Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Information and submission forms

Started by Rhindeer, December 17, 2008, 09:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Have you created an original race, creature, game, religion, or even a plant or guild, and you're interested in submitting it to the site so other people can be in on it, too? You've come to the right place!

Below are a series of forms. Just select the correct one and fill it out and post it here in the pending forum. ^^ Be sure to include all the relevant information, though you are by no means limited to it! If you can think of anything else you would like to include, feel free to do so, and feel free to get creative--you can alter the form as you see fit, include images, all that good stuff.

If we have any questions for you or need some extra info, we'll post in reply to your topic. If not, then we'll go ahead and move it to the right board. :3

Feel free to edit your submissions if you think of anything you'd like to add in later. :3

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Some things to keep in mind when submitting your creations!
  • Original creations only. Do not submit, for example, werewolves unless you have  created a very specific breed of werewolf. This is for things you have come up with on your own.
  • Please be thorough about the creation you're submitting. When you submit your creation, you are submitting them so that other players can play them, and they can't very well do that unless you give them all the information they need to play it accurately!
  • No absolutes in regards to the spiritual. In other words, if a species or religion has a savior/Chosen One figure, they may believe they are the savior of the world and worship them as such--but that doesn't mean they actually are. At most, they may be the literal savior of their own race or religion, but beyond that they may only think they are the saviors of other creatures. The reason for this is because many other races and religions may have similar figures in their mythology, or reject the idea altogether, and it's not really fair for one to trump all the others. xP
  • This includes personifications of, say, death to use an example. It can be a personification of that species'/religion's view of death, or even their particular death god, but it cannot be death itself though they are free to believe it is. This includes personifications of the planet, life, etc.
  • The technology level of any races submitted should not surpass that of the canon locations. For example, no races should have firearm technology unless they actually live in Connlaoth, and it should be no greater than what Connlaoth is currently capable of. Similarly, they really wouldn't have access to that technology anyway unless they worked for the military. Most races should not have technology higher than medieval-level technology and below.
  • Le'raana is a very large continent. If you wish to say your race has its own small nation/city (though it is preferred that the races make their homes within the already established locations), please be careful about its placement. For example, the Moraki desert is enormous, the jungles are largely unexplored, and the Yoreiq Isles are filled with many tribal nations. Many nations could easily fit in those places. But plunking a nation around a canon kingdom's borders could be dangerous.
  • Boards will not be made for these locations unless the creator has been a member for 1 year and there are a good amount of other players interested. Only then will the admins discuss the possibility of giving it a board.
  • Please keep in mind that we may not say yes to your race immediately if you are not an active member, or are a recent arrival. We would like to know that you will be around with your race, and that you understand the world.

BESTIARY FORM
[center][b][size=130]Beast Name Goes Here[/size][/b]
[size=90][i]beast[/i][/size][/center]

[b]1. Physical characteristics[/b]
Describe what it looks like, the typical temperament, things like that.
[b]2. Region[/b]
Is it native to a certain region/country? What kind of habitat do they favor?
[b]3. Special abilities and distinguishing traits[/b]
Any magical abilities, special skills, etc.?
[b]4. Life cycle[/b]
What's the average lifespan? When do they mature? Etc.
[b]5. Social Structure [/b]
Is it a social creature or does it live in groups? How do they behave around others of their kind? What is their society like?

RACE/SPECIES FORM
[center][b][size=130]Race Name Goes Here[/size][/b]
[size=90][i]race[/i][/size][/center]

[b]1. Characteristics[/b]
What do they look like? Do they have any special markings? Do they practice scarification? Tattooing? Piercing? How do they dress? What's their average height and build?
[b]2. Homeland[/b]
Are they native to a certain country or city (Adela, Connlaoth, Serendipity, Essyrn, etc)? Do they make their home in a certain region or mountain range (Moraki desert, Terrin mountains, etc)? Do they live in tribes? Clans? Small villages or cities like the mainstream races?
[b]3. Special abilities and distinguishing features [/b]
Any magical abilities, special skills, etc.? Please describe these abilities in full.
[b]4. Life cycle[/b]
What's the average lifespan? When do they mature? How many children do they have? How long is their gestation period?
[b]5. Cultural description [/b]
What's their society like? Any superstitions? Rituals? Anything that offends them that might not offend others? Do they have their own language? What kind of technology do they have? Weapons? Medicines? How do they get along with outsiders? Do they live amongst other races or keep to themselves?
[b]6. Religion[/b]
Any religious beliefs?

HERBARIUM FORM
[b][center][size=130]Plant Name Goes Here[/size][/b]
[size=90][i]plant[/i][/size][/center]

[b]1. Characteristics[/b]
What's it look like? Texture? Does it have a scent?
[b]2. Life-cycle[/b]
How long does it take to grow? How long does it live? Etc.
[b]3. Native to...[/b]
What region or country is it found in?
[b]4. Habitat [/b]
Does it like dry, sunny places? Damp, dark places? Deserts? Woodlands? Etc.
[b]5. Uses?[/b]
Is the plant poisonous? Does it have medicinal value? Religious value? Aesthetic value?

RELIGION FORM
[b][size=130][center]Religion Name Goes Here[/size][/b]
[size=90][i]religion[/i][/size][/center]

[b]1. Beliefs[/b]
What do they believe? Do they follow any gods? Monotheists, polytheists, animists, etc.?
[b]2. Ways of worship [/b]
Are there any rituals? Do they pray? Do they follow any texts, or is it an oral tradition?
[b]3. Standards of conduct[/b]
What moral codes do the followers adhere to? Do these standards extend to people outside their group (in other words, if one of their moral codes is to never lie, does that mean they shouldn't lie to anyone, or would it be acceptable to lie to people who don't follow their religion?)
[b]4. Organization of groups [/b]
Do they gather to worship in groups? Do they use a church, temple, etc.? Is it a solitary practice? If it is a group practice, is there a hierarchy?
[b]5. Who may join and how?[/b]
[b]6. History[/b]
If relevant.
[b]7. Holidays[/b]
Any holy days that are observed? What are the traditions?

GAMES
[b][center][size=130]Game Name Goes Here[/size][/b]
[size=90][i]game[/i][/size][/center]

[b]1. Rules[/b]
[b]2. How do you play?[/b]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa