Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Adelan Gender

Started by Rhindeer, August 20, 2010, 01:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Quote3. Gender
Adela is a society based off of merit. As such, the genders are considered equal.
From the current write-up.

DISCUSS! xD Are they cool with transgenderism? Cross-dressing? Etc.

Personally, I'd like to see some "traditional" views. Adela feels patriarchal to me, and I see them being less tolerant of the above things. x3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

So! Patriarchal society? Kinda misogynistic? Was that what we were learning toward? I know Tal mentioned something about that? And about everyone having their place in society, which is sorta where that idea stems from (men have their place, and women have theirs).

>_> But I can't brainstorm this alone, guys. Input, plz.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I don't think it really makes as much sense for them to be totally gender equal. Personally. I would rather see patriarchal

Goldie

I definitely agree, patriarchal and probably a bit misogynistic to be honest. I can see Akkiel appointing Tarlaka as a big deal, like "*gasp* scandalous"

Anonymous

I've noticed players tend to have male soldiers look down on female soldiers and well, males look down on females anyway. And since the players managed to pick that up without it being written down I think it makes sense for Adela to be patriarchal and misogynistic. (: maybe not deep down to the roots but a 'females in high positions is odd.' type thing.

This is going by reading what players have written in their posts, so... Yes =D makes sense to meee.

Anonymous

I think they should have a patriarchal and misogynistic society, but that doesn't mean that some females can't work their way through it. It doesn't have to be crazy ridged, so that it is possible for woman to advance, but they have to be better than their male counterpart to make it that far.

Anonymous

As far as cross dressing and transgender...  Well, in a big warrior man society.
Women dressing up and acting like a man = laughed at.
Man dressing up and acting like a woman = laughed at. And beaten up.

Who would want to be a woman.

Anonymous

Well, a lot of times woman dressing as a man was a bigger deal. Because being a man was better than being a woman. It was like trying to act above your station. Not. Cool.

Men in woman's clothing was funny. Unless he was actually trying to be a lady. Then he was beaten up.

Though not always. Donno how Adela is on all that though xD