Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Airships?

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2010, 10:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Found nothing in the setting about airships, so i just wanted to make sure I'm not breaking any setting rules here.

I have an idea for a fairly wealthy merchant, obsessed with the idea of creating a working airship.  He's found a bunch of scrolls/books from some lost civilization, full of descriptions and illustrations of airships, accounts from passengers, etc.  No blueprints, but he's convinced he can build one.  Somehow.  Whether or not he'll ever succeed is unknown.

I just want to ensure I'm not breaking any rules before I turn him loose on the world.  xD

Anonymous

I think it would depend on the airship. <__<

Hell, the Wright Bros. flyin' machine wasn't much of a design, by today's standards, yet it could still, technically, be considered an airship. Stumbling through learning about aerodynamics would be a fun character I'd think. Lots of crashes. xD

Magic airplanes would also be an interesting concept. >__> Get a couple dozen mages working together to manipulate the air currents and you have a flying beast. 8D

Anonymous

Honestly what I had in mind for him was the type of airship in those old final fantasy games.  xD  Or at least that's the idea he's starting out with, no telling where it might go from there.

Anonymous

Ah, there is...something to do with airships, but it has to do with a race and island not currently brought into the system, and it will only be available to them, the technology that is, so I would say no, no airships. Basically if Connlaoth doesn't have it, no one else will. Except for this yet to be introduced stuff.

Anonymous

I like the idea of mages or the fact that Connaloath makes it but it's one or another and if you really want an airship I say go for the one from the old final fantasy games mainly because it's a better idea of a airship in a fantasy setting in my opinion

Anonymous

He can try (and fail) though, can't he?

Anonymous

Oh I'm sure he can still try and fail, but I'm not too sure about letting an actual airship exist within the countries. The admins can say more on it, I am but a lowly mod T_T

Anonymous

I'll wait for an admin's clearance then.  And if they say no, I'll just have to rewrite him a bit, then.  xP

Anonymous

I've got admin official word Fiend, and no one from the mainland will have airships or be able to make them.

Anonymous

Alright, I understand.  Do I have permission to at least let him try?  Failure guaranteed of course, he just won't know he's doomed to fail.  xD  

If not, it's cool, I'll find him something else to be obsessed with creating/inventing/etc.

I definitely don't want to screw up the setting, and i'm sorry if I'm being a pain, I just think it'd be great fun to play a guy obsessed with the idea of making an airship.

Anonymous

I think it's best if you just don't try and perhaps have him obsessed with something else xDD It's a delicate sort of thing cause it's all...it's just crazy. I don't know for sure, and the admins are pretty hesitant I suppose, but I'd just say for now to try something else!

Anonymous

Alright, no problem.  Thanks for the help, Shizzy.

Anonymous

If any admin wants to correct me, they can and probably will, like I said, I don't exactly xD

Anonymous

well if you dont have an idea how about a dragon ship its a kind of pirate ship carved to look like a dragon imbued with a dragons soul which makes it sentiet and such and its more of an epic quest for you to find the supplies