Started by Rhindeer, August 14, 2006, 12:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Continued from HERE.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/14/03 12:47 pm)
Reply  Fun, fun, fun... ^^;;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 OOC: Laaadeedaaa! Ah, I love torturing characters... *sadistic*

IC:
Hatame was forced into a cell, one that, the guard pointedly informed him, had wards all about it that made magic ussage impossible.

Yeah, right...like I'd use it, anyway... Hatame thought bitterly. If he tried, it'd hurt like hell or worse! And with the wards...well, he'd be dead for sure!

He plopped down defeatedly on the ground against a wall, yet glowered defiantlyâ€"and tiredlyâ€"up at the guards. This was no fun. He'd have to create his own entertainment...he figured he'd be here for awhile. His hands were still chained behind him, tight and uncomfortable, and he clicked the chains together noisily. "Aren't you forgetting something?" he drawled boredly, clicking the chains pointedly. He was starting to think he was losing circulation in his wrists.

The guard that would serve as an interrogator nodded. "Ah, yes...where is your companion, and who is she?"

Hatame frowned. Couldn't he take a hint? "Dunno and dunno," he answered with a shake of the head, causing the beads in the front part of his hair to clink together.

"Sure you do. Now, what is her name?"

"I'm afraid I never caught it," Hatame answered innocently, shrugging.

"You best confess. We do have other ways of extracting inforâ€"will you stop that clicking already!?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, sir. You just got me so nervous and shaky, you see," Hatame answered dryly.

The guard looked at him oddly. "Right. Well, moving on...who was the man that was killed by you and your companion? The one that was...burned..."

"Another thief, probably," Hatame said with a shrug. He didn't know who the guy was! All he knew was that girl that had gotten him into this was asking him for her sword! Sounded like a thief to him.

"And now, again...who and where is your companion?"

"And now, again...dunno and dunno."

"You know, if you confessed, it could lower your sentence from death in the gallows or on the block to life in prison."

Hatame made a show of gazing around the prison cell for a few moments, at the leaky walls and dirty, hay-covered floors, then smiled sweetly up at the guard. "Now, I'll need a better incentive than that!"

The guard sighed in exasperation. "Have it your way, then. You're taking up valuable space here, anyways. I'll see your wishes are arranged." And, turning, he walked out of the prison.

Hatame frowned, and tugged at the chains on his wrists. He hadn't once offered to take the blasted things off!

How rude!

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/16/03 10:56 am)
Reply  ~Life in the Shadows~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (lol, i love to torture me charries too. and right now i'm bored, so i've come to annoy Sakkata by making her help. *pats disgruntled sakkata*)

why in the hell did she have to feel guilty today? man...what a horrible time for her conscience have to poke its ugly head up. blasting through the terrain in a blur, miles were eaten up in seconds. too bad this technique takes so much energy she mused, loving the feel of going faster then just about anything on earth. she skidded to a hault on feet not human at all, but they soon became human. breathing hard, she leaned back against the wall and rested, keen icey orbs watching the guards and sizing everything up. she sniffed gingerly once she had caught her breath. crap, once inside she could not use much of her magick. great. oh well, certain areas were not guarded with magick preventing wards, so she would be fine for the most part. finally, straightening her vest, she walked up to one of the guards. doing her best to smile sweetely, she stopped before him. "i have some information about that theif you arrested in adela earlier." she said softly, hoping she didn't look as annoyed as she was. the guard hesitated for a moment, then nodded and led her inside. they stopped before a door and the guard motioned for her to stay put, then entered. just as the man was explaining about the woman who had information, Sakkata darted off down the halls. no one noticed her at first, using her great speed to get deeper into the prison. finally, she was too exhausted to use it and stopped, ducking and glancing around as she caught her breath. now she had to rely on stealth. wonderful. ducking and sneaking around the corridors, she managed to make it close to the theif's cell. two guards, and magick blockers. great. allowing her tail to extended from her spine, she waited for a moment to bring the guards down. no use using magick if she could help it. with a sudden burst she lept from her hiding spot, twisting powerfully in the air. her heavy, muscular, very dragon like tail smashed into the guards just as they turned to look. both went down, one dead and the other knocked cold. she snorted and glared down at them, her tail quick to dissapear. "this is pitiful..." she groaned, finally looking at Hatame in his cell.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/16/03 11:42 am)
Reply  Isn't it?
 OOC: Bwahah!

IC:
With a small jolt of surprise, Hatame looked up to see Sakkata, the very one who had caused this whole mess! He hadn't expected to see her again, especially not here, but...her company was so much more enjoyable than those pesky, annoying guards. He grinned casually up at her, looking the very picture of a man at his leisure.

"Isn't it, though?"

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/16/03 1:40 pm)
 he was in prison, but looked to be on vacation. something about it irked the crap right out of her. she grimaced, obviously not happy to be here in the least. her human form was quite on the verge of falling apart, but she had enough left to at least get him out so she could be done with it. glancing around quickly once more, she stepped up to the door and sized it up. "stupid conscience...." she grumbled as she grabbed two of the bars. "lets see if i got anything left." she snorted, smirking. hands tightened around the two parallel bars, bare feet planted firmly on the ground. gritting her teeth, she began to pull. as seemingly possible as it seemed, the bars almost immediatly began to bend with the pressure. brow furrowed in concentration, she continued to pull, the bars creaking and threatening to snap. man, this would be soooo much easier in her true form. but she was unwilling to show that to just anyone. "cripes...just come off already!" she hissed, using up the last of her dwindling strength in this form. finally, the bars gave and simply bust from the door, sending Sakkata to the floor with the sudden lack of resistance. a short, semi soft laugh came from her as she set the twisted metal down. "one of my few klutzy moments..." she mused, standing up and brushing herself off as if pulling thick steel bars from a prison cell was no big deal. "you better be able to fit through that hole." she warned, refusing to pull any more bars open.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/16/03 6:47 pm)
Reply  O_O
 He chuckled at her complaints and comments as she worked and watched her with calm interest. In fact, the whole time he had been here, even after hearing what consequences he could face, death highest among them, he hadn't displayed anything far from total calm. Death didn't frighten him. Not much did anymore. However...what did unnerve him was the prospect of spending a lifetime in a cage. And gryphons had incredibly long lifespans.

In any other circumstance, he would have helped her if he could, but his hands were literally tied and, besides, she had landed him here in the first place. If she wanted to help him, he'd let her have at it!

When the bars burst from the door, Hatame rose clumsily to his feet and studied the hole for a moment, then smiled appreciatively at Sakkata...who was acting so casual about yanking steel bars from a prison door! Well...he'd have plenty of time to muse about who and what she was later, he supposed.

"Hmm...I think I'll manage. Thanks," he said, ducking and, a bit awkwardly, slipping through to the other side. Straightening, he looked to Sakkata and smiled mischievously, tossing his head to throw longs strands of hair back away from his face. "Now, if you really want a clear conscience...would you be so kind as to take these blasted things off?" he asked, tugging at his chained hands.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/16/03 8:28 pm)
 one white brow quirked, she watched him clumsily remove himself from the cage, obviously amused. as said before, being klutzy wasn't something she was used to. but that had only to do with her heritage, which he did not know about yet. her look of amusment quickly vanished at the request, and she rolled her icey orbs and groaned. "dear lord, if you aren't pushing it..." she grumbled, but knew it was her fault he was in here in the first place. she only hoped she could hold togethere till away from him. "if i suddenly look weird, don't freak." she muttered, the stepped behind him. blowing a few loose strands of white hair from her tanned face, she grabbed the manacles. with a small grunt the metal snapped and fell away, her own slender hands dropping what was left. she felt incredibly weak now, her form quickly aging. "great...i'll look like an old hag in no time flat." she muttered, looking at the quickly aging skin on her hands and arms. she then smirked and glanced at the strangely calm one. "now the only problem is getting out of this place." getting in had been easy enough.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/17/03 9:38 am)
Reply  Whew.
 He rubbed at his sore wrists gratefully, and blinked at her changing facade. "Wow...what happened to you? Ah, nevermind. Getting out of here...that's gonna be fun."

He frowned as he absently felt at his waist for his dagger before remembering that he had been thoroughly searched before coming in here, and his dagger had been confiscated. Though much good it'd do against a hoarde of guards! He was just as useful without it.

"Well, how'd you get in here in the first place?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/17/03 10:11 am)
 she smirked at the question, unwilling to answer, and was grateful for his own waving it aside. she didn't feel like trying to explain the dynamics of her transformation. one she would have to get out of soon. but not here, not in front of him. one quickly aging hand resting on the hilt of her beautifully crafted sword, she thought how to answer that question. "lets see...tricked a guard by telling him i had info about you....used my speed to get deeper into the prison....then just snuck around the corridors till my hearing and sense of smell helped me find you." a small frown formed. "but i'm all out of energy, which is why i'm aging." she sighed, shaking her head, feeling the weakness washing over her. this was seriously not her night. finally, icey orbs avert back to him. "got any ideas?"

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/17/03 10:27 am)
Reply  Hmm...
 "Well, sounds like quite the mini-adventure," he commented amusedly at her description of how she made it here. "Now, as for how to get out..." He chewed his bottom lip thoughtfully, and gazed about at the surrounding walls. Shoot. Now the tables seemed to have been turned. She rescued him and was now in a rut with him once more, and now it was his turn to figure out a way to save their skins.

He sighed. The only was he could think of to do so was to use magic or to shift, both of which would be agonizing. Well, he definitely wasn't going to shift in front of her, so that only left one option. He didn't know how thick the walls here were, and using magic on stone and metal would be much more taxing, and lengthy, than using it on flesh. Using it just for a few seconds to take down a few human guards would be horrendous enough. He always avoided using his magic ever since he was punished, but where a second party was involved...well, he'd just have to make the sacrifice if he wanted to get them out of here. He certainly didn't fancy the idea of returning to that cell.

"We'll go out the way we came," he murmered after a moment of thought. "You're out of energy, but I'm not." He began to head in a random direction, then paused. "Erm...which way is the exit, again?"

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/17/03 10:43 am)
she snorted. "yeah, right." more like a pain in the butt. oh well, it was his turn to figure something out now. as he thought, she stared at the dusty ground beneath her bare feet. she began to summon up any energy she might have left. they may need a good energy blast at the very end to get through this. gaze shifted to the aging skin and flesh. soon, this form of hers would deteriorate and leave her in her true form. and to her, it would be very bad if someone was around when that happened. she needed to keep up her disguise, though he probably doubted she was full human now. did he happen to see her tail when she attacked the guards? she hoped not. it would be hard to explain. she glanced up yet again as he spoke. a smirk formed, and a small laugh escaped. despite her old appearance, her voice remained the same young sound. "real smooth..." she muttered, stepping past him and using her sense of smell, hearing and sight to lead the way. at least those didn't change, or she'd really have a hard time of this. her pace was brisk, time being of the essence. "lets see...about ten minutes left...one energy blast to spare..." she thought out loud, obviously doing her own calculations as she walked. this would be tight, she knew. all she needed to do was get out and get to the nearest thickly leaved tree. she could transform in private then. "pick up the pace." she mused, wondering how she still didn't know his name. oh well, it wasn't really important. she didn't mind calling him 'hey you' if she needed to.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/17/03 11:17 am)
Reply  Ouchiee.
 He looked at her curiously. Ten minutes left 'til what? Well, he supposed he'd find out, though he wasn't sure if he wanted to. He hoped she wouldn't croak on him...by the way she seemed to be aging, ot wouldn't surprise him. Though...he didn't quite think that was truly the case. The more he looked at her, it seemed more of an illusion than anything.

"I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying," he muttered after her, quickening his pace so that he was walking beside her. He had been lagging a bit...in truth, he wasn't really looking forward to using magic at all.

Before long, his own heightened sense of smell picked up the all too familiar scent of the guards and, with a soft and almost tragic sigh, he opened himself up and embraced his magic, allowing the cursed stuff to flow into him, ready for use. He stiffened as it struck him, an uncomfortable sensation much like thousands of stinging nettles pricking his skin washing over him, and took a deep breath as the feeling gradually began to increase from a dull sting to a low burn. That was how it always began...

He glanced over at Sakkata, looking to see if she was readyâ€"and hoping she was. The burning would only get worse the longer he held the magic within him...but that wasn't even the worst part of it. Actually using it would be much, much worse. He was eager to get this over with...

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/17/03 5:19 pm)
 her usual malicious smirk fell into place, one he would have seen back at the castle. how she could be so violent and not be classed 'evil' was beyond even her. holding her hands out before her, she summoned her last sparking ball of thunder. "well, this is all i have left." she mused softly, seemingly unafraid or worried in the least. it was her turn to be suspiciously calm. she had already formulated a simple but effective plan. "this thing will explode on impact and zap the crap out of just about anyone or anything within range. and that is a big range. as soon as this thing goes off, i've got five minutes to get back to the small patch of woods nearby. it'll be up to you and whatever you may have to get us through that door. got it? good." she did not give him time to agree or disagree. she stepped ahead of him, quickening her pace yet again. coming out of the hall and into the main thong of guards she grinned, malice in her icey orbs. the guards turned only to meet their fate. the door to the outside was close, but these men in armor blocked the path. not for long. "her goes nothing!" she threw the sparking yellow orb straight into the mass of them as they rushed her. as said, the orb blasted on contact and, as said as well, electricuted them all to hell and back. it was a pretty impressive light show. "MOVE!" she demanded of Hatame, feeling this form fading even faster now that she had used the last of her energy.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/20/03 2:00 pm)
Reply  .
 OOC: I'm so bad...sorry for not posting! ^^;;

IC:

He rushed after her and then past her, so she wouldn't be in his way when he used magic. He could see the door before them was bolted shut, as a precaution, and with a sigh, drew Black Magic into him, and the released it in a powerful blast at the door.

The door shattered, and pain tore through his body, making him stumble and taking his breath away. But he did his best to ignore it, and focused on getting the two of them out. He could collapse later.

"Come on!" he called thickly behind him, grimacing. Damn, Was that blood he tasted? The curse really was intesifying...

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/20/03 2:39 pm)
 this form was on the verge of disinigrating! curse it, she may have less time then she originally thought. icey orbs watched Hatame, the blast from the door nearly deafening to her sharp hearing. she watched him stumble, and one eyebrow raised even as she was running over the fried bodies. "magick doesn't agree with you, eh?" she mused, nearly drop-kicking him out the door. then she was off, a streak against the earth around her. heading straight for the largest, most heaviest leaved tree she could find. she was up it in no time flat, her need to get out of sight obvious. the leaves rustled and swayed as she climbed, now hidden by their shadows. she allowed the form to disolve, leaving her true. but he could not see her. at least, he hoped he couldn't. for some reason, secrecy about her species was very important to her. "you alright?" she called from her perch, wondering why magick had such a negative affect on him.

*no prob!*

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/20/03 3:07 pm)
Reply  Yeah...
 He made his way awkwardly to the clump of trees Sakkata had shot towards, and promptly collapsed against the base of one once he made sure he was out of sight. Pain raged through his body like liquid fire, touching every nerve, and his breath came in short gasps when he wasn't coughing. Yet gradually, blessedly, the pain began to die down...though blood continued to fill his mouth for a few minutes longer, which he promptly spat into the bushes.

Eventually, it stopped, until all the lingered was the bittersweet taste of bloodâ€"an ominous reminder of what would happen, and would only worsen, the more he touched magic.

He took a deep breath, resting limply against the tree, trying to catch his breath. "I'm fine now..." he said tiredly. The attacks always left him feeling weak and drained. "Ugh...remind me never to do that again..."

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/21/03 3:18 pm)
 still sensitive nose picked up the pungent smell of blood. a scent she knew well, unfortunatly. brow furrowed slightly as she listened to him cought and weeze below her. "damn, magick really doesn't agree with you." even with the harsh words she usually sported, she couldn't help but worry alittle. sounded painful, as far as she could tell. oh well, she had gone through her fair share of pain. a small chuckle escaped at his comment, her head shaking. "i'll try to remind you." she mused, some of her usual sarcasim back. thick, muscular tail curled tighter around the branch she was currently sitting on. "um, just give me a few minutes and i'll be back down." she had to give her ability to shape shift a bit of a rest and pool together some extra energy to store in the form. "so, how was prison?" she asked, smirking though he couldn't see it.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/22/03 10:24 pm)
Reply  Ahahah!
 Hatame chuckled lightly, then winced; though the pain was gone, his body was still sore and weak from the attack, much like it was after recovering from a severe cold or flu. He brushed long white bangs from his eyes, a startling contrast against the rest of his black hair, and grinned weakly.

"It was my first time there, and my last time if I can help it. I don't do well in a cage. Though...the company was slightly amusing, if lacking."

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/23/03 10:19 am)
 she snorted, obviously covering a laugh. "oh really?" she pretty much hated guards, simply because most of her work involved getting past them or killing them. then again, she mused softly, he had no idea what her 'work' was. she shook her head, still summing up energy for her next transformation. "i hate cages too. actually, i hate anything involving the justice system at all." she clicked her nails on the bark, feet dangling lazily. "hmm, think i'm about ready." she announced, and began to shift. a small flicker of light could be seen in the upper branches, and that was all it took. she gracefully lept from her branch and fell, all the way down to where Hatame sat. she landed easily, bending her knees slightly to absorb some of the shock. she looked as she had before, a young human. she flopped down next to him, sitting indian style on the earth. "how ya doing?" she asked, reffering to the pain he had been previously suffering through.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/23/03 11:25 pm)
Reply  Better, better...
 He looked up to the trees as she announced she was nearly done, and in doing so, was given a small show as she leaped from the branches and down to him. She did it so easily. By now, he knew for sure she was no human, so this came as no shock...though the first time she had leaped through the castle window had.

"Much better now," he answered, stretching his legs out in front of him, and frowning slightly as he sighted a spot of blood on his shirt. He shook his head. "Luckily, this whole thing is not a normal occurance, and is merely magic induced." He grinned ruefully. "The product of my own stupidity, if you will."

Normally, Hatame was not so friendly. He had a cruel streak within him, a streak that was usally common-place with him...which had long since gotten him labeled as a thief and killer. But for some reason, he felt...on a level with this...woman. Which reminded him... "Heh, I just realized I have no idea what your name is. Mine's Hatame."

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/24/03 9:56 am)
 she nodded at his admitance that he was better, the smell of blood fading from her nose. that was good, she needed a break from that smell for awhile. she snorted and laughed at his stupidity remark. "i'm still alittle surprised you can't use magick without that happening." she mused, poking absently at the grass with one nail. Sakkata herself usually didn't talk too much to people either, but that had nothing to do with personality. when you did what she did, talking to people could be dangerous. she was actually a rather, er, 'friendly' person. 'friendly' meaning she liked to interact. most people thought her personality alittle sadistic and scary at times. oh well, no helping that. she quirked a white brow at him, then smirked. "Sakkata." she said simply, giving a slight nod of the head. eh, couldn't shake some habits. "so, are you just more a common theif or was there something specific in there you wanted?" she asked, now tapping the silver case of her sword. it was already well know what she was trying to get when she was in the bedroom, and she ended up getting it. this sword was very important to her, it was obvious.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/26/03 11:36 am)
Reply  Well...
 "Just a common thief, I suppose. It's not really a job, though...more like a hobby." He grinned, then nodded to the sword case she was toying with.

"What about you? You seemed really gung-ho to get that thing," he commented inquisitievly.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

Author  Comment  
Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/26/03 2:55 pm)
 (i went and looked at Hatame's piccie. he's a cutie! *pat-pats evil gyphon boi*)

a common theif. thats what she had figured. if that was his hobby...what in the hell was his occupation?? a stark laugh came forth. "gung-ho?" she repeated with a snigger, shaking her head. "haven't heard that one before." she easily slid her stirling silver sword from its scabbard and laid it across her lap. "um....kinda hard to explain really. this sword always comes to the 'One With Power', and is theirs to protect and use until another One With Power is born. at which point they must seek out and find this new heir and pass the sword along. strange tradition to an even stranger people i suppose." she answered with a lopsided grin, brushing some of her white hair from her face. she really wasn't sure if she wanted to ever get into the story of her 'people'. it wasn't exactly a happy story.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/26/03 3:06 pm)
Reply  Hee!
 OOC: Aiee! I loathe that piccie! I've drawn some waaaaay better pics of him recently, but my scanner's not cooperating. *sniffle* But ay! That pic gives me nightmares! All...deformed-ish. O_o; But! *cough* Anyhoo! Glad you at least liked it! ^_~

IC:

Hatame nodded, listening to her explanation. So that's why it was so important... "So, then you must be the current 'One With Power', eh?" he mused. "What exactly does that mean? Aside from getting a pretty hunk of steel." He paused a moment, then shook his head. "I'm asking too many questions, no?"

He absently fiddled with one of his beaded and wrapped locks of hair, tightening the cloth wrap. It had started to feel loose. "A strange people, hmm? Well, you're not quite alone in that, though in my case that depends on what your definition of the word 'people' is."

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/26/03 7:10 pm)
 (lol. i noticed his shoulder was really weird looking. i'll have to take a look at the new piccies once your scanner stops being a butt  )

she chuckled. "naw. i don't mind answering questions. truth be told, i haven't had a decent conversation with someone in a long time." her gaze shifted to her sword before a single slender hand replaced it to its scabbard. "to answer your questions, yes, i am the current One of Power. and get this. the only way one can be a power holder is to be born with completely white hair." she smirked, finding the whole thing rather ridiculous. "pretty dumb, huh? well, besides the 'pretty hunk of steel' as you put it, i can shapeshift, accelerate to amazing speeds for short bursts, and my magickal powers are much stronger then one without white hair. of course, those of my species will sometimes get streaks of white in their hair as they grow in magickal prowess." she gave a light shrug. a slight shift for comfort was made as she listened to his next statement, her usual smirk falling into place. "this is true. i mean 'people' as in my species. i'm sure we're not the strangest. i have seen some weird crap in my travels." she gave a sage nod before proceeding to pull on the beaded strand of hair next to her ear. the little stone objects rolled and shifted lightly between the gentle pressure of her fingers. "well, i've told you a bit about myself. mind telling me about you now?"

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/29/03 1:35 pm)
Reply  Gryphons...
 "Ahh, so the more white hair you have, the more power you have as well. Interesting." He grinned to himself, glad that wasn't true for his species! If it was...his clan would have long ago been overthrown by the White Gryphons! He absently fingered the locks of hair in the front that were oddly white. He had always been unique for that among his kind; no other Black Gryphons that he knew of had white in their fur...and this uniqueness also had caused problems....

"Me? Well...let's see...I'm not really a human; I'm just able to take of this form. I'm truly a Gryphon, a Black Gryphon. Where I come from, there are two main Gryphon clans, and the White Gryphons are the other clan. We've been fueding for as far back as anyone can remember...and no one remembers why." He chuckled softly. "Although, even with that, the fighting can never stop. If the two clans were to unite...it would mean disaster for everyone. Defiant members from each clan have partnered up before, and even had children together, but they were all killed. If their youngâ€"Silver Gryphonsâ€"were to live, they'd destroy everything, or so the prophecies say, yadda yadda. And that's that."

He told the story a bit blandly. Of course, he believed it, but he didn't like it, especially not the Silver Gryphon thing. That legend was what had caused him problems in the past. His white streaks had made others suspect him of having White Gryphon blood somewhere in his family tree. Which would thus mean he had Silver Gryphon blood somewhere in his lineage. Obviously, if that were true, the blood was worn so thin by time that all that showed was a few streaks of white. But it wasn't true. Hatame didn't believe it was.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/29/03 6:27 pm)
 she leaned foreward, further and further till her chest litterally touched her legs, which were still pulled in indian style. she easily craned her head up a bit to keep his face in view, apparently finding this weird position comfortable. she listened intently, half smirk evident though she found all of it interesting. a black gryphon? ah, heh, so he wasn't human after all. she still had yet to tell what species she was or what her past entailed. "wow. sounds pretty damn neat." she commented, staying in her weird contorted position for a bit longer. she frowned lightly, both white brows pulling together slightly. "erm...hmm." she chewed on her bottom lip for a second then sighed. "ah what the hell, you've probably never heard of em anyway." she muttered, sitting up. "well, i shouldn't even being saying anything, but i'm a Drygan." she chuckled. "hope no other Drygan's heard me tell you that or i'll be dead in a flash."

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/30/03 9:35 pm)
Reply  Drygan?
 He tilted his head to the side a little, taken aback though it didn't show. "Drygan, eh? I knew you couldn't be human, but...what's that? And why would others of your kind kill you for speaking of it?" he asked. "Especially if you're the One With Power." It perplexed him. Why should she fear speaking of her own race?

"If you're not supposed to say anything, maybe you shouldn't..." he cautioned after a moment, glancing about. Now that she had hinted at her race, one he had never heard of before, he was itching with curiosity, and he partially regretted speaking those words. He doubted any others of her kind would be here, after all! But, on the other hand...he rather enjoyed her company, and if she was killed on his part...well, that wouldn't be good.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/30/03 9:45 pm)
 she sighed and stared hard at the leaves overhead. she shouldn't really be saying anything. Drygans were extremely few in number and liked their privacy. they preferred it if people didn't even know they existed. and many people didn't. she chuckled and shook her head, letting her gaze drift back to him. "eh, i shouldn't. my kind seem to like their privacy." she was still struggling with whether or not she wanted to explain anything to him. better not to tell him much of anything. she figured he was probably pretty curious, as he had never heard of her race before. "well, a Drygan is kinda like...a mix between a dragon and a human. er, more or less." she rubbed the back of her head, both eyebrows drawn together. "i don't really think i can tell you more then that. i've already told you too much already, with the whole 'One of Power' thing and all." yeah, way too much. but what the hell, not like many Drygan would be hanging around a prison anyway.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/30/03 10:02 pm)
Reply  Ohhh!
 OOC: Yee...such scary noises there are here tonight! Hunting/prey animals screeching... O_O Kinda unnerving when you're the only one up in the house, eheh!

IC:

"Well, that explains it," he murmered musingly. "I thought I had seen a tail on you back there in the prison, but thought it was just a trick of my eyes in the poor lighting. Maybe it was. But that would explain the tail..." He grinned suddenly, and chuckled softly. "You know, back in my world, dragons are a thing to be feared and not to be triffled with. Many a gryphon has been claimed by the dragons of our world. We're as natural of enemies as we are enemies of the opposing Clan, though we don't go out of our way to tangle with dragons as we do the other Clan. You're nothing like our dragons, for which I am very thankful. I'm speaking attitude-wise. I know good and well you could out-do me in any physical match, I'm sure."

His voice was amused. The fact that she was part dragon didn't seem to bother him; he already had a good idea of what her nature was, after all.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(8/31/03 6:50 pm)
 she grinned sheepishly and stuck out her toungue. "yeah, heh, that would've been a tail." hey, the thing came in handy quite often. she tilted her head to the side and listened to his little explination about dragons. she laughed and shook her head, white braid shifting alittle. "i do still retain my dragon strength. but naw, i wouldn't kill a gryphon. i honestly didn't know the two species hated each other so much in the first place." a shrug lifted her slender shoulders before she flopped onto her back and crossed her legs at the ankles. she tugged at the bottom of her vest, her other hand next to her head. "one thing though, i wish i could fly. Drygans don't have wings. what a drag. couldn't we have inherited those too?" she grumbled, smirking mildly. that was one thing she could envy Hatame for; the fact he could fly in his gryphon form. man, she was missing her true form righ now. how long had she pretended to be human? way too long to count, that was for sure. "so, any particular reason you can't use magick without nearly collapsing and coughing up blood?" she asked, her face still towards the lights filtering the light.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(8/31/03 8:06 pm)
Reply  Envy.
 He smiled ruefully, sharing her disappointment in not being able to fly. He could fly, of course, when he was in his true form. But...he could shift back no easier than he could weild magic, and with the same, if not worse, consequences...

"Oh, that. Heh...as I said, it's pretty much the product of my own stupidity..." He chewed his bottom lip thoughtfully for a moment. Ah, hell, why not tell her? She'd told him plenty about herself, and at great risk, and it was only natural she'd wonder why he keeled over every time he touched magic. Besides, it wasn't like he would lose anything telling her; he had no more to lose as it was. At least, nothing he'd lament losing.

"Erm...well...let's see. It wasn't always like that...years back, I could weild magic painlessly. Now, if I so much as touch it...well, you saw what happens. I can't even shift into my real form without that happening. It's my...punishment. You see...there are basically two different types of magic weilders. Normal Gryphons can use one type of magic, Black or White magic depending on their Clanâ€"aside from shifting and binding, which I won't get into nowâ€"and then there are Sorcerers, who can use their Clan's magic and elemental magic. Sorcerers are really rare, and they get special treatmentâ€"they get to live in the Palace and all that, but that's because they're viewed as, and used as, a weapon. Heh, I was one of those lucky Gryphons." The sarcasm was apparent in his voice.

"But, after a while, other, probably envious Gryphons suddenly decided to notice the white streaks in my hair, which no other Black Gryphons known have. So, they started suspecting I had White Gryphon blood somewhere in my heritage, which would thus mean I had Silver Gryphon blood in meâ€"which isn't true...I don't think. And since Silver Gryphons are things to be despised and killed...and since Silver Gryphons are more powerful than normal Gryphons, and since I had all that magic...it only heightened suspicions. So, of course, I was soon up for the chopping block, and naturally I resisted, did a lot of damage...eheh. Basically, I made the already bad situation worse.

"Sadistic as some of our Leaders and their Elders can be at times, they decided that, when they finally caught me, that instead of killing me quickly, they'd do...this...to me. It's a more painful punishment, after all. But...it doesn't just affect me when I use magic or try and shift. Doing that just makes it way worse, and every time I touch magic or whatever, it increases in intensity every time.

"But as for the pain...I actually feel it all the time. It's constant, and increases daily. So far, it's bearable, but eventually it'll kill me." He suddenly grinned. "Which is why I live the careless lifestyle I do. Gotta enjoy it while I can and break every rule known to man while I've the chance, even if it's virtually a suicidal quest. I've nothing to lose."

OOC: Whoa...and now I have LPS! O_O

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/1/03 2:18 pm)
 (lol.  )

both shaped eyebrows pulled together as she listened, carefully noting all the undertones in his voice. interesting way for a clan to run. she was a loner, as were the rest of her kind, so weird things like customs and punishments didn't pop up very often. she laughed softly at his ending comment, but had been completely silent during his speach. and now she slipped back into that brooding silence yet again. far off she could hear the guards recooping and getting ready to search for them. "hmm...." finally she sat up, tucking her bare feet under her. "i don't think there are words to describe how badly that has to suck." she muttered, shaking her head. "i hate curses...." the words came out on a sigh, brow still pulled together thoughtfully. eyes of ice slowly sweep the terrain, seeing more then any human ever could. "but then again, i live in a world of curses, as do all Drygan. but lets not get into that." she gave a sharp shake of the head and stood, brushing her white pants off and glancing over her shoulder. "eh, the bastards are officially looking for us. might be a good time to find another place to 'chat'." she smirked, and glanced down at him, now knowing more about him then she did anyone else.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/5/03 9:26 pm)
Reply   Let's make like a banana and split!
OOC: Whoa, was I a slow-poke! SORRY! ^^;; School ish evil.

IC:

He winced a little at her comment about living in a world of curses. Geez...his world, the Realm, was more like a world of punishment, consequence, and superstition...and he couldn't decide which was worse, that or a world of curses. Not that he really wanted to know...

"Yeah, you're right," he said, following her gaze. The attack after using magic had really thrown his senses out of whack; normally, he would have already been able to hear, smell, and see the searching guards, but he was still recovering, and still felt achy. Or maybe the achiness wasn't just an after-effect, but a sign that the ever-present pain had decided to increase by a few increments.

"Well, we bet get outta here, then." He got to his feet slowly, a bit shakily. Ugh, maybe he still hadn't revovered all the way. He hoped that was what it was.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/6/03 10:46 am)
 her brow pulled together as she watched him rise, shakily, to his feet. "you sure you're feeling better?" she asked, one hand resting on the hilt of her sword. if worst came to worst, they could stay and she would fight the guards if and when they found them. she had no problems killing a few more guards before the day was over. her still sensitive ears were carefully tracking the foot steps of the soldiers while her eyes were watching Hatame.

(no problem!)

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/8/03 10:09 am)
Reply  I'm fine, really I am! *DIES!*
 "Oh, yeah, it's no problem," he insisted, getting his bearings straight. He noticed the way her hand was resting on the hilt of her sword, and glanced at her. She was really planning on taking them all if he wavered, wasn't she? But she had just recovered herself...he didn't quite know how long her disguise lasted, but it didn't seem to last very long when she exerted herself.

"That won't be necessaryâ€"unless you wanna have at it," he said with a grin, then glanced away, carefully formulating an escape route. "Whenever you're ready, we should make a beeline through the woods. We can loose 'em through there, and there's a village on the other side," he suggested.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/8/03 2:54 pm)
 she could only arch one snowy white eyebrow at him, for only his word was given that he was truely ok. she'd just have to believe him...and hope he didn't just keel over while trying to run away. she only blinked a few times at the sudden remark before laughing, realising he had noticed her readiness to fight. the loud sound had probably given them away, but she wasn't very cautious if she could help it. "hey, what can i say? i'm a very violent woman." she responded with a smirk, letting her hand drop from the 'pretty hunk of metal'. a small nod was given to his plan, ears picking up the thudding of running feet. "well, i'm ready." she announced before crouching slightly and shooting upwards, landing easily on a branch. she gracefully launched herself from that branch and continued, going from branch to branch at an incredible pace. she kept an ear out for Hatame, just in case.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/9/03 8:18 pm)
Reply   Cheater!
 Hatame watched her launch up into the branches, and watched in wide-eyed awe as she navigated effortlessly from tree to tree. He scoffed softly, "Cheater!" before taking off after her, though at a slower pace. He still felt woozy, but it was nothing he couldn't endure.

Ah, but he wished he could shift...this would be so much easier...in his true form, he could glide right over the trees and save more than half the time it would take to maneuver around and over rotting logs and thick foilage. A lot less tiring, too, even in a weakened state. With wings, he could simply ride the thermals...no effort involved...

He missed that more than anything...

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/9/03 8:30 pm)
Reply   ~Life in the Shadows~
 her laughter floated back to him, indicating that she had indeed heard the little cheater remark. ah, the wonders of her hearing. she continued along at her pace, still human shaped feet not all that great for gripping branches. but they were a bit smaller and more agile, so she oppted not to shift her feet alittle to giver her claws. a tail would be nice though...better balance and manueverability. she glanced over her shoulder and, realising she couldn't see Hatame anymore, slowed to a stop. standing high on her branch, arms crossed, she looked like some sort of sentry of the forest. calmly she waited for some sight of him, to make sure those stupid guards hadn't gotten ahold of mister gryphon boy.

(*tries to decide if she should start another battle...just for the heck of it*)

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/10/03 8:28 pm)
Reply   *huff huff wheeze pant*
 OOC: LOL! Go for it! ^_~

IC:

Finally, Hatame caught up with her, and stopped beneath the tree she perched in to lean against it and catch his breath. Normally, he had a naturaly high endurance level, but since his attack, he felt all out of shape. Brushing hair from his face, he looked up at her, and smirked at her sentry-like stance...then winced slightly as his sensitive ears picked up on the distant sounds of pursuit.

"...They just don't give up, do they?" he muttered, straightening and readying himself for flight again.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/10/03 8:36 pm)
 (lol. alrighty then! *ace ventura style*)

she let her blizzard gaze follow his treck to the base of 'her' tree, smirk slowly creeping into place. "well, took ya long enough." she called down to him with a laugh, though she knew why Hatame was having so many problems. man curses stunk. a small grin was issued at his remark, arms still crossed. "no, apparently the don..." how could she have missed it!!??

the arrow slammed into her chest, causing her to loose all balance and simply tumble through the air. "i didn't sense it!" she cried in disbelief before hitting the ground with a sickening thud and rolling, coming to stop on her back. the arrow still stuck akwardly from her chest, her simple vest providing no protection. crimson blood began to flow out of the wound, staining her clothing red. but she retained her human form, with more then alittle effort, showing her to be still alive.

Small Wonder
Bishounen Hunter
(9/11/03 10:55 am)
  O_O Whoa
 Hatame gasped aloud in surprise as the arrow struck Sakkata's chest, sending her tumbling to the ground. It seemed almost unreal...Sakkata was the last person he expected to see injured, or...

He rushed in the direction he had seen her fall, and nearly tripped over her form as he came across her. A grimace painted his face as he stooped down next to her, but that changed to, oddly, relief when he saw she was alive. Which was a wonder! An arrow to the chest, in most cases, meant instant death. Hopefully it hadn't struck anything vital...by it's position, it looked like it just missed her heart...

But gods, it was a wonder that the fall alone didn't kill her! She could have easily cracked her head on a rock or broken her neck! Luck really must have been on her side in that instant...

Sounds of shouts and people crashing through the foilage pricked his ears, and he grimaced again. He couldn't expect Sakkata to be able to walk in this conditionâ€"he didn't even know if she was conscious. And he knew better than to remove an arrow, especially since he knew nothing of healing or tending to wounds. If the arrow had struck a major vessel, then removing it at this point would do more harm than good...they'd need a healer for this.

And all that left only one option. He'd have to carry her, and hope she didn't kill him for it. And hope he could get to safety quickly without keeling over himself.

Carefully, so as not to aggitate the wound too much, he lifted her up in his arms and, a little awkwardly, started away from the voices...
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/11/03 3:00 pm)
 she stirred weakly on the earth, trying to get her body to cooperate with her commands to sit up. stupid! stupid stupid stupid!!! how could she have let her guard down!? ugh! she simply couldn't believe it....damn!!!

she grimaced lightly as she felt herself gently picked up, dispelling any fears it was the guards coming to collect their prey. oo, not a good word, prey. "alright..." she managed, eyes still squinched shut. "this is the ONLY time i'm ever letting a guy carry me anywhere." she muttered, finishing the sarcastic comment. ah, she couldn't help it. one thing about Sakkata, she was almost never serious. ever. but it was scary as hell when she did cut the crap.

her still very sensitive hearing picked up the sound of running. they had known she was hit, and they were gaining on them. "damn...put me down. they..." she coughed up some blood, a huge blast of pain rippling through her chest with the sudden movement. a small his was given. "they're gaining on us." she managed to finish, a small trickle of blood traling from the corner of her mouth. she creaked open one eye and glared up at him, making her statement final.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/16/03 12:35 pm)
Reply  'Kay?
 Hatame chuckled softly at her comment. "Good, don't get too used to it...this is the last time I'm carrying a girl anywhere." He was glad to see she still had her wits about her. Hopefully, that meant she wasn't too bad off...though Hatame knew little about arrow wounds.

He hesitated for a moment when she ordered him to put her down. Put her down...so she could do what? Surely she wasn't thinking magic! She couldn't have enough energy to do anything like that after this...could she?

But her dangerous glare made him dispell thoughts of disobeying, and he carefully lowered her to her feet, though he stayed near so she could use him as support. The sounds of quick footsteps and rustling bushes were growing nearer...

He looked at Sakkata a bit nervouslyâ€"which, for him, was quite out of character; he was rarely ever anything but calm! He could use his magic, too, but...then he'd be immobile for quite a while after that, since he was still recovering from his last attack. And that wouldn't be good, since it was now kinda his responsibility to get them both to safety, with Sakkata wounded...

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/16/03 1:19 pm)
 boy, she couldn't tell him just how glad she was he had listened. some people just couldn't help but be stubborn and heroric! now on her feet, she swayed dangerously a few times before regaining her balance. the arrow still stuck from her chest, a rather odd sight to be sure. but her icey orbs were open and locked on an invisable target, sensitive ears directing her to them. and then...there! one hand snapped out with such speed it was a blur, electricity blasting from her palm. a strangled shout followed soon after as an archer, positioned in the tree as a sniper, fell to the earth below. she had heard the drawing of his bow. the throbbing in her chest was not getting any better, and her concentration was broken quite often by the moments of instability when she nearly fell over. with a hiss, her tail suddenly appeared from her spinal cord and grew to its full length. rigidly sitting on the earth, the thick appendedge helped her stay upright. the tail, very dinosaur like really in appearance and lacking any spikes or knobs, was a light grey color. the skin looked rather smooth and lacked scales of any sort. "well, that's better." she mused with a smirk just as the first wave of guards came through the bushes, only to face a very alive and very pissed Drygan. not a good combination.

with a snarl she summoned her fire, the blue flames licking around her hands. one of the humans shouted something, but she wasn't paying attention to that, and launched her attack with both hands, leaning back on her tail for support. the abnormal blue flames did nothing to the foilage, but was immediate in its engulfing of the guards. her energy was quickly fading from the form. damn! it just never ended. quickly she wrapped up her attack, eyes looking impassivly apon the burnt bodies. but her energy continued to decrease as long as this arrow remained within her. gritting her teeth, she wrapped one slender hand around the shaft and yanked without any forewarning.

arrow gone she snorted, then crumpled unconcious to the earth.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/17/03 9:31 am)
Reply  Oi vey...
 He watched in awe as she took out wave after wave of guards with seemingly little effortâ€"and after being badly wounded, too! Finally, though, it ended, and he wrinkled his nose slightly as the putrid smell of charred flesh tickled his sensitive nostrils. Not a nice scent.

He looked over toward Sakkata, then nearly yelped when she yanked the arrow from her chest and collapsed. Damn, but that thing could have hit a major vessel, and pulling it out without a healer could be...really bad. Well...she was still alive, at least. Hopefully she didn't do more damage to herself.

Stubborn Drygan.

Stooping, he picked her back up carefully and, without further hesitation, started off in the direction of the village he had passed by on his way to prison. Thankfully, more of his strength had returned to him in that brief pause.

He normally didn't like the company of others, nor did he generally care about the lives of others, but he felt he owed her. And besides...he actually enjoyed her company. He could relate to her.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/17/03 3:34 pm)
 (okies, which village were you thinking of taking her? light or dark or...other, lol)

the crimson was quick to seep through her blue colored vest, but then began to slow. one thing about Drygans: they were tough. really tough. it took quite a bit to kill them off. but this borrowed form was loosing alot of its already low energy keeping her from bleeding to death. there was only one option now, change to her true form. she did the entire thing subconciously, the action pounded into her brain. and so it began.

her face and head stayed relativly the same, though that light bluish color took the place of her tanned look. her hair remained as it was, though her ears became pointed and grew to a rather long length, even longer then an elf's ears. a few of her teeth also sharpened to fangs, but he couldn't see that particular change. her fingers remained slender, but now had claw-like nails. her feet changed considerably, looking almost dragonlike, but still lacking any sort of scales. and all this was covered with normal skin with a very abnormal coloring of light blue.