Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Stranger [One on One]

Started by Anonymous, August 03, 2010, 06:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A man in a blood red outfit walked through town. He walked past the people not bumping into anyone as he looked around. He had no money and it had been a day since he had any food or drink. He walked fine though, used to such conditions. He made sure his weapons were hidden under his coat, unsure of how it would be viewed in this city. He walked down a bit more before eventually stopping and sitting down against a wall. He took a deep breath and took out a red book. On the front and back was a black symbol that was unknown and looked strange. He read the single page of text.

"To move along the shadows your presence and sense of being must resemble that of which you wish to become. Just as the shadows lack light and independent motion, you too will move along the shadow already in existance. Focus your mind on such darkness and lack of light and you will be able to move just as the shadows do. This is the art of Neo Shadowing."

He stared at it for a couple minutes before turning the page and then putting it away. He then sat there and watched people walk by, he tilited his hat downward so his eyes remained hidden.

Axel had wandered alone a good majority of his life and although he was used to it for the most part, he still sort of wanted someone to speak to. He eventually closed his eyes and drifted in and out of sleep.

Anonymous

A hooded figure walked along the street, feet moving quickly. A hooded figure wasn't something uncommon or suspicious, for it was in the months where the weather was cold and it was simply a way to warm oneself. She could not use magic to warm herself, for she would be hunted down. The only reason in the world that she was in this dreaded place was that she had thought that she had a lead as to where Shadow was. Now a feeling of dread was setting itself within her, and it didn't help as to find her evil sister. In her hurry, she accidentally bumped against a figure sitting next to the wall. She turned, the small part of her face that was visible looking apologetic. "I'm sorry, sir..." She stood for a moment, then kneeled down and asked, "I'm sorry to bother you, but have you seen a dark-looking woman with a sword? And what's the fastest way out of this place?"

Anonymous

Axel in a second awoke, his hand immediately rested on the sword on his left but he did not unsheath it. He then relaxed a bit seeing as she didn't seem threatening. He tipped his hat upwards having it be polite she could see his eyes. Her eyes met a nature green pair of eyes that like hers carried dignity and accomplishment.

"I'm sorry but I don't believe I do. I am but a wanderer, however I do think that I know the location of the town's western exit. I'm quite a foreigner so I can't say I understand this city or what is allowed or not" Axel said as he sat up straight.

"As for the person you speak of, I haven't necessarily been watching the people who go by with detail. However I am always wary of who carries a weapon on them, so aside from you today. I have not met anyone else who has been carrying a sword" Axel said as his eyes remained gazing back at hers.

Anonymous

Amber looked hopeful when he mentioned the exit. After all, she hadn't truly expected to find her sister here. It was a game of cat and mouse, and the mouse could melt into the shadows where even the cat couldn't see.

This man seemed polite enough. She wondered who he was for a moment, but then figured she shouldn't pry into his business. She absently regarded the way he had reached for something hidden at first. Most likely a weapon, she thought to herself. She said, "Once again, I don't wish to be an annoyance, but could you help me find this exit? You see, I'm not really supposed to be here..."

Anonymous

Axel nodded lightly as he stood and stretched. He walked with her through the town walking towards the west. He would often bump into people preventing them from walking into the stranger he was helping. Axel walked with her getting closer and closer to the exit until finally the two stood before a large passageway leading in and out of the city.

"I think this is it" Axel said as he looked around himself. When he walked it was fairly obvious something was amiss. He strayed a little but it wasn't anything an ordinary individual could pick up on.

The two walked towards the exit when the guards standing by the end of the exit moved them both out. Axel looked up at the gateway and sighed. He himself didn't truly intend on leaving but he was out and it didn't look like he was going to get back in.

Anonymous

Amber had been fearful of the guards discovering that she was a magic user, but they didn't seem to realize. She sighed when the got out of the gates. It wasn't over, though. She was still in Connlaoth. But, it would be much less dangerous outside the city. She looked up at her new companion. "I'm sorry that I caused you trouble. I'm...just rather lost." She looked up at the sky, hood pulling back slightly and revealing a bit more of her face.

Anonymous

Axel looked down at her and then shook off his feeling of tension.

"Don't worry about it. Although these lands are foreign to me I can still attempt to help you if I can. You're searching for this individual right?" Axel asked as he looked down at her.

Axel wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to travel with her, he knew nothing about her. He was unsure but at the same time he did not want to appear to be hostile.

Anonymous

Amber was usually a loner. Revenge was a lonely, ugly business that, in the end, would need two graves to be dug. The reason she had not traveled with anyone before was that she had become a rather mistrusting individual over the years. It was difficult not to be. For all she knew, the man next to her could be a bounty hunter, looking for mages. Despite this, she was tired of the feeling of being alone with nowhere to go. She wanted this man's assistance. After all, in a way, it was better than being lost. She said, "It would be a good idea for me to get out of Connlaoth to search for this person. And thank you very much for being so kind, I wish I could give you something in return. " She smiled a little. "By the way, I'm Amber. What's your name?"

Anonymous

"My name is Axel. Pleasure to meet you Amber" Axel said as he got down on his left knee and rested his forearm on the right, he bowed his head. This was a common greeting of high valor for knights and it was strange seeing a man looking like him to do it. He stood and looked around him.

"Although I can't say I know the area well I can certainly try to help you travel and find a way out of here. As for something to give me, I couldn't take anything from you" Axel said fighting off his hunger and thirst.

Anonymous

Amber tilted her head slightly in curiousity, but it didn't show. What a curious sort of man. She hadn't met many people that were this polite, or helpful. It was a strange thing to her. The kind of places she usually ended up in were not the kind anyone would want to be in alone. Fortunately she was remembering her manners. It was a fine thing that he hadnt gotten to see the more....'lovely' side of her speech. She observed him for a moment, then said, "It's nice to meet you too." Her voice was a bit rough, as if it wasn't used for the soft speech she was using at the moment often. It sounded as if she was normally used to using a yelling voice. "By the way, you seem kind of hungry. I could get some food for you, but I would have to catch it." A glint came to her eye.

Anonymous

Axel looked to her and then looked off. He was a little taken back b y the fact that she was able to tell he was hungry. He had thought of catching fish or something of the sort but couldn't even manage to find a body of water. Rather he hadn't even thought of trying to hunt for something.

"Well, I'd appreciate it so long as I can help in the process" Axel said as he smiled. Axel often forgot that with the collar of the cloak his face was hidden so hopefully she could pick up on his expression anyway.

The two walked in the opposite direction of Connlaoth as Axel looked around the area, almost as if scanning it.

"So why are you traveling alone?" Axel asked.

Anonymous

Amber shrugged. "I didn't have anyone to accompany me. Also, I couldn't manage to get anyone to come with me when I set off, so I have stayed alone." Her eyes flicked back and forth, as if looking for something. "To be honest, you're the most polite person I've seen in the past few years, really. You see, my past is unfortunate, and that doesn't help much." She sighed. "Also, people tend not to enjoy my company..."

Anonymous

"I appreciate the compliment, and so far I have yet to see anything that would deter me from enjoying your presence." Axel said as he looked ahead.

"I don't believe our past describes us, but what we learn from it can" Axel said as he looked down at her. He regretted what he said for he often spoke of proverbs and it was usually taken the wrong way and people would think he was lecturing them. His lack of social skills over the years showed that he really was a bit thrown off now that he had company.

Anonymous

Amber had a bit of a smirk on her face. It had no ill meaning behind it, however. She said, "Ah, most women aren't so used to fighting with a sword that it's like part of them. That's what throws people off when they realize the fact. It doesn't bother you that I'm a fighter, does it?" She looked up at him, eyes brimming with curiosity and a hint of amusement. She wished her social skills were not as lacking in the back of her mind.

Anonymous

Axel smiled.

"Not as long as you don't mind that sword mastery has been my life as well" Axel said as he moved his coat a bit revealing two swords strapped to each side.

"I too am a lover of combat, sparring against powerful enemies and combat in itself intrigues me. Reason why I travel" Axel said as the two stumbled across a small river.

"Hopefully this won't harm your warrior pride" Axel said as he picked her up bridal style and walked through the river. He then remembered the fish idea, but decided he'd hunt for them once they were through it.

Anonymous

Amber smiled a bit more when she saw he was also a sword fighter. They seemed to have more in common then she thought. She was about to reply while stumbling through the river when she was suddenly swept off her feet. She made a small noise of surprise but did not protest. The expression of complete surprise on her face for the moment was quite amusing for the short time it remained. She managed to say, "Interesting thing. I was born into a family of warriors myself."

Anonymous

Axel smiled, thinking that he had a good amount in common with this woman. When he had walked through the river he helped her back onto her feet. He then turned and walked a bit upriver until he saw a fish swimming against the flow. He knelt down and waited for a minute and then in a flash his arm shot into the water as he grabbed the fish. As he held th single fish with his right hand a second fish went to swim by. He caught it with his left hand balancing himself accurately. He then pulled his arms out of the water as he slowly stood and waved his arms to try and dry off a bit. He walked back over to where Amber was. He kicked a tree swiftly having some bark fall off. He sat down, the bark in front of him. He reached into his coat and pulled out a small bronze knife. He decapitated both fish and split them down the line of their stomachs. He cut along the gills and then threw them aside. He then reached in and pulled out the skeleton. He cut the fish meat into pieces before returning the small knife to its leather sheath. He placed the bark in front of her and smiled. He leaned over by the water and took out a cantine and filled it with the river water. He placed his hand on its bottom and heated it, killing any bacteria it might have. He then pulled the heat from the cantine making the water cold. He drank from it and smiled having his thrist relieved.

"Please eat" he said as he motioned to the food and smiled to her.

Anonymous

Amber watched as he swiftly caught the fish. She was rather impressed at how fast he was. However, it was to be expected of such a person to be able to move quickly. She was a bit surprised when he used heat magic to warm the water. She tilted her head to the side again, her expression once again filled with curiousity. Or, the part of her face that was visible. This man could use magic? Why was he in Connlaoth? She began to eat rather hastily, then ate more slowly. Her manners hadn't improved. She said, "I am curious, why are you in Connlaoth if you can use magic?" She said this quietly, even though she knew there was  nobody nearby.

Anonymous

Axel ate at a steady pace as he looked to her.

"I'm guessing Magic isn't allowed in Connlaoth. Well it's not really magic rather, life energy converted into heat. But I suppose authorities wouldn't find that any different from magic" Axel said as he smiled. When he was eating the collar was undone so his face was visible. His green eyes held peace but with verocity. He had a light fiv o clock shadow and a scar that went upwards on his left cheek, it wasn't visible if it went over his eye.

"As for why I was in Connlaoth. I just happened to stumble across there. Every town or village I've been to, I keep my weapons hidden and refrain from using any abilities of mine. Unless of course I see otherwise and I know its alright." Axel said as he placed another piece of fish in his mouth.

"What about you? Any special abilities aside from the way of the sword?" Axel asked.

Anonymous

Amber nodded, savoring the taste of the fish. "I can use some fire magic, but I dare not do it here, for what if someone realizes that and puts a price on my head? I can't have that." She looked thoughtful for a moment. "Also, there is something else about me that I guess you could call an abnormal thing..." She took off her hood for a moment, revealing her fox-like ears. She put the hood back on and said, "Does that bother you? The fact that I am not totally a human?"