Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"Trying" to not Lurk

Started by Banshi, October 23, 2013, 04:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banshi

Greetings players and people and characters! Nice site, I can't believe I hadn't seen it before, but I've found my way here now, so the least I could do is enjoy it to its complete fullness. Right? -yes-

I'm thirty in a week, been RPing since I was six, online for the last 16... back with tiny chat servers and email play-by-posts. I still play table-top games, Shadowrun/Pathfinder/White Wolf, but what I lack in being able to role-play in person I found in forums and browse-based games. I still have a few characters in FR (ah zmud). Haven't been playing lately and came back to my favorite sites dead or dying. *tears*

Looking forward to coming in with on of my favorite freeform characters into the Connlaoth 'civil strife'. Probably wont just jump in, but the events would be too hard to ignore, really. So, plot page and stuff to come after, almost finished with a basic character page... hope to meet you all soon!

visualspice

Hey Banshi! Welcome to SOTE!
We're almost the same age XD I'm 29 and have been rpin' for a while <.>
I'm too lazy to um, think back to HOW long but yeah XD
I'm used to running forums, but after I took a break from rping myself, I sort of let my own rp group die away (it was a sad day) But, wanting to be lazy and not run a forum but wanting to rp for rp's sake, my totally awesome friend Paradox pointed me to this site and BAM

The addiction sets in quick XD  (I was addicted to rp before to unhealthy levels so yeah- BAM, it's back D; )

Glad to see you are interested in my Civil War event! If you have any questions don't hesitate to post it on the plotting page or shoot me a PM.
I'm just recovering from surgery, and now that my pain meds aren't making me delusional anymore, I'm... more or less stuck at home doing not much of anything but sleeping and rp :T
(which is pretty cool now that my pain has subsided! *fist bumps the air*)

but yeah XD

Glad you found this place! It's super cool with a lot of active members of varying ages and rp preferences, so hopefully you can find a character and story scenario that's right for you!

Happy Rping and all that jazz~

-the spice

PS: and don't hesitate to ask questions if you got it and say hello to us via the chat box located on the main page (at the bottom)
It's normally pretty active, just depends on the time of day XD
We've got members from all over the world so yeah, normally SOMEONE is lurking (I'm normally one of them XD )
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

The Connlaothian civil war is pretty tight.  Get in on it, while the gettin' is hot - for lack of a better phrase!  I hope you'll find yourself right at home in a place like this, with all the experience you do have.  It's a shame to see an rp site you've been going to forever just die, but for the past many many years (I lost count D:) this one has been thriving and new people register every day.  It's alive and very active.

Spice has taken care of most of the basic information, so it'd be good to catch up on it.  Be sure to read about The World, in the tab above to get familiar on the setting.  Just about anything goes, and just remember to have fun with it.  See ya round, and hope you have a blast!

-Lion.

Oh, and just for future reference, avoid feeding the Spice cake at all times.  |8*  Paradox will tell you the same thing.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Banshi

You can't tell me not to give spice cake without explaining. My natural curiosity will take over adn at this point I pretty much have to do it! For Science!

Thank you both for the welcome. I go a character up and we'll see where I go. Many a few more to come as well, but I want to get into some RP before I go crazy(er). Anywho, thanks!