Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"This is your dumb idea, Major"

Started by TheUnforgiving, February 15, 2019, 04:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheUnforgiving

Yeah, so, I've done this sort of thing once before. Didn't turn out so well. The good times were good, but the bad times... well, a couple years of daily stress and internet drama did some lasting damage. I've been lurking in the Discord for a couple months and those of you there have heard the stories. Needless to say, it's made me extremely hesitant to give this another try. Once beaten, twice shy, you understand. 

But in that time, I've seen some things from this community that have ameliorated a few of my reservations, enough that I'm willing to try.

I'm not particularly...casual about writing. I don't so much find enjoyment in running through a plot as I do the actual storycraft: theme, character development, conflict, worldbuilding, that sort of thing. The art rather than the action. That's not to say I demand the same from others -- honestly, it's not my place to tell everyone else how to have fun; I deal with that enough in the tabletop community, especially with the OSR nutjobs.  However it does make me rather deliberate.  I tend not to get involved much, likely even less so now.  But I'll try.  See how it goes.
"...who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?" -- Nighteyes

Serish: Demonblood sorcerer-spellsword

Alera N'Rali: Queen bee of The Sightless Eye information network

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Welcome to SotE Unforgiving!!

Sorry you had a bad experience in your last community. This website is a little more relaxed than others of it's kind, so I don't think you'll run into the same issues here. Fingers crossed!

I put themes into my work sometimes, but mostly I just try to make things fun to read! I like knowing that a post I wrote was able to get a smile out of my threading partner (or whoever else may be reading), it makes me feel like I've accomplished something!

Looking forward to seeing what you make here!

quaggan

Welcome to SotE! I hope that it will turn out better than your last experience - unfortunately drama can ruin any sort of roleplaying fun. Your dedication to the craft of writing is impressive - I've been doing it for a while, but still can't get a hang of more complex aspects such as pacing and themes. I'm looking forward to seeing more of you on the main forum!