Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Your Humble Servant

Started by Anonymous, October 23, 2007, 09:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I'll attempt to post with as little pretention and extravagance as possible but sometimes it is difficult for me to do so.  Perhaps this is what led my peregrin journeys to this little corner of the Glass Spider.  I am a pretentious and extravagant individual, I've come to accept that about myself.

The Internet is a peculiar and wondrous thing and never had really been a new concept.  I believe it may have even been around as a form of consciousness holy men tapped into, a sort of Akashic Records but now made real with the advent of technology.  The Muslims believe in a chain of mountains called Mount Qaf.  They say God created it out of a single emerald and the green of the sky owes tribute to it.  According to Muhammed, it is five hundred years' journey high and two thousand years' journey round which sounds like what it would take to journey the net.  For the Jewish, it is called the Thohu or qav.  In the Torah it is a green line that girds the whole world and from which darkness comes forth.  There is so much darkness that comes from the Internet and it seeps through everything, spilling over into your life if you're not careful.  Those of us with strength can illuminate the darkness of Mount Qaf, throwing it into it's emerald beauty of God's creation.  I'll admit, perhaps humans invented this place but all inspiration and creativity of it owes fealty to God (hence it, in its pure form is infinitely good, infinitely just, infinitely full of love).  And what can be more illuminating than myth?  We are the mythbringers, the creators of worlds, the demiurges, the dreamwakers.  Don't think for a single second that writing carries a light burden--or that we, as writers are expendible.  The world needs us!  

Alas, I should be talking about myself and casting introductions, not pontificating of the origins of the Internet and our place within it as writers.  I suppose that I've just never been good at talking about myself.  That is for someone else; another life maybe, in another place.  All I could say about myself, really, is that I am human.  I strive to be loving and love, to endure and to be endured.  I struggle for balance and happiness and understanding of that around me.  I lift others up and hope that in turn I will be lifted up when I fall.  I am no different than anyone.  I cry when I am hurt, I laugh when I am happy.  Joy comes and goes and so does pain.  All these experiences make me me.  

I want to hear from others on here, anything to know that I'm heard and of course in turn you will be heard.  In truth, even if you choose to remain silent in reply I may still wish to peruse the inner-workings of your manuscripts here.  

Also, I'd like to say that I am more your servant than anything, because in serving others, we learn about the world surrounding us and those within it.

Anonymous

Uh...huh. Well um...welcome then person who doesn't really give us a name to call them or any relevant information on themselves. I'll call you Twighty then. As shall everyone else now. See what happens when you go off on tangents about Gods and Holy Men and being humble servants? You get a nickname from Shizzy.

I be hoping you enjoy yourself here Twighty, because this is a great place to be! Full of fun, wonder, greatness, and ham. Oh I do love ham. Ham and maybe egg, bit of bread...slice of cheese. Mmm. Delicious really!

Anonymous

Quote from: "ShizukuTonderui"I be hoping you enjoy yourself here Twighty, because this is a great place to be! Full of fun, wonder, greatness, and ham. Oh I do love ham. Ham and maybe egg, bit of bread...slice of cheese. Mmm. Delicious really!

Better great amounts of ham than great amounts of cheese, I would say.  I am, unfortunately, a bit lactose intolerant (facetiously speaking of course).

On a forethought, does 'Twighty' seem too close to 'Twitchy,' another player I assume you have here on SOtE?  I read up on individuals; quite the past-time.   People may get us confused.  I wouldn't want to live up to that individual's expectations and I'm sure he wouldn't wish to live up to mine.  

In truth, call me what you will.  What is in a name, anyhow?  A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. quoth the late Shakespeare.[/i]

Anonymous

.................................................................You take things far to literally, new friend Twilghty! You have to just go with the flow. But anyway, nice to meet you! I hope I get the chance to RP with you later! And I be Mona, but to any other place I'm Molty, MeMe, Ducky, Zuali, Soda, Molteh, Springeh, or crazy. ^^

Anonymous

I agree with Mona. You have to lighten up Twighty. Drop the pretentious act and just join the insanity. And don't say things like all the worlds a stage and we are but the actors. Also, how do you 'assume' we have here on SotE? You said you read up on people, so why are you assuming anything? Shouldn't you be sure if you like to read up on the individuals on SotE? Better get your story straight Twighty.

And no, Twighty is a whole two letters different from Twitchy, and they sound completely different! So it shall be impossible for people to mess up the two of you. Trust me on that too, we'll make sure everyone knows who we're talking about.

And you're not funny Quantum Shaman. IF that is your real name. We're onto you!

Anonymous

You got me, I just wanted to come back under a new profile because I didn't want the responsibility of having to pick up Necromantia and whatnot.  I wanted to start anew.  I guess perhaps this is better, because I don't have to act like someone else in order to try to avoid things.  I'm just shirking my responsibilities.  Hence, the pseudonym.  Oh and by the way Quantum Shaman is not my real name.  That's the other life I talk about.  Unfortunately, I'm not generationally hippie-esque enough to have a name like that on my birth certificate.  Neither is Twilighter.  But you'll never know my real name, so nehr! :P  

I still hold fast the rule that I'm going to try to avoid talking about myself as much as possible.  Mainly because I'm a boring person :P

Anonymous

Well, glad you finally decided to drop the false persona and your pseudointellectual charade in order to try and reconcile. Good on ya sir! And I can always ask Rhi what your real name is, or Draccy Pants.

I hope we can be friends but if you cross me I swear that the california fires will seem like a simple brush fire compared to the one that'll happen in your anus. By that I mean you'll be pooping out your organs and stuff.

Anonymous

Since we're on the topic of crossing people..

Shizzy if you cross me.. You'll be..
be..

Poopin' fog and icicles! D8< And I'm being for cereal about it!! FOG AND ICICLES!! DO YOU HEAR ME!?

:3

Anonymous

Quote from: "Draconian"Since we're on the topic of crossing people..

Shizzy if you cross me.. You'll be..
be..

Poopin' fog and icicles! D8< And I'm being for cereal about it!! FOG AND ICICLES!! DO YOU HEAR ME!?

:3

Noes! Not fog and icicles! THE HORROR!

ilu Draccy <3

Mwahaha :3

Anonymous

NO!
D8<

No ilu's!

Just..

"Quick! find me a heater ;_;" And by me in that statement...

I mean you.

y'know.. melt them icicles so..

o_O ewww...

Anonymous

Awwwwww!

But iiiiiiluuuuuuu! Why won't you accept it Draccy?!!! ACCEPT THIS LOVE OF MiiiiiiiiiiIIIiiIIiIine! And...wouldn't the icicles perhaps turn to fog if I find a heater? Either that or I'll just be pooping fog and water and I'll make YOU clean it up.

And I know ulm. I know you do! You snuggly me without biting me after all! Mwahahahah!

Now give me some snugglies Draccy.

Anonymous

Anonymous

*scoops it up and gives it back to Choco*

D8< Ew. Put it back!

Anonymous

But the loving draco!! The horrible brady bunch loving!!