Started by Rhindeer, August 14, 2006, 12:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Continued from HERE.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/20/03 2:25 am)
Reply  Weak and wounded...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hatame was exhausted by the time he reached the village carrying the unconscious Sakkata. Normally, her limp weight would be easy to lift, but as he was still recovering from the side-effects of using magic and had had no true time to rest...he really was tired, and the lingering achiness felt more pronounced.

He gazed around the village; he'd been here before, but he actually wasn't incredibly familiar with it. He needed to find a healer of some sort for Sakkata. He didn't know how to judge arrow wounds, but it looked pretty nasty. But, thankfully, he could tell she was still very much alive; he could hear her breaths and feel her pulse.

You really did dig yourself into a rut, didn't you? he thought...though he wasn't entirely sure if he meant that for Sakkata, himself, or for the both of them.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/20/03 11:45 am)
Reply  ~Life in the Shadows~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 still hanging relativly limp in Hatame's arms, Sakkata was begining to come around. she still hadn't realised she had changed to her true form, and would be royally pissed with herself for doing so. especially now that they were in a village full of people!
groaning softly, she peeps open one icey blue eye, the pupil now a vertical slit that quickly shrunk with the sudden light. but that quick glimpse of the world soon faded away as her eye again drifted shut and she fell into a world of blackness yet again.

(er, i described what she looks like in her true form in my last post at the Prison, just so you know.  )

Sydney
Unregistered User
(9/20/03 3:01 pm)
Reply  +Meow?+
 The cat-girl watches them enter the village, frowning. Her tail twitches between her legs and she slowly approchs them. Perhaps she could help.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/21/03 4:22 pm)
Reply  Well...
 He looked at the cat-girl thoughtfully as she approached. Normally, he would have sent her away with a cruel word or action, but right now, he wanted attention. As long as it wasn't attention from a guard.

"Hey, you wouldn't happen to be a healer, would you, kid?" he called to her, his voice a bit impatient. He shifted Sakkata carefully in his arms a bit, and moved closer to her, looking at her urgently.

Sydney
Unregistered User
(9/21/03 5:51 pm)
Reply  +Meow?+
 She tilts her head, ears pricking. "Perhaps not the kind you're used to, but yes, I can heal." She gives a slightly cocky grin, not commenting on being called 'kid'. Sayldor called her that all the time. Besides, now was not the time to be fusy. Laughing green eyes narrow. "And I can heal her, easily."

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/25/03 1:21 pm)
Reply  Alright!
 He nodded as she spoke, clearly impatient and waiting for her to just cut to the chase. "Will you heal her, then?" he asked, keeping his voice very neutral, making sure no impatience leaked into it. After all, she would be doing a great favor if she healed Sakkata, and this was one of those few times in his life when he would make an effort to be civil. He just wasn't used to asking for aid!

"She was struck by an arrow, but she pulled it out...I know nothing about how bad it is, only that it's bad enough..."

He slowly lowered Sakkata to the ground, careful so as not to jar her, to give Sydney better access to her and more room to work, if she needed it.

Sydney
Unregistered User
(9/25/03 1:26 pm)
Reply  +Meow?+
 For the first time, a slight look of something- nervouness? Fear?- crosses her face, and is gone in a blink. She kneals. "This is gonna flippin' hurt. An arrow." Grummbling all the while, she places a hand over the wound gently, gently, and closes her eyes- taking the wound into her own body. There would be no pyhsical mark, on her own person, no visible wound, either. Just a very intense nausia. She concentrats on ignoreing her swirling belly and healing the arrow wound.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/25/03 3:18 pm)
 It was at that moment she came around, realised she was in her true form, and could smell other people. In a flash her clawed hand snapped out and grabbed Sydney's wrist, pulling her hand away. Both icey orbs opened, pupils now vertical slits. "What happened to asking the injured one if they want to be healed?" She asked, sarcasim evident as a smirk formed. And then, she sat up, wincing only slightly. "Hey, it takes alot more then just an arrow to kill me. Though that was a pretty well placed arrow..." One hand came to rub the puncture wound that had stopped bleeding despite the severity of it. She then glanced around a groaned, slapping her forehead. "You brought me into town? Remember the 'need to be secretive about my species' thing? Oy..." Unfortunatly, she had little to no magick left and could not shape-shift to a human form. "Great..." She muttered, still gently rubbing the wound, too weak to stand up. Technically, with a wound like that, she shouldn't even be sitting up!

Sydney
Unregistered User
(9/25/03 5:37 pm)
Reply  +Hiss+ <+>Alcarinqua<+>
 The red-head's eyes narrow. "That's gratitude for ya." She snarls, her freindly, sweet demenor completly gone in the blink of an eye. Her cat ears pin tightly to her head, and her tail lashes irritably. She growls low, climbing to her feet, tail wrapping around her boots with an audible 'snap'. "It's serve you right if you-"

"Syndey, last time I looked, wishing death on one you just attempted to heal isn't always wise." The new voice is low and mellow, smooth as silk and calming. The man that approchs in tall, raven haired and grey eyed,and not a man at all-he is an elf. "Particuarly if she has a freind." Grey eyes take in the scean mildly. "It also isn't wise to be trying to stand, lady.....unless, of course, you were healed." The wry amusment in his eyes is half amiable and half condensinding.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/25/03 8:21 pm)
 Sakkata, still smirking, quirked an eyebrow at the girl. "Ok, thank you for, er...almost healing me." The puncture wound was still quite evident in her flesh, her blue vest, the only thing on her upper half, stained red. She would have made some sort of sarcastic remark to Sydney if the elf hadn't interrupted. Icey orbs are quick to snap towards him, her own overly long and pointed ears, longer then even that of an elf's, twitching mildly. She blew a few strands of white hair from her tanned face, the rest of her locks pulled back into a braid that ran down her back. "Lady huh..." She mused, then promptly forced herself to stand. Couldn't help being stubborn....
As if no pain plagued her, Sakkata began to brush off her white pants, dragon-ish feet bare. Her long tail whiped out behind her, betraying her irritation at being stuck in her true form in front of people. She'd have to punch Hatame's lights out for this one. She flexed her claw like nails a few times, as if making sure they still worked, before smirking and letting her hands rest on her hips, a beautiful silver sword strapped at her side. It was also within easy reach. Ever wary. "No, i wasn't healed, Elf." She answered, but did not ask for names. She wasn't exactly in the mood to be making new 'friends' right then.

SydenySayldor
Unregistered User
(9/26/03 5:49 am)
Reply  +Hiss+ <+>Alcarinqua<+>
 The red-head folds her arms with a little 'humph', very much disliking the girl she'd started to heal's attitude. She turns, her own tail beating the ground visciously. "Can we go?" She snapes, green eyes narrow.

He smiles slightly, an eyebrow lifting gracefully. "Finding her a little too much like yourself for comfort, anarinya?" He ignores the other girl as easily as if she'd been a particuarly stubborn nat- until she speaks to him directly. Then he turns from Sydney to face Sakkata mildly. "Good job- until, of course, that begins to bleed again. Or you get knocked over."

EzCode Parsing Error: color=red] "Yea. Like this." With that, the cat-girl makes as if to push her over or charge her.

EzCode Parsing Error: color=white] The elf catches her by the tail, ignoreing the stream of curses in an impressive amount of laungages coming from Sydney. "Stop that." He snaps, yanking the tail. "You will aboslutly stop going around causing trouble." He pulls her to him and traps her in the circle of his arms. "If you're so certain you're healed, we'll be on our way. Sydeney, stop hitting me and walk." He pushes her in the opposit direc

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/26/03 1:19 pm)
Reply   Oopsies!
 Hatame looked warily at Sakkata as she flexed her claws and whipped her tail. Ahaha...in his desperation to find a healer, he had completely forgotten about that whole rule of not letting others see her in her true form. Gyah! Stupid him!

...he was sooo dead.

He watched Sayldor grab Sydney and start pulling her away, and grinned sheepishly at Sakkata. "Erm...sorry about that," he said low, so only she could hear, grimacing slightly. "I completely forgot...my focus was more on keeping you alive, so to speak."

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/26/03 2:30 pm)
Reply   ~Life in the Shadows~
 She snorted at the elf. "It won't start bleeding again." She stated, quite sure of the fact. She watched as Sydney moved to shove her, then began chuckling despite herself. "She's a bit of a spit-fire..." The Drygan mused, crossing her arms over her chest to cover the wound that had caused so much trouble. Her tail lashed at the ground a few more times. "Alrighty then. Bye." She gave a shrug and a wave to the retreating couple, her tail now resting at her feet.
And then Hatame began to explain himself, and her sadistic smirk fell back into place. "Thanks for your concern!" And then, *WHAM*, her tail thwacked him squarely in the stomach.

(arg...short post...blah)

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/26/03 3:03 pm)
Reply   Oof... ^^;;
 "Don't...mention it..." Hatame managed to gasp through gritted teeth. Wow...he hadn't realized until then exactly how strong that tail of hers was! He had gone from standing to sprawled on his back in less than a second flat! Well, he should have knownâ€"he'd seen the way she handled those guards with it.

He pulled himself up so he was sitting, still trying to catch the breath she had oh-so-successfully knocked out of him. "You...sure have a funny...funny way of showing gratitude...though I suppose I...deserved that," he grinned between gasps.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/26/03 5:28 pm)
 She glanced over her shoulder at him, one eyebrow arched. Well, she knew her tail was still as strong as ever! The fact he was grinning while still trying to fill his lungs with air made her want to simply laugh at him. Instead, she simply smirked in the way that showed she was amused. That heavy tail of hers slid on the ground a few times, never staying still for long. "I think you're the first person who has ever been smacked by my tail and grinned right afterwards. Strange man..." She snorted at him, then slowly slid into a sitting position. It may not look it, but she was suffering some excruciating pain at the moment, and was still drop-dead tired. Legs pulled in indian style, she rested for a moment, her face darkening alittle with pain. "Damn arrow....Damn guards...ugh..."

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/27/03 3:43 pm)
Reply  Heh heh...
 Hatame's grin broadened further at her comment. He sat up a little more to make a little mock bow while still seated, then winced immediately after and clutched his stomach. "Haha...doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like hell!" he admitted, though there was still amusement in his voice and expression. After all, he did have that one coming for him. Yeesh...he should learn to step more carefully around her! Should...but Hatame was, by nature, a near glutton for punishment. He'd always been rather reckless, and his curse made him even more so. "I've felt worse," he added teasingly.

Seeing her face darken with pain, he cocked an eyebrow slightly, then grinned a little. "Well, hey...at least you came out with the long end of the stick, eh? Those guards certainly did not."

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/27/03 9:21 pm)
 She watched his mock bow with one eyebrow raised. Damn if he wasn't a weird one. She knew, if she stuck around him any longer that is, that she'd end up smacking him around a few more times. She could just see it coming.
She laughed at his comment, ignoring the blast of pain in her chest as she did so. She grinned for a split second, flashing her newly formed fangs, before letting her face fall back to its usual smirking state. "This is true. And i suppose being fried is alot worse then a simple arrow wound. Doesn't mean this doesn't hurt like hell." She said, copying his comment about pain.
Snorting she glanced down at the blood on her vest and frowned. "Dammit...i hate getting new cloths. Don't see why women enjoy shopping..." She grumbled. Finding vests that would fit both forms, though she didn't very much in size from one to the other, was a pain. The fabric had to take alot of wear and tear. But finding pants was the worst because of her thick tail.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(9/28/03 8:36 pm)
Reply  Heh!
 He snickered as she copied his comment about pain. If hanging around her didn't kill him first, he could just see more of himself rubbing off on her in the future. Which was actually a frightening thought. He could hardly handle himself, after all!

At her remark about shopping, he smirked teasingly. "Perhaps you dislike it because most shops don't make clothing for women with the, ah, curves that you have?" he ventured with a snigger, referring to her tail.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(9/29/03 2:26 pm)
 At first she was about to take that the wrong way, but then her tail twitched and she snorted, throwing him a level 'drop dead' look. "Ha, ha, ha, very funny." She grumbled sarcastically, but chuckled afterwards anyway.
She then stood with a small grunt, still waiting for the wound to heal. Her kind was especially resiliant when it came to wounds, as they had strong imune systems and did not often get infections. Not to mention it was nearly impossible to poison a Drygan to death, as their body simply turned it into something usefull.
She gave a bit of a stretch, pulling her arms over her head as if to mock the pain she was feeling. "So, you didn't get any more banged up while i was out did you?"

Hatame
Unregistered User
(10/2/03 10:34 am)
Reply  Naw...
 His grin broadened. "Well, I was relatively bruise free. Until you whacked me," he told her wryly, finding it all greatly amusing. He got to his feet after her, and sucked in air as his stomach protested. "Ow..."

Yeesh. And there Sakkata was, stretching her arms over her head with an arrow wound still clearly there in her chest, as though it didn't hurt an inch! And she claimed he was the weird one!

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(10/4/03 8:20 am)
 She laughed at him, the deep hearty sound causing her another blast of pain as her lungs expanded. Brushing her long braid back over her shoulder, she let her inhuman eyes scan the people in town. She didn't really want to go exploring in her true form, but she could spare the energy to shape-shift. Grumbling, she let her clawed hands rest on her hips. "Huh, guess i'll just have to deal with a few weird stares then." She mused, then began walking straight into the throng of people, heavy tail twitching behind her as if just waiting for another reason to smack someone. She was quite obviously the only Drygan there. And she did pick up some really weird stares.

*skiddles off to try and think up more ploty-goodness*
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

Hatame
Unregistered User
(10/9/03 12:41 pm)
Reply  Heh!
 OOC: Ahhh! I'm so bad! Please, do slap me next time I get writer's block and slack on posting-ness!  

IC:

He grinned as he walked beside her, snickering as people stared at her. Ah yes...inconspicuous they were not. Well, at least, Sakkata wasn't! He, on the other hand, just looked like a dark-skinned human with long black and white hair hair and a scar on his jaw-line that looked suspiciously like it was made from the claws of some beast. Talons, to be more exact. Well, anyway, it was quite fun to watch people gawk at her, and he found himself musing over how long he thought she could go before someone got whacked.

And, hopefully, that someone would be someone other than him.

"I think 'few' was an understatement," he mused aloud with a smirk.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(10/9/03 2:44 pm)
 (lol. i'll be sure to do that next time, lol. now, about a new plot...*thinks really hard*)

Whenever the Drygan got the chance, she would glare at those staring at her. Of course, it was nearly impossible to stare down everyone who found her appearance rather...strange. Not every day a woman walks into town resembling a dragon lacking scales with a huge blood stain down her front. The vision she got of herself made a smirk break out. Pretty damn amusing. She snorted at his comment and poked him in the gut with the tip of her tail. "So i've noticed."
The first clothing store she came to was small and modest, and she entered it. She hoped finding a vest wouldn't be too hard. Her thick, black talons clapped against the flooring as she walked around, eyes scanning everything closely. The lady at the counter only stared, more concerned about the wound Sakkata still sported. "Are you...alright miss?" She asked timidly, and Sakkata only snorted. "Got any vests that resemble mine?" She asked, pulling on the blue button up she wore.

(*smoke pours out ears* AH! ok...your turn...*nurses frizzled brain*)

Hatame
Unregistered User
(10/30/03 12:26 pm)
Reply  Eheheh!
 Hatame couldn't help but grin in amusement as the women scurried over to a rack of clothing, shuffling busily through it, though she shot cautious looks toward Sakkata and he every now and then. Heh. Well...wasn't every day you saw a due like them! Well...it was only Sakkata who really looked suspiciousâ€"he looked pretty normal himself, even if he did have a claw-like scar on his jaw and some spots of blood on his clothes, both from Sakkata's wound and his own "attack". But those were hardly noticeable when he was next to the almost draconic Sakkata...who was now walking around with a bloody half-healed wound on her front!

Ah yes. Not something you see every day, indeed.

Finally, the woman cautiously inched over toward Sakkata, holding out to her a small pile of clothing she had taken off the racks. "Here you go, miss," she murmered meekly, now not even trying to hide the way she eyed the wound.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(10/30/03 4:38 pm)
 The unease and worry that circulated in the small place was too much for her. She was truely begining to feel cramped.
Being worried over she did not take well to.
Being stared at she did not take well to.
Being doted over she did not take well to.
Ah, the list just kept going.

Taking the pile of clothes, Sakkata did something rare. She gave a genuine smile and bowed her head. "Thank you. And really, stop worrying over the wound already. You're making the air in here thick with it." Leaving the words to hang between them, she turned and dissapeared into the small dressing booth to try the clothing on. Hopefully something would fit her slender yet muscular frame.
For some reason they never seemed to...
Damn petite, big breasted women....

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/8/03 10:25 am)
Reply  Heh heh...
 "Gonna model for me?" Hatame called to Sakkata teasingly as she dressed within the booth, grinning. Oi...he was going to get himself smacked again, yet! Ah, but it was worth it! He loved giving people a hard time, pushing buttons...all that fun stuff that spiced up life.

Or made life more reckless. After all, he had nothing to lose and nothing to gain!

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/8/03 12:55 pm)
 A hiss erupted from the booth, and a well aimed brush flew from the curtains shielding the inside of the booth and smacked Hatame in the head. "If you just aren't a glutton for punishment..." Sakkata mused with a snicker.

She tried on most of the outfits without any luck. "Jesus, how do girls get into these things? Blah..." The waists were all so freaking...tight. Finally, coming down to the last few vests, she finally found one that fit. It was a deep emerald color with brass buttons. It fit perfectly. Sakkata chuckled at her luck, finally, then changed into a pair of pants she had picked up. They were a sort of khaki color really, and went well with the green. just like her other pants, they puffed out a bit the closer to her feet they got, but were tied off at the ankle. It made the transformation of her feet smoother. That was why she never wore shoes either.

Finally, she stepped out of the booth and dumped the unfitting clothing on the counter. Her old clothes were promptly thrown away. A less then neat tear had been made close to the rim of her pants for her tail, which was now twitching as the lady counted to total for the purchase.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/13/03 2:29 pm)
Reply  Ouchie!
 "OUCH!" Hatame yelped as the brush clocked him in the head. Well...he had it coming!

And, even though he knew better, when Sakkata finally came out of the changing room, Hatame just couldn't refrain from whistlingâ€"the kind of whistle a human would do when seeing an attractive woman walking down the streetâ€"just because he knew she would loathe it. "Lookin' good, sexy!" he commented with a smirk before quickly retreating to the opposite end of the shop before she could deck him.

Gads, but she was just too much fun to pick on!

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/13/03 2:45 pm)
 Sakkata, being a Drygan and not socializing with people often, let alone humans, did not understand the meaning of the whistle.

The lady at the counter did and stiffled a giggle.

The comment about being sexy Sakkata most deffinatly DID understand. One eyebrow jerked up and she whirled to face him. "Oh ho...you better have moved away before i knocked you into next week." She hissed, smirking.

The lady, still trying to contain her amusment, told Sakkata the total and the Drygan turned her attention back to paying. Dishing out the appropriate amount of coins, she turned and began walking towards the door. "Stay a good distance away Hatame or your head's gonna be rolling." Ah, if he had fun picking on her, she loved threatening him. Oh, and carrying out those threats too.

Small Wonder
Bishounen Hunter
(11/13/03 3:03 pm)
  <<<---Hatame [Nice butt.]
 Hatame shrugged innocently, and followed after her, making sure to keep a nice distance between them. A carefully planned distance that was just out of tail-whack-range.

Of course, walking behind her also opened up hundreds of possibilities concerning comments he could make that he knew would push every one of her buttonsâ€"all at once.

Buuuut...Hatame also kind of liked his head right where it was, so, with much difficulty and regret, he swallowed the comments that were lingering on the tip of his tongue. "So, where is our next destination?" he asked casually. "And has anyone ever told you that you have a nice rear? The tail...it just kinda helps to accentuate it, yanno."

Agh! He just couldn't help it! It was way too tempting!

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/13/03 6:50 pm)
 Sakkata was not getting as many stares as she had before with the blood soaked clothing. But she still got enough.

With both hands behind her head casually, she shrugged as best she could at his question. "Somewhere without people." Simple.

Sakkata stopped with a hiss at his next comment, knowing she was just fueling his need to make crude comments like that. She glanced over her shoulder, ice blue eye glinting. "One, and i do not believe he is able to have children anymore." She answered cooly, proud of her comeback. She easily continued on, striding through the main stream of people on the dusty road.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/16/03 6:00 pm)
Reply  Yowch. O_O
 He couldn't help but grimace, her comment stopping him dead in his tracks. Yeek. Now, he'd felt a LOT of pain in his life, but that was just...well, the thought of what she was implying was enough to make the most pain resistant male cringe.

"Ah...point taken," he replied soberly as he began to follow after her again. Hmm...so, that meant he'd have to leave out the other side of his comment. "I'll remember that." Good thing she warned him! He definitely wouldn't put it past her!

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/16/03 6:51 pm)
 She grinned at his remark, though he couldn't see it. Good, she had gotten her point across. Her snicker was easily heard.

Finally weaving out of the crowded village, she stopped to look around. It had been awhile since she had done anything other then look for the ass that stole her sword. Now, she had to find something else to do.

"Know of any interesting places to go?" She asked, crossing her arms and pondering. For once, her muscular tail was still. It only happened when she was deep in thought.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/19/03 11:41 am)
Reply   Yeeep!
 He smirked at her deeply thoughtful expression. "One would think you were pondering the origins of the universe rather than our next destination..." he commented wryly before considering her question.

"I know of quite a few places," he replied, pausing near her, yet still a tail length away, just as a precaution! "Really, any place can be interesting! You just gotta know how to work it. But, let's see...what kinda 'interesting' are you going for? Interesting as in interesting sights, or interesting as in lots of wonderful trouble-making opportunity?" he asked with a grin..

He was up for that any day, even if the constant, ever-increasing aches in his youthful body claimed otherwise. He'd just learned to ignore them. After you'd lived with them everyday for the past five or so years, they became pretty normal. Though, he imagined that would change not far into the future, when the pain he experienced during his "attacks" became an everyday ordeal.

Of course, he planned on dying before it got that bad. And, given his lifestyle, that wouldn't be too hard!

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/19/03 5:46 pm)
 She smirked slightly at his first statement, but it slowly fell away again. She was sinking away for now...letting her magick and spirit drift.
It dangled from her, like a piece of silk being gently tugged on by the wind, but held down by her body. Her heart.

His words were echoes, and she was not in the mindset to answer them just yet.
And then her spiritual wave brushed over Hatame and jerked away, causing her real body to jerk, and bringing her back to reality.

She blinked those icey, reptilian eyes for a moment, then calmed, still staring out through the trees and sky.
"You have alot of pain in you Hatame. And a recklessness. A recklessness that may kill you some day." She shifted her gaze towards him. "But i suspect you are counting on that, yes?"

Sometimes her own powers confused and frightened her. Like now. How could she know exactly what he had been thinking? Exactly what he had been feeling? And just by the brush of a spirit wave?

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/20/03 7:34 am)
Reply  Whoa...freaky deaky!
 "Wha?" Hatame blinked in surprise, his body giving an involuntary jerk of alarm as Sakkata suddenly spoke. Holy...how had she known all that!? What he had been thinking at that moment? Or...whoa. That musta been the reason for her expression of deep concentration? Though...still...that didn't explain a thing, and only seemed to confuse everything more.

Recovering, and figuring it would be no use trying to figure it out on his own, he returned to Sakkata's question. "Oh, well...heh, yep, you're dead on," he told her, shifting a little. That was just kinda freaky! "About everything." Smiling mirthlessly, he gave an indifferent shrug. Well...no use in hiding anything anymore, really, if she had some uncanny ability at figuring it all out, anyway! "I do plan on dying from my actions, someday. It's better than suffering through the full effects of my curse, and I plan on being dead before it gets too bad, quite honestly."

Falling quiet for a moment, thinking, he suddenly gave a wry laugh. "Trouble with it all is, I wanna die by my own actions, but I'm too much of a coward to die by my own hand. I want someone or something else to kill me. I don't fear death, but I'm afraid of dying. Hrm. Kinda makes life tough for a guy with a deathwish, eh?"

Man, she must think him insane. Sometimes, he had difficulty thinking of himself as sane!

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/20/03 6:13 pm)
 She waited for the shock of her words to calm, and then waited some more as he gathered his wits. Not every day someone tells you what you are thinking and feeling.

She grinned smugly at his repsonse and shook her head. "Afraid of dying, but not of death?" She repeated, then concockted her own meaning for the words. He wanted to die, but was afraid of the actual dying process. Easy to fix.

She shrugged and held out her hand, palm facing him. More specifically, facing his head. A little sparking ball of electricity formed in the direct center of her hand. "An easy fix really. I'll just zap you in the head and it'll be over. You'll be dead in an instand. No pain, Nothing." She said calmly, watching him with those uncanny blue eyes.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/20/03 7:03 pm)
Reply   Waitaminute!!! O_o
 He blinked, looking curiously at the ball of electricity in her hand. An easy fix? Hmm...did she have a cure or someâ€"zap him in the head!?

"WHOA! Waitaminute!" he yelped as the rest of her words sank in, nearly falling all over himself as he ducked out of firing range. "GEEZ! You that eager to get rid of me!? Good gods, woman! How the bloody hells would you know if there's pain or not!?"

A nice distance away from her, he took a deep breath and straightened, gradually regaining his composure. Oi. This was exactly his problem. Once he had the opportunity, he chickened out. Oi, indeed.

Brushing hair back from his face, he frowned at Sakkata. "Yeesh. I said I wanted to die, but I don't remember saying now," he finally mumbled sheepishly.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/20/03 7:35 pm)
 Sakkata watched as he ducked away, the ball of thunder not leaving her palm. Well, he was a coward. He had the chance, and he passed it up yet again.

Hearing his mumbling, she snorted and aimed the blast at his foot. It went off with a sharp crackle, then silence.
Hatame's foot would now be completely numb.
"I am not eager to get rid of anyone, but you seemed eager to find a way out of your pain. Mainly, by death. It would not hurt." She stated, then held her palm at his head yet again. The same small ball of electrical magick formed.

"This is your last chance. If you wish to die fast and painless, i can do it now. If not, you can suffer on, never able to end your pain for you do not seek a cause and because you are too cowardly to end it yourself." Her voice was cool and calm.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/20/03 8:20 pm)
Reply   Um...erm...
 Hatame gave a jerk of alarm as she released the blast, which struck his foot square on, and he nearly yelped in pain before he realized that there was none. In fact...all sensation in his foot was gone. He glanced down at his foot and flexed his ankle experimentally. Or tried to. The thing just wouldn't cooperate. Completely numb.

He looked back at her as she spoke.

"Cowardly? Ouch. Now, that's just harsh," he muttered, wincing at the word and feigning hurt. Hmm...he never considered wanting to live to be cowardly! Urk. There was another thing. Hatame was just full of paradoxes. Wanted to be dead, but didn't want to go through the processes to get there. Wanted to live, but not as he was now. Wanted to die, but not at this moment.

Damn. He confused himself! What did he want? Too much, that was for sure!

He frowned, folding his arms across his chest, brow furrowed in thought. Well...the curse was going to only get worse. There was no cure...not unless the gryphons that had placed it upon him took it off him themselves, and they were away in the Realm. If he tried to go back there, he'd be killed, and even if he got to the gryphons, they wouldn't remove it. And then he'd be killed. Or cast back here, to live with the curse. Thus, it'd only get worse, which brought him back here: live and continue to suffer and allow it to progress until, finally, he died in agony after living in agony, or find some way to end it before it got to that point.

And, all in all...a life live in agony, unable to do what he had once been able to, unable to get close to anyone because he wouldn't be here long anyway...that was no life to live. Really.

Right. And...well, here Sakkata was, being such a good pal and offering him an easy way out! Hey! What other buddy would do something like that? Wouldn't hurt. His foot certainly felt not a thing! Yeah...

"...Hell, why not? Nothin' to lose, eh?" he mumbled with a shrug, and seated himself on the groundâ€"wouldn't want to make a mess by crashing to the ground!â€"though the motion wasn't quite graceful. Rather than sit, it was more like he fell into place, as his numb foot gave way with his movement, landing him roughly on his bottom. He couldn't help but smirk. Yep. That was him. Couldn't make a graceful exit to save his life.

...which was a bit of an ironic statement.

Yup! No pain. An easy, nice way out. Foot sure felt pain free...heck, it was the only body part on him that didn't feel the aching effects of the curse! Yeah. Then again...his foot didn't feel much of anything. What if...was that what being dead would be like? Nothing at all?

He gave a start. "Gyah! Nevermind! Holdâ€"" He leaped back to his feetâ€"and promptly ate the earth beneath him as his foot gave way again and pitched him face-first to the ground. He spit out a few blades of grass. "...up." Damn, she just had to shoot his right foot, which he tended to favor, didn't she?

OOC: My, I feel wordy tonight. O_O

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/21/03 6:49 pm)
 (lol)

She snickered calmly at his remark of being hurt, her palm unwaveringly set towards his forehead.

Sakkata never did loose sight of her goal.

Scary thought, as her goal at this point was to end Hatame's life for him.

She waited for him to finish his pondering, wondering what his answer would be. When it finally came, she couldn't help but be slightly surprised. "Really now?" She mused, eyebrows raised. She then shrugged and got ready to release her blast.

But he flopped down, and she had to re-aim. That one funny little moment might have taken just the right amount of time to save his life.
For just as she got ready to fire yet again, he changed his mind and bolted up. Sakkata jolted and fired the magick, but then he fell yet again.

This time face first.

And her blast missed completely. "Argh!" Sakkata gave a huge sigh and flopped to her knees, shaking her head. "Dammit, don't DO that!! I nearly killed you when you didn't want to be killed!" Still shaken up about the near misdeed, she didn't stop to laugh at his fall but instead whiped around and promptly slapped Hatame upside the head with her tail.

Stupid man!!!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/21/03 7:28 pm)
Reply   Owie.
 "Ow..." he groaned, rising up to a sitting position and rubbing his head where he had been slapped. But, somehow, this time, the painful throb in his head was kind of...pleasant. In a weird, twisted way. Maybe that was because he had heard Sakkata fire the magic, and had been too busy falling to actually see where it went, and the sensation proved that, indeed, he was still alive.

Wow...that had been a stupid move on his partâ€"well...all the moves he had made, actually! What the heck was he thinking!? Agh...he and his indecision! Yet, even now...he had the fleeting feeling that he had just passed up a wonderful opportunity.

Shaking his head to clear his vision of the stars her tail had sent spiraling before his eyes, he looked up at her, and gave a sheepish smile that looked more like a grimace. "Ahaha...uh...sorry about that," he told her lamely, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/21/03 7:39 pm)
 Sakkata huffily pulled her legs in indian style, her tail curling grumpily into her lap. A fresh scowl was in place, eyes narrowed.

"Christ... i'd rather have been warned of your proneness to be indecisive...." She hissed through her teeth, trying to cool her temper. Dammit....last time she ever did that. She nearly killed him!

It wasn't that Sakkata really minded killing people in general, but when she knew them, and was trying to do a favor, then nearly killed them with out their permission... Well, that kinda shook her up a bit.

Sighing, she rubbed the bridge of her nose, eyes shut. "Well...that could have turned out a whole heck of a lot worse..." She muttered, eyes still shut.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/21/03 9:16 pm)
Reply   Whoopsies.
 "Weeeell...I'm not normally that indecisive, but, yanno, this kinda thing is kinda bigger than most decisions. And kinda final." He tilted his head, frowning thoughtfully. And besides...he'd always imagined his death as more...exciting. This felt more like he was being executed! Or...something. Of course, he didn't voice that part! Irritated as she was, she might take that as some sort of cue!

Hmm...so he was picky, too. Or maybe he was just making up more excuses.

Running a hand through his hair thoughtfully, he shivered slightly. "Yeah...definitely. Heh...thanks for having bad aim. I'll prob'ly regret it later, butâ€"" He cut himself short, and managed a shaky laugh. "Then again, maybe not. Hell, I have no idea what I want, really, I guess. I'm just a wreck. Sorry to have put all this pressure on ya..."

Chewing his lip, he picked absently at the grass. Damn curse...

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/22/03 2:32 pm)
 Sakkata growled at him, eyes narrowing. "I do not have bad aim. The only thing that saved you was the fact you fell twice in a row." She mumbled, still a bit grouchy.

With a snort, she stood and stretched, brushing grass and dirt off her pants. "Well, whatever. Lets just go somewhere other then here. If you feel the need to do something reckless, go kick a dragon in the nose. Just make sure i'm not in the general area when it decides to roast you." A grim smirk formed and she crossed her arms. Ah, her sense of humor was coming back.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/24/03 11:24 am)
Reply   Kekeke...
 "I'll keep that in mind, O Thoughtful One," he told her with a smirk. "Better yet, I'll just kick you in the nose. More convenient, and it'd get me just as far, no?"

Snickering and rising to his feet in his usual brisk manner, partly to get quickly out of a vulnerable position, he stumbled and very nearly bit the dust again. He'd forgotten all about his currently numb footâ€"which was all thanks to Sakkata, of course! "AGH! How long does this bloody numbness last, anyway!?" he asked as he hobbled awkwardly after her, dusting himself free of dirt and grass as he went.

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/25/03 5:39 pm)
 She snickered at his first comment and began walking. "All that'd earn you is a swift swipe of my tail." Her tail twitched to accentuate her point.

Listening to him hobbling after her, she smirked. "Oh, i dunno. A day, maybe two. Maybe never." She snickered. Ah, the wonders of that lovely electrical spell...

Hatame
Unregistered User
(11/26/03 9:26 am)
Reply   WHAT!?
 "WHAT!?" he blurted at her comment. "A day? Two? Never!? You gotta be kidding! Agh! I'm messed up as it is, I don't need this on top of it all!" he moaned.

Well, then again...at the time when that had happened, he hadn't exactly been planning on a future, so...bah.

Limping alongside her, he scowled. "I feel like an idiot. Can't you reverse it or something?"

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(11/26/03 3:45 pm)
 She was grinning rather smugly, both hands rested quite comfortably behind her head. "Well, look at it this way. When the rest of your body is writhing in pain years from now, your foot won't feel a thing." She chuckled, obviously amused.

"And no, i can't reverse it. You must remember, that spell was being conjured to kill you."

Hatame
Unregistered User
(12/4/03 2:32 pm)
Reply  Good point.
 "Ah...good point," Hatame murmered amusedly, though he didn't quite know which point he was referring to.

"Bleh. Well...you oughta learn how to reverse these things, yanno! Might be useful." Hint hint.

OOC: SPS! Ahhh!

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(12/4/03 4:37 pm)
 Sakkata chuckled at him and shook her head. "Yeah, it might." She agreed, still appearing amused. She then turned away, scratching the back of her head with one hand, the other on her hip. "Anyway, back to our previous subject, somewhere interesting to go. You've probably traveled more then i have, so where's your favorite place?" She thought about his numb foot and stiffled a snicker.

Hatame
Unregistered User
(1/7/04 8:44 pm)
Reply  Evil woman.
 Hatame glared at her as he caught the hint of a stiffled snicker. Oh yes. He got to hobble around like an idjit. Very amusing, indeed. Who cares that it was his idea in the first place? he didn't have to shoot him in the foot!

...erm, then again, it was better than other places she could have chosen to aim at in her annoyance. Hmm...right. Better not to complain further. Evil woman.

"Favorite place?" He looked thoughtful for a moment, then shook his head, beaded lockes of hair clinking together. "I'd have to say the sea," he finally said with a somewhat rueful smile. "It's always been a favorite. Um...not very exciting, I know..."

Who'd have thought? A guy with a deathwish that made a point of living on the edge of oblivion loved the beautiful tranquility of the sea.

It reminded him of home...

Sakkata
Unregistered User
(1/8/04 6:38 pm)
Reply  Death in the Shadows
 Sakkata shrugged, sensing Hatame had grown a brain and would stop complaining for a bit.
"It sounds just peachy to me. I've never been there. Let's go."

She crossed her arms, knowing she'd have to follow Mr. Hobbles all the way to wherever this place was. Oh well, there were always down sides to amusment.

Continued HERE.