Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dread Army Headquarters...

Started by Rhindeer, December 09, 2007, 12:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Whispers had spread through the criminal underground that a certain rebel faction was being resurrected, the only faction in recent history that had nearly taken down a kingdom twice. If someone were interested and followed the leads hidden in those whispers, well, eventually they'd find their way to the wilds of Necromantia and an old, abandoned traveler's outpost that had been fixed up so as to be inhabitable again.

Two stories high, the upper level contained six rooms for sleeping, while the bottom contained two large ones, a common room and a bar. Behind the bar, a young, disgruntled dwarf was chained, forced into serving as a bartender for the place.

Aside from serving drinks and tending the bar, he was also in charge of keeping an eye out for new recruits and signing them up. But aside from him, the place was empty and quiet, as the Commander was out on a "business trip."

[OOC: Whoo! Sucky post, I know. Anyway! Feel free to join the DA, mix, mingle, chat, get signed up! Feel free to NPC the dwarf dude if you like, though I can also do that if you'd prefer. xD Anyway! The DA is now open for business.]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

(Question: Is this rebel faction going to rebel against Necromantia? If so, I'll edit this with a post. Actually, I'll edit this later with a post. The Voice of Justice has to have connection with the underground, you know. :D)

Rhindeer

[OOC: Not currently! They may later if things go as planned, but for now, the focus is on the mainland! >:3 Still, of course opposition is welcome!]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Character: Hayate Dairyuu

The blind wanderer had heard rumors of the revival of the Dread Army.  Following what he had heard, and remembering what he had read when they had first rose, Hayate followed the narrow trail.  Since he heard about it upon their first strike, the group had piqued his interest.  Now that it was being resurrected from the ashes, Hayate had to get in on the action.  However, his travels had been long and hard, and he quickly jumped to wandering if this diversion was worth it.  He had gotten used to the tough times though, having been in more than his fair share of battles just within a month's time, mainly silencing persistent bandits en route to various locations of interest.  Thus, he pushed onward.  

As the day yielded the night, Hayate began seeking a place to rest.  He soon discovered a lonely building that seemed hidden in the depths.  Upon wandering inside he, immediately, was hit with a strange sensation.  He examined the area in suspicion before turning to the lone dwarf tending the bar.  He walked closer and sat on one of the stools.

"Been awhile since we've had anyone out here...what can I get ya stranger?"  The dwarf inquired.

"Uh...I'm not really much for drink, but I suppose one wouldn't hurt..."  Hayate said tilting his head as if in thought.

"Just gimme your best ale." He finally said.

As the dwarf went to fetch the order Hayate said, "Wait...you wouldn't happen to have heard anything about the Dread Army would ya?"

(can u RP him from here Rhi?)

Rhindeer

[Sure can! :3]

"Heard anythin'?" The dwarf barked a harsh laugh from the back of the bar, glasses clinking as he filled the order. It wasnt long before he shuffled his way back to the counter and set a frothy mug of ale down in front of the male, none too gently at that. Some of the ale sloshed over the sides and dripped onto the counter. "Have I heard anythin'? Heh. Depends on whatcha wanna know, laddie," he said, fiddling with one of the braids in his rather thick beard and eyeing Hayate shrewdly.

Anonymous

[Thx XD]

"I really don't have time for games, so I'll cut to the chase."  Hayate said as he placed some coins on the counter for the drink, lifted the mug to his lips and, drank some of his ale.

"I'm actually quite interested in anything you might happen to know.  But in particular...where, or how, I might find them."

Rhindeer

The dwarf was quick to pocket the coins, though the profits wouldn't be going to him, of course, but to the organization as a whole. Every little bit would count, though for now it didn't matter much. It was just now getting started, and it would take a little while for news to really travel through the underground and spark interest.

The dwarf's grin grew, mostly obscured by his beard, and he gave another throaty chuckle. "Heh, you're here, lad. Welcome to the Dread Army headquarters. Ain't many here yet, our leader's out on business and another feller is out an' about, but if you be interested in joinin', you've come to the right place. Make yourself cozy. If not..." His eyes narrowed. "You best be skidaddlin' and forgettin' you saw anything."

Then he gave a shrug. "What's your name, lad?"

Anonymous

"Indeed I am...the Dread Army piqued my interest back when it first reared its head, but at the time I was unable to pursue it.  So I'm here huh...I would never have guessed that the Dread Army HQ would be this place, but I supposed subtlety is necessary...at least for now."  Hayate before taking another gulp of his drink.