Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Scroll

Started by Anonymous, May 15, 2005, 07:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Saria looked up sharpy as the Mage strode in, along with one of his gurads. Smiling, she listend to his question,
"Nope, not had any problems sir!" she reported, "The little elf has been incredabliy quiet, I almost thought him dead," she was supprised at how...happy she felt to be doing something at all! Saria drifed up to the magicain who towered over her, "Sir, if you don't mind me asking," she began, "What are you going to do now?"

((Sorry for the short post, I'm doing   //http://www.nanowrimo.org/))

Anonymous

In the slight pause while Rumaris went outside, Nywin's mind slowly began to drag itself to clarity.  What had happened in the past few minutes?  It was all a blur, a tortured blur.  Was he going mad?  How long had he been imprisoned here?  All of the questions came one right after the other, but there was not enough recovery from the agony to give him enough time to think of an answer for even the first of them.  He only wished that it would end.  The only thing he could hold on to was the fact that he just couldn't let Rumaris have what he wanted; he couldn't give him the runes.  What would have been worse than going against the custom of his people in making an attempt on his own life would have been trying to end it all in a worse way, by letting the evil overcome him and force him to turn to it in order to get relief.  But what guarantee did he have that he would be shown any less torment even if he did give Rumaris the runes?  Nywin nearly lost consciousness again as he drew yet another labored breath, doing all that he could to keep from going fully mad.

Anonymous

"That's an interesting question, spirit, considering what I promised you.  How else would a being such as you be able to feel anything without a body?  This person failed me in his duties, so I believe you deserve his body more than he does."

The guard, sitting against the wall, began to tremble all the more, "M-master...?"

"Yes, I was," Rumaris cut him off, "until you decided that hiding was a better option than obeying my will."

"But, e-everyone else was k-kil..."

"Killed?  Yes, well, it just goes to show their incompetence.  I'm sure you'll be glad to join them, shortly."  The man started blubbering incoherently as he slowly began to understand that his surviving had been for naught.  "Oh, honestly," Rumaris sighed, "is that really the best way you can think of to leave the world?  I should really think about investing in higher quality mercenaries for my guards from now on."  

The mage had slowly been wandering away from the man toward Saria and Nywin.  He quickly switched his staff to his left hand and deftly swung around to plant his right hand in Saria's chest.  Oddly enough, he lifted her off the floor as he spun completely back around to face the crying guard.  Saria was stuck to the mage's hand, which was glowing faintly black.  He eyed her knowingly and mumbled in a creepily comforting tone, "No worries, spirit.  You'll have a body soon."  He spoke not to confirm the obvious, but to reassure her.  He knew that even she must be feeling the cold touch of his hand as it radiated necromantic energy.  He knew not if she'd ever felt the embrace of death, or if she even remembered the feeling, if that was indeed how she had gained her spiritual form, but his touch now would most certainly be very similar to that grasping clutch of impending doom that approaching death produced.

His gaze shot back to the guard, piercing and flat once again.  He pointed his staff at the man and declared, "I'll need you to stand for this."  No sooner had he said so when a bolt of blue light leapt from the staff and enveloped the guard.  Wide-eyed with terror, the man stood and wandered mechanically a few feet away from the wall, as if not of his own will.  As the mage approached him, fear overrode his bladder control, and a dark stain spread over the front of his pants.  The mage sneered menacingly at the display and thrust his right hand and Saria before him and into the man's chest.  Saria seemed to pass right through the body, but closer inspection showed a spirit version of the man passing out the back, as if the entrance of Saria's spirit had forcefully pushed out the man's very soul, which at this moment was drifting about behind his old body.  A few sorcerous words from Rumaris and a black pulse caused the man's body to stiffen before falling loosely to the floor.

The man's soul looked a little disoriented until Rumaris directed his eyes at it.  It noticed and set to wailing frightfully.  The mage frowned, "As for you, I have no need for any waste material.  Taking the staff in his right once more, Rumaris blasted the soul with white light.  The holy magic would be more than enough to banish the wandering spirit from his mansion, and was probably even enough to send it off to the afterlife.  Looking down at the crumpled body of his old guard, Rumaris waited for the spirit to take control of her new vessel.

OOC: Darkclaw, i'll let you decide what the man looks like.

Anonymous

OOC: Thanks!

Saria shuddered as her spirit was sucked into the mans body. She automaticaly reached out for a brain; anything where her conciousness could live inside this mans body. Gasping for the air she had never had to breath before Saria stretched out her control over the mans body. Her magic invaded every pore and every cell preventing any chance of rejection. Jerking around, she fell to the floor.  Spitting and spluttering the mans form clambered to its knees,
"What?" His voice, while being esentialy the same was in some wy much more femine, "What is this feeling?" She asked, crumbling the grime on the floor between her fingers.

After spending several moments on the floor like this she looked up and noticed the wizard. Blushing she scrambled to her feat, she looked around the room.A Noticing for the first time the way the light played on the wall. She wrinkled her nose at the strangeness of the first time she had ever smelt something. The dampness of her rough clothes felt funny against her skin. As Saria breathed in the stale air it finaly hit her. She was alive!

She looked down at her pale hands and her guardsmans clothes. Running her fingers through her hair she realised that it was tied up. Pulling the cloth out from her dark mahogany hair she felt its weight on her shoulders. Suddenly she identfied the tickly feeling on her chin; she had stubble! Turning swiftly, she remembered the Mage.
"Thank-you!"

Anonymous

"I reward the faithful and punish the cowards.  I acknowlege your thanks as the worship due me from a servant."  Rumaris smiled inwardly.  Her reactions to a flesh body were amusing.  "Your first task as such will be to help me resituate my prisoner to a more secure cell," he indicated Nywin with a tilt of his staff, and that she should carry him.  A small oversight prompted his next question, "What should I call you, spirit now in flesh?"  She had never indicated having a name.  As if expecting her to answer, he turned away and began walking out the broken doorway to lead her to the adjacent cell where he would have her shackle Nywin to the wall.

Anonymous

The man's body looked up at the mage with the question,
"Didn't I tell you?" It shook its head, "I'm Saria," She smiled and moved towards the elf. Kneeling gently besides him she eased her arms under his limp head and lifted him up. She wasn't surprised at his light weight, she knew about that sort of thing. You didn't live from the beginning of time for nothing. Standing up she turned around glancing at the manacles. Saria frowned, were they really needed? The elf couldn't walk, hell he wasn't even conscious. Glancing up at the figure watching over her however she did as he commanded.

Straightening up as she clipped the last chains around the frail wrist Saria turned back to look at the mage,
“If you don’t mind me asking sir, what is your name?� She stuttered slightly as she gained control of the tongue, “It’s just that I have no idea what to call you…�

Anonymous

The mage smiled, a sight that was almost eerie in that it seemed the subtle wrinkles should have been far more defined for that kind of expression, even if he did only look to be in his mid thirties.  "I am Rumaris.  I'd prefer if you added some kind of respectful title to that.  I'm hardly that picky, as long as there is one.  Now, stand back, Saria."  He ushered her away gently and pointed his staff at Nywin.  

A white glow slowly began lighting up the room until it was piercing to the eyes.  The chained elf was receiving the brunt of the spell.  When that was finished, Rumaris spread his hands and did a short chant, and a red mist spread over the prisoner.  The elf was revealed to be completely healthy, and even seemed to be more alert.  The first spell had been one of powerful healing, and the second had been to sensitize his pain receptors.  Now it would feel like the shackles, and even his clothing, were made of course sandpaper.  It wouldn't do any damage, but it would certainly be an uncomfortable experience.  "I'll leave you here to think about my request."

The mage beckoned to Saria, and he closed the cell door when they had exited.  From there, he led her to the more comfortable rooms of the mansion, away from the dungeon.  He had things to discuss with his new servant, and he made sure to keep that intention apparent in the way he occasionally glanced at her as they walked.  Eventually, he brought her to a smallish room with all the amenities: bed, window, chest of drawers, desk with chair, and even a sink and mirror in one corner.  Rumaris sat in the chair.