Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Adela

Started by Rhindeer, June 24, 2010, 01:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Brainstorm Adela stuffs here! ^^ Got ideas? Share them!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Justice system (who answers to who and what not. Is the King Absolute Power-ie?)
Dragon Riders ( 8P Hurrrr, 'course )
Clan-things.
More? I guess, ranks in the military
climate
More info on the duhjari ( D8 is that how you spell it? They're important to adela right? XD This requires Tally-Pants though )

Tally

Tribes! Adela's government or something can be based on tribes! >_</)

Rhindeer

8D Details, Tally!

And yes, please be explaining the Duhjari already! xD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Yeeees, tell usssss. Teeeeeeeeeeell ussssssss.

Tally

Are the Duhjari going into the game? I kept them out of the wiki and only refer to them in my own posts, so they don't technically exist or anything. xD

Anonymous

They could! I mean if you want them in right? Or just even putting some background information on them would work wouldn't it?

Rhindeer

Quote from: "Talyafera"Are the Duhjari going into the game? I kept them out of the wiki and only refer to them in my own posts, so they don't technically exist or anything. xD
I was under the impression they were...they were in the wiki for a while and you connected them to Adela. O_o They were there long enough for people to notice and wanna know about them!

And um, I think they kinda need to be mentioned in the game. They're part of Adela (or were, in the wiki for a while--again long enough for people to notice). So we kinda need stuff on them, especially since you mentioned them as noticeable enough that they raid parts of Adela and Adelans discriminate against them. xD So they ARE in the game...because no one plays in a bubble, not if we want a world that actually functions as a whole instead of a buncha disconnected stuff of "oh, I can mention raids on a canon nation in my post but it won't actually exist outside my post", y'know? xD Less sandbox, more unification.

And I thought they were a great idea, liked them, and wanted to know more about them. :3 Weren't they connected to the tribes the Serenians mixed with to make Adelans?

Tally

The people of the Serha Plains do raid on Adelan villages, but when I mention it in the wiki I just call them the people of the plains. :3 So the Duhjari specifically don't have to be there. It could be any race of people that anyone wants to put there and give a name to. xD

Rhindeer

Well, what I'm saying is you can't have a separate history/reality from the rest of the world! xD You've already introduced Duhjari to plots and that they are one tribe in specific that raids Adelan villages, so they exist!

But I'm taking it by "People of the Plains" there are multiple tribes?

I still think it'd be a good idea to write up the Dujari, though. x3 Aren't they one of the tribes Adela is descended from?

And let's see, by a tribal system of government thing, do you mean more or less like Serendipity's provinces, or more like powerful tribes that control portions of land and the borders are always changing via territory disputes and fights and tribes can sometimes take over another, etc? I know Adela's more war-like, so it'd be cool to see more actual fighting and aggression there! ^^

Anonymous

So, they're plains native-type things! 8D I imagine they have kickass horses. o_o OoOo. Probably reflective of Native American type stuff, yes yes?

I'm going to assume that the Duhjari are just a small tribe type thing? Like the Haida, Mohawk, Apache and those guys?

As a whole the Plains People are the ones that had bebehs with Serenians and made little Adelans?

and the Duhjari is just a tribe of them!

Yes yes?

Tally

What I meant was, the extent to which they are a factor in the setting has never been set in stone. I mention them in passing sometimes to provide some context in posts, but they could be anything from a minor annoyance that only needs one or two lines of explanation, to a larger and fully fleshed out playable race.

Basically, I just kept them vague until we all figured out how significant we needed them to be. >_</)

And aside from them being nomadic and having little to no permanent settlements, and horses being important to their culture, their development is all up in the air.

Rhindeer

Ohhhh, see, that makes more sense. How you worded it before made me go "wut O_o". xD

But you didn't answer me and Draco's other questions! D8

QuoteAre there multiple tribes?

QuoteAren't they [the Duhjari] one of the tribes Adela is descended from?

QuoteAnd let's see, by a tribal system of government thing, do you mean more or less like Serendipity's provinces, or more like powerful tribes that control portions of land and the borders are always changing via territory disputes and fights and tribes can sometimes take over another, etc? I know Adela's more war-like, so it'd be cool to see more actual fighting and aggression there! ^^
But maybe I should put that one ^ in its own discussion topic..

ANYWAY! Were they also misogynistic? I remember you mentioning that and I like that aspect of them. We don't have enough misogynistic cultures. xD

And I think they should be rather significant and play a role in Adela and SotE's world, because I personally think they'd be fun, and offer a little extra conflict to Adela. Even if they are only viewed as a small pest, it still creates conflict--and I assume it's a bigger problem in smaller villages. But I also like the added social conflict, because really...all the nations are pretty danged accepting. It's neat to actually see some shunning going on.

Tally

Quote from: "Rhi-Rhi"
QuoteAre there multiple tribes?

QuoteAren't they [the Duhjari] one of the tribes Adela is descended from?

QuoteAnd let's see, by a tribal system of government thing, do you mean more or less like Serendipity's provinces, or more like powerful tribes that control portions of land and the borders are always changing via territory disputes and fights and tribes can sometimes take over another, etc? I know Adela's more war-like, so it'd be cool to see more actual fighting and aggression there! ^^
But maybe I should put that one ^ in its own discussion topic..

ANYWAY! Were they also misogynistic? I remember you mentioning that and I like that aspect of them. We don't have enough misogynistic cultures. xD

Well wouldn't the first three be something for everybody to determine together through brainstorming? x3

I like the misogynistic angle too, with women being viewed more as property or something.

Rhindeer

Well! 8D I vote Adela came from Serenians + Duhjari.

Makes sense to me. xD And since the plains are big, I'd say it'd make sense for there to be multiple tribes, though perhaps they are the dominant one--or one of the dominant ones.

And I also support the misogynistic angle of women as property. x3 Is Adela going to have some of that latent misogyny? I think it would be neat. Wouldn't have to be as extreme or anything, but even an undertone would be cool, or it could be even worse the further from the capital you get. *throwing out ideas!*

Tally

Duhjari could be the encompassing term for them all, and individual tribes or hordes could have their own family/clan names? And outsiders could just refer to them all as Duhjari? (mostly to avoid a pile up of Random Fantasy Letterjumble Names)

Adela always seemed to me to be the most likely candidate for a a-woman's-place-is-in-the-home kind of mentality. Not just women, but that everyone has their suitable place and you don't mess with the status quo. Since Adela does seem to value tradition so much.

Rhindeer

That works for me! :3 So the collective term is Duhjari. I like it! It could even translate to "plains people" or "horse people" or "horse lords" or something. xD Do the different tribes get along, or are there power struggles there? Or are they all sorta one people but just divided into their family/clan groups but are still ultimately united?

And I agree! TRADITION! >_</) I like that mentality, that everyone has their place and role. I did always love that 'stuck in their ways'-ness about them. <3

Anonymous

If we want to avoid stereotypical things Rhi, we should avoid calling them horse lords. I've read a few different fantasy books where they're all "They're such and such, or the horse lords in our tongue" so we should probably not call them horse lords. Especially if we want to stop people from going all "OH SO THEY'RE LIKE HERP DE DURP THEN CAUSE OF THEIR NAME RIGHT? DURR DURR" and the scenario in my head gets out of hand so I'll stop there.

Anonymous

I would love to see some horse people that had some blend of Native American and the horse tribe people in the Middle East. Get some awesome mashup in there xD So it's not just another Native American themed nomadic planes people. Taking some elements of multiple cultures could be really cool.

I would also really like to see some bright colors and patterns on their clothes. So that the Adela clothing styles Lizzy and I came up with can still work xD

Anonymous

Well, if they're living on the plains and stuff, all out in the open and exposed, they wouldn't wear bright colours, especially if they're still tribal (Being plains people) they wouldn't be all "Hey, you know what is great to wear with all this green and brown around us?" "Purple, bright red, pink, maybe a splash of blue, and white?" "YES. That is what we should wear." Though, it all depends on what sorta...system of they have going. If they're all nomadic and stuff, or have like...the Mongols with some sort of Semi-Permenant residence thing going on. Still, bright colours might be a bad idea of they want to be all unnoticed and not targets, but that could always be their hunting gear.

Also. facepaint. >_> I love the idea of facepaint.