Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Adelan government

Started by Rhindeer, August 07, 2010, 09:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Giving it its own topic! XD

WHAT WAS SAID THUS FAR!

Quote from: "Talyafera"Tribes! Adela's government or something can be based on tribes! >_</)

Quote from: "Rhi-Rhi"And let's see, by a tribal system of government thing, do you mean more or less like Serendipity's provinces, or more like powerful tribes that control portions of land and the borders are always changing via territory disputes and fights and tribes can sometimes take over another, etc? I know Adela's more war-like, so it'd be cool to see more actual fighting and aggression there! ^^

DISCUSS!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I personally would adore the idea of if things were sort of run in both directions. Like you've got one powerful clan being all up there in charge, and the other tribe leaders have to listen to him, but only out of his sheer strength and power. Then you could have the other tribes in their own little areas, maybe paying tribute or taxes, but you've got the Land King being the one in charge, and he can call upon the Clan Leaders for special things like "Oh hey, we're being invaded by these bitches, should we do something?" or "You with the land near Serendipity, caravans on route to me are being raided, do I have to choke the snap out of you right here? Because I will."  I

t's a very rudimentary style of government, but for the most part it works. There should also be a set sort of...when they meet. Like every other full moon or something like that, they have to all go to the Land King's territory. It adds a certain element to the government in my opinion, opting for cool conflicts and back stabbing ways. You know, three of the weaker clans work together to become a strong clan and try to take out one of the bully clans, or attacks happen on the Land King so that they can kill him, absorb his clan and land, become the Land King.

Anonymous

I feel that Shizzy's idea could be cool, but I think it needs to be a little more refined? Adela is supposed to be a major, civilization nation and I think being too broken down would seem weird.

I think the King should have a little more control and sway, give the nation a slightly more united feel, but maybe there is a counsel of clan leaders that work just under the king? Make for some interesting political stuff maybe? I donno xD Just throwing some ideas around.

Anonymous

That's sorta what I meant yeah, like maybe at one point, that's what it was, and it sorta has developed from there, but there's that underlying old fashioned Clan tone to it.

Anonymous

I like that 8D That it was like that and has evolved into something reminiscent of that, but with a stronger feel to it. Well, a more defined, unified nation rather than collection of clans feel. And there can still be rivalries and bonds and stuff that date all the way back to when they were individual clans

Anonymous

Ja ja, where it's not just a bunch of tribes, but an actual nation and stuff like that. I think that works out to be pretty darn good.