Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Danger Lurks Everywhere {Dris}

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2010, 12:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Nidelia sighed as she walked through the forest.  "I'm running out of food guys, I'm going to have to go into town soon," she said unenthusiastically.

"Well then you get to it!" a dark green female ball thing said floating in the air in front of Nidelia as she walked.  "I mean, you're survival is key," she added seeing the dirty looks coming from the others.

"You know I can't just enter a city Serena, I mean, not without one of you checking it out and making sure my parents aren't there looking for me," Nidelia replied sounding a bit panicked by the thought of just rushing into a city.

"She's right Serena," another ball said, only that one was light blue.  "You know what will happen if her parents get their hands on her again," he added giving Serena a bit of a glare.

"But Aaron, how long is this going to go on?  It's been eight years," Serena said sighing softly.

"Mages don't give up that easily," a voice said underneath Nidelia's ponytail and came out.  It was another ball, only it was light green.  "Nor do they die easily either," the ball added floating up into the air.

"I wasn't talking to you Skip," Serena said glaring at him.  She was beginning to feel jumped.

"Be quiet!" said another females voice as a dark blue ball flew out from under Nidelia's ponytail and began to look around.  Nidelia froze in place looking around.  "What is it Alenia?" she asked in a whisper.

"Something or someone's coming," the dark green ball whispered back and began to fly off into the direction where she sensed the presence.  Everyone stood back waiting several minutes, then heard a loud shreak.

"SERENA!!!" Skip shouted as he flew after her.

"Wait Skip!" Aaron called as they all flew after him, Nidelia also following.  They kept walking for several minutes looking for her then saw her on the ground.  Nidelia ran over and picked her up.

"Serena!  Are you-" Nidelia was cut off and screamed as she was jumped on by a creature twice her size.  "Guys!  Help!" she managed to let out as she then noticed that all her imps were unconscious.  "HELP!!!" she screamed hoping someone would hear her.  The creature then flipped her over.  It was a werewolf and was getting ready to bite her.  "SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!" she screamed one last time before the werewolf hit her hard in the head and knocked her out.

Anonymous

Forests were so peaceful. It was why Saeilith had come to the forest. It was after all where he had met some very interesting people. Maybe that could happen again. Shrugging, he continued to walk. It was really nice to not be a prince. If that were so, he would have to have all those body guards around him and what not. Being a noble was just perfect. No need of too much protection, still had a lot of money.

"What nice weather today." Saeilith said to himself, his head tilted back, looking at the sky. While he usually didn't talk too much unless around his wife or her sister, when he was along, he could talk without anyone hearing it. What a day, it was finally a day without fighting, without trouble.

He frowned. The clouds that were approaching didn't look that good. Could be bad weather coming. Sael rolled his eyes and shook his head in annoyance. Why him? Bad luck seemed to follow him everywhere didn't it? Maybe it was time to head back now . . .

A scream echoed around him. It was not that loud, so it probably was far away.  Saeilith stood straight, straining his ears. He could vaguely make out the words the second time. Someone needed help. Sael shrugged, he always did have bad luck. Taking a deep breath, Sael began to run. It was but in a few moments, the voice had become so much louder. Jumping past a bush, he saw it.

It was a werewolf, or at least he thought it was. Cursing, Sael leaped back away from its claws that swung at him. It came dangerously close to his neck. Out of the corner of his eye he could see a young woman on the floor unconsious. Good, this way he wouldn't have to worry about her. Yet at least. Saeilith shut his eyes and let his power go to work. The werewolf closed and raised its claw to strike when Sael's eye snapped open. The earth rumbled and shook, causing the strike to miss. What more, the earth seemed to open up and eat the werewolf away. Then the earth closed once again, and everything was normal again. Well . . . as normal as it could have been.

Saeilith brushed his face with his sleeve. Using the power to that extent and controlling it was quite hard for him. Walking over to the young woman, he knelt by her and felt for a pulse. There was definately one, and strong. Saeilith shifted her body slightly, so she was more comfortable, and placed his cloak under her head. Moving a few feet away, he leaned against a boulder and waited.

Anonymous

The girl laid on the ground, but she didn't wake up first.  A light green ball creature flew into his face.  "Who're you?!" it snapped meanly.  "Get out of here!" he snapped once again as his wings started to glow.

"Calm down Skip," another one of the weird creatures said, only it was dark navy blue.  It flew over.  "Excuse my friend, he's being protective," the small thing said.  "My names Alenia," it said, obviously a female.  "I saw you save our friend, thank you very much sir," she said giving him a smile with her small mouth.

Anonymous

While it might have been strange to see what he was seeing, Saeilith actually didn't mind. He had seen far stranger things. This was a strange world as it was. He just stared indifferently at the light green ball creature. Then when the other, navy blue one came, he tilted his head slightly, a small bow. That was what it was. "No need for that, he is just trying to protect her." He indicated to the young woman lying on the floor. "And it was not a problem, nice to meet you Alenia." He smiled slightly. "I do hope you guys are all fine."

Sael tilted his head to look into the sky. It looked like it was going to rain soon. He really had no idea how to predict weather. With a sigh, he returned his gaze to the the weird creatures, Alenia and Skip. "Aah, My name is Saeilith Eideun, a pleasure to meet you all."

Anonymous

"My names Alenia and his name is Skip, as I'm sure you heard," she said nodding her small body in response to his nod.

"What's going on here?" another voice asked coming from a light green one, another male.  "Who is this?" he asked flying up.

"His name is Saeilith Eideun, he saved Nidelia whilst we were all unconscious," Alenia answered to the light blue ball thing.  "You should thank him Aaron," she said.

"Thank you very much kind sir, she would have surely died if it had not been for you," the small ball said bouncing in greeting.  "My name is Aaron."

"And I'm Serena," a dark green ball said floating up.  "And yes, thank you very much," she said also bouncing in greeting.

Anonymous

Saeilith watched to see more of such creatures appear. They also introduced themselves to him. This was another odd and unlucky meeting. Well, it wasn't that unlucky anymore was it now? He smiled slightly, not a big one, a hesitant smile, but still a smile. "Nice to meet the both of you too, Aaron, Serena." He watched the dark green ball float up closer to him and thank him. "Really now, stop thanking me, it wasn't that big of a deal . . . was it?"

He looked at the four of them, then at the young woman. "She's probably going to be all right eh?" Sael said. He looked at the four of them. "While we wait for her to come to, how about you explain to me, sorry for being a bit rude, what you are and why you are with her?" He indicated the unconscious woman.

Anonymous

"Well, you can sit down, because it's a long story," the light green one said as all four of them flew over and settled down on Nidelia's stomach and began to tell him the story of when they first appeared to Nidelia when her parents tried to turn her evil and how her parents were still after her, even now.

"In fact," said the dark navy blue one.  "I wouldn't be surprised if that was their werewolf and they were trying to slow us down," she said looking up at Sael.  "Which would mean that their on their way here right now, which is not a good thing," she added looking down.

"We can't fight them off again," the light blue one said with a sigh.  "Our powers have been dwindling recently and we don't know why," he said looking up at the guy.  "Which can mean bad things for Nidelia, because she's still learning to use magic and doesn't know how to fully protect herself yet."

Anonymous

Now that he thought of it, it did seem strange that there was a werewolf suddenly. And to attack someone? Not likely. Not without someone controlling them. The more that Sael thought about it, the more he had a suspicion that something was wrong. This wasn't right. It wasn't that easy to control werewolves. Saeilith frowned. Strange indeed.

He nodded to all four of them. "You guys sure are brave to still try and fight her enemies when you already know that you guys aren't strong enough." He said. "I have no idea what might be causing you all to lose strength, but I can help you get into a safer place? If you could consider a city a safer place."

Anonymous

"Well, that would depend on where it was in the city, because we tend to avoid those places due to the fact that her parents like to cause trouble in public places, to them the more casualties the better," Alenia said said.  "And we protect her because we don't have a choice," she added and looked over as Nidelia began to stir and the creatures flew over to her.

Nidelia sat up blinking.  "I'm not dead?" she asked confusedly.

"No!  This kind man saved you, his name is Saeilith Eideun," Serena said bouncing around happily.

Nidelia looked up at Saeil.  "T-thank you sir," she said smiling at him softly.  She was very thankful to this man, if it weren't for him, she'd be dead right now.

Anonymous

He watched with quite a bit of amusement, and almost chuckled to himself when the young woman seemed confused that she was still alive. It did distracted him a bit from pondering why her parents were so . . . odd? Messed? There couldn't be a word for it. Evil? Hmm. Saeilith shrugged.

"Yes yes, it was not a problem." Saeilith said, he was a bit lost in his thoughts. "It would have been done by any person, trying to save a beautiful young lady such as yourself." Compliments always helped.

He looked at the four creatures and asked a vague question. "So why do you guys have to?" It was strange really, to have to protect someone. If they wanted to, it seemed more right, but to be bound in some way?

Anonymous

"Because she created us," Alenia said and Aaron bonked into her.

"What she means is that Nidelia's being in so much danger called upon us, basically we're her lifeline, if she dies we die, if we die, well, hopefully she had time to get away," he said flying over and landing on Nidelia's shoulder.

"I don't understand it all the time either, if that helps," Nidelia said smiling softly.

Anonymous

Saeilith was nodding even before either Alenia then Aaron finished. He had gotten it from the moment Alenia finished her sentence. It was obvious. But Aaron further moved his knowledge of why they protected her and what was going on. He smiled a bit when Nidelia spoke. "Yes, well that does make me feel a bit better." He was faking that he didn't understand as much as he really did.

He adjusted his position and nodded thoughtfully to himself. "So then, a problem is now, is where can I leave you in a safe place where I won't have a need to watch you just in case of danger?"

Anonymous

"Um, I really don't know, unless you know someone you could leave me with?" she asked with a small shrug and an innocent smile.  She wasn't sure exactly what to say or do, let alone where he could leave her.

"She can't be left alone in a city," Skip said.

Anonymous

"Aah, well, I could probably find you someone who is safe enough to leave you with, it really isn't that hard, in a big city like this, while there are many shady people, there are quite a few trustworthy and powerful ones." Saeilith nodded to himself. "Anyways, we might as well get started toward the city you know? I'll find you someone safe when we actually get there . . . " he paused. "I can't really decide if you want to come with me or whatnot, so you have to choose."

Anonymous

"Yeah, I'll come," she said smiling as she pulled her hair back.  "I'll follow when you go," she said waiting for him to start walking.

All of the imps flew over to her and seemed to disappear into her ponytail.

Anonymous

It was another journey. Just another one. Sael was so used to helping others, and ending in bad luck situations that he really did not actually notice the danger much anymore.  He would be more then happy to lead the way into a city. Saeilith started walking, he didn't look back to see if Nedilia or her . . . imps were following. He had no doubt that they were.

"So tell me about yourself." Saeilith said. A conversation along the way was always better, but he made sure that he would not be talking a lot. "It might take a bit to get to town, so we might as well get to know each other a little better."

Anonymous

Nidelia blinked slightly at the man.  "Well, you know basically everything about me, the imps told you about my past and everything," she said watching in front of herself as she walked.  "And I've been wondering around making sure not to get caught by my parents since that night in the plains of Serendipity," she said sighing softly.

"And I've had practically no contact with any humans or other species except for my parents, my imps, that werewolf, and you," she said looking at him with a soft smile.  The smile looked slightly forced, as though something was paining her more than she was saying.

Anonymous

"I see." Saeilith was silent as he thought carefully. Nidelia was a nice enough person. That was why he was helping her. She deserved some help. He nodded. "You are quite a troubling person." He paused and winced. "Ah, sorry, I did not mean that in a bad way, just that your parents are . . . " He didn't say anything after that. He had no words to say anyway.

"Well then, it seems that while you don't have to tell me anything, you are hiding something . . . " Sael cocked his head as he looked back at Nidelia. "Perhaps I can be of service there too?"

Anonymous

"You're very observant," she said having ignored his first comment.  "Yes, but it is nothing that can be helped by you," she said bringing her arms up and crossing them behind her head as she walked.  "I have an issue with being around people due to the fact that I'm scared my parents might hurt them, especially ones close to me," she said looking at him.  "So, as you can see, it's nothing that can be helped," she added and continued on.

Anonymous

Yes, I do end up quite in odd situations with my just great observation skills." There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice as he said it. "I see, though I won't push it, the fact is, anyone can help someone else as long as they are willing to try and the other is willing to let." Sael shrugged. "You may think that it cannot be helped . . ."He walked on for a few moments before starting up again. "But even things such as that can be helped by others, if you know how." Seal coughed. "You just have to find the right person to be with and ask."