Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Well, I wasn't expecting that (Dris!)

Started by Anonymous, February 16, 2010, 11:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Oh Shahira did like this flattery. Why couldn't Morgan have been more like this one? That stupid demon. If he wasn't so damn powerful, Shahira would have sent him back where she got him.

"Because you would get to hold me. And that is a reward I'm not ready to give you." The fae woman smiled over at Vaelyk. She was going to enjoy this. She could almost feel how much he wanted her and she loved it. This was what she was used too, what she deserved.

Her immortal blood gave Shahira far more strength and endurance then she looked like she should have. Nothing compared to the demon, but the climb didn't even seem to wind her. Zahi scrambled along ahead of her, often darting off to go retrieve some pretty flower or a shiny rock that he would clutch to his chest until a new object caught his attention.

"Stars? I know a little. I can read their signs and some people can draw power from them. But, I never really have paid them much attention. Why?"

Anonymous

It was not that hard to read humans. Or Shahira for that matter. She might not have been human . . . but it wasn't that different. He wasn't comparing her to humans. Not really. All he was doing was confirming that she liked all the flattery that he had said. Then again, anyone would like to be rained upon with flattery. Nice words and comments could get people anywhere . . . almost anywhere.

Vaelyk grinned but said nothing. He did concede to the point though. Even if no one knew that he did. It was something given. "hmm." A half smile twitched his lips. He did want her; he had said so. Vael had no idea where this could go, where it was going now, but he hoped into good places.

Together, they climbed up higher and higher up the mountain. While he had no idea what mountain that it was, any mountain could work. He would have to gather his powers on this. While it was a simple thing to do, it took a great amount of magic and power to do so. But it would be worth Shahira's . . . happiness . . . surprise.

"Well . . . tonight, I will be showing you something . . . spectacular, something that will surely make you happy." Vaelyk grinned. "Want to guess what the surprise might be?"

Anonymous

Shahira was an open book. A blind, dead mute probably could have read her. She basked in attention and fed on compliments. As vain as she was, Shahira had no idea she was so easy to manipulate.

The trek up the mountain wasn't hard, though Shahira disliked nature. It had been part of the reason she had never gotten along with the fae. Her ability to summon and bind demons had just been the final straw. Give her a city any day. Summoning demons was just easier out in the woods. The power, the blood, the lack of people to bother her.

"I hope it will be." Once they reached the top, Shahira glanced around, wanting a place to sit. Eventually she settled for a rock, leaning against it, long dark legs crossed at the ankle, "I have no idea what you are planning. I'm excited to see."

Anonymous

There was much to do. Vaelyk knew that if Shahira wasn't satisfied, he would lose her. Not that he felt that he was going to fail. In fact, he felt almost positive that his . . . surprise was a good one. At that point in the journey, he began to gather his magicks, what he was required to do

As they finally arrived at the top of the mountain, he had gathered by far, more than enough to do what he planned to do.

"My beautiful lady, please look into the sky and concentrate," Vaelyk said and began whispering ancient magic. Even as he finished Vael could see the shift in the sky. All of a sudden the sky went completely white and Vaelyk grinned. "My lady Shahira, watch carefully and you will see what you want the most  come true in the sky."

Soon the blinding light was gone and all was left was a vision in the sky . . . of Shahira destroying his village. There was much laughter from Shahira's part,  but that was what she desired.

Anonymous

One hand stroking Zahi's head, much to the little creatures delight, Shahira watched the demon. She was curious to see what her new pet would do with all this magic he had gathered. She did love presents after all.

Eyes lifting to watch the sky, Shahira was rather intrigued. It was an odd gift, but as the images took shape, her perfect lips started to curl into a smile. Her mother screaming, her sister already dead. The beautiful, harmonious town in flames. It was what they deserved. No one kicked her out. Her hand curled into a fist over Zahi's head, the ugly creature turning to look up at her.

"Yes. And soon, this wont be a vision. With you now, I can go pay my family a little visit."

Anonymous

Perhaps it was because he was connected to Shahira that he was able to see what she saw, but somehow he did. It had never worked that way. He watched as a town turned to flames and burned as the devil had come for it. He watched people scream and dead bodies pile up on the ground. Vaelyk could almost feel the vicious happiness that Shahira was feeling about what was happening. While he usually did not like such atrocities, he kind of liked it, or maybe that was his connection with Shahira.

Shaking his head a few times to get rid of strange thoughts he was getting. Not so strange for a demon, but strange for him. He felt like killing someone and torturing them over and over. That was not like him. Vael was the type to just kill them slowly once and get it over with. Not that it was much better some would think. The sound of Shahira talking broke his disturbing thoughts.

"Of course, whatever you wish, my lady," Vaelyk gave a small bow. "When shall we leave for them?"

Anonymous

Shivering in delight, Shahira let out the breath she had been holding. Yes. Soon it would be a reality. She stood, giving Zahi's head one last stroke, the creature pressing up against her leg, "Soon my pet. We need to collect Morgan first."

She started back down the mountain, lost in her own thoughts of revenge and punishment. She could summon Morgan at anytime, but she would rather call him once she was in town. Plans needed to be made before her home town would come toppling down.