Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Masters of the Sword

Started by Anonymous, May 03, 2005, 06:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Story

In the times of old, there was a very powerful concil of dragons. These dragons secretly governed the universe for they were the most intelligent creatures within. There were seven dragons in all: The Fire Dragon, The Water Dragon, The Earth Dragon, The Wind Dragon, The Lightning Dragon, The Darkness Dragon, and The Silver Dragon which was the most powerful of them all, for the Silver Dragon held the inner powers of the universe.

As time went by, the universe started to swirl our of their control. Demons and monsters started to over take their beautiful universe, making the dragons weak from using constant waves of energy to keep the demons at bay. From this rising of evil, a greater force than even the dragons themselves spawn. His name was Kain, and he was the ultimate demon! Slowly, he formed a group of seven of the most powerful demons in the universe, banning together to take control of the dragons.

They were sucessful in their mission, but the great Silver Dragon was able to get away from the corruption. She flew off to Earth, turning into her human form and found a man name Kal Lord. These two fell in love, and over time, had a son, born to be half man, half Silver Dragon. His mother once had a vision of his future, and it seemed that he could save this universe from the corruption.

Silver had to leave the planet, for she knew the demon Kain would be after her child. Marik was to stay with his father Kal Lord, and train to become a powerful warrior. Marik's father was the most powerful man on Earth at that time, having made his own style of knight he called, "Ballistic Knights". This was not the style taught to Marik however, for the Ballistic Knights were to use what were called "Shield Axes" and Marik always prefered a sword.

He grew quickly as a warrior, just as his father thought he would. At the age of 5, he had already surpassed his father in strength, but still had much more to learn. When he turned 6, a young lizard boy came to live with him and his father to train as a Ballistic Knight. This lizards name was, Syrus! Syrus was a very powerful young man-lizard, completing the apprentice training within the first two years of his stay.

Marik and Syrus became friends very quickly, though they were also rivals with fighting strength. Marik was always a few steps ahead of Syrus, but Syrus could take down Marik from time to time. Syrus left the small home after a few more years, returning back to the large city that now covered Earth to hone his skills.

Two years later after Syrus left, Marik was 17. One night, as he was sleeping, two men stormed into their home, looking for the young boy. Kal fought the men off as best as he could, but they were too strong. Seeing his father being cut down, Marik's mind snaps, sending him into the deepest form of dragon that he could go, he has come to call it, "Dragon Rage". As he did this, the men looked upon him with fear. Without any emotion, he brutally killed the two demons and ran.

A year later, he was captured by Kain's men and taken into a dugeon. For three years, he was tourchered and beaten. He only got to eat once a week, and Kain always talked about "Finding something within Marik". Eventually, Kain had ripped off Marik's wings, cut off his left arm, and burned out his right eye. Marik escaped while Kain was away, and now he wonders the giant city they call Earth, looking to take Kain's head for he has done to Marik's family.

((Just posting the story for good measure! ^_^))

Anonymous

((I am making the first post to be a flash back of how Marik escaped from Kain, and then got into the past. Might be a little long!))

Future: (5 days ago for Marik)

Hanging upside down by his legs, anger rises in his heart as a man walks in the room and takes out a long lazer whip. The large man starts to whip all over his body, yet he did not scream, or even grunt at all. They took one of his arms, but they would not take his pride! The large man with the whip starts to get tired, having been using all of his energy with every slash, and yet all it did was place a few small scars on this man's already scared up body. His eyes flash black for a moment after the man's last whip, and suddenly, he snaps. It would have been easy for him to escape earlier, but certain things always seemed to screw him over.

After his eyes flash back to red, he lifts his upper body to meet his legs, untying himself from the ceiling. The man with the whip looked upon him with fear, for he knew exactly what this man was capable of. Within a mere second, the one armed man had already shoved his right arm through the man's chest, killing him instantly. "Finally! My power has returned to me!" He could feel his second spirit had finally reawoke inside of him, returning the power that they tried to keep away from him with drugs. "It's time for them to pay..." Alarms started to go off as he walked out into the halls, unlocking all of the cell doors, and freeing as many people as he could from there touchering rooms, or where ever they might have been. Many guards tried to stop him, yet none were able.

As a large group of elite guards run towards him, their guns blazing in his direction, he runs up and jumps on one man's head, spinning around and snapping his neck. He flips back, landing on his hands with the dead man still in between his legs. His legs hurl the man towards the large group of people, making all of their bullets hit the dead man. As soon as the dead man gets close enough to the group of guards, this red eyed man shoots a large blast of energy, killing all of those elite guards instantly. "Fools..."

Hours had past and Marik had finally remade his body and weapon. His left arm and left eye were now completely robotic. He had his left arm covered completely, first by a long sleeve, then a small black cape that attached to his shoulder pad by buckel. His left leg was also the same in term of clothing. The right side however, well, at least his arm, was completely uncovered. Swirling down was a large silver dragon tattoo that streched from his shoulder to the back of his hand. From his hand, to half way up his forearm was a black leather glove.

The wind slowly blew back his long silver hair as he ran atop the large buildings, jumping whenever he reached and edge, and making it to the next. Kain had to pay for what he had done. It is because of Kain that Marik's parents were killed, and taking the only family he had left. He knew exactly where to find Kain. Something he over-heard brought knowledge of Kain working on some kind of strange spell on an island not far from the main city.

Speed was high on his list of incredible abilities, so it took no time at all to arrive. Facing Kain, he slowly unsheaths his giant of a sword and holds it towards him. It was as if he was holding a mere dagger, this sword being extremely light to him. "It is time Kain..time for you to pay for my father's death!"

Without a word, or turning around, Kain held his hand towards the ceiling and a large portal starts to open. "If you wish to kill me Son of Silver, then I suggest you follow..."

A flash occured and Marik was knocked unconscience for hours. When he awoke, he was out in a large field of grass, something his eyes had never laid eyes on, for there was nothing like this in the future. "Where...am I?"

((Alright, now we can post till we get blue in the face, or whatever.. Tell me what you think of my begining please!))

Anonymous

(i thought it was cool. don't mind me if her personality or appearance changes alot, she's very new and i'm still trying to feel her out)

Kyrioko felt like a creature in limbo. No time to pass - nothing to mark the aging except the beings around her. Many days she knew not of the year, which frustrated her but she remembered vividly when none of it mattered. She had been wandering through temples, eating finest meals and drinking the finest of wines. But then she had been thrown - and she didn't understand Mother Moon's wishes and found nothing but anger in her heart. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists and closed her dark, fathomless eyes that had inside them pools of silver and gold. A sigh escaped her as she stole to the shadows, keeping her eyes away from the brutal sun.

Like a shadow itself, she slunk by the trunks of the trees, there one minute and gone the next. She listened to the birds - how content they were. They told her nothing startled them, that no stranger lurked. But the birds that saw her did bristle with her passing. Was her shadows large and engulfing? She didn't quite know. Then again, she didn't care at all.

Entering the deepest of shadows, the thickest for only a few seconds, before it gradually opened into a bright field that burned her sensitive eyes. She quickly shut them with the invasion of sunshine, twisting her silver face away. Her lips twisted in a grimace, turning set and cold as if carved from stone. She moved through the trees and covered her eyes. A black linen dress clung to her, sleeveless and flowing to her ankles. Her skin was flawless, her dress sprinkled with silver but she was far from perfect. If you saw within those shining orbs of hers, you'd see a ruthless side who took no shame for her murders. Not one.

Kyrioko stepped farther into the field, her eyes squinting fiercly as her pupils constricted to pinpoints. She pulled the bandana to hang over her eyes so she had something to just peer from. She sought out nothing - but she caught the strange movement of someone not far from her. It was too late now  to steal into a shadow. And the space around her was too vast to provide proper hiding.

She flowed along the field, but no one could see the nearly invisible, silver tattoos along her legs that bound her to this God forsaken planet. Mother Moon, she thought, How dare you throw me onto this waste?

"What are you doing here?" Her voice rose, chilled and glaring.

Maybe he knew something she didn't.

Anonymous

((From now on, I am using default for Marik, and Red for Kain))

Slowly, he rises to his feet, looking upon the woman as she spoke. The eyes of this man would be strange indeed for these times, for they were both exposed. His one good eye was completely silver, looking to be a mirror towards the light of the sky. However, his other eye was a different story entirely. It was made of metal, being crafted onto the area inside where his eye used to be, and over where his eye lids were. The strange robotic eye looked to the womans entire body, gathering information of normal appearances such as height.

His body shifts towards the woman and his uncovered arm is placed upon his chest. Moving into a bow, his eyes stay upon her for his trust for anyone was limited. Did she mean harm? Was it fate that they meet here? Perhaps it was, but that was not on his mind at the time. "I am trying to figure that out myself." The words gracefully rolled from his tounge, having a calm and chilling feel to them.

((Sorry if everyone likes most posts bigger than this..))

Rhindeer

He was in his own environment, now.

At least, that was what those repressed instincts told him, not that he put much stock in instinct, no matter how powerful. Instinct told him a lot of things...but they were mostly things he was trying to avoid, like the superiority complex of his race that told him other beings were unworthy of anything less than slaughter.

Just like how he was unworthy of anything less than slaughter, according to his own bastard race. Weakness, not even the slightest hint of weakness, was not to be tolerated. Tolerate it, allow it, and you might as well just give it the free reign to breed and cripple centuries of culling, of strengthening precious bloodlines. It took only a single weak link to sever a chain, after all, and for this reason, fighting and even killing was practically an integral part of Cerenai society as they were encouraged to always test each other and, if there was an opening, conquer each other. Even mating rituals involved a fight, and even those could be violent and bloodyâ€"and not always consentual. But such was life, and what didn't kill you only made you stronger, right?

Sure, if you weren't considered a weak link marked for death.

Leaning against a tree, Kiade pulled absently at his robe to adjust it, and gazed out musingly at the village that lay ahead. It was an almost frightening thought to look back and wonder what would have happened if he hadn't been attacked and brutalized by those two Cerenai he had considered allies. If he had just been allowed to go on living his life the way he had...he would have been no different from them; just another killing machine. He still didn't know what, exactly, had stopped them from finally cutting his throat and bleeding him like a pig, nor why they'd just suddenly left him like that, nor why he'd survived afterward or how he'd ended up here, in this world. He should have died, if not by their hands, by blood loss alone. But he'd made it. And he still bore the scars from their claws that criss-crossed his arms and torso in an eternal mark of shame. Shame for what he'd once been and could have still been. And shame for what he'd endured.

And now, after all those years, here he was, standing at the threshold of a village that reeked of he very things Kiade had left behind, the veyr things he felt shame for. And yet, he felt dangerously attracted to it. It was familiar. It felt so much more familiar and less foreign than those human places, and in that way, he was both disgusted by it and comforted it.

Well...not really disgusted by it. Moreso at himself, for letting instinct take over long enough to drag him here.

But...it wasn't really harmful if he was just here and didn't do anything, right?

Unless...unless there were, somehow, others of his kind here, and that was the reason for this sense of familiarity...

A shiver ran through him, an almost imperceiveable contracting and relaxing of muscles, even though he knew that thought was silly.

It was the sight of a woman that pulled him lazily from his thoughts, a seemingly flawless beauty that seemed to come from nowhereâ€"well, at least to him; he hadn't been paying much attentionâ€"and address something on the ground. Kiade blinked, and watched as a man rose to his feet. And then blinked again. There was an unnatural look to himâ€"there was metal in his skin. Well...that was certainly unusual. Never mind that Kiade was no plain sight himself, what with his swirling turquoise eyes, red and blue tipped shoulder length blonde hair, pointed ears, nails, and teeth, heavy robe. Still, metal? It instantly piqued Kiade's curiosity, and without even meaning to, he found himself staring.

But Cerenai, for all their ferocity, were not without curiosity and appreciation for all things unusual or beautiful. It was just one strange trait of their race.

[ooo, apologies for the bad post; I suck at intros! XD]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

((Bad post my ass! Typos it had, but it was very good! I hope you guys don't mind that most of my posts besides my intro will only be around two paragraphs. I am hoping to get my writing skills up a little more. I am quite sure they are in need of work! heh!))

The feel of eyes upon him was annoying. He hated being watched, and even more so, being stared at for his impurities. Hatred was all that was in his heart, hatred for Kain and what he had taken. Everything that Marik ever knew was gone, and he was going to get his revenge. Slowly, his body swifts, turning him towards the strange man with a cold look in his one organic eye left. His other eye seemed to constantly move, feeding him information about the world around him. The steps of this man were silent and graceful, making his way towards this man who felt he needed to stare at him with interest. "......."

He no longer cared of any life, especially not his own. This man's stares were an insult to him, and he was not going to stand it. Some would probably say it was the Dragon's Spirit within him that always made him so angry, but he was who he was. He stood a good six feet and four inches, looking down to the man with anger in his eye. His body was slim, yet muscular as far as the eye could tell from his almost completely covered body. "Is there something you want from me?" The chilling in his voice was enough to make some go crazy with fear, but he knew this man held no fear towards him.

((Most of my posts will be about like that. *Scratches his head* I don't know how good it was..))

Rhindeer

[XD Yeah, I typo a lot lately because my wireless keyboard, since getting wireless internet, has decided to be a spaz. -_-;; And don't worry about your post lengths; just post what you feel inspired to post!]

Indeed, Kiade's strange eyes showed no fear when the man started over his way, though they did widen a few increments in surprise and bewilderment. Did he miss something...?

The guy was taller than Kiade, towering over his five feet ten inches, but Kiade only watched him calmly despite the slight feeling of unease that began gnawing at him. The man looked pissed about something, and from the way he was moving, it looked like he was pissed at him. Why, Kiade had no idea, but he was certain to find out. He shifted a little, folded his arms inside his robe. He hated confrontations, especially when he didn't know what sparked them. Hell, he'd had more than his fair share of them, an at a mere seventeen years of age, he'd seen enough bloodshed and persecution to last a lifetime.

"Not that I'm aware of," Kiade replied calmly and levelly, almost deadpan, as he looked up to meet the man's mismatched eyes steadily. Maybe he'd done something to offend? Some humans could be fickle like that. Or maybe he was just some thug looking for a fight. Some humans, Kiade had learned, could be just as aggressive as a Cerenai, though while he knew what drove Cerenai to do what they did, he didn't know about humans. "I do not know you," he added, tilting his head slightly to one side and narrowing his eyes a little to communicate his confusion.

But despite all his calm, his muscles had tightened beneath that robe he wore. Ugh.  He should have known that coming to a place that smelled like his old "home" could only mean trouble. And, while part of him perked at he thought of a conflict, at the idea of using his claws, he kept his hands clenched within his robe. Violence was as much a part of him as the blood that ran through his veins, and his kind were naturally attracted to and excited by the prospect of bloodshed. But it didn't mean he didn't own his impulses.

He was more than that, now.

But the palms of his hands were starting to hurt from his claws digging into them, so he removed one arm from his robe and scratched the back of his neck to keep his hand busy. "Um...is there a problem...?" he asked finally.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

His mind calms slowly towards the man. Though he did not care about the man's life, it was not like him to just attack someone for looking, as much of an insult as it was. He was taught to always be calm, and though he was angry with Kain, he started to let the calm settle in. ".....Excuse me..." His head turns back towards the small town. Trees, grass, and small villages made of wood? His eyes had told him correct, he was in the times of old. There was only one way for him to get back, and that was Kain. "Damnit... I need Kain alive to get back... he will have to open a portal sometime, and I'll be waiting for when that time comes!"

His body turns from the strange man and his graceful steps lead him towards the town that smelt of death. "It isn't much different here... Still so much killing..." The words came from his mouth in a low voice. Maybe it was loud enough for someone to hear, but at this point, it mattered not. The sky was clear, blue, and beautiful. It was actually much nicer here than his time, especially without the black sky. "The sun.... I have never seen it..." A small sigh falls from his lips as his steps continue towards the village. "...and I will never see it again..."

Anonymous

Kyrioko froze, her eyes had scanned him momentarily, but she felt the peering eyes that kept rather secret. And her silver flecked eyes flashed momentarily beneath the cover. She turned slowly, watching the man stalk towards the other. Her eyes glanced to the sky, a bewildered frown etching along her flawless face.

"Mother Moon, is this what you wish to show me?" She whispered, watching this confrontation.

Mother Moon, I do not understand your wishes. These people are just as vile as I and my kin; so why do you punish us so? With fewer of these nasty people, wouldn't it make this hell better? But my kin and I do not care of this planet. For I am eternal - our thrones and temples are far up high. Why must we be banned here? To such an unholy place... At least I live, she thought, smelling the violence and hate that they both wreaked of. This world was so strange.. How was she different from them? She was different in power, strength, and beauty... Well, over some. She rivaled many, but that wasn't the point, was it?

The silver sparkled stress swayed around her silver legs as she moved towards these scene. She glided rather well, her eyes narrowed upon this. A fight would be interesting - she would not help nor encourage. They could pick among themselves for all she cared. She was just a simple spectator, right?

But the forest shuddered and it went still and quiet, as if holding it's breath. Quite unnatural. She took a deep breath and stiffened. Was one of her kin around? She glared at the duo, the mechanical man's ill-temper would be a problem after all.

"Quiet," she hissed, gesturing around her.

Not even the breath of the wind sighed, not a bird nor insect. Just sheer and utter silence. And she was not put off, but she stood on guard. If her nose didn't fall her it was kin alright - a fiercer one, more driven by blood then her, ruthless, more advanced. It was male, he could turn into a beast with claw and fang.. And bat wings if she assumed correct. He lost all recognition with Mother Moon. But not Kyrioko - however fallen, she was still attached to that orb.

But her kin was no where in sight, but the forest was quite silent as her beautiful brother stalked the shadows. Was he near or far? She couldn't tell - secrecacy was apart of them.

[sucky, i know. watching One Piece, doing this during commercials]

Anonymous

((You guys are saying your post are sucky, and I'm sitting over here all like.. *Sigh* lol! This aught to be pretty interesting though!))

A strange feel did indeed fill the air, but it was none of his concern. This time, as beautiful as it may be, was just not his. What the people here went through was something he would have to ignore, even against his better judgment, for all he cared about was Kain. The giant sword upon his back shined brightly within the sunlight, making it actually seem to be a beautifully crafted tool, even if it was a tool of death.

Normally, seeing what he had seen would make this the best day of his life, but nothing was good about this day. "I almost had him... I almost had his head within my hands, but he got away. What was that power he used? How did he make that portal to bring us here? Was it his intention to have me follow? So many questions...when will I find my answers father....when?"

((I don't really know about that show One Piece personally. Seems a little too strange for me, though I do like the guy with the three swords!))

Rhindeer

Kiade blinked in obvious confusion when the man suddenly backed down and excused himself, but his tension decreased as he watched the man turn. Wait...what? The man hd been so aggressive toward him a moment ago, and Kiade still didn't understand why! His hand paused on his neck and then slid slowly off to go back to hanging relaxedly at his side. Well...that was odd. But, then, he was also in a rather bad area, and he knew it. He should expect random acts of violence.

And he should be used to them, too, considering where he came from.

His sensitive ears picked up on what the man muttered as he began to walk away, and if it weren't for his words, Kiade would have probably just let him go and forgotten about the small confrontation altogether. The first part didn't catch his interestâ€"it was obvious to Kiade that this was a place of death and violence; Kiade could smell it in the air, feel it in his very blood, even. But it was the last part that interested him. Never see the sun? How was that even possible?

However, before his natural curiosity could take effect and he could question itâ€"and very politely and carefully; he had no desire for a fight no matter what his instincts screamedâ€"another voice cut in, a warning to be quiet, and when Kiade followed the voice to its source with his eyes, he recognized the woman he'd seen a little earlier. She looked...wary.

So, of course, that immediately put Kiade a bit on edge, his muscles clenching a little in anticipation. "What is it?" he hissed back, a low whisper.

[*cringe*]