Equinox Ball

Started by Anonymous, March 07, 2005, 03:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Akkiel and Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/11/02 6:55 pm)
Reply   Equinox Ball
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The Equinox Ball is already underway when Prince Akkiel and Lord Kirshna arrive. As they walk up the steps to the Great Hall, Kirshna fidgets with the tight collar of his coat, highly uncomfortable in the clothes of nobility.

"You're messing it up," Akkiel says, exasperated, as he shoos Kirshna hands away from his collar and fixes it for him again. "Leave it alone."

"I hate these clothes! Remind me again why I came to this thing."

"Because you're hoping that chick will show up. Even though you could have your pick of any of the courtiers." Akkiel leads the way through the big double doors. They are announced, and proceed into the hall.

The massive Great Hall of Adela Castle is decorated for the occasion and filled with people dancing, eating, drinking, and talking. The magnitude of it is overwhelming and almost dizzying. For Kirshna, at least.

Immediatly upon entering, they are both set upon by a little swarm of young noblewomen. Akkiel drinks up the admiration and flirtations, enjoying every moment of it and knowing that none of these women will get as close to the throne as they hope. At best, they'll make it to his bed. But Kirshna is still not used to the attention. The game of courtly romance is vicious and political, and he has no skill in the fierce manipulations of the highborn. He just hopes Sandi doesn't corner him again.

Ravi
Unregistered User
(3/11/02 7:05 pm)
Reply    Ha!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Ravi smiled a laughs when Kirshna and Akkiel are swormed by women. The look on Kirshna's face is priceless, but then reality sets in. If Kirshna's anything like Akkiel then Ravi's friendliness towards him would end and Ravi's fist would meet Kirshna's face. One thing that Ravi couldn't stand was soemone playing his sister. He looked at Berise. "Might aswell save him now." He said, got passed the group and grabbed Kirshna out. The ladies all sigh seeing Kirshna get pulled away, but it only gives Akkiel more attention.

Ravi looked around. "Trying to get a taste of the other girls before my sister comes?" he said, cocking an eyebrow. Then it sunk in, Dawn shouild be here by now. Charumati was here--but not Cadmus. Again, Cadmus was with Dawn, taking over as the father. But Ravi let it slide and focussed on Kirshna and Berise. "Berise wants to ask you something." Ravi finally says.

Berise and Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/11/02 7:23 pm)
Reply    ...
 Berise feels so horribly out of place that she barely even notices the beautiful decorations. She imagines that everyone is staring at her and whispering.

After Kirshna is hauled away from the group, he frowns and pulls his arm from Ravi's grasp. "Don't do that," he says, not angry really, just frustrated that he can be so easily manhandled. He's been feeling weak lately, tired, and wonders if he's getting sick.

Then he notices Berise, and in spite of her dress, he recognizes her. "Oh...it's you."

"Yes," she says, forgetting all about the ball for the moment. "I'm so sorry to ask you this after what you did for me, but I need another favor from you. It's about--" she is suddenly very aware of all the people listening nearby "--it's about what happened at the beach. I don't want to talk about it here. Could I come see you tomorrow?"

That was the last thing Kirshna expected to here, and he wonders what she knows about the murder on the beach. "Of course. I'll tell the guards to let you in."

"Thank you," Berise says, and realizes she's been holding her breath. Maybe this would all work out okay. "So...what do we do now?" she asks Ravi.

Ravi
Unregistered User
(3/11/02 7:29 pm)
Reply   Fine
 Ravi looked at Kirshna. "Fine, just go back to group of girls. I don't midn telling my sister that you're no different than the rest of them." he said. His voice was slightly annoyed. He thought Kirshna was different and the last thing he wanted was for Kirshna to use Dawn like Akkiel almost had. Ravi, after waiting for some sort of explanation or answer--hoping he was wrong about Kirshna, turned his attention to Berise. "Well.." He said, looking about. "Care to dance." He said, offering his hand. He wasn't the greatest at it and just now felt like all eyes were on him because he was merely thinking of dancing. His heart was beating like he was about to be killed, it was a wierd feeling being here with all the noblemen and noblewomen..

Kirshna Sandi Berise
Unregistered User
(3/11/02 7:47 pm)
Reply   Scary Sandi
 He scowls and crosses his arms. "Y'know, it's not like I ask for them to fawn all over me. It's all politics and false compliments."

As luck would have it, at that very moment, a slim, pale hand slips over Kirshna's shoulder and down to his chest, and Sandi circles around from behind him. She is slender and petite, and her blonde hair tumbles past her shoulders in a golden waterfall. "This looks so good on you," she says, almost to herself, as she smiles and plays with the buttons on Kirshna's shirt. "Blue is definitely your color."

Kirshna lets out a high-pitched, nervous laugh. "Hi Sandi!" he says, sounding almost spooked. Frankly, he finds Sandi a bit...scary.

Berise looks at Ravi, then stares very studiously at the floor. She speaks so low he can barely hear her. "I don't...uh...I don't know any dances. I've only ever danced at peasant festivals." The dances going on at the ball all look choreographed and gracefull. Most of her dancing has been done around bonfires or in the town hall.

Ravi
Unregistered User
(3/11/02 7:59 pm)
Reply    That's it!
 Ravi's eyes went cold as Sandi put her hands on Kirshna. Ravi voice was visably annoyed and had a deep sense brotherly protection. "Come near my siser again, Kirshna, and you'll know the meaning of pain." His eyes only left Kirshna to give a disgusted look to both Sandi and Kirshna as Sandi fiddled with his buttons. "And I mean if you so much as breath a word to Dawn.." He said before walking off with Berise.

Ravi loosened up with Berise and smiled. "I was scared I was the only one." He said. They were close enough to the window that he could hear the cheers from a local tavern. The real party was going on down there. Ravi smiled, grabbed Berise's hand and said "Come with me." in a gentle, bearly audible tone..

***Next post at Adela Village!***

Farore
Unregistered User
(3/13/02 4:02 pm)
Reply    *a Lady from Serendipity Kingdom walks into the Great Hall*
 *she is slightly flustered, but she still keeps her composure. She nods greetings to the people she passes, thinking how increasingly boring this is getting*

Anonymous

Dawn and Kouken
Unregistered User
(3/12/02 6:40 pm)
Reply    Really fasionably late.. like REALLY! :Þ
 The carriage made it to the castle in what Dawn hoped was record time. She knew she'd already missed half of the ball and could only hope that Kirshna wasn't upset with her. After she was helped out of the carriage by the driver and Kouken stepped out she turned to Kouken.

"How do I look? Royal enough?" Dawn asked, straightening out her dress. It was a long midnight blue dress. The sleeves were very short, just going past her shoulders. The shoes matched, but Dawn hadn't worn high shoes in so long and stumbled a few times before, but she hoped she'd gotten the hang of it. She had matching gloves, too, that went to her elbows.

Magnificant. Kouken said in a fatherly tone. Now, I doubt they'll allow lions in so I'll be by the window if you need me. He said, going into the form of a black eagle. But he decided to watch Dawn go in until he went to the window.

Dawn smiled. She felt nervous. The first ball she would go to willfully and Kirshna had asked her to go with him. She hoped he wasn't upset at her for being really late, but then remembered that Kirshna wasn't like other guys. He was much sweeter and kind. She walked up the stairs and entered the main hall where she could see everyone. Caanan and Sachi were enjoying a slow dance, Cadmus was obviously looking around for Charumati, Prince Akkiel was being swormed by women--then her eyes landed on Kirshna. She saw the girl he was with, she was touching him, fiddling with his collar and clothes. Dawn's heart sank. She had been all ready to explain why she was so late to Kirshna, but seeing how easily he picked up another girl amde her think again.

Dawn turned around, hoping no one had seen her enter, and left. She couldn't walk too fast in the shoes she was wearing but she tried her hardest to get away from the castle.

Why hadn't she seen it? Why was she so blind? Kirshna and Akkiel were best friends, ofcourse they were alike. Kirshna was no better than Akkiel and Dawn felt like she had been too careless and just didn't regognize the signs. Kirshna was a player, any girl would do and she just didn't know it. She didn't live in Adela, she didn't know how he was like. But she had been so sure he was different when he'd helped ehr escape the ngiht she arrived..

Kirshna and Sandi
Unregistered User
(3/12/02 7:11 pm)
Reply    ...
 Sandi is busy playing with Kirshna's hair and telling him a story about some guy she punched in the face. He has to give her credit for one thing at least: he's never met another noblewoman who could throw a punch hard enough to knock a grown man to the ground. He saw her sock a guy in the stomach once.

Scary.

He gasps when he sees Dawn come in a look right at him. The look on her face makes him cringe and he tries to disconnect himself from Sandi to go after her.

"Where are you going," Sandi purrs, still holding onto his arm. "Aren't you going to dance with me?"

At that moment, Dominica slips in between the two of them. "Oh, Sandi," she says, keeping her occupied so Kirshna can get away. "Have I told you how much I love that dress..."

Kirshna catches up with Dawn in the courtyard, which has been decorated top to bottom with flowers. "Wait!" he says, panting after running to catch up with her. "Wait, don't go! That was just Sandi! It didn't mean anything, she flirts with me like that all the time!" He stops and realizes that probably wasn't the best thing to say. "I mean...they all do. No, wait, I mean...well..." He just kind of trails off and decides to keep his mouth shut for awhile.

What does Akkiel call this? Oh yeah...damage control.

Dawn
Unregistered User
(3/12/02 7:20 pm)
Reply   Well..
 Dawn turned around to face Kirshna, there was a hrut look in her eyes. "I don't care Kirshna!" She began, her voice was shaky, obviously close to tears. "I'm sure that all your courtesants flirt with you." She was about to turn around, but she had more to say, so stopped herself and looked at Kirshna again.

"I really thought that you were different, but you're no better than Akkiel... No, atleast the girls that Akkiel's with know what their getting into." She tried her best not to shed one tear, but she liked Kirshna alot and couldn't believe he was like that. "What was that nice guy act, then? What, you saw a vulnerable girl and decided that I'd be the new addition to your group?" She asked, then shook her head. But she really didn't want to know the gruling details that Kirshna was going to give her and she turned around and kept walking..

Kirshna and Akkiel
Unregistered User
(3/12/02 8:06 pm)
Reply   Wait!
 Kirshna tries to find something to say, but all he can do is stare stupidly at Dawn as she walks away from him and toward the castle gates.

He looks at the ground, trying to think how he ended up in this place, when Akkiel comes up behind him and smacks him on the back of the head. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"Go after her!" Akkiel gives him a shove in that direction. "Didn't you hear her? She likes you, she wants you to run after her and prove that you're the guy she thought you were!"

"But I thought she said..."

Akkiel pushes him again. "Just go!"

Kirshna runs after Dawn again. He skids to a halt infront of her and kneels, grabbing her waist and looking up at her. "Dawn! I can't lie, I swore on the Rose to speak no word that is not truth and that oath is binding! And I've learned to twist my words so it works to my advantage, but I swear, ask me anything right now and I will give you a straight answer. Go ahead, ask me anything at all. About Sandi, about myself, about anything you want, even something you think I'd lie about. And you'll know that whatever I say is absolute truth!"

Dawn
Unregistered User
(3/12/02 8:15 pm)
Reply   Six feet underground
 Dawn stopped. She wondered where Kouken was. When Kirshna was finished, she spoke. "You're lucky that my uncles or brother aren't around because if they were you'd be six feet underground by now."

All Dawn wanted to do was just cry in self pitty with Cadmus. "Can't lie? Then why'd you have some girl mauling you?" She asked hotly. "I ws late tonight because some freaky girl said that if I so much as touched you that you would get hurt and so would I, but I didn't care because I have Kouken and There are little things that can hurt my.. physically."

"I wanted to come here so much, Kirshna.." She said, acting as though she merely had something in her eye as she wiped away some tears. Why did she have to cry?! "Why did you do that to me?" She asked finally, her voice was softer.

Kouken walked over. He'd changed forms when he saw Akkiel come out and Kirshna run to Dawn. As he passed Akkiel, a growl errupted in Kouken's throught, but he kept walking, then stopped a few yards behind Dawn, watching Kirshna..

Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/12/02 8:32 pm)
Reply   don't cry
 "Oh no, no, don't do that," he says as he gets to his feet and wipes a tear from the corner of her eye. "I can't stand it when people cry."

The White Rose appears in his hand, and its fragrance is the rarest, sweetest perfume. It shines in the moonlight. "I'm young, I'm unmarried, and I'm friends with the prince. They look at me and see themselves closer to the throne. That's all." He reaches up and puts the Rose in her hair, slipping it into one of her barrets so it will stay. "So please be happy. Please don't cry."

Dawn
Unregistered User
(3/12/02 8:49 pm)
Reply   Socute!
 Dawn couldn't help bu smile at Kirshna. The reason why Sandi was there sounded justifiedHer heart began to race now, though as she remembered about the girl and the reason why she hadn't come until now.

"Kirshna, why couldn't you just tell her to back off, then?" She asked. Why did she just give in so easily?! (lol) "And I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier but I was scared that the things that the girl said--and showed me would come true.."

Kouken sighed in relief when Kirshna and Dawn settled down and were alright. As much as he loved Dawn, sitting around crying instead of swimming or doing something fun wasn't his cup of tea.

Although it was hard to tell, Dawn was now worried about what might happen. Nothing happened so far, so it could have all been a joke. But that vision.. She remembered it being so real. "So you are the guy I thought you were.." She said, her voice bearly audible, but she was happy knowing that Kirshna was different.

Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/13/02 4:53 pm)
Reply   Huh?
 He rubs the back of his neck and can't meet Dawn's gaze. "Well...it's just not that easy for me. To stand up to people like that, I mean."

Now that everything has been cleared up, he really hears for the first time what she is saying about the warning. "What girl? What are you talking about?"

Dawn
Unregistered User
(3/13/02 6:42 pm)
Reply   ..
 Dawn smiled. She didn't know if Kirshna was like Akkiel or if he wasn't, but he sounded so sincere and she couldn't help but end the argument right there.

"Me and Kouken were in the village in Serendipity and some little girl came up to me and told me to stay away from you or we'd both be hurt--like, she showed me some vision of you being hurt.. Kouken thinking there is some reality behind her threats." She said with a light sigh. "That's why I was so late, it took me hours before I made up my mind, then I had to convince Kouken." She said, turning her head to glace at Kouken.

She wondered what Kirshna would think, but right now she just wanted to go inside and dance.

Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/13/02 7:23 pm)
Reply   Dance?
 Kirshna searches his memory but can't for the life of him think of anyone who fits that description. "I don't know anyone like that. And it couldn't be my mother. She would never be so discreet."

He shrugs, smiling again. "But you're here, and nothing's happened so far, right? Don't let it get to you." He offers her his arm. "Care to accompany me while I embarrass myself on the dance floor? It'll make Sandi jealous..."

Dawn
Unregistered User
(3/13/02 7:37 pm)
Reply   I guess
 The smile on Dawn's face didn't leave, but her voice was still a bit shaky. "When I walked away her voice was.. cold, like steel.." She said lightly, remembering that day...

Dawn hooked her arm with his. "I'm sure you're not that bad, Kirshna." Dawn said. She remembered those horrible days in Desmond, She was taught every dance--yet did she remember any--Hell no!

After surveying the courtyard, Kouken was satisfied that nothing would jump out and hurt Dawn. He went back intot he form of an eagle and perched himself on a balchony that was on the same floor yjat the party was being held.

When Dawn and Kirshna entered the main hall, Dawn smiled seeing Sachi and Caanan dancing, then she saw Cadmus and Charumati. "Have you seen Ravi?" She asked, wodnering where he was.

Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/13/02 7:52 pm)
Reply   Dancer by nature.
 When Dawn is finished talking to Cadmus and Charumati, Kirshna leads her out onto the dance floor. Akkiel has the band playing a waltz, and as they take their place on the floor, Kirshna is troubled by Dawn's apprehension. "Try not to let it spoil your evening," he says. "Whoever it is, you can't let her ruin the happy moments of your life."

It seems Kirshna sorely misjudged his own dancing skills. He moves with the liquid grace of one who has danced every day of his life. Since the day he could walk he has danced...around the gypsy bonfire every night, honoring nature and fire and life. He flows through the steps, elegance in motion, and as they dance many of the nobles stop to watch them.

Dawn
Unregistered User
(3/13/02 8:00 pm)
Reply   ..
 Dawn tried to forgot about that girl, and at what Kirshna said she could tell he didn't see it the way she did. Her whole life someone was either trying to kill her or take her away from her family but she hit these things head-on because they were unavoidable. This threat was. She had gotten a warning, real or fake.

She was amazed at Kirshna's dancing and tried to be as good as him. She did most things on the spurr of the moment, she wasn't used to dances being synchronized or anything. And when she messed up, she just laughed at herself and went on, trying her best to keep up with Kirshna. "Make a fool of yourself on the dance floor, eh?" She asked, teasingly. She could see Sandi every now and then and hoped that she was what Kirshna said she was...

Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/13/02 8:33 pm)
Reply   need some air
 Even as they dance, he can pick up Dawn's worry, and he supposes they have different ways of dealing with these things. All of his life he has let other people handle his problems...Karkoum, Tuyen, and now Akkiel. In the back of his mind, he is still waiting for someone else to take care of this. Whatever it is.

Sitting at a table with some other noblewomen, Sandi watches them like a hawk. She looks just as polite and pleasant and unruffled as she always does, but still her eyes never leave them.

The waltz ends, leaving Kirshna panting slightly. Out of the corner of his eye he sees Akkiel leaving for his room with not one, not two, but three women following behind him.

He doesn't know about Dawn, but he needs some air, so he leads the way out into one of the gardens. A huge, elaborate fountain stands in the center. "Well," he says in response to her comment, "I don't really know the courtly dances, but I've been dancing my whole life. I grew up with gypsies. They honor every occasion with dance."

A chill shivers up his spine, sudden and icy, and he thinks he can just barely make out the sound of a child's laughter...but he writes both off as just the wind.

Dawn
Unregistered User
(3/13/02 8:41 pm)
Reply   I..
 Dawn followed Kirshna. "Gypsies? Must have been fun." She said, looking around the garden. Things weren't that different in Adela compared to Serendipity.

"I moved around a lot when I was little." She said, it was really the half truth. Yes, she did move around a lot, but for the wrong reasons. Her mother died, then her father, then she was taken from Caanan and Sachi, etc.

As they walked through the garden, Dawn held Kirshna's hand gently and smiled at him when he looked at her. The ball was great, but she enjoyed this time alone with Kirshna even more...

Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/14/02 8:26 am)
Reply   ...
 He blushes furiously and wishes it didn't show up so much on his pale skin. "Karkoum brought me to the gypsies...the night he took me from my mother."

He sits down on a bench beneath a tree. "Did you know your parents?" He knows it's not the happiest subject in the world, but he loves hearing people talk about their parents. When he's listening to them, he can almost imagine what it would be like to have a mother and father.

Dawn
Unregistered User
(3/14/02 8:33 am)
Reply   No..
 Dawn sat down with him. She didn't like talking about her parents--she didn't really know them, but they were her parents and they were dead. "No, not really I wasn't even a year old whem my mother died and my dad died about a year later."

"Why'd he take you from your mom?" She asked. She would give anything to see her parents and Kirshna was taken from his--and didn't have a problem with it?

Kirshna and the Chessplayer
Unregistered User
(3/14/02 5:28 pm)
Reply   Such insolence...
 He tilts his head up to gaze at the stars sprinkling the night sky. The air is crisp and cool with the last remnant of winter. "My mother...Nerti...she wanted to kill me. She took many drugs while she carried me. That's why I'm so weak, now. That's why I get sick all the time."

A dark shape passes high overhead, a deep shadow against the twinkling stars, and Kirshna smiles. He can always count on Karkoum to watch over him. "Of course, Nerti is the only one who knows who my father is."

A voice breaks into their conversation. It is at once sweet as honey and rotten as decaying flesh baking in the sun. "And so in the heart of a kindred spirit do you both find gentle compassion and hope for the future. I can see why you would seek his company, Dawn."

The speaker is a 4-year-old girl standing on the edge of the fountain, frilly purple dress ruffling in the breeze. Her big blue eyes are locked on Dawn. "But you're a bad girl, Dawn. You didn't listen. You think you can ignore me when I give you a direct order? Such insolence must be punished."

Dawn and Kouken
Unregistered User
(3/14/02 5:45 pm)
Reply   Protection..
 Dawn nodded to Kirshna. "Oh," she said, "I didn't know." She didn't know if Kirshna liked talking about his mother--Dawn certainly didn't like talking about her parents unless it was with Caanan or Ravi. She remembered Caanan telling her stories of her father, Ciyran. Stories of when they were young and michievous, but Ciyran always had ways of getting them out of trouble.

Dawn's head immediately turned to the sound of the eirie voice and her heart was pounding, yet she didn't know what to do.

A black figure lingered in the shadows, white eyes tinted a light blue watched Dawn, ready to attack anything that may attack her. Claws dug into the earth then retracted, but he held his distance and contained his anger. He could see the fear building in Dawn's eyes, a fear he'd never seen. Her life had been in danger before but she never panicked--but oddly, when another person is involved she becomes worried. Kirshna and Dawn were alike, but Dawn was more bold and wild. Kouken inched closer, his eyes going from the little girl to Dawn and back again..

Dawn looked at the girl. "Why is it so important to you or someone else that I stay away from Kirshna? What are ou scared of?" She asked, her voice was oddly firm, not shaky.

The Chessplayer and Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/14/02 7:02 pm)
Reply   Orenda...
 The little girl hops down from the fountain, twirling one finger in her golden curls. "Silly Dawn! Kirshna is mine. His life is mine. His soul is mine. I was willing to leave you out of this, but you have forced my hand."

She skips over to a tree and peeks out impishly from around the trunk, eyes boring into Dawn's. "You think I can't back up my threats, don't you? Thought you were calling my bluff? But I know how to hurt you. I know what makes you scream. I know about Orenda and I know how to use it."

Kirshna has been watching in stupified silence, caught between what he is seeing and what he is hearing. But when she begins to threaten Dawn he rises and faces the child that is not a child. "Who are you?"

Those big blue eyes turn to him, and a vicious little smile lights up her sweet face. She ducks behind the tree, out of sight, and when she slides into view on the other side, she is no longer a little girl, but a tall figure cloaked in black, hood drawn up and a freakish white mask hiding his face. His voice comes in a metallic hiss that grinds through the air. "If you must put a name to me, call me Rintrah."

From inside his cloak he pulls out a small vial of clear liquid streaked with black, holding it up for Dawn to see. "You know what this is?"

Dawn and Kouken
Unregistered User
(3/14/02 7:21 pm)
Reply   Not..
 Dawn stood up when Kirshna did, her eyes focussing on Rintrah. Her eyes went wide as she saw Orenda, she remembered the night she spent fighting off it's symptoms and regaining conciousness. She swalloed hard, trying to keep a bold exposure. She wouldn't crumble. How did he know about Orenda? Dawn knew all she had to do was avoid any contact with it and she'd go unharmed.

"Kirshna, do you know him?" She asked, ehr voice bearly audible. She didn't know what Rintrah was capable of, but she wasn't willing to find out. She knew Kirshna was weak in physical combat and it had to be the night that she wore a dress and carried no weapons!

A deep, yet bearly audible growl rumbled in Kouken's chest as he saw the Orenda and his eyes focussed on Rintrah, waiting for Rintrah to make a move..

Anonymous

Rintrah and Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/14/02 8:18 pm)
Reply   The Sick Rose
 Kirshna is about to answer, when Rintrah cuts in. He is staring up at the stars, head leaning back against the tree. His hideous voice moves in poetic rhythm.

"O Rose thou art sick.
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:

Has found out they bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy."

The masked face turns, and Kirshna shrinks back under its gaze. "You don't know me," Rintrah says. "Ah, but I know you, Lord of Roses." Moving like a ghost, he slips through the shadows toward them. Kirshna backs up...Rintrah comes closer, reaches out a hand...

A shrill neigh splits the air. In the darkness on the other side of the garden is a blacker darkness. Xanthos rears up and trumpets again, then paws at the ground with one ebony hoof.

Rintrah stops. Kirshna would swear he is smiling behind that mask. "Someday soon, Dawn," comes the metallic voice, "when you are sad and alone, when you are curled up in a corner and weeping, just remember that it was all your fault. And when Kirshna is torn apart, remember that it is all because of you." He turns to glance briefly at Xanthos, then like a shadow in growing light he fades and is gone.

Xanthos trots over, nudges Kirshna's shoulder. In an odd sort of daze, Kirshna turns his violet eyes to Dawn. "Are you okay? What was in that vial?"

OOC: Hehe! I finally have an excuse to use that poem! Oh, and I didn't write it. It's by William Blake. Fitting, ne?

Dawn and Kouken and Ravi
Unregistered User
(3/14/02 8:40 pm)
Reply   Scared..
 OOC: Before you label Dawn as a "Wussie" as they say on Titus (*loves that show!!*), we all know that us girls just break down sometimes, listen to depressing music and are cry for no reason. That has contributed to her fear. k? Nuff said?

Kouken ran to Dawn's side as Rintrah approched Dawn and stood between Dawn and Rintrah. Dawn's hand sinks into Kouken's short, soft mane, her heart beating wildly.

Ravi comes running up int he distance and soon reaches Dawn right as Rintrah vanished. They both hug each other and Ravi can feel Dawn shaking, her voice was even shaky. Perhaps for the first time her tatoo is visable since she's wearing her dress. The black outline of a gryphon. Nothing but black, there was no colour, a mere tatoo of her heritage and it is out in the open.

Ravi immediately jumped to comclusions. "Did he hurt you, Dawn?" Ravi asked nodded his head to Kirshna and let go of Dawn, ready and willing to beat the living tarr out of Kirshna, but Dawn grabbed his arm, her hand shaking slightly--even though she tried to calm herself. She'd never been so scared of something, it's voice was frightening and his threats were too eirie and hurtful.

Ravi stopped and hugged Dawn again. Kouken answered Kirshna's question. It's Orenda. Dawn's a very special sort of mage, she's incredibly strong in both physical and magical combat but even the slightest drop of Orenda in her blood stream will make her weak and more and it can kill her. Her first encounter with Orenda almsot proved fatal, that was a few months ago, too.

Meanwhile, Ravi was asking Dawn questions and vice-versa. "Ravi, why are you here, anyways?" She asked.

"If you've forgotten I could feel your fear and I thought that maybe Kirshna decided to try something on you--or did his courtesants leave before you got here?" Ravi asked, sending a hateful glance to Kirshna.

Dawn shook her head. "He's not like that, Ravi, he told me about Sandi.. Someone didn't want me near him and brought Orenda and--" She was cut off, Ravi was obviously angry. Not at Dawn, at whoever could make her so shaky and frightened.

"Who?" He asked, now almost pacing.

"I don't know..." She said rubbing her head. She then looked at Kirshna, wondering what he was going to do now. Dawn really liked him, but she doubted that after that that he'd even want to see her again...

Kirshna
Unregistered User
(3/14/02 9:21 pm)
Reply   Do you have a safe place to stay?
 Just out of curiosity, Kirshna holds up his hand and tries to form the White Rose.

Nothing happens.

One hand rests on Xanthos' mane, while the other reaches out to lightly touch Dawn's arm. He does not appear as worried as she, but only because he has never had to solve his own problems before. Already he is thinking how he will explain this to Karkoum. "Are you okay, Dawn? Do you have a safe place to stay tonight?"

Craning his neck back, he looks up at the castle. Up there, somewhere, are Akkiel's rooms. "I need to tell Akkiel about this. But he's...busy at the moment. Where can you go that you'll be safe? You can stay here, if you like, though it doesn't seem like the castle is any protection."

Not for the first time in his life, he feels utterly useless, and wishes that he could actually do something rather than rely on other people who are stronger and more capable.

Dawn and Ravi and Kouken
Unregistered User
(3/15/02 7:42 am)
Reply   I dunno
 As Kirshna put his hand on Dawn Ravi brushed it away. He didn't want anyone near Dawn right now--not anyone who could bring her so much fear.

"Everyone's here, right?" Ravi asked Dawn. She nodded "Yeah, their all still dancing." She said, letting go of Ravi and standing between Ravi and Kirshna. Kouken began to look around the garden until he was sure nothing was there.

"I could take you to the Inn, I've been staying there.." Ravi said, but Dawn shook her head. "I want to be where Uncle Cadmus is."

Ravi would have protested and almost did, but if Cadmus could comfort her, then he wouldn't mind. "Then we'll stay at the castle. I'll tell Cadmus and the rest what happened."

Dawn shook her head again. "I don't want Caanan and Sachi worrying about me--They still have a wedding to plan." Dawn put her hand on Ravi shoulder to et his attention again, he was already thinking of what he was going to do. "Thank you for coming here, Ravi." She said, her voice gentle and sincere.

Ravi looked at Kirshna. "Take her to which ever room you feel is safest for her." He said, then, taking a last look at Dawn, he turned and walked away, going into the castle..

Kirshna and Xanthos
Unregistered User
(3/15/02 8:13 am)
Reply   ...
 "I don't think he likes me very much," Kirshna says as he watches Ravi leave. Suddenly the dark garden seems very threatening.

Xanthos lowers his great head, nuzzles Kirshna's cheek.

::safety::

The thought settles over Dawn and Kirshna like a warm blanket, calming and soothing. Then Xanthos trots away.

Kirshna's eyes follow Xanthos until the black horse is lost in the shadows of the night, then he leads Dawn back into the castle. "I think we'll be okay for awhile," he says.

He takes her to the safest room he can think of. Not far in one direction are his own rooms, and in the other direction are Dominica's. Akkiel's rooms are above, and below is the room Tuyen uses whenever he stays here. "Will this do?" he asks, opening the door for her.

Dawn and Kouken
Unregistered User
(3/15/02 8:22 am)
Reply   Yeah...
 Dawn smiled. "He's my brother, I don't think he's suppose to like you." She followed Kirshna quietly, Kouken would nuzzle her hand from time to time to tell her that everything was alright.

"Yeah, it's fine." She said, then asked. "Where are your rooms?"

Kouken sat down in the hall, giving them time to talk.

"I'm sorry for ruining your night, Kirshna." Dawn added.