Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yay, Vancouver! Yay, Olympics! (8 pictures)

Started by Anonymous, February 17, 2010, 11:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So! Since I live, oh, fourty-five or so minutes away from where the 2010 Olympics are taking place ( Hour and half if you use public transit <_< like meee) I went down there today to people watch!

I Saw! Adorable little children in full Swedish colours, had their faces painted and everythere. Many Finnish people, two germans, and four russians (one was for SURE an Olympian, she seemed quite nice. Iffy on two more, but they were dressed like she was, so I can only assume. The last was rather old looking and knew what the word 'left' was. Also, Russian sounds a bit like chinese to the untrained ear!) And because of public transit also known as skytrains and me being seated, I had a very tall russian man's butt five inches from my face for about ten minutes. I didn't mind, it was a nice butt ( Dude was TALL, I was BARELY up to his bicep and I had two inch heel-type-things on.)

ANYWAY.

I only got a few pictures I liked. x3

Here's the cauldron. It's gorgeous. As far as I'm aware it's made of steel and glass, and It's such a beautiful work of art. The chainlink fence is used to keep people away from it because I can imagine it being quite fragile. Our pretty green mountains in the background, WH00T for Spring Olympics. (Those are the SMALL mountains. xD)

THEN, I saw all the cute welcome thigs.

o_o this one is just huuuuuge.

Pretty sure they had just about every language attending the olympics on those signs, but I could only find those two languages. XD Ah well.

Ugly Albino Sasquatch? o_o it was in a store window. Seemed... uh... Pretty.

this crowd of people was watching a bunch of break dancers. Another awesome thing was a lady painted in bronze pretending to be a statue. x3 I missed a picture of her though, she was cool.

THIS crowd was actually a line up to go into a building and hold a gold medal. |: It isn't a crowd at all, we walked past this and were amazed people would line up for hours for it.

And last but not least, a patriotic throw in. XD  Of course.

I think we have a pretty flag, myself.

I have NEVER seen so many canadian flags in my life. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. HOLY CRAP. o_o