Heran

Started by Anonymous, May 12, 2010, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[center:2fhrr6et]Heran
race[/center:2fhrr6et]

Characteristics:

What do they look like:

Their growth rate are somehow what in the middle oh humans and elf's growth rate, in the most extreme cases an adult can be as small as the smallest human or as tall as the tallest elf but usually they tend to be somewhere in the middle. Their hair is usually large and very, very thick. The color of the hair is usually the same or another shade of what the eyes color is and the eyes have slit pupils. Then there are the ears, they are small like a humans but pointy like the elf's. Their skin is resistant against extreme weathers, mostly heat and cold, besides that it is thicker than humans so to prove it (the resistance against extreme weather), although it doesn't show... much.

well you have the usual colors blue, black, brown and like the hair there are extreme cases, what would happen if one would have blue eyes, he or she would have blue hair which isn't that usual, it works backward too, if someone is born blond they will have yellow eyes right but how many yellow eyed or blue haired people have you seen irl if it was their natural color. What i am trying to say is that you may be born whit a normal color in both your eyes and hair, in the end you are free to choose whatever hair or eye color you like if your creating a Heran

Their Nails are very durable, so they don't break easily... They are slightly pointy and sharp. They have a furry tail, much like that of a canine, the fur on the tail is just like their hair - it is thick.on the subject of canine, they have canines... two sharp fangs... think vampire teeth...

25% of the Heran's are born whit either fur which cover the whole body or wings (usually whit the ability to make them shrink and grow so not to be burdened by extra weight or perhaps the burden of being watched all the time), 5% of the Heran's are born whit both. In some rare instances it has happened that they have been born whit two tails.

Do they have any special markings: N/A

Do they practice scarification: N/A

Tattooing: To outsiders it would seem as though there is no organization to their tattooing, even though they only use tattoo's as a military thing. For example they earn a tattoo for becoming a soldier but they all get a different tattoo because of who they are, it is a spiritual thing, the tattooer says that the tattoo was already there and that he only bringing it forth so that the new soldier and others may be able to see it.

How do they dress: Their taste of clothes are different than most other as their taste says somethings in the lines of this:
* efficiency before comparability, comparability before looks
there are some who clothe themselves by breaking this common sense since it isn't an actual law.

What's their average height and build:(read first paragraph, as for a real number, well i don't know about elf's height, hell i don't even know human average height) as for their build well it is as random as the humans.

Homeland: Somewhere in the middle of Moraki desert there lies a few tribes of the Heran's.

Special abilities and distinguishing features:
Physical abilities - they are born whit sharp teeth and nails, a thick skin and sometimes wings, the first years they learn not to harm them selves through trial and error and their remaining years they learn how to use it in daily life of course someone living in a tribe will learn things rather fast as they are whit their kin, whit people who can help them.
Survival, strategy & tactics - it is a tribe which practices survival, hunting, tracking and military training as a standard, it is almost law on it
Communication - they can communicate whit canines (while not actually speaking certain sounds and movements represents a specific word in the human language, well if you where to translate it anyhow)

Life cycle:
What's the average lifespan? 150:ish
When do they mature? quick answer is when they are 17
After their birth it takes them about five years to learn better control (ie: they will not harm themselves by accident, think fire when you where young you probably touched and learn not to do it again, right, so that is a principle similar to the Heran's five first years)
After their first five years they learn how to use their body (sharp nails, canine fangs etc) in the daily life for and they will also learn or be tutored by family in survival, hunting and tracking for seven years.
The following five years will mark them as an adult, they will learn on their own, techniques beyond what they have already learned; be it in the everyday life, hunt or something else. At the age of 17 they will be mature but if they haven't done what is expected by them they will not be looked upon as an adult as they will not receive their first tattoo marking their joining in the army and will therefor not find someone willing to mate whit them, well at least within the Heran's tribes anyway unless of course they find someone who would be willing to settle whit anyone.
At 17 they earn their first tattoo for becoming an adult, and by doing that joining their military, joining the military enables the new adult to truly master their skills and that training takes about another four years (some Heran's feels that since they doesn't have outside knowledge they are limited).

They mate or life so it is important that they find someone that will impress them, tattoos and personality is what they usually go after to become impressed although there may be a balance between the two there are some cases where tattoos are worth more than personality and the other way around. No they do not have marriages, those who mate will move in together

How many children do they have? 6 child's is the most any Heran's can produce every ten year, they may carry up to 6 child's at a time and if they get pregnant a seventh time they will not give birth to a living child.
How long is their gestation period? seven months

5. Cultural description
What's their society like? It is like an army, anyone viewed as an adult will be starting military training to master ones physical abilities, survival, strategy & tactics, in await for the next battle they do nothing but training, hunting and enjoying everyday life. They are a defensive tribe which does not engage military combat unless forced (sort of if i hit you you will hit me back, in this example you would have been the Heran's).
One leader and one shaman lives in every tribe and when the leaders and shamans from each tribe are gathered they will discuss war, well incoming war or suspicion of war, they leaders are the ones who lead all the soldiers into battle and the shamans will stay in their respective tribes to protect the old and young and hopefully they will recognize potential soldiers

Any superstitions? Tattoos... A tattooist is like a shaman in the eyes of the Heran's as they say that they bring forth what was already there

What kind of technology do they have? they use what mother earth have given them which leaves a low level of technology and there is no need for weapons as they uses their body although some tribes have started to craft, craft item for hunt but still no weapons, they make hardened leather whit sharp metal pointing outward to make their soldier more deadly.

Medicines? herbs, blood, poison they once again uses what mother earth has given them

How do they get along with outsiders? they don't although if it can avoid a war they grant safe passage

Do they live among other races or keep to themselves? they keep to themselves although there have been those who want more technology, magic or something else and leaves their tribe

Religion:
Any religious beliefs? they are strongly connected to nature, and then there are the tattooists to, well that is as close to  religion they will get

Anonymous

Hello Shino, I am Shizzy, resident Moderator for this place! I'll be going through your race and asking questions and such about them, getting clarification and that sort of thing!

Shino, it would be nice if you could go through your post first and correct the spelling mistakes. I'm seeing the word whit used instead of with. If you are using the Medieval English word whit, be aware that means "Iota" or "Tiny, small, miniature."

You mention that their hair can be the same colour as their eyes, but you don't say what the eye colours can be. If they can only be human eye colours (Such as amber, brown, green, blue, grey) then just say that their eye colours are the same as humans, if not, please specify any extraordinary sort of eye colour.

Quote from: "Shino"they may clothe themselves in any fashion they want to as long as they keep that in mind although there are some who clothe themselves by breaking this common sense since it isn't an actual law.
I'm not sure I get what you mean by this particular passage, could you please clarify it? Does it just mean that some Heran don't go by the "efficiency before comfortability, comfortability before looks" tradition? If so, you might want to think about revamping the sentence structure.

As for when they mature, do you mean to say that when they master their physical abilities, their bodies hit puberty and able to produce offspring? That question really is just meant to find out when they physically hit puberty. As for gestation period, that just means this: How long does a baby grow for in the mother's womb?

Do they have six children at a time, or can they have one child at a time. Do they give live birth like mammals, or do they lay eggs like birds and reptiles.

Just my own little question, do they have any particular mating habits, or are they like humans where courtship can be simple, do they have marriages, divorces, do they mate for life, have arranged matings/marriages, etc.

I think that's all for now!

Anonymous

well you have the usual colors blue, black, brown and like the hair there are extreme cases, what would happen if one would have blue eyes, he or she would have blue hair which isn't that usual, it works backwards too, if someone is born blond they will have yellow eyes right but how many yellow eyed or blue haired people have you seen irl if it was their natural color. What i am trying to say is that you may be born whit a normal color in both your eyes and hair, in the end you are free to choose whatever hair or eye color you like if your creating a Heran

sorry for my English, it isn't my first language and i didn't find a spell check

how do i revamp the sentance structure so that others may understand it then? how many people use to small pants, who many people use pants that is not made from jeans, if you think about it there is always someone who dresses differently and the same may be said about Heran's as not all dresses up using their dress code

exactly, once the Heran's have begun to master their physical abilities they already know how to not to harm themselves and others by mistake so their body mature and hit puberty and able to produce offspring

They can have up to six children a time, however they can only give birth to six children at max for ten years, they are born like mammals

They mate or life so it is important that they find someone that will impress them, tattoos and personality is what they usually go after to become impressed although there may be a balance between the two there are some cases where tattoos are worth more than personality and the other way around. No they do not have marriages, those who mate will move in together

Edit: they can have up to 6 children every year, it can happen that a mother carries six infants but then she will have to wait another ten years before she an give birth again, the most usual is that they give birth to three infants. their births aren't controlled, what i tried to explain was how common some birth are.

Anonymous

Alright, well for the sentence structure I'd pretty much just say that last part, about how not all Herans follow the dress code. :3

So how long does it usually take for a Heran to being to master their physical abilities?

If you add this stuff in to your original race form, you should be good!

Anonymous

i ran it through a spell check, changed the sentance structure and i think that i added everything

Anonymous

Alright, I'm gonna get another admin or mod to look this over Shino and hopefully if they don't have any input we can make it a race.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shizzy"Alright, I'm gonna get another admin or mod to look this over Shino and hopefully if they don't have any input we can make it a race.

Well now, how is that going?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

so i should copy paste the first post at the wiki?

Anonymous

You go to the correct wiki page "Species" I think for you, and then add the information to the correct form Here and go from there.