Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Aha! See, I knew it was here all along...

Started by Anonymous, December 31, 2004, 10:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[MOVED THREAD]

William
Unregistered User
(1/21/04 2:56 pm)
Reply  Aha! See, I knew it was here all along..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Willia smiled as he brushed a few branches out of his way and came upon a.. dirt road? Wonderful. They were in the boonies. As if his luck couldn't have gotten any worse. He travelled with the most annoying prissy girl he'd ever met, he was in the middle of no where and had to get back quickly for fear of the entire worlf literally going to Hell!

As he continued on, walking down the road, a massive castle appeared in the distance and as he looked to see what was before them, a village.. A village that looked like something from a movie about King Arthur. If all the castles had been blown up after a few of the last World Wars, then it was impossible for him to be here. Unless...

"Jesus Christ no!" William said bitterly to himself, his hands coming up to his face as he brushed his black hair from his eyes and sighed. "Of all the portals, ours just 'ad to throw us back in time to the bloody age of King Arthur?!"

He continued onward the thr village, mumbling under his breath: "We're f-cked. I'll be stuck here with her ferever!"

Well, no Scottsman could swear as much or as passionately as William, that was certain.

"Great, just bloody great!" He said, eyes wide as he looked around...
(1/21/04 3:18 pm)
Reply   WHAT!?!?!?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Alice's eyes grew wider and wider as she followed after William into the village. A...castle? With a village...that looked like something from the old fantasy novels she used to read? What!?

Where the hell were they!? Where did William lead her to!? A movie set!? But no, it couldn't be a movie set! It was all too real! That castle was certainly no miniature!

With a gasp, she ran forward and after William, and in her shock and alarm tapped on his arm. "Ahhh...lad? Where...where are we...?" she asked, her voice shaky.
(1/21/04 3:32 pm)
Reply  The Land of Oz.. WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?!
 When Alice tapped William's arm, she had tapped a wound he'd suffered when he had hit the side of the mountain. His shirt had shifted so tht the part where it had torn was now over untorn skin and where he was truly injured was under his shirt. The long gash went from the top of his arm to the centre of his back in an almost perfectly horizontal line. William cringed, now feeling the wound after Alice so kindly emphasized the pain.

"We're in th' Land of bloody Oz! What does it look like?" He asked, truly in no mood to be asked stupid questions. How was he going to get home now? They needed a mage or something.. Anything!

"If I don't get back within a few days yeh won't haf teh worry about it cause there'll be nothin to go back teh." He told her bitterly. "Now, try askin' around and figure out just where we are..." He instructed her as he looked about to find someone who looked approachable but to him, most of these people looked like barbarians...
(1/21/04 4:33 pm)
Reply  AHHHH!!!
 She gave a loud, annoyed sigh. Argh! Why couldn't she get any straight answers from him! He was the most stubborn, cruel, cold man she'd ever met!

"Well, I would think you'd know since you got us here!" she snapped back. "An' stop being such a bloody downer, and don't order me 'round!" Of course, she knew what he asked of her was only common sense...but he didn't have to be so pushy and crabby about everything! This was all his fault, anyway, so why was he so moody with her!? She didn't asked to be saved! If he didn't like her being around him, well that was his own fault! He made his bed! Now he could lay in it! She was sticking by him to the end, now!

She turned on her heel and marched away from him, looking for someone to ask questions to. The first person she found to be approachable was an elderly woman herding along what must be her grandchildren.

Alice paused near her, brushing strands of long brown hair from her green eyes. Her eyes ran over the woman, noting her peasant clothes, and the clothes of the children. Just like something out of a old English movie... she thought, then cleared her throat to get the woman's attention.

"Ah...ma'am...excuse me, but...where is this?" she asked quietly.

The woman gave her a very odd look, her eyes passing noticeably over Alice and her own casual garmentsâ€"a jean skirt and a simple blue shirt and tennis shoes. And that woman probably thought she was dressed funny!

"Why, dear, you're in the kingdom of Adela, of course," the grandmotherly woman replied, her voice tinted with curiosity. Alice smiled, said a quick "thanks!" and returned, with some hesitation, to William.

"Th' place's called 'Adela', and apparently it's a kingdom," she told him, a question in her voice.
(1/21/04 4:45 pm)
Reply  Adela?
 "Well, since yeh never wanted to be saved, I might as well just leave yeh here. I'm sure the locals would love someone who could irritate a wall." He called after her as she marched off.

When she returned to him, he though about it. Adela? "There's no such Kingdom in our earth's history," he said, losing his angered tone and taking on one of thought.

"We aren't even on earth, then..." He concluded, his eyes staring off into space. He snapped out of it and looked to Alice again.

"We'll need to get some money and get a place to stay until we can find a mage or somethin' like'em" He informed her. "Oh, but yeh don't want me t'order yeh around, so I guess I'll go find a place to stay and yeh can hope the locals are as kind as yeh are." He said with a smirk, turning and walking off...
(1/24/04 11:58 am)
Reply  WHAT!?!?!?!?!
 "WHAT!? Not on Earth!? Where are we, then?" Alice questioned frantically, following after him. "Then where are we!? Can't we get back? Y' opened a portal thingy, didn'tcha? Can't y' open another one? And no! I'm not leaving! Y' dragged me into this!" And she didn't dare leave his side, no matter how much she currently loathed him. He kenw more about this than she did!

Oh, God! I'm going to be stuck with him forever!! Alice's thoughts wailed as she followed after William. She would positively go insane after too long!

The man could irritate a brick!

She took what she hoped was a deep, calming breath. "...Alright. So...how d'you propose we get money?"
(1/24/04 2:07 pm)
Reply  Technically..
 Well, technically William didn't open the portal.. Actually, he'd thought it had been the one his mentor had opened for his escape but it appeared that someone else had done it--perhaps to get rid of him? Oh well, what was done is done.

"We're in Adela. You know tha'," he said with a smirk. "And y'can't just go around openin' portals. Atleast I can't--how about you, lass." He asked, again with smirk. Well, he knew he irritated her as much as she did him. So why not play off it.

For no reason at all he was finding the fact that she was abosolutely frantic amusing.

"Give me anything of value yeh 'ave on you." He instructed. Ah, but there he went again with those orders. "We'll sell what we can and other than tha' I hope yer not against stealin'."
(1/27/04 2:21 pm)
Reply  Whatever.
 "Stealin'!? Here?" Well, the answers to that were obvious, but that wasn't quite what she meant. She quickly began to examine the pockets of her jean skirt for anything that might be of value. "'Aven't y' read any of th' history books!? Y'know what they didâ€"doâ€"to thieves in medieval time periods!? Prison with rats, cut off hands, and worse!"

Her rummage through her pockets bore no results, so, with a sigh, she brought her hands to her neck and unclasped the silver Celtic Knot necklace she wore. She then set to work on removing her bracelets and rings, though she doubted many of the bracelets she wore would be of any value to anyone here; a lot of them were only plastic jellies.

She handed William the ones that were actually worth something, if only a little, and the ones that looked like they were worth something. Hopefully, that would be enough to let them get by without stealing...she would do anything to avoid going that route!
(1/27/04 2:33 pm)
Reply  then don't get caught!
 "All the more reason not t'get caught, lass." He said with a smirk as he began going through his pockets... Well, all he had were his weapons and they were things he needed, especially here.

"Nah, let me 'ave the cheap ones. These people don't know they're made'a plastic. I bet they've never seen some o' these colours," he said then turned and quickly went to work.

"C'mon, get yer.. ah.. jewlery! Highest bidder gets the most colourful--and the most rare!" He shouted, holding out probably the cheapest of them all. Among the peasents walked out some lords and ladies and William showed them off like he knew what he was doing.

"Aye, from the lands o' London far beyond th'great sea! Jewels un'eard of here, lads. Step right up!" He was lying through his teeth and didn't seem to even flinch or pause at anything. When someone asked about one of the bracelets, another like would sprout like a new blade of grass and nods of knowledgement followed. Some either acted as though they knew of the lands or others were surprised to hear of things coming from them.

Once William was finished he had filled his pockets with silver and gold coins enough that he would almost need another pocket to fill with all the money!

"And you wanted us to steal," William teased with a grin. "Pitty we could only sell your things, but if we sold my lot we'd be defenseless.. Unless y'wanted tha' lass," he asked, turning to look at her as if he might actually do it.
(1/27/04 3:53 pm)
Reply  Hey!
 She watched as William worked his magic, and traces of amusement glinted in her eyes. Well...hopefully the'd get enough so they wouldn't have to resort to stealing. There was no way she'd do that!

There'd have to be someone left to bail the other out.

Erg...much as she loathed to admit it, as long as she was here, she had no choice but to stick close to William. He was the only one with any inkling of what was going on, and her only ticket out of here.

She winced slightly, as that thought brought up thoughts of home, and she was quick to halt her train of thought and think of something else.

When it was over, and William's pockets were filled, she couldn't help but smile a little. He'd been more successful than she thought he would be. However, that smile quickly faded when William spoke and mentioned the word "steal", and she quickly put a finger to her lips and shushed him. "Not so loud!" she warned, glancing around as though to make sure no one overheard. Never hurt to be too cautious! Especially in unknown territory...
(1/27/04 4:15 pm)
Reply  Oh lord.
 William sighed and rolled his eyes. "Still uptight, are yeh? Lord! I lie through my teeth t'get yeh a bed t'sleep in and yer still not 'appy with that!"

And with that said, William walked off, glancing at the inn signs. Well, with all this money they might as well sleep somewhere that looks half decent.

"Well, yeh can pick the place, then." William said, finally. He truly could have gone just sleeping in the grass but Alice? She looked like the type who would go through a dozen hotels until she found one up to her standards... And with William's luck, she do the same with these Inns... He could only imagine what he'd just gotten himself into.
(1/31/04 8:06 pm)
Reply  Alrighty then!
Grrr...Alice made a point not to respond to his comment, and instead walked on ahead of him when he suggested she choose the inn. Alright, then. She'd find them one, and a good priced one at that! Who knew how long they were going to be here, anyway? They'd need to conserve their money...

She glanced up at the signs swinging from the buildings they passed, and only stopped when, finally, her eyes passed over the sign of an inn that, from the outside at least, didn't appear too shabby nor too expensive. There was a bit of wear and tear on the outside, and a good deal of paint had peeled off the sign and door, but it didn't look horrible.

She glanced back at William. "How about this?" she suggested, her tone decidedly neutral.
(1/31/04 8:21 pm)
Reply  travel guide?
 William glanced back to Alice as she called back to him. "Wha? Do I look like a travel guide?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow. "Knock yerself out if yeh like it."

And with that he sided her and gave her a handful of money, not knowing how much it'd cost or what each coin was worth. "Get it taken care of," he added before he walked off and down the street...
(1/31/04 8:42 pm)
Reply  Where are YOU going?
 She looked quickly back at William as he decided to take off, leaving her with a handful of the strange coin. "'Ey! Where are y'going?" she called after him, then sighed irritably, shrugged, and opened the door to the inn and walked inside.

She was greeted almost instantly by the innkeeper, a grandfatherly-looking man who was all too eager to offer she and the currently absent William a room. Apparently, from the looks of things, this particular inn didn't get much business next to the other inns Alice had passed, many of which had been constructed much more elaborately. Well...elaborately for the times, Alice supposed.

Money was exchanged, Alice giving him the amount he asked forâ€"three Gold and one Silver...well, she supposed the silver ones were the Silvers and the gold colored ones were the Goldsâ€"and then the man had his wife lead Alice to the room she and William would be staying in.

"'Ere you are, Miss," the innkeeper's wife told her, opening the door to the room...

...which, to Alice's complete and total horror, had only one bed. One large bed.

ONE BLOODY BED!?!?

"Ahhh...ma'am...there, uh, appears t' only be one bed in there..." Alice told the woman haltingly, still staring into the room in horror.

The woman looked back at her, her eyes wide with confusion. "Why, O'course there is, Miss," she said. "For you an' yer man, certainly!" And then, before Alice could protest, she was scurrying away, back to whatever duties she had, leaving Alice flushed red with embarrassment and indignation.

ARGH!

With an exasperated sigh, she marched into the room, shut the door, and jumped onto the bed. Fine, then. If there was going to be only one bed in this room, then it was first come first serve!

She didn't bother to go find William, either. he was so smart...he could find this room on his own!
(1/31/04 8:53 pm)
Reply  riiiiight.
 William returned to the Inn after about twenty minuts. He leaned over the front desk and began to talk to the Inn keeper, actually acting much more amiable then ever possible.

"Thank yeh kindly, sir." He said as the Inn Keeper handed him an extra key.

He walked into the room and cocked an eye brow. Of course there was only one bed! The Gods were having a regular party watching he and Alice annoy each other--so why not just give them one bed and to top it off, Alice was already in the bed!

"Why do you look so 'appy? If yeh think yer actually going to get the bed, yeh got another thing comin'. Unless yeh know how t'sleep with one eye open, lass." William warned as he emptied his pockets and stood at the end of the bed, looking at her...
(2/1/04 8:06 pm)
Reply  Don't you dare...
 Casually, Alice put her hands behind her head and leaned back on the pillows. She had effectively positioned herself in the center of the bed, and the look she gave William was a "try anything and die" sort of look.

"It's first come, first serve, lad. An' don'tcha dare try anythin', 'coz you'll regret it," was all she said.
(2/2/04 3:25 pm)
Reply  Oh? I will, will I?
 William could have thrown his head back in laughter, but decided not to express the humour in it all. Him, regretting taking a bed from her? Maybe she didn't understand the physical strength one must have to ward off demons and others of darkness.

"Oh, is tha' right?" He asked, cocking his head as if truly curious. "An' wha' makes yeh think you'd stand a chance against me?" He asked again, then shook his head. Well, wouldn't it be more entertaining to give her a false sense of security. Let her think he wasn't going to get the bed--for he was, one way or another.

Right now his wound called for attention, though. He sat down on a chair and took off his shirt. He was very handsom, his body well toned. He tried to get a clear look at the gash across the back of his arm which lead to the center of his back. Looked pretty deep but after being int he bitter cold he had forgotten about it and the pain had just become a soft annoyance, bearly even noticeable... Until now as he looked at it and touched it in attempt to see t he severity. Hmm.. What to do? No medical supplies...
(2/2/04 7:03 pm)
Reply  Nyah!!
 She didn't answer him, simply gave a little dismissive snort in reply. Let him think what he wanted, because if he tried anything, he would be sorry. She grew up with two brothers, one older than her! And she had learned quite a few tricks that way! And she wasn't afraid to test them out, either.

Her brothers...the thought of them suddenly made her very aware of where she had come from, what had happened, and...and what William had said. She quickly pushed those thoughts from her mind before the emotions could emerge and the tears well.

She sank deeper into the pillows, and it was then that William decided to remove his shirtâ€"and when she noticed the horrible wound stretching across the back of his arm and back. She winced for him as he touched it and sat up.

"Don' touch it!" she told him quickly. "That's a good way t' get it infected. Look, y' need any help?" she offered. No matter that he irritated the hell out of her. He was hurt, and pretty badly, and she could push aside her own biases long enough to help someone who needed it, whether or not she personally liked them or not.
(2/2/04 7:18 pm)
Reply  Sperm-o-Licious!
 "Well wha' do yeh propose I do, then?" William said as she nagged him not to touch the wound. well he knew touching it could infect it, but with his luck that'd have already been accomplished. Maybe it was just him, but the village seemed kind of dirty--maybe it was just him!

"Y'know I wouldn't be in this kinda predicament if yeh didn't weigh nine 'undred pounds!" He added. Well, even if she obviously didn't weigh it, the impact sure made her feel like she did.

He let what she said slide.. Help? She probably didn't mean it, or was just sucking up to him to make the situation better. Ha! Fat chance. William didn't hide his annoyances and she was one of them!
(2/3/04 2:57 pm)
Reply   Imagine what people would think if they read this thread...
 Alice rolled her green eyes at his comment about her weight, and bit back a retort of her own about his own size. No, no, that'd only get him to lash back, and right now, she was starting to feel a bit fatigued and didn't really want to deal with that.

"Well, for one, I propose you find some clean water an' wash out that wound," she told him simply. "And somethin' to bandage it up with." She shrugged. "The people 'ere must have things to treat injuries with, obviously. If we just browse around, we could find out, and get you treated. Better than it getting worse than it is..." she suggested.
(2/3/04 3:07 pm)
Reply   That we prefer emoticons with a little spice in their life?
 William glanced over at Alice. He hated other people telling him what to do. He hated it. He didn't care whether she was right or wrong--she knew she was right--it was the fact that she assumed he was a complete dolt and couldn't figure that out on his own. Or at least, it was how he saw it.

"I knew tha', lass." He said. "I was just checkin' it t'see how severe it was."

And with that he stood and walked out the door. Alice was tired, she could get a rest before he came back and took the bed over.

He went out and asked the Inn Keeper's wife if they had any clean water and, after seeing his wound, lead him to a barrel of clean water and left him a towel. He used the towel to soak up the water, then pad the wound with it until he felt he'd cleaned it enough. Then he tore his shirt and tied it around his arm. As for his back? He was at a loss... He'd have to make use of something else...
(2/3/04 3:48 pm)
Reply   Did I hear Spice? "People of the world! Spice up your l
 She shook her head, giving a small sigh. "Well, if you knew, then why'd you ask me?" she asked, but he was already out the door by the time her sentence was complete. Oh well. Let him think what he wanted.

Once he was out of the room, she let herself burrow beneath the covers, strategically entwining the sheets around her body. She was going to get at least a few decent hours of sleep, and if he wanted the bed before that time, he'd have to wrestle her out of the covers, first.

Before long, sleep had claimed her...

And with it, came the nightmares...
(2/3/04 4:25 pm)
Reply  Spice in their life, and their pants!
 When William returned he looked about the room for something he could sue to wrap around his torso and bandage the wound on his back. Well, he could always use the sheet covers--ah! That gave him a plan.

Grabbing all the covers by untucking them from the bottom of the bed, he yaked them off the bed and off Alice all in one quick motion. He hit a snag once, but quickly overcame it. How he got them off her was a mystery in itself, but then again she'd done it so he couldn't come from the side and take them.

"Well, yeh wanted the bed. Yeh can 'ave it." He said with a smirk and layed all the blankets down on the floor in one rather cozy little nest. A pillow had flopped off the bed too, in the great epic.

William made his bandage out of the end of a thin sheet and once he was done with it, still sitting on his mound of blankets. He then sank into the mound and put some over him, glancing over at Alice with a smirk. She could have the bed for all he cared, now. Wouldn't be very comfortable without the blankets...
(2/9/04 4:05 pm)
Reply  ARGH!!!
 "AGH!!!" was all Alice could say as, quite suddenly, she found herself half on and half off the bedâ€"and with no covers.

She moaned into the pillow. "If ya didn't look so dead already, I'd kill you," she muttered tiredly. Already, she was starting to get cold...but she wasn't about to admit it!
(2/9/04 4:19 pm)
Reply  << William
 William glanced over at Alice. "You and wha' army?" He asked with a grin before burrying himself further in the covers.

William slept well that night. Totally unphased by the fact that he'd left Alice without covers and with a rather cold draft from the window cracks and room door.

He didn't wake up until nearly noon and by then he had successfully wrapped his legs through all the blankets, one arm was actually losing circulation because of being entwined so tightly and it wasn't until he felt the numbness in his hand did he batt an eye open.

Slowly, he sat up and stretched, but stopped when the wound on his arm began to ache. He glanced over to where Alice had been sleeping but didn't see her. Well, if he was lucky she'd have been kidnapped in the night.

He stood up and kicked the sheets into a pile around his pillows. He ran his fingers through his rather messy hair though it didn't do much good--he'd need some product. Oh well, maybe the village had something good to buy, anyways--and he was starving.

"Eh--uh, Alice?" William called, glancing down the hall as he opened the room door.
(2/9/04 4:36 pm)
Reply  What!?
 "What?" Alice called back, turning. She had just been about to head out the door and find something to eat. She had always been an early riser, and she tended to rise hungry, especially since she hadn't had much to eat the day before. Then again, her nerves would have also prevented her from eating even if she'd had food sitting right in front of her.

She was still tired, but she didn't let it show. Between bouts of shivering, she hadn't gotten too much sleep. Man, she hated him...

That was one of the main reasons she woke up early today, a little earlier than usual. She had been so cold! She certainly wasn't dressed for this weather, in a long jean skirt and short sleeved shirt, but at least getting up and about warmed her a bit.
(2/9/04 4:49 pm)
Reply << WILLIAM
 [OOC: Adjusting his appearance: BRING ON THE PIERCINGS! *runs to update his bio*]

William smirked. "A little angry are we, lass?" He asked as he came to open the door she had been just about to open and step through.

She was angry. Good, he had struck a chord. He had no obligation to be nice with her, she was someone he was stuck with being around. Under normal circumstances he would have never even given her a second glance she didn't look like she was easy and he certainly didn't need any type of relationship and certainly not with her type!

"Well, is the little princess hungry or just bitter 'cause she was beaten for a few sheets last nigh'?" He asked, the smirk still on his face.

As he stepped outside, the cold clung to his many earings. Well, he was used to cold, though he usually had a good coat and hat to shield from it.

"Pick a place, then." He told her, glancing at all the stores.
(2/9/04 6:56 pm)
Reply  Me? Angry?
 Alice refrained from answering him, and instead followed him outside, then walked on ahead of him when he told her to pick a place. She just didn't want to bother. No matter what she said, he'd find a way to reply with an insult, and she just wasn't in the mood.

She loathed people like him.

She was also aware that she didn't yet know his name, but...eh, she was in no hurry to learn it. He was a jerk, and if she asked a simple question like that, he'd just probably go ahead and insult her more.

Very frustrating. Why, of all the people in the world, did she have to get stuck with him!? They were polar opposites in every possible way! Why!?

She shoved her hands into the pockets of her jean skirt and trudged on ahead. Life was so not fair.

She glanced upwards at the signs of the buildings they passed, but also gazed around at the village about them. Now that it was daylight, she could better observe everything, and it looked just like a village straight from one of those King Arthur movies. Exceptâ€"

Whoa, except those medieval-themed movies never had people with wings in them! Or, at least...things that might have once been wings...

Sitting relaxedly beneath a tree, a young man sat, long blonde hair flowing freely about his shoulders, save for the strands of hair that were trapped within a few small braids. His eyes were lowered as he held a set of pipe flutes to his lips, blowing gently into them to create a soft, light-hearted melody. But it wasn't the man himself that caught her eye. It was the set of wings that sprouted from his back and were crushed carelessly against the tree he sat against. At least...they looked like wings. But they were crushed and mangled, the irredescent, pearly membranes torn up.

Alice gaped openly, and the man happened to glance up and notice her, and smiled pleasantly but amusedly, though his tune didn't falter a bit despite the distraction.
(2/9/04 7:26 pm)
Reply  << William
 William followed behind Alice, finding none of the beings in the village strange. Hell, he battles demons daily, someone with a third eye hardly proved as a cause for concern.

He stopped as he saw a small restaurant which reminded him of a coffee shop. "Wha' about this--" He stoppedin midsentance, seeing Alice being enthralled in some winged man.

"Take a picture, lass. Should last longer." He said. "Well, it would if we had one. Write tha' down. Next time we end up in a foreign realm we'll bring a camera. Sound good?" He asked, though of course his voice was hardly cheerful, just sarcastic.
(2/9/04 7:46 pm)
Reply  Meh.
 "But...he has...wings..." Alice murmered. And they looked like they probably hurt, shredded up as they were, though the man didn't seem to care. Another thought suddenly struck her, though. Wait a minute... "Wait! Are you sure we're in the past, on Earth? Ahh...correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember any of my history classes mentioning anything about winged people...!"

Argh, but nevermind that. She doubted William would give her a straight answer to that, anyway, even if he knew.

"...Think we should help? He looks hurt..." she said quietly, still looking over his torn wings.
(2/9/04 7:54 pm)
Reply  << William
 "I never said we were on earth, lass. Actually, I remember making the statement that we weren't even on earth." He corrected her, relishing in the fact that she was wrong though he still came off ass bitter and even a bit arrogant.

"Wha'? 'Elp him? Wha' for?" William asked. "Mind yer own business. Y'own nothin' t'him and in return he owes nothin' t'you." William said. He didn't help people. He was on his own, that was the fact of things. No one helped him, he helped no one. With Alice he had to. He brought her here and if she was so damned anxious to get back and die with the rest of them then he'd get her back. One less girl like her wouldn't threaten the existance of man--it'd probably strenthen it.

[OOC: Is MSN being a pain for you too? Or is it just me.. won't let me sign in  ]
(2/10/04 11:32 am)
Reply  Because!
 "Because it's the nice thing to do," Alice replied curtly, crossing her arms over her chest. "And besides, it wouldn't hurt to get on the good side of the locals, yanno? We may be here a while, and it would be to our benefit to have allies, and besides, what if someone here knows someone that could help get us back? He might know someone like that, or he might be someone like that. And even if not, would it be that agonizingly painful for you to actually be pleasant for a change!?"

God, but he was just...so...ERG! She didn't know what it was, but he just had that way with words that could make him sound like an ass no matter what he said. It wasn't just what he said...it was the way he said it, and he sounded like an arrogant prick.

And even if what he had said this time wasn't nearly as irritating as his earlier attitude, she was already in a bad mood, and for many reasons. First off, she was worried sick about her family...what sleep she had gotten had been riddled with nightmares that she tried hard to forget; she just didn't want to think about what was happening, and just prayed everyone would be safe...and alive. And then, between stupid William and those horrible nightmares, she hadn't gotten much sleep. And THEN there was William himself. Sure, he had saved her, but she certainly couldn't see why. The guy had no heart, or at the very least a black one. And his personality stunk, at the very best.

Chances were, at this point, no matter what he said or how he said it, it would still annoy her tremendously.

OOC: Aww...dunno! MSN was being good for me! But...ah...there was like no one signed in. O_o;; Out of 62 people...so maybe I was the odd one out...
(2/10/04 1:49 pm)
Reply  << William
 William rolled his eyes. She was the type of fake people he hated. People like her befriended others based on what they could get out, then drop them like a hat at the first sign of something better. The type of person who was too concerned witht heir own little worlds to understand anything more than what they wanted to hear. The type of person that could irritate a brick with fake happiness.

"Yeah? And Maybe he's the types of demons that are running 'avoc about our world. The fine lads who just burnt London to the ground and are branching out to every town around 'til they take all of Europe and then entire world. Yeah, let's go 'elp tha' lad. 'e might be nice to you and kill you quickly." William said bitterly. Call it prejudice, call it experience. Whatever it was called, William had a fairly firm grasp on his beliefs and morals. He didn't trust people, he didn't befriend them and in all cases, he didn't try to help the enemy; the demons.
(2/10/04 2:04 pm)
Reply  Riiiight.
 "Riiight, he's a demon. I highly doubt that. He certainly doesn't look like one. And you make no sense, you know that? You're so suspicious, so why'd you save me? If demons are so inconspicuous, then for all you know, I could be one of those demons! I'm not, I'm just saying. You can't pick and choose who you trust and who you don't before you even know them, and by your own standardsâ€"what I can guess of themâ€"you've broken your own rules helping me," she told him, rolling her own eyes.

The lad was a walking, breathing contradiction, and he didn't even seem to realize it! He had an ego the size of Europe, so she doubted he'd admit he was wrong even if it was a dead fact and the world was a witness to it! Sigh, why did she even bother?
(2/10/04 2:26 pm)
Reply  << William
 "You'd love to be right, wouldn' yeh?" He asked, smirking. "But I had to save yer sorry ass. Comes with the job, not that I get so much as a thank you for doing any of it. I've been riskin' my neck for you and yer lot for years now but yer all too engrossed in yer own perfect little existances to see that y've been killing the earth--so yeh can blame ye
selves for the earth's destruction, lass." William said bitterly.

"An' ya 'avn't even learned the name of yer saviour yet," he said, his tone changing from bitter to more sarcastic though still far from friendly.

"Wha'ever. If yeh want to ask the demon what the problem is, suit yourself. But tha' ain't human and with wings like tha' he's either a fae or a demon."
(2/10/04 2:48 pm)
Reply  You...you...person! :P
 "Well, excuse me, but my 'perfect little existance' is and was far from perfect! You don't know me, so don't you dare tell me what my life was like, alright? And you're far from perfect, savior mine, so get off your pedastal and deflate your ego some if you're expecting thanks from meâ€"because right now the only thanks I can give you is thanks for nothing!"

He had indeed struck a chord. She didn't ask to be torn from her family to be stuck with him. What was up with him? Did he have some "savior complex" going on!? He was rude and cruel to her right from the start, and then claimed again and again to be her savior and complained about her not thanking him. Gee, something was wrong with that picture. You didn't insult someone you grudgingly rescued and expect them to worship the ground you walked on, but he seemed to be expecting just that.

She sighed, drawing a calming breath, and after a pause, asked slowly, "Then why don't you tell me your name?"

Wow. In the end, these two really had a lot more in common than they thought! They shared a common bond...they both absolutely loathed one another!

Yokanil raised an eyebrow slightly at the noise coming from those two. He didn't really pick up any words, but their tone was enough to tell him what was up. He ended his upbeat tune, and switched to a more calm, soothing one, and only paused it briefly when one sentence in particular reached his ears.

"Fae," he spoke up simply, correcting William, before continuing the pipe flute melody.
(2/10/04 3:05 pm)
Reply  << William
 William was having fun, having struck a chord and obviously so with Alice, though his delight didn't reflect in his eyes. Well, to anyone who categorized him place him in that well rounded skater-punk category and claimed his bitterness on that hate for the world teens seemed to get. Well not in William's case. He didn't hate the world, just all the people in it. Except his mentor, he had been the closest thing William had ever gotten to a family. Go figure he was so bitter, he never received anything else from anyone and would probably react with hostility if things were any different.

Having Alice complain and yell at him just justified his beliefs and just his overall hate for people. He preferred kicking some demonic ass. At least he'd have saved the world for himself. Well, not anymore. He figured right now, almost two days later, it was too late.

"Well I'm not sure if I want t'give yeh my name now. Not with those snide remarks." He replied to her simple before he caught what the man had said.

"Thanks fer interrupting, lad." William said, turning his head to Yokanil--speaking rather sarcastically.
(2/10/04 3:25 pm)
Reply  Well, nyah!
 "Snide remarks? Well, if you can't take what you dish out, don't open your mouth." A walking, breathing hypocrit, indeed. He obviously liked being an ass, and was going to ask stuffy now that he caught her in a bad mood and caused her to lash out. Erg...whatever.

She knew she'd feel bad later for lashing out like she was, but right now, she was tired and grouchy and frustrated and worried. Not a good combination, and one that tended to cloud her judgement for the time being. And with her luck, she was probably PMSing on top of it all, for all she knew.

Yokanil shrugged lightly. "Don't mention it."
(2/10/04 3:34 pm)
Reply  << William
 "Oh, I can take whatever yeh throw at me, lass. Your lot have never exactly given anyone a reason to be scared," He answered. "But if yeh wanted me t'be nicer yeh could start acting a little mature y'self."

Yeh turn every thing I say into another epic about how I act--well look a' you! Nice placing all the blame on me. If yeh want to point out each others faults, let me geet my list started so I don't miss anything I 'ave t'say about yeh!"

As Yokanil replied, it gave William a reason to brush Alice off.

"Sorry, lad. Y'mind telling me what country I'm in and.. maybe the year? Hell, the realm would be a good thing t'know too," he added, actually a lot more polite then he;d just been with Alice. Well, this gave him a chance to know exactly where they were and leave Alice just bubbling. Girls were easy to piss off. That was something that could never fail.
(2/10/04 3:57 pm)
Reply  Grrr...
 Alice didn't reply. No use adding more fuel to the fire. Placing the blame on him? Right. He'd been placing the blame on 'her and her lot' since the day he dragged her here! All Alice did was call him out on his wonderful attitude. That wasn't placing blame on him. That was stating a fact. He was being a jerk, and anyone who was forced to be around him would clearly discover that within a mere minute!

Oh, but now he was going to try and show her up by talking to the very person he had been so adament about ignoring? Fine. She needed to cool off, anyway, better that he ignore her, even if he was breaking his own rules now by talking to that man. She'd let him.

Once again, Yokanil paused his playing, ending on a final, short note, and lowered the pipe flutes to his lap. He tilted his head slightly, looking at William oddly. His eyes, deep brown, didn't miss much, and so he also noted his bandaged up body. "Were you mugged, sir?" he asked calmly. He might have been knocked silly, and not remember where he was! He'd seen that happen. "Well, in any case, you're in the Kingdom of Adela. And I believe this realm is called Earth. As for the year, I haven't the slightest. I don't keep track, you see."
(2/10/04 4:14 pm)
Reply  William
 What a piece of work Alice was. What? He wasn't allowed to warn her from possible demons? He'd warned her not to near Yokanil when he thought Yokanil was a demon, but Yokanil was a fae. Somthing he didn't have to worry about.

"No, I didn't get mugged." William answered Yokanil. "An' just wha' do ya mean earth? I just came from a portal from the earth and it's nothin' like this," William asked.

Anonymous

Yokanil
Unregistered User
(2/10/04 4:29 pm)
Reply  Weeeell...you see...
 "Really? That's interesting. Because, yes, this is Earth. Maybe you came from a different country, somehow?" he ventured curiously.

He shifted his wings slightly, and frowned a little as one section of membranes snagged on a piece of bark before tearing free, leaving a bit of shimmery irredescence behind on the tree. Oh well. He didn't mind, really. What was another tear?

Besides, why should he mind? Most of those tears had been self inflicted, after all.
(2/10/04 4:52 pm)
Reply  Re: Weeeell...you see...
 "Different country?" William asked. Was this guy stupid? "Listen, unless this place has cars and hydrogen heated 'omes and such, then this isn't earth--" William stopped. Oh. My. God. This was after the ragnarok! It had always said that the world would be cleansed upon the rise of power of the Dark Lord and be reconstructed as a place of simplicity and harmony. Simple? Yep, it was just plain boring. Harmony? Faes walked among humans, anthros were one of thebunch--yep, there was harmony.

"This is after the ragnarok, isn't it..." William concluded...
(2/10/04 5:01 pm)
Reply  Duh.
 Yokanil gave William yet another odd look. "Well, yes, of course..." he replied slowly. "You sure you're okay?" He had no idea whatsoever what William had been going off about, what "cars and hydrogen heated 'omes" were. Clearly the man wasn't all there. He had probably suffered horribly. After all, the event of the Ragnarok was common knowledge. Everyone knew about it. It certainly wasn't shocking news. It was history.

Unless...

"You're from those times? The pre-Ragnarok times, I mean," Yokanil guessed, not seeming at all interested, if a tad inquisitive. Though, indeed, he was actually quite interested.
(2/10/04 5:06 pm)
Reply  < William
 "I'm fine, I just had a run in with a mountain side when the portal opened." William explained.

"Yeah, I guess I am." William said. So, his efforts had been in vain? The ragnarok had been inevitable? Or was it because he had come here that it had happened? And if he had been the deciding difference, then if he hadn't gone through the portal everyone here wouldn't exist.

Well, William certainly did stick out in the village. Wearing black pants, skater shoes, no shirt, and almost a dozen piercings. And his scottish accent, to top it off! It was no wonder Yokanil couldn't conclude that earlier!
(2/11/04 4:27 pm)
Reply  Heh.
 Yokanil hardly found William's attire or accent shocking, even if it wasn't something he had seen before. But it certainly didn't pique his interest. In all the places he'd been, he'd seen a myriad of unusual styles and heard a great variety of different dialects; the Earth was a very big place, and people came here from all over. Some even claimed to come from different worlds altogether, and he believed most of themâ€"though he had met quite a few who were nothing more than nut-cases that weren't all there in the first place, and he felt it was pretty safe to rule out their claims.

He did, however, find it very interesting that this guy claimed to come from a different time period. Now that was something he hadn't heard yet. But he seemed sane enough to be believable, if terribly confusedâ€"which was understandable, given his story.

He shook his head ruefully. "Must be quite the culture shock, coming here, I imagine, sir..." he mused aloud, tapping the pipe flutes in his lap thoughtfully with a finger.
(2/11/04 4:32 pm)
Reply  << William
 "Uh, yeah..." William agreed with a cocked eyebrow. He glanced back at Alice and, jsut to make sure she wouldn'y complain about this for the whole day, turned back to Yokanil.

"For the sake of my sanity, y'mind telling my buddy over there that yer fine and y'don't need our help?" He asked.
(2/11/04 4:41 pm)
Reply  Sure thing.
 He gave a soft chuckle at William's comment, a warm but amused sound. "Oh my, her too? It's the wings, right? So many people have asked me about this..." Then, looking up and over to where Alice stood, tapping her foot anxiously, called over to her, "M'lady, I'm fine. These are old wounds that have long since healed and no longer trouble. You need not worry."

Alice looked a litte less anxious after that, and even offered a small smile. M'lady? Well, at least he was nice. Far nicer than William, who insulted her every chance he got. So, not all men were jerks, after all.

However, that smile only lasted until she looked back over to William, and it quickly dissipated, turning to an expression of forced neutrality.

Yokanil caught this, and, shaking his head, looked back at William. "I take it you two don't get along well..." he observed quietly, then quickly added, Not to pry, it wasn't my intention, but one can guess."
(2/11/04 4:47 pm)
Reply  << William
 "We 'ave our differences." William said before nodding and taking a step back.

"Well, we'll see you, then." He said before he turned and pointed out the restaurant he'd seen earlier.

It certainly was cold standing outside without a shirt on. He knew he had to buy one, but he was hungry now and maybe if Alice was eating she wouldn'y complain.
(2/11/04 4:53 pm)
Reply  Buh-bye!
 "Take care," Yokanil said in turn with a pleasant smile, giving a small wave.

By the time William was done talking to Yokanil, Alice was shivering quite freely. But, much as she hated to admit it, she didn't want to let William out of her sight. He was the only one she knew here...

By now, with the cold, she had also had time to "cool" off a bit. The cold had effectively numbed her anger. She walked calmly toward the restaurant with William, quiet as a metaphorical mouse.

And, as soon as William and Alice were no longer looking, Yokanil put away his pipe flutes, stood, and quietly walked away...
(2/11/04 4:59 pm)
Reply  << William
 William took a seat at a table brought his hands to his ears, trying to warm them. Metal sucked when out in the cold, it just made whatever was around it even colder! Once he was satisfied with his ears, he glanced up to see a waitress read yo take their orders.

"Just a coffee fer mer fer now," William said, only to get a blank look from the waitress. Ofcourse. He was in Oz where coffeee was gumdrops and candy canes!

"Y'got anything that'll wake me up?" He asked.

"We have ale, sir." She replied curtly.

"Ale." William said with a sigh. "Just give me a glass of water and whatever yer serving fer breakfast, then." Oy. Without coffee William might not need Alice to commit suicide, after all!
(2/11/04 5:06 pm)
Reply  Uhhh...
 "Uhh...same here," Alice told the waitress when she looked over to her. Heck, she didn't know what they served here! Certainly not things they would eat back home. Guess they'd find out soon enough what they'd be eating...

Leaving slightly with her arms on the table, she kept her eyes on the table, as though it were so intriguing. Truth be told, she couldn't make herself look at William. She was sitting right across from him, too, but...erg. She was getting calmer by the instant, and with that calm came guilt. She had said some really mean things to William...nevermind that he'd done the same with no remorse. Alice could just never stay angry long, and when she said cruel things without thinking in a fit of anger, she tended to feel horrible once that anger subsided.

When their glasses of water came, she played absently with the light misting of water on the outside of the glass, drawing little patterns in it.

"Um...lad...?" She kept her eyes averted, focusing on the little designs she was creating. "Sorry...for, you know...those things I said to you..." She glanced up at him briefly, and lowered her eyes again immediately after. "I didn't mean them..."
(2/11/04 5:19 pm)
Reply  << William
 Sorry. The story of his life. Everyone he knew turned out to be "sorry" at one point or another and all expressed it with that hollowed, forced voice. He didn't buy "sorries" anymore, he didn't like them. It was sugar coating the truth--though William didn't know Alice well enough to know if she was sincere or not but experience told him they never were.

He didn't even know why she was apologizing. He just considered that a good argument. Nice thing to wake you up, if the cold didn't first.

"Sorry? Lass that word has lost all meaning--if it ever did 'ave one." William said as he took a drink from his later. His tone seemed uninterested. What he had said was a shovel into his past. Nothing to talk about; nothing to get worked up about.

"Thanks, lass." William said to the waitress as she brought them their food. Eggs. Alright, good. Sausage? Yes, that looked about right and... what the hell? Some mangled vegitable that looked like it had gone bad. He couldn't tell if it hadbeen cooked or had just had the life shrivledfrom it. He didn't dare poke it with his fork, fearing the fork would spontaniously combust.

He did, however, eat his eggs and breakfast sausage.
(2/11/04 5:38 pm)
Reply  Meh.
 "Well, it has meaning to me, for what it's worth, though I didn't expect you to accept it," she sighed, pushing her own food around on her plate as she spoke. When it had cooled off a bit, she ate it hungrilyâ€"and, like William, she avoided eating the odd vegetable altogether.

It felt awkward eating in silence without talking...

"So...you gonna tell me your name, ever, or do I gotta keep calling you 'lad'?"
(2/11/04 5:48 pm)
Reply  << William
 William had finished eating his breakfast and was picking some bread from the breadbasket as Alice spoke. Blah, blah, blah. Forgiveness was an empty word with empty meaning. Let her think she was justifying herself. People said things they felt, whether they were angry or calm. It was all truth, or a half truth. Nothing was a lie unless destinctly meant to be one.

William reached over the table and extended his hand in a more formal greeting. "Name's William MacEwen."
(2/11/04 6:23 pm)
Reply  Coo!
 She blinked in surprise as he reached over the table and extended his hand formally. Overcoming that small shock, she took his offered hand.

"Pleasure to finally know your name, William." Hmm...he seemed milder, currently. Maybe he wasn't all bad. Alice liked to be an optimist, and no matter how much someone royally pissed her off, she could never hate someone so much that she couldn't forgive them. She was cursed with never being able to stay angry long, and she prefered having friends rather than enemies, anyway.

Then again, William was also stuffing his face, which would give him less opportunity to say nasty things.
(2/11/04 6:54 pm)
Reply  << William
 "Yeah, well let's not go nuts," William said. She knew his name now. She didn't know him. She didn't have to repeat his name either. It was just a name, something he had had no say over, something he got stuck with.

He then got up and walked over to the waitress whp pulled three bronze coins from his hand. With that he was out the door, totally disregarding if Alice was finished yet or not.

Once he was outside he went to the first shop he saw that had clothes and picked out a rather tight black shirt--well, not skin tight but not loose. Again, he just left the money in his opened hand and let the shop keeper pick out the cost of the item.

He was quick to put it on, then began to look for maybe a coat. Well, none of them were exactly Columbia or Redstar jackets--not very winter-friendly in his opinion.
(2/11/04 7:34 pm)
Reply  Bah!
 Alice frowned as William got up and just left her!

Sigh. Right. Let's not get her hopes up, now. He was still far from pleasant.

Finishing her food quickly, she rushed outside after himâ€"and found that she couldn't see where he was. Wherever he had gone, he had gone their quick! Was he trying to ditch her!? Er...likely, yes. ARGH! Why did he have to be like this!? There was no need for it!

Grumbling to herself, she turned in a random direction to start down the street in, and her eyes landed on the man William had spoken to earlier, who was now standing beneath the tree and looked ready to leave. In truth, unbeknownst to Alice, he had just returned.

"Oh, hey! Excuse me, but, uh, you didn't see Wilâ€"I mean, my...friend...come back out of that building, did you? You didn't see where he went?"

Yokanil paused, and shook his head ruefully. "Sorry, Miss, I'm afraid I didn't."

Alice sighed in frustration. Great. Just great. He could be anywhere, and sge sure didn't know her way around here! Everything looked the same to her!

Yokanil must have read her frustration and confusion, for after another pause, offered, "I could help you search for him, you know. The village can be pretty overwhelming to a newcomer." He smiled pleasantly. "Name's Yokanil, by the way," he introduced, extending his hand.

Alice couldn't help but smile. Indeed, there were nicer guys in the world! Maybe people in general were nicer here...it was a much simpler world, after all. "I'm Alice," she told him with a smile. "And yeah, that'd be great. I'd get lost, I know it..." Finally. She would go insane if she only had to hang around the negative William.
(2/11/04 7:42 pm)
Reply  William
 William purchased two coats. He looked them over. One was grey--obviously his--and the other was white. They were lined with some sort of animal fur and on the inside were lined with wool. Well, it'd keep them warm, he supposed.

He threw his jacket on and hung Alice's over his arm. As he walked back towards the restaurant he busied himsef by looking at all the shops and taking notice when he passed the Inn they were staying at. Alright. The in was three shops down from the restaurant and--Alice! There she was... with the fae? Oy. They didn't need extra baggage and they didn't need anyone in their business.

"Got yeh a jacket." William said as he almost literally shoved the jacket into her hands. Being nice wasn't his strong suit and in truth, he just did this to give her one less thing to complain about. Her complaints gave him a head ache and as much as he loved to argue, the fact of the matter was that he, sadly, did not have any aspirine.
(2/12/04 10:40 am)
Reply  Hiya!
 Alice looked in surprise at the jacket in her hands. Wow. Was something wrong with him? Was he not feeling well? He bought a jacket...for her? That seemed really uncharacteristic of him. And, even if he had just shoved the jacket in her hands, well...he sure seemed a lot nicer than he had before. Maybe nice for him really was painful and difficult.

Or maybe he just did it because he had to. He had said before that he only saved her because it was his job, not because he wanted to. Keeping her alive was part of his job. Not necessarily something he wanted to do. Just something he had to do.

She doubted he had a nice bone in his body. But, still, he had gone out of his way... "Thank you," she told him, putting it on. Whew. What a difference that made! It was wonderfully warm...

Yokanil smiled cheerfully at William as he came onto the scene again. "Hello again! We were just about to start looking for you. You know, you should be more careful if you're new here. It's easy to get lost, and there is a pretty high crime rate. It would be very easy for someoneâ€"a slaver, brothel owner, who knows?â€"to snatch your lady here and drag her across the Adelan border, if left on her own and with no idea of what to watch out for," he warned kindly.
(2/12/04 1:41 pm)
Reply  << William
 "Tha' wouldn't be a big loss." William said, not even glancing at Alice as he said it.

William's look to Yokanil was one of question as he wondered why he was still standing there. Alice had found William. Good. Purpose served: move on. But alas! If Yokanil was going to clutch onto Alice for a bit, William might as well get something out of it.

"So, wha's there t'do around 'ere?" He asked.  
(2/12/04 3:24 pm)
Reply  Meanie.
 Alice rolled her eyes at William. Oh, nevermind. Hadn't changed a bit, after all. THAT was hoping for too much.

Yokanil looked a little taken aback by William's utter dismissal of Alice, but, well, that was really none of his business.

"Hm? Oh, there're lots of things to do around here, if you visit the right spots. What kind of entertainment is it that you are looking for, sir?" he asked.
(2/12/04 3:38 pm)
Reply  << William
 William shrugged his shoulders, but was then reminded of a few things he'd seen in the village and what the waitress had offered him instead of coffee.

"Somethin' fun tha' doesn't involve prostitutes or ale." He'd already seen quite a few females in the darker areas of the cities and William just wasn't exactly for something sleasy. He wasn't that type of guy.
(2/12/04 4:15 pm)
Reply  Goodness.
 Yokanil gave a soft chuckle. "Goodness, I wasn't even considering those options. There is a lot more to village life than, ah...that. Let's see...oh! Do you like music? Because I know some places where they play some wonderful ballads. Or I could play for you myself, if you like, for free. Some people use music to make a living, but I never liked that idea, myself. Money can be a vile thing, and music is pure, so to mix the two, well..."

He gave a small start. "Oh, I'm sorry, I was rambling. Apologies. Ah, other forms of entertainment...well, music, of course. And there are some stage performances going on somewhere that I heard of...and, of course, the ocean isn't far away. Straight through the woods, actually, not too far, but far enough to do you good. Very lovely view...we have some nice cliffs, and a bay for swimming, though it might be dark before you got there if you were to go now. But you could always camp in the woods, or on the beach, though the woods would be safer, since on the beach you'd be out in the open. It's safe there, and equally beautiful."

He took a deep breath. Hoo boy. His attention to detail was both a blessing and a curse. Sometimes, if he got too excited, he could really get on a roll! Oops. But, he was a fae, and talking about nature could make any fae get a little carried away.
(2/12/04 4:21 pm)
Reply  << William
 "I 'ardly think your plays would give much entertainment for us," William thought outloud. Then there was music. Listening to just instrumental music wasn't his thing.

"I guess it'd be a good idea to get our barrings, anyways. The beach sounds fine, but I don't know about swimming, lad." William said. It was freaking cold outside! Swimming was the last thing on his mind.

"What do yeh think, lass?" William asked, actually turning his head to Alice. The sooner they decided the better. He was getting cold just standing there and he could only imagine going somewhere Alice didn't want to and listening to her whine and complain the entire time.
(2/12/04 4:34 pm)
Reply  Oki day! ^_^
 Alice was surprised, yet again. Whoa. He opinion actually mattered? And he was actually looking at her? Wow.

"Sounds good!" she agreed with a smile. She loved the ocean! Even if William was going to be there...not even he could spoil her enjoyment of it!

Yokanil looked back and forth between William and Alice. "Oo, so, then...you wanna go to the ocean, then? Think you can find it on your own? Or, you know what, I'm not really busy or anything, so if you need a guide, I could always take you. I know the place like the back of my hand, and it's no problem, really!"
(2/14/04 1:41 pm)
Reply  << William
 William glanced at Yokanil and nodded. Well obviously they'd need his help getting there. They'd only been here for two days! And maybe, if William was lucky, Alice would go swimming and drown or something! Well, one could only hope.

"I'll catch up with yehs," William said before turning and jogging down the street. He returned to their Inn and went into their room where he slipped their money under a desk and came back outside, coming to walk only a few feet behind them as they walked down the streets and out of the village...
(2/19/04 10:43 pm)
Reply  Weeeeee're off to see the wizard!
 With William's consent, Yokanil started on ahead, slowly so William could find them easily when he returned, and Alice walked close beside him. Very close beside him. Ohh, she couldn't help it! She was intrigued by him! After all, only a few days ago she didn't believe faeries or magic existed, and now...well, what a wake up call this had all been! Faeries were real...magic was real...

Demons were real...

The thought made her shiver involuntarily, and she quickly changed her train of thought.

Yokanil gave a soft laugh when he noticed how close she kept to him, and the way she continually eyed his mangled wings. "Never seen a fae before, is that so?" he asked her, and she gave a little jolt of surprise. He supressed another chuckle when he caught her deep blush, and how she suddenly put a little distance between them.

"Oh...sorry...I didn't mean to stare...but...yeah..."

"No need to apologize, I don't mind! It's cute, actually." Alice's blush deepened further, and she opened her mouth to speak, but Yokanil gave a slight start and cut in before she could. "Oh, I should apologize, actually, didn't mean to offend, if I did! I tend to be a bit too open with my thoughts; it's a fae thing, we're not nearly as reserved as most humans, you see. But...anyways! Please don't mind my asking, curiosity tends to eat away at me, but...were there no faeries where you came from?" Again, he tilted his head to the side, curious.

Alice blinked. She had tried to get a word in here and there, but to no avail. Well, he certainly was talkative and upbeat! "No...I don't think so. I never saw any, at least. Except in movies and books. But in those, faeries were always shown to be small. Like, inches tall."

"Moo-vees?" Yokanil canted his head to the other side inquisitively, pronouncing the word like it was truly foreign. A very odd thing for a fae, with their ability to understand and adapt to any and all languages, to do. "This one does not understand what that is..." he murmered awkwardly. "But...as for the other part, well, some faeries are only inches tall, but faeries are as eclectic a bunch as humans! Tall, short, small, colorful, dull, warriors, guardians...you name it! My particular tribe, my particular culture, was of the tall variety...the guardians..." He trailed off. His statement had started out just as cheerful, if slightly confused, as his other statements, but, strangely, this time it grew somber toward the end, his eyes slowly lowering.

There was an emphasis on the word "was" when he spoke of his tribe, and Alice caught that, along with his sudden change in attitude. "What happened?" she asked quietly before she could stop herself. It was none of her business, and she knew it; she shouldn't be asking something personal like that to someone she didn't know. But she couldn't help it. It wasn't curiosity that drove that question, but genuine concern; Alice warmed up easily to peopleâ€"when they were nice to her, that is.

Yokanil feigned a weak smile. "Oh, nothing...it's not important now, really. Honestly. What matters now is now. I wouldn't want to spoil a perfectly bright day by worrying you with my past, though your concern is appreciated! But I'm just a guide and humble bard. Don't fret on my account!"

Alice forced herself to smile back, though she could sense the lie. Something had happened to him...and to his "tribe", she imagined...maybe that's why he had torn wings...
(2/21/04 7:03 pm)
  << William
 William rolled his eyes as Alice gaped at Yokanil's story. Oy.. There were three faerie tribes in the United Kingdom alone! He thought as he took notice of what they were passing and what direction they were in.

"This gunna take long, lad?" William asked as it seemed they were no where near the ocean and it was beginning to get dark. Damn winter! The sun set far too early, in the late afternoon, actually! If the ocean wasn't close then they'd be getting there in the dark and walking back in the company of the stars and the moon and whatever nocturnal animal that decided to prowl the forest where they walked.
(2/21/04 7:46 pm)
  <<<---Yokanil and Alice [Not far!]
 Hearing William's question, Yokanil glanced back at him and smiled. "Nope! Not far from here at all! We're almost there, actually!" he chimed. And, as though on cue, as they rounded a corner and started out onto another street, straight ahead loomed the forest Yokanil had spoken of. "Few more blocks. Hey, why don't you come up here? You look kinda lonely way back there."

Alice shook her head. "He's a grump. I think he likes staying back there," Alice warned, and Yokanil frowned slightly.

"Aw...I see..." he murmered sadly. Hrm. Somehow, he felt a little awkward being between the two warring companions. He could feel their dislike for one another...yikes. He could certainly hear the disdain in Alice's voice, and by the way William acted around her...well, it was obvious. And, with Alice's comment, and with not knowing how to respond to it, and with the awkward silence that fell because of that...

Well, he decided it was time to liven things up! Silence was depressing! And since he didn't know what to say...

He brought out his pipe flutes, and glanced at Alice and then William. "Any song requests?" he asked with a grin.
(2/21/04 8:09 pm)
  << WILLIAM
 William rolled his eyes once more. "If yeh can come up with a justified reason as t'why I should be walking right b'side yehs then I'd be more th'n willin' t'go on up there." William argued, cocking his head to the side and giving Alice a less-than-happy look.

William cocked an eyebrown at Yokanil's question. Songs? Oh no! His eyes went wide, then slowly returned to his relazed composure and shrugged his shoulders. Oy, they better get there soon otherwise William might have to kill himself!

Small Wonder
Bishounen Hunter
(2/22/04 4:10 pm)
  <<<---Yokanil and Alice [Awww! Party pooper!]
 Yokanil frowned disappointedly at William's less-than-enthusiastic response. Dang, it was almost as though his offer was horrifying! Odd. Oh well! There was always Alice! And, sure enough, she complied to the request.

"Um...obviously you couldn't play or know any songs from our time, and I don't know any songs from this time, so...uh...why don't you choose the song? Your favorite one? I'd be interested in hearing it." She shot William a less-than-happy look. Geez! He could at least be nicer to the fae! He really was going out of his way for them, and, like he had said, he could be making good money with his art if he wanted to. Poor guy had been through a lot himself, that was obvious...

"Okay! Sure! Hmm...favorite song...honestly, I like 'em all, but...ah! I don't know your preference, but maybe you'll like this!" And, lifting the pipe flutes to his lips, he began another upbeat tune, different from the one he had played earlier, but just as lively...though, somehow, it had a haunting, almost sad undertone to it.

Alice clearly enjoyed it, loving the different sounds emanating from the simple object. The sounds of this time period certainly had a whole different quality and sound to them...

Luckily enough for William, though, before much longer they were crossing the threshold to the woods.
(2/25/04 2:32 pm)
  << William
 William seemed to have drown out the sound of Yokanil's music, however good or bad it was. He had that ability since he was little--drowning out his parents' yelling, or anyone, really.

As they walked downt he narrow road throught he forest, William began tot ake notice of things. It just didn't feel right. The whole ordeal didn't feel right, straight from he and Alice getting sent into this new world. But aside from that, William just felt something wasn't totally just. Something just wasn't right in the air. Perhaps it was an animal in the bushes? Or maybe something more? Perhaps a demon. But that was rediculas! The only beings who wanted him killed were the demons from his time.
(2/25/04 3:41 pm)
  Falalalala...la la la la!
 Yokanil ended his tune on a high note as they walked down the path, and lowered his pipe flutes so he could speak. "So, here we are! Now, we just have to follow this path for, oh, about twenty minutes or so, and it leads right through to the sea!" he told them. There were many paths that branches off the main one, but Yokanil struck strickly to the main one.

Alice stuck close to Yokanil as they walked, hugging her arms around her to keep in as much warmth as she could and absently surveying the scenery about them. The trees were grouped thickly together, and she could imagine the forest was, in the spring, an amazing sight to see, lush and green and filled with life. But now...it was a skeleton's forest, the trees bare of leaves and, in some places, stripped of bark from the hungry deer that populated the woods. It was somewhat eerie in the growing darkness, the thin limbs of some trees swaying as a breeze pulled at everything it touched.

The light had grown dangerously dim by now, a few stars winking in the sky, visible through the trees' naked limbs, but Alice truly didn't mind, eerie though it was. She trusted Yokanil. He knew his way, and even if he didn't...it was impossible to get lost as long as they stayed on this path, right? They probably wouldn't get to do much at the sea at night, but Alice looked forward to seeing it just the same, hoping to be able to catch the rising moon's reflection in the water.

Absently, Yokanil fussed over his pipe flutes, adjusting the bindings that kept them together. "We're almost there! It's straight on ahead," he announced, and, sure enough, as they continued on, the tree growth began to get thinner, the geography gradually changing. Faint in the distance, the sound of water rushing against land could be heard...

Satisfied now with his pipe flutes, he brought them to his lips and played a quick tune to test his work out, ending on a low note, and smiled, pleased with the adjustment. "If we hurry, we might be able to catch sight of the dolphins. A pod of them likes to swim around in the bay at night, and they come almost every night!" he told them, smiling.
(3/6/04 8:09 pm)
Reply  << William
 As they crossed over from the road to the fairly frosted and hard beach sand. The shoreline was only iced over perhaps twenty feet out before it met open water and a few floating shards of ice which had broken off. William could care less about the sight of dolphins, he liked the sea for it's openness, it's freedom. He inhaled the salted air; faint reminders of home.

He looked behind him again. He kept on feeling anxiety crawling in his throat, like he was back in their time and being stalked by one of the demons... Like something was breathing down his neck and encroaching on his space. But whenever he turned around nothing was there. He was being paranoid... Living to kill demons had struck a chord in him. He was at a beach and in a totally different world! If someone already had it out for him he should be crowned immortal for his ability to piss someone off so quickly!
(3/6/04 9:05 pm)
  Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!!
 "Dolphins! Cool!" Alice exclaimed, walking on ahead toward the shore. The crashing waves were illuminated in the growing moon and starlight, and any dolphins playing in the surf waters would be difficult to see, but not impossible to see...ah! There one was! Farther out in the sea, far from the danger of breaching the shore, a lone dolphin lunged from the waves, moonlight reflecting off its wet, silvery body...and soon another followed, further away. The pod was heading further out to see...

"Wow...it's so beautiful here..." she murmered absently. "No cigarette butts in the sand...no need to worry over stepping on glass..."

Yokanil arched an eyebrow slightly. "Cigarette butts?" Ah..probably a question that was better suited to remain unanswered.

Remembering William, he looked back at him and smiled. "So! Whatcha think? Alice obviously thinks it's great, but what about yoâ€"look out!" he suddenly yelled in fear as, from the shadows behind William, a massive black creature sprang with an unearthly snarlâ€"a creature that looked an odd mix between a large black panther and a rabid wolf, a creature with massive, dripping fangs and wicked retractable claws...a creature with all too human eyes.

And demonic-looking wings.

Another one came from the exact place as the other, hurtling itself at Alice, and the only thing that saved her from it's snapping jaws was Yokanil, who was blessedly close by and grabbed her by the arm, yanking her out of the way and to the ground.

But that wasn't the end of them. A final one came, larger than the others, and gave a deep, rattling snarl, tail lashing. "Feed, my children..." she hissed raspily. "Revel in the bloodlust of the first kill..."
(3/7/04 7:20 am)
Reply  << William
 Yokanil didn't even have to shout at William, for the moment the first one began to stalk from the shadows, the feeling at the back of William's neck had become tangible and he dove out of the way, rolling off to the side. He would have run off, knowing a one-sided fight when he saw one, but there was his responsability being stalked by another one of the demonic-things.

Damnit.

As he quickly got up, starting in a run before he was fully up, he reached down to his ankle as he evaded another swipe from his little demonic fan and finally pulled a small dagger out of a sheepskin sheath. A lot of good it was going to do, but it was something and more than Alice had at the very least.

He ran towards Alice, but running on sand was always difficult and just as he seemed to be getting closer he felt his back be pierced with four horrible knives as one of the beasts hauled him down with one grand swipe. William turned around in the frey as the demonic cat tried to get a grip on him with her fangs and he blindly stabbed at her, making contact every now and then and resulting in royally pissing the creature off further--like it had been expecting an easy meal! Ha! Finally William got his legs up, his back still against the ground and being held by the demonic cat's claws. His foot found the front of the cat's delicate nose and in a surprising amount of sudden pain the cat went to cradle it's nose and William scurried off.

The mother shrieked at the child's mistake and with a snarl-like hiss the cat went back after William as he ran to get Alice out of the frey...
(3/9/04 2:57 pm)
  Gulp...
 Alice could only stare in horror from where she had fallen in the sand as the creature attacked William from behind. For some reason, she found her legs just didn't want to cooperate...she felt frozen on the spot, her limbs defying her in her fear and shock. But a second later, Yokanil was yanking her to her feet and pulling her along with him, but Alice resisted, crying, "Wait! What about Wilâ€"!?" before she saw him, racing toward them...with one of those creatures in hot persuit of him. Not to mention yet another one, the one that had first lunged for Alice, which was also joining in the chase.

Yokanil gave Alice a little shove, urging her to keep going on ahead. "Keep on running! The rules are different with these predatorsâ€"they'll attack whether you behave like a predator or prey, so just get as far away as you can, no matter what!" he told her, pulling out his pipe flutes and turning. The beast pursuing William was so close...all it would take was a single leap, and William would be down.

"Close your ears!" he called suddenly to both William and Alice before raising the pipe flutes to his lips and beginning a quick, eerie tune, low and slow...

A tune which, oddly, made the beast pursuing William stumble in its tracks and roar in pain, a similar howl coming from the mother and the one that had attacked Alice. But they were not so easily detered and, stubbornly, continued their pursuit, though with some visible difficulty as the pain roared through their heads.

He hoped Alice and William had listened and done as he said. His own magic didn't affect him, but it would cause them both quite a migraine if they hadn't done as he had asked.

Alice, fortunately, had listened...

But that wasn't the problem.

Rather, it was the fourth child, which had laid in wait in the shadows, that was the problem, and, it was far enough away not to be affected by the spell. And, once Alice was near enough, it attacked, springing from the shadows at her...
(3/16/04 3:39 pm)
Reply  f-cking noise!
 Unfortunately, William had not heard a thing. The shrilling shriek of the beast that was in peruit of him had overcalled anything Yokanil had said and so when the song began, William went into a summersault, stopping from running and rather rolling in the sand as he brought his hands quickly to his ears.

Well at least he wasn't the only one being affected, though being a smaller being than the beasts, it affected him more until he managed to block most of his from his ears. It had been in mid summersault that he'd seen it, a pair of narrowed eyes from the shadows of the forest, Alice not twenty feet from it.

Eluding the two beasts that were now at his back, William ran over to Alice and grapped her, taking both of them down just as the fourth beast lept at Alice, William's back getting slice as it's outstretched claws made contact. But it had overjumped, thankfully.

William quickly got up, being sure to be what seperated Alice from the beasts. He didn't know what he could do, though. There was nothing for him to do. He had no weapon anymore and with them all approaching? He'd need a miracle and a lot of luck to get out of this one... He hoped maybe they would be discouraged from the fight they had to put up for this meal and move on...
(3/21/04 2:00 pm)
  Hahahah!
 Alice yelped in alarm as William took her down and the beast that had been aiming for her missed, scraping William's back. But, she had no time to ask if he was okay--and, obviously, he wasn't top notch right now--for the other creatures were still hot on their trail. Quickly, she scrambled to her feet and raced beside Will...but the beasts were gaining fast.

Yokanil was close behind them now, their fall allowing him to catch up. "None of you heard the song, didja?" he called to them breathlessly, his pipe flute in one hand. "You have to tell me now. I can stop them, it'll only take one more step, but I have to know if you did or not, first. If you did hear it, I have to start over from the beginning. So tell me quickly, and don't lie. Because if you did hear the song, and I take the next step, you'll die with them. The song channeled magic into their bodies...and the next song I plan on playing will activate it. If you heard it, the magic will be in you, too..." he said seriously. "But like I said, I can start over, release the magic from you...just tell me fast, and don't listen, next time!"

Alice paled, swallowing. "I-I didn't hear it...I don't think..."

"If you did, it would feel like a brief migraine," Yokanil said quickly.

"O-okay...no, didn't hear it...Will?"

The beasts were very close now, gaining on them by the second, their heavy panting and angry grunts loud. In only moments, they would be upon them...
(3/21/04 2:23 pm)
Reply  << William
 "No, just do it!" William said loudly, going to cover his ears as he watched the four bounding beasts come hurtling towards them. He hadn't even let Alice finish asking him before he had yelled out, either. Just get the beasts delt with and then worry about whatever it was they were discussing!

Was this really a time to start up a conversation? Yeeeesh!

Anonymous

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(3/21/04 2:35 pm)
  Ooookay!
 "If you're sure...well, best not to watch this," Yokanil began gravely, raising the pipe flute to his lips as soon as Alice had also clamped her hands over her ears. He stopped where he was, and turned around boldly to face the oncoming predators.

The melody he played was just as low and soft as the one that had caused the beasts' heads to ache; in fact, it was a different variation of the same song. He had hardly played three notes before the beast closest to them suddenly gasped and toppled over, it's mouth agape and gagging and body convulsing as blood poured forth from its jaws, staining the sand crimson as it died. The next one fell right after, and the next, the same symptoms befalling each one as the magic Yokanil played seeped into their bodies and shredded their organs from within.

It wasn't at all a pretty sight. He sure hoped they didn't look back and see it. He didn't want to freak them out...but, then again, the creatures had been after their blood.

Before long, the last one had stopped moving, and Yokanil ended the tune and put his pipe flutes away. Tough as these things had been, physically, their magic defense was ridiculously weak. Taking them out had been almost effortless.
(22/3/04 19:38)
Reply  Why do I get the feeling like I hate you?
 As soon as the beasts had dropped dead, William's hand caught Alice's hand and he began to tug her along as he went for and down the path they took to get here. He didn't want to hang around and see if the magic had actually killed the beasts for sure, all William knew was that he and Alice were better off away from the beach and back at the Inn.

He didn't even notice his new wounds (and newly opened old wounds) and of course the migrain! He just trudged along without a word to Yokanil who he left back there. Not a word was said. He knew he hadn't brought on the beasts, and Alice couldn't have! She knew less about magic and this entire world than he did! No, William silently blamed Yokanil, though his walking away merely appeared to be typical William.
(6/21/04 2:30 pm)
  Wait up!
 Alice raced beside William, not looking back, not wanting to look back. Dear God...this world was a living nightmare...even more so than home had been those final hours. God, she wanted to go home...this couldn't all be real. It couldn't!

She was tugged along by William, not resisting an ounce. The sooner they got away, the better...

"We're safe, now." Alice jumped as Yokanil suddenly fell in beside she and William. "The young are all dead. The mother's still around...but I can't kill her. The adults of those kind are hard to kill, not many are able to do it, but the young are weak. She won't be following us, though...they...ah...the mothers are notorious for feeding on their own young, and worse. They're not good parents, it's a wonder they don't die out..."

Momentarilly, Alice ventured a glance behind them, and, grimacing, snapped her gaze away. Sure enough, the lumbering female was hungrily tearing flesh away from her fallen children's bones...

"She won't follow...she's occupied. But don't hesitate, I don't know if there're more..."
(6/21/04 2:37 pm)
Reply  << Will
 "Great to know," William replied bitterly, and obviously so in his voice. He picked up his pace, he wanted nothingmore than to put some distance between himself and Yokanil and it was obvious what he was doing. He wanted it to be obvious. Make the hint more pronounced.

They could go back to the inn and figure out a way to get home. The sooner they were out of this realm, the better.

With some luck, Yokanil would decide not to tag along and William wouldn't have to waste his breath and tell him to piss off.
(8/16/04 10:42 am)
  Why do I get the feeling you hate me?
 Yokanil shrugged at Will's bitter response. "It is great to know, unless you'd rather they still be free to come after you and your woman," he said simply, undeterred as William picked up his pace. Probably still spooked from the attack, was all.

Alice, unlike William, stuck close to Yokanil. He was the one who killed those monsters, after all! And easily, too! She felt safer near him. And besides...he was so much more pleasant than William, who was always so moody and rude. Geez...this guy had just saved their lives, and he wasn't even offering him a simple "thank you"! What was his problem!?

Yokanil's last comment, however, made her twitch. "'His woman'? Ahahah...ah, no...I'm...er...not his girlfriend..." Thank God!

Yokanil nodded. "I didn't think so, but...you can never be too sure..."
(8/16/04 11:02 am)
  Because you're too dumb to be sure of it.
 William was presenting some self-control! He hadn't taken a swing at Yokanil yet! He wanted to. He hadn't even wanted to speak to the guy. Maybe William was just paranoid, but generally locals know of the dangers in all areas of where they live. Yokanil should have known and should have minded his on business to begin with. He didn't need to do anything for William or Alice and in William's mind, he and Alice owed Yokanil nothing.

William was quiet until the reached the village again, and then turned around quickly to face Yokanil.

"Yeh can bugger off now." He said, his voice still bitter. He glanced at Alice. If she wanted to go with Yokanil she could stay in this stupid realm. William had more ambition than before to get back home now.

All he gave Alice was a look before turning around and heading in the direction the Inn was. He hated people so much. Until someone gave him a reason not to hate them, he held that hate.

Once inside their room, William sat on the bare bed and slowly--and very carefully--took off his shirt. Four holes in the back of the shirt. He walked over to the one mirror in the room and tried to get a look at his back, looking over his shoulder and only seeing the tops of the scratches he'd gotten from the beasts. They weren't too deep, but enough to cause pain and break the flesh. It was like a kitten scratching someone's hand, but with more force and power.

He sighed. He'd never thought things would get this bad so fast. He was tired and hurt and pissed off. He went to the floor where the blankets and pillows were and laid down in the mess, laying on his side and just thinking about how he could get out of this mess.
(8/16/04 12:40 pm)
   I know you are but what am I? :P
 Yokanil jumped slightly when Will whirled around to face him.

"Bugger...off?" That was a phrase he hadn't heard before! Though, the meaning behind it was clear as day.

Alice was positively steaming. ARGH! Could William be any more ungrateful!? The fae had saved their necks and gone out of his way to take them to the beach and back!

She was about ready to march after him and tell him just what was on her mind, but Yokanil stopped her. "M'lady, it's okay. I don't mind. In all honesty, I was planning on parting ways as soon as we got back." He smiled. "I do have things to attend to. But, if you two stick around here...chances are, I'll run into you."

Alice nodded slowly. "Okay...an' sorry about Will. He's a jerk to everyone, though...it's not just you..."

Yokanil nodded in understanding. "It's not an issue. I understand. Well, I really must be off. Take care..."

Alice watched him walk away and then, with a sigh, headed toward the inn. Oi. She wasn't looking forward to being around William again...

So, she took her sweet time getting there.
(8/16/04 1:11 pm)
  BUTT MONKEY!
 Time wasn't passing fast enough for William. Every minute he laid in that room was like another hour of being angry. Yokanil wasn't all he seemed to be--no one was that dense. He had to have heard of those beasts being around that area, it couldn't have been a fluke occurrence. They had been stalking them for a while.

With more thoughts running through his head, he slowly stood up and put all the blankets and pillows back onto the bed and made the bed. Alice could have them. He'd taken a beating for her and she idolized Yokanil! How likely. He wouldn't be surprised if she decided to stay with Yokanil--which wouldn't be a bad idea if William didn't have to bring her back to Earth with him. He could only imagine the uproar he'd cause coming back without her.

He wanted to vent but there was nothing to lash out on. He'd go out but he didn't want to waste money. Television would have been great right now--something to occupy him and get his mind off things.

He took a seat on the floor against the wall and slowly let his back touch the wall, ignoring the sting for it soon went away. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and tried to have a nap, but sleeping was a bit difficult.
(10/16/04 10:13 pm)
Reply  Ewwwww!
 Slowly, very slowly, Alice crept toward the room. Her own frustration had had time to burn away...and now it was replaced with dread. Dread at returning to the room she shared with William.

Oh, sure, he had saved her...time and time again he had rescued her. And she appreciated that. She really did. But...he was just so cruel and unpleasant. He made rescuing her sound like a chore, like he was doing it all not because he wanted to, but because he had to. Every second, he behaved as though she was a burden upon him! Well...so, maybe she was. But he had dragged her here! He had ripped he away from her family! He had brought her here; she hadn't had a choice! And then he acts like she was nothing. Just a burden. Just an extra weight he was forced to carry.

Nothing more. And he spoke to her like she was nothing, too.

Yokanil had been the only relief she'd had since coming here...which, of course, meant William just had to drive him away! No, heaven forbid she be happy in any possible way!

He just wanted everyone to be as miserable as he was...and...

And she just couldn't stand him!

Pausing by the entrance of their room, she was surprised to find tears misting her eyes, and she rubbed them away stubbornly. Argh...no...she couldn't let him get to her! If he saw...that'd just give him more reasons to tear into her...

God, she hated it here...

Taking a deep, composing breath, she entered their room cautiously and, seeing him near the wall, walked carefully around him and sat on the bed as quietly as she could, hoping not to wake him. That was just what she didn't need...him waking up and blaming everything on her...
(10/17/04 7:10 am)
Reply  Haha! You're a butt monkey!
 William had cracked an eye the moment the door opened. Quick reflexes. He eased and tried to go back to sleeping, well, faking to sleep to avoid talking to Alice but as he chanced a glance at her face and the expression in her face... He just got so angry!

"Yer no' the only one pissed off abou' this mess." He snapped rather suddenly, getting up and feeling the pain of his newly scabbed over wounds peeling against the wall they had half healed on. Getting up so quickly was probably the dumbest thing he could have done, but he tried his hardest not to let the pain show in his face and just let the anger be evident for Alice.

He walked over to the other side of the room so she wouldn't have to avoid disturbing him. "There, highness, yeh won't have teh bother going around me 'nymore." He added as she sat down agains the wall and tried to get comfortable. Well, that was near impossible. He'd given her all the blankets and pillows and he'd keep it that way. Let her get whatever she wanted. She didn't have a scratch on her and she complained and continued to be purely pissed off with the fact that William took her out of a dying world anyways.

He had every reason to be frustrated with her.
(10/17/04 1:22 pm)
  I don't EVEN want to know what sounds one would make...
 Alice shot him a very blank look. A very controlled expression. Pissed off? No, she wasn't pissed; she was hurt, plain and simple! And maybe that hurt made her angry...no, no, THAT didn't make her angry! He did! She couldn't do anything without him snapping at her! Whatever she did, it was wrong. Even the simplest, smallest thing set him off.

She couldn't stand it here. She couldn't stand being around him anymore. She just couldn't take anymore. He just kept pushing, and pushing, and pushing...she was at her breaking point.

She stood up so abruptly and forcefully she knocked a few pillows off the bed. "You needn't move, Your Majesty! I'm leaving, so you can go on being pissed alone, now, since I'm such a burden and piss you off so damn much, even though you brought me here to begin with! I was GONNA offer to help you with your injuries, but since I obviously can't do anything right and you hate me so much, I might as well not even bother! Bye!"

Stalking across the room, she opened the door and stormed out, not looking back. She didn't know where she was going...she didn't care...and she knew he likely wouldn't follow. This was what he probably wanted, anyway...
(10/17/04 2:48 pm)
Reply  I think this might involve some research... Hmm..
 "By all means, leave!" William yelled back at her as she closed the door, his blood just bubbling in frustration.

She had to be difficult. It wasn't as though she could try to say thanks or anything--no, best let Yokanil had all the praise. William was beginning to think Yokanil was doing just to look for praise from Alice! William wouldn't be surprised if she went to look for him now, anyways.

William wasn't the type of person to give a damn about Alice or anyone but... Her constant woes and complaints were just getting to be too much! First she was crying about her family. They'd be dead by now anyways--he had saved her from that, dammit! Then she got frustrated with him because he didn't give her a shoulder to cry on! Now? Now she had a hero in Yokanil even if he did nothing but play a ridicules flute!

William didn't have to try and help her back there. He could have taken off and be done with her. However much he'd get in trouble for coming back without the person he'd taken into this realm, he was sure he'd be forgiven. He could make up a better story and continue on with his life. But he saved her. And she could care less.

William picked up the closest thing to him, which was actually a wooden vase that had been set on the floor for decoration, and threw it at the door Alice had just left from. He made quite a loud noise and he was glad it did.

"Bullshit she was gonna help me," William muttered to himself as he stood up again. Staying in one place was destructive. He wanted to hit something and yet he didn't. He just wanted to yell until he couldn't anymore in hopes of getting rid of the stress

_______

The old woman who ran the inn with her husband had been giving out new linens to the rooms when she heard the yelling from William and Alice's room and saw Alice come out.

"Anything wrong, dear?" She asked, obviously concerned.
(10/19/04 3:38 pm)
  Anywhere but here...
 "Only that you might wanna check up on that boy in there before he causes too much destruction!" Alice responded, trying not to sound too curt or upset. She had heard him, apparently, throw something at the door. Oh, how very mature! She was glad to get away! She hardly knew him, anyway, so for all she knew he could be some crazy, abusive creep you heard about on the news all the time!

Stalking out of the inn, she walked out into the streets, into the crowd. She didn't know where she was going, but anywhere but here was better.
(10/20/04 3:24 pm)
Reply  Re: Anywhere but here...
 The woman's eyes widened. "I don't want to meddle, dear." She replied and went about her business.

William had slowly cooled off. He wasn't happy about how things had unfolded, but he knew that Alice had been the person he was least angry with out of the whole catastrophe. He shouldn't have blown up, but that surely didn't stop him from doing it! Things were easier said than done, and it was easier to reflect on things after he'd made matters worse, of course.

William slowly walked outside and looked around for Alice, making sure she was ok. He didn't trust this place.

He walked to a vender and bought a cheap shirt, the one he was wearing had holes down the back. He then slowly came over to walk beside Alice. He didn't know what to say, and hoped she wasn't going to get mad at him... He was going to try to be civil, but had a feeling she had no ambition to be near him.

However much she annoyed him, he knew they'd have to find some common ground so they could get back in one piece and fully sane.
(10/23/04 11:35 pm)
  Cooled off...
 Alice rarely got angry, but when she did, her anger was the type that flared up quickly, and quickly died down. And besides...in this case...she wasn't really angry. Hurt was more like it, and she often attempted to hide such hurt behind anger. It was easier that way. And often less painful.

William fell in beside her, and by the time he had, she had had some time to cool off, to regain her bearings. She shouldn't have snapped at him, perhaps...he was helping her. He'd gotten injured over her! He was rude, and cruel..but he was trying to help. Right? And...regardless...she couldn't survive without him. He was her ticket out of her, he was the one that had a clue as to what he was doing. He was the one that knew what was going on! She had no choice...she had to stay close.

And...maybe she had seemed ungrateful. He had no right to be so nasty, though, but...maybe she could see it from his perspective. It was hard, but...

Maybe she'd been the one that was out of line.

Whatever the case...long silences weren't here strong point. And she hated having bad blood between anyone. She didn't like having enemies...she didn't like being disliked...

She was always the first to apologize, whether or not she was at fault.

"Sorry..." she murmered, very quietly. And then, a little louder, "Really...I'm sorry, William..." Her head was bowed slightly, hair hanging in her face to hide her features.
(11/1/04 6:28 pm)
Reply  Re: Cooled off...
 "Eh.. You've nothing t'be sorry about." He said slowly. He wasn't the best conversationalist--if she hadn't noticed. He didn't like... people, basically. He just didn't like most people, and found no reason to talk to them but, well, if he was going to be forced into her company for a while, it was probaly best that they found some common ground of tolerance.

"We're just really different..." He added. "S'hard t'get used to having company." Hmm.. Maybe too much information? He didn't want her to know much because it then gave her the oppertunity to scrutinize his life--why he was like this.

Aside from that, he wasn't about to appologize.. For what? He was only human; he got angry. Big deal.
(11/4/04 12:23 pm)
  Differences...
 She nodded slowly in understanding. "That we are..." She didn't mind, though. It wasn't that. She was tolerant of differences...heck, her friends had been from all different backgrounds! She only drew the line where those differences were perhaps harmful to her. Like, for instance, William. His differences had certainly allowed him to be so utterly rude and intollerable toward her! Even outright hurtful.

But...well, he'd followed after her. And it seemed he was at least attempting to make an effort at being civil, at maybe even patching things up a bit.

That was a start, at least. Alice didn't hold grudges...she believed in second chances. Even third and fourth chances. In some cases, she had been hurt for that, but...well, as long as she knew she had made the effort, it was worth it to her.

"Yeah...I can't say I've ever been around someone like you, William...don't take it personally. I'm just not used to it...you know?" She looked up at him, brushing long hair from her face. "Guess the same's true for you. Truce?"
(11/5/04 12:35 pm)
Reply  What the...
 Truce? How old was she? And since when were they in some war. William certainly hadn't been trying to get frustrated with her; she did that perfectly well on her own!

He'd have to let that speech slide.

"We're no' in any war," he replied. "An' its no' like I was trying to get angry with you." He added. Though, perhaps subconsciously he was. Perhaps he didn't want to see what all the fuss was about on the other side of the fence. He was perfectly content in his own little world where he is always the one looking in from the outside.

He liked the solitude. No one got hurt, no one got left out and there was no one to worry about but himself. Alice would never understand that; and he would never understand why she was so anxious to get home.
(11/8/04 1:58 pm)
  Bleh!
 "I never saidâ€"ah, nevermind. You're right." She never said they were in a war! Guess he took things literally. She'd remember that from now on. But for now, she wasn't going to argue the point, nor was she going to nitpickâ€"as he was now. She'd had enough arguing to last her a lifetime, and all she wanted, really, was to get along with him. Even if it was only on neutral grounds.

Alice honestly didn't think a friendship with him was possible. Not that she minded. Couldn't lament what you didn't have, and he just didn't seem the friendly type.

Neutrality, even cold neutrality, she could deal with. It was certainly better than open animosity.  

[MOVE COMPLETE! Resume posting!]