found it through Rhi-Rhi's signature and comments on RPGC) and I loved how you guys can have a game that's so freeform and lax without being chaotic. I'm one of the younger roleplayers (seventeen in twenty days) who fell into the generation of "you must have bio forms and word counts and this and that and here are our rules." While I desired to join a game that wasn't so uptight, I was too afraid that mine wouldn't work, but now I can come here and post without stressing about restrictions. And that's really what roleplaying should be about. I want it to be like the good old days when I sucked and made quickfire posts with my close friends (without the sucking part).

Some things about me... Well, I hate introductions for one. xD I love a lot of the standard stuff - video games (hooray Zelda, Pokemon, and other games I've started and never beaten!), writing (hello, stories I've never finished!), drawing on my good days (usually I accept that I suck and don't bother), reading (a lot by normal standards, but not so much compared to avid readers), et cetera - and don't see very much unique about me, but maybe that'll change. Besides roleplaying and school and chatting with friends, marching band makes up a lot of my life. I'm going to be a senior in high school, and with this being my last year to march, I hope to become the leader of the flute section. Marching band really helped me come out of my shell (even if I'm still quiet to normal people's standards), and I hope I can continue with some personal growth by trying out for a leadership position in the band.

Here, however, you might notice that I'll be quiet. xD I might observe more than I go out and post, but soon I'll work up the courage to contact people and plot. Even though this looks like a very helpful, friendly community, I always make the assumption that I'll annoy people, even the slightest bit, by asking them to take time out of their day to plot with me.

That's my brief story. xD Or maybe not so brief.

Anonymous

^^ greetings! I'm kyuubi, or Kyuu, and there is rarely a day when you won't find me here. Its great having new users around, and I look foreward to seeing what kind of characters you have in mind.

Anonymous

Nice to meet you, Kyuubi! I hope to be a constant presence too, though with finals coming up who knows if that will happen just yet. xD I hope to get some characters up tonight; I have one or two that I've had for a while that I would like to adapt to be played here. <3

Anonymous

Video games. <3
Reading. <3
Marching Band. <3
Flute. Pffft. I played trombone myself.

Anyway! Welcome! I be the one with the name that has been designated as Crono. 8D Don't worry about being slow to jump in, it was a couple years before I really started doing stuff around here. |: Well...before I started starting stuff around here. <__< I'm still working on the doing part. The cbox is love. <3 It's what really got me active.

And don't worry about annoying anybody. After all, nobody's ever told me that I'm annoying and, trust me, there's plenty things that I do that can be considered annoying.

Sooo...yeah! I can't think of anything else to say besides that I hope you're time here is long and full of awesomesause (with some tacos on the side).

Also: If you would like to thread with me, shoot me a PM when you get your character(s) up. 8D I'll warn you now though, I'm a sssssssllllllllllooooooowwwww poster. |: I'm about half a month behind on a lot of threads. >__>

Anonymous

My goodness, you sound a lot like what I was thinking when I joined! =) Hello! I be Juno. I'd be more than happy to plot and play with you, if you'd like to sometime, and don't worry! There are lots of really fantastic people here, and this is a pretty chill and fun place, but you said you've been watching so you must know a little of how things are already. =)

Welcome to the site!

Anonymous

@ Crono:

Haha, tromboner. xD

It is pretty epic to hear the low brass barreling out loud low notes way behind us in concert band. Except one time, in my first year of marching, I almost got brained on a trombone slide when I messed up. D=

I hope my time here is long, too. xD And sure, we should have a thread sometime (once I have characters figured out, et cetera). I don't mind if it takes a while; liquid time is love if I want to do more than one thread. It's always nice to have some stress-free threads; as much as I like to post often, it gets kind of exhausting after a while, and by then I just want to take a break. So it's totally fine. xD I promise I will never pester you for a reply.

@ Juno:

Oops, almost didn't notice your post! It's really nice to meet you. ^^ I'll be glad to find somewhere where I don't have to deal with enforcing rules and dealing with drama. xD This place is like an oasis. Anyway, I'd love to plot with you sometime too. Thanks for greeting me!

Anonymous

I suppose that I should say some sort of greeting, but since you've been all lurky and what not, I don't have to give some big greeting as is the norm for the new people. Ahem! Anyway! I'm Shizzy, pleasure to have you with join us, and I hope that you enjoy yourself here! If you need help with anything, don't be afraid to ask.

Also, yay flutists! *Used to play flute, hasn't in years >_>*

Anonymous

xD I'm sorry for depriving you of the usual welcome spiel, Shizzy! However, I appreciate you greeting me. <3 I will be sure to ask if I have any questions! And don't hesitate to correct me if I mess up (such as making a character way different from the norm in a certain region). I can't wait to start roleplaying here!

And now I shall stop lurking and start working on a character. xD

Anonymous

Pffft, making a character different from the norm, do you see some of the characters here? Some of them are very far from the norm! Just look at some of mine! Bwahaha!

Anonymous

xD You do have a point there. *works on my dog shapeshifter kinda thing*

Anonymous

Hehe, shapeshifters are fun. :3 *has a few of em*

Anonymous

Welcome welcome <3<3<3<3

=D it's great to have you heeeeere.

Have fun >_</)

Lion

Hola there!  Welcome to SotE!  Seeing as you're already getting on here in so short a time, I thought I would just pop in and offer a hello! 8D  I'm Lion and yeah, Shizzy's right, there are pretty strange characters here so yours ought to fit right in!  Have an amazing time here, and feel free to ask me any questions you might have or if you see a character that you wanna play with, let me know.  I'd be happy to rp with you.  Have a nice day.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

'Ello, Solo Ghost! I'm kind of new here myself, but hell, welcome to the party!

Haha, you and me have a lot in common, when it comes to roleplaying history! I'm also one of the younger roleplayers, the 'strict' generation where everything's all regulated and word counts and blah blah blah~ Here it's nice and relaxing and you don't have to worry about all of that, which is great!

Oh, and yes! Hooray for starting and never finishing video games! I'm playing LoZ: Twilight Princess myself, hoping to finish it, but hell if I ever will. xD

Anyway, if you ever want to roleplay once you get some characters up, feel free to PM me! I'm always up for a thread~

Anonymous

Ahh too many people to greet! Hello, everyone! <33

And yeah, Kiri, it will be nice to get away from that. xD I mean, I like to pretty up my post (at least with colors) and I can write as much as is needed, but it will help to focus on writing rather than looking over your shoulder and hoping you aren't doing something wrong. I'm especially looking forward to being lazy and using one-liners when that's all that's needed. xD

Twilight Princess was awesome. xD I really got into it, especially with Wolf Link and using the Wii Remote. There's something satisfying about shredding into monsters with the flick of a wrist. My mom adored it too, because she's been a LoZ fan. I recall her threatening to ground me when I was too lazy to beat a boss one time. o__O

Xphy

Hiya! ^^ Welcome to the boards!

I'm Xphy or just X, and it's really nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Anonymous

Heya! Welcome to the site! *wavewavewave*

I get what you mean with the not wanting to bother people thing, I do that too... ^^; But if you ever wanna RP with me, let me know! I'm always up for more threads.