Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Cool {Solo}

Started by Celegwen, April 26, 2018, 12:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

"I'm sorry!" Sunny said, her steps quick to keep up with her boyfriend's long strides. "Bren, listen to me!"

Brendan Chase stopped in his tracks, whipping around in his spot to face Sunny. He took a few steps towards her, making the Duhjari girl back up to the wall with her eyes actually holding a look of fear.

"Listen to you?" He asked, his voice a harsh whisper. The young man took a few uneven breaths, eyes darting and lips pursed, unable to formulate a sentence to convey what he was feeling. He looked around at the empty hallway, making sure no one was coming. Bren shook his head, rubbing his hand on his chin. "How the fuck can you ask me to listen to you after you've been lying to me?" He scoffed. "For seven years!" His voice was louder that time, and he backed off briefly to compose himself.

Celegwen

Sunny took a step forward, reaching out to put her hand on his shoulder. He jerked away from her, an obvious look of betrayal and pain behind his eyes. "You knew," he said quietly. "You knew for years and you let me go on believing that it was just me."

"That's not how it was," she pleaded. "You're my best friend! How could I hurt you?"

His forced laugh was all the answer she needed, but he decided to respond anyway. "You were supposed to tell me because you were my best friend. I trusted you with everything, but apparently you didn't trust me enough with this. I had to find out the truth from the school? Are you fucking kidding me, Sunny?"

Celegwen

"I don't know what-" She was cut short by his hand gripping her upper arm and pulling her with him down the hallway. "Hey, let go. Bren, let go of me."

His eyes were stony, and it was though he didn't hear a word she had said. She tripped slightly, awkwardly trying to keep up with his long strides, but kept following him. He brought her into an empty classroom and released her, closing and locking the door behind them. The girl looked at her arm where her skin was slightly darker from his grasp.

"You have to believe me," she said. "I was trying to protect you."

The young man narrowed his eyes, turning to face her with his lips parted slightly. "You lied to me," he said quietly. Sunny swallowed nervously, knowing that Bren's rage showed through silence, rather than explosion. "You lied straight to my face for years, so please, tell me why I have to believe you?"