Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Do you run for a reason? [Shizzy]

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2010, 07:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Nog shuffled around his small house cleaning all the old papers and books he had looked through he didn't know how to read but he liked the pictures and he felt he got the idea of the paper. With a sickly grin he looked at his small house and then his ax. "Should I go get fire wood?" He asked to himself, he opened the small wooden door. "Don't you think it's a beautiful day?" He walked over to where he had chopped wood for the past years. With each chop echoed a returning chop. His life had been dull but he liked it that way. Nog wiped the sweat from his brow as he watched the tree fall. Chopping off a section of wood he placed it on the stump and chopped that into two.

Carrying those sections back he placed them in his small pile of wood. " Do those who work deserve a break?" He smiled and went to his small pool if water cupping his hands he sipped lightly on the water. Nog climbed upon his home standing her made a deep bellowing noise and clapped as he spoke in his tongue. "Ru'gha Gandu Fafa?" then in the human's tongue "Do you rest spirits?" This was Nog's life to try and earn forgiveness for his cowardice on the battle field. Every morning afternoon and night.

Anonymous

How long had it been since he had lost his friend?

Time was funny here...he didn't know how long a day was, most people had a very rudimentary idea of time, hours and minutes and days were all very...lenient. Well of course, he knew that when the sun came to when it went down and the moon was at its height that was a day...or something along those lines. He liked the night more than the day anyway...but his people...his people loved the night. So he figured that if any were here...they'd rest during the day, and move during the night. So he'd do the opposite. Move during the day...and then...well he kept moving during the night too.

Of course, he could sleep, and he did like to sleep...but it was dangerous, it was really dangerous. So it was always a good idea to keep moving, to keep running, to stop only when you really had to.

In the forest at night, he blended in REALLY well too. He looked like a tree almost...at least, in some strange way, with a large jagged crown on his head, long spindly arms and legs...one could easily mistake him at night to be a tree. Of course, it helped that he was also covered in a strange black substance, that helped to blend him in nicely. It was a strange covering, like a tar that had hardened and molded onto him. Of course, it didn't help that he had five bright glowing green eyes placed randomly on his face, they sort of illuminated the night for him...unless he closed them.

That was neither here nor there though, because right now it was a bright sunny day out. No Culmination out here to get him, no sir! He was as free to do as he pleased. Mostly. He stuck to the brightness of the forest. Oh he hated forests. Any tree might be his people! Any of them could hold a Culmination, and all the shadows? He wasn't going to stick around here for very long. He couldn't stick around here for long at all. It was scary here...very scary here.

And then...noises. Strange noises from the forest. Thanks to the special covering on his body, he could hear something...strange. That's all he could describe it as. Despite his fear, he was curious. What could be making it after all? He knew Culmination noises, and this didn't sound like them. He'd be able to know their noises easily. Slipping through the trees and the brush, he carefully crept up to the noise, just in time to witness something cutting down a tree. He watched the strange monster as it did so...chopping up the tree as if it were nothing.

Well, he couldn't blame the thing, it was pretty...strong looking. Then it spoke...and...in a question. That was odd. Why did it ask itself a question? Then it spoke in some odd, rough language and once more back in the common tongue. Spirits? Who was it talking about? What was it talking to? The strange five eyed creature took a step forward, only to step on a dry branch. The sound was absolutely deafening to him, so he could only imagine what the other thing had heard. In a moment of sheer panic, he shut his five eyes and stood still, arms outstretched oddly to look like a tree. Maybe it would just think he was an odd deadwood or something. Just anything that was harmless and shouldn't be approached.

Oh he could only be so lucky.

Anonymous

Nog smiled as he climbed down then he heard a crack of a branch. His smile faded and he turned to see his intruder. "Who is out there?" He  went to his ax grabbing it he slung it over his shoulder. "Spirits or human what are you?" Thud thud thud. Each step he got clearing of the trees. "Do you think I will harm you? Do you see me as a monster?" Nog shifted around no beings were around and he smelt only nature but a different smells like flowers. "Joma?" He spoke in a soft tone meaning mother. "Can't you see me sorry Joma?" He spoke shifting his step as if he would turn around to see his mother, as he turned again he saw something a strange it looked like a tree but like someone had tried to make it something different.

"Is this a sign from you Joma?" He dropped his ax and approached the tree pulling a small carving from his pack. Jamming it into the dirt in front of the tree. "Will you forgive my cowardice ancestors? Do you see I am weak? Can you fix my wrongs?" Nog knelt and began to pray silently. If Nog had some common sense he could see that this was no sign from above. That it was a creature trying to just stay safe. But there he was praying for forgiveness from his dead clan. The honor in praying was sacred in the ogre clans. To pray one must always have his guide. If the guide is lost then the Ogre is doomed to walk the spirit world forever searching. One must always pray for strength for if a ogre doesn't have strength he is a coward and a embarrassment to the clan.

Nog stood picking up his guide. "What god do you represent strange thing?" Looking for any sign of a symbol from a god. But to no avail why had this thing shown up "Do you must symbolize my dark deeds spirit?" Nog frowned and sat in front of the tree. "What have I done to deserve you?" A few minutes passed and he spoke once more. "Will you ever answer me?" So there Nog sat waiting for something to happen just a sign.

Anonymous

Why was it asking questions so much? This was really starting to weird him out. He didn't know what the heck this thing was, or why it was asking so many odd questions but he was going to stay still of the time being. Then it started talking about Joma. Now, he didn't know what Joma was, but it seemed to be some sort of...well he wasn't sure. It had to have been something close to the creature, but what it could be, he didn't know. He wasn't sure he wanted to know. Usually he just ran from things like this but...his curiosity had overpowered his cautious nature.

That might not happen again.

And then more questions and...something was happening, but he couldn't see. He cracked an eye just slightly open...the creature had placed something in front of him...and was...was it PRAYING to him? Okay, this was something incredibly odd and incredibly scary. Had he just created a religion? No...he couldn't have. That would be crazy. Though the thing did ask what he represented. Okay maybe he should speak...maybe he should just tell this big...tree chopping thing that it was all a big misunderstanding.

"Y-yes, w-when I find my v-voice." He managed to squeak out finally. Slowly the creature opened all five of his eyes, but didn't dare start moving just yet. "I'm n-not from any g-gods though. just a t-traveller looking for h-his way is all." Slowly, VERY slowly, he began to lower his arms. Yeah, just a big misunderstanding. That's all this was. "N-not an omen or...a-anything from your ancestors. J-just me, Niff."

Anonymous

Nog jumped a little when it spoke a quite tone that was somewhat soothing. Looking at the creature when it opened it's eyes spooked Nog even more what was this thing, It seemed to have a cautious attitude or maybe even fear for Nog.

Standing Nog inspected the creature he had never met a Niff before. Green eyes shown across Niff's head like emeralds. It was a strange beauty that even Nog's small mind could understand. Whatever this thing was it was something new to Nog,Nog had seen travelers before but mostly merchants,bandits, and hunters which all had a fun meeting with Nog's ax This Niff thing didn't seem to be like any of those people he seemed a little like he was running from someone or something. Could this thing be afraid of something he seemed to be the most frightening thing he had seen before.

"Do you run from someone?" Nog questioned his eyes shifted as if his chasers were closing in. Nog understood running for fear of someone,even if it was a sign of cowardice it kept a person alive. Don't get him wrong half of his brain told Nog to go get his ax and kill this strange thing, that was the ogre mantra if you don't understand it smash it till you don't need to know what it is.That wasn't the most useful to something that seemed to be shaken as bad as Niff was so Nog forgot the idea for now.

Anonymous

Of course Niff had a reason to be scared of the brutish looking creature. It had just been chopping trees apart, and people sometimes said that he looked like one in way...and so...he was scared that this thing wanted to chop him up and use him for firewood.

He was itching to get running again though. There was nothing that could come from this meeting, except for maybe an axe to the head...but Niff was a polite creature, and it was true that the creature hadn't done anything to him...except it was asking a lot of questions. That's all it was doing...asking questions...and he didn't understand that. It was something that sort of scared Niff...but then again Niff was a creature who was scared of lots of things...like his own shadow.

"W-what? Run? N-no not me! J-just like to see the w-world is all." Niff told the strange creature as he tensed slightly. How did it know he was running?! What the heck was this thing! Oh Culmination it could read his mind couldn't it?! Could it! Was it reading it right now. This was bad, this was really bad. This thing that talked in questions and could read minds and chopped down trees. Every bit of Niff's body told him that he should run.

He should really run.

"S-so I think t-then I should get back to the world! L-lots to s-see and all."

Anonymous

He hated this curse, he hated the hermit, he hated a lot of things but most of all mages for causing him to to run, damn every last one of them. Nog noticed he was worrying Niff with every question. Perhaps this was Nog's life to scare nice people who didn't do a thing to him. "Do you not like the curse?"

Even though this creature said he was traveling the world which was reasonable, a lot of people explored for fun. Nog still thought this couldn't be all true what kind of thing doesn't see a ogre once in a while.

He didn't want this thing to leave it didn't attack him. Nog liked things who didn't attack him on sight. " Would you like to have drink?"  He thought of more things that sounded nice. Things people would say to other.... people. "Do you want to know that I mean no harm to you?" Ogres are not known for their kindness but when your a lonely ogre you become kind of soft to every new person.

Anonymous

"T-the curse? What...what c-curse?" Oh Culmination! Did the creature curse him with something? Was he suddenly going to burst into flame now? What was this creature doing?! Something was seriously wrong, and Niff could feel his hearts racing. Oh they were just going fast like a drum beat. He began to nervously fidget, his hands at his front playing with his fingers. Oh this couldn't have been good at all. This couldn't have been really good at all.

"A d-drink? Oh n-no, I'm g-good, really!" As if he was going to accompany this thing ANYWHERE. He was pretty sure that this thing wanted to eat him or kill him or do something to him, after it all, it probably cursed him already! Niff swallowed at the next words. "I w-would b-but I don't k-know if I w-would believe it." This creature was not helping his case that Niff should run. In fact, Niff was starting to get antsy. This meeting was scary enough, and this thing was...just way too worrying for Niff.

Run. You have to run. It'll kill you. Run run run for the love of the darkness run Niff. He could hear that voice in his mind just repeating this over and over, and he was starting to believe it. Oh yes. Running would be very good.

Anonymous

"You have a curse? So is your curse like mine?" This thing was confusing Nog and Nog did not like to be confuse it made him question more. "Do you think you should be going?" Nog was still think of grinding his ax into this thing on the principal that it was strange and he didn't understand what he was. No Nog no you must try and make peace. " Could you forgive my rudeness? Would you like to know my name is Nog? Have you noticed I question? Should I tell you it is not forced?" The separated sentences were mostly a plea to stay,he didn't mean to scare this thing even though it shook like a baby deer.

Nog out his hand out slowly. "Are you not a fan of ogres? Do you think we are scary?" He tried to think of more things to say to calm this person. Nog could tell he wanted to run and far. If he ran Nog wasn't going to put up a chase no point in sticking his head in where it didn't belong.

Anonymous

"I didn't say I h-had a cu-curse!" Niff said quickly, almost utterly confused of this strange being. There was something very off about it, and it looked...dangerous to say the least. No, it wasn't part of the Culmination, but it was...it was a threat. Threats were meant to be run from, as far and as fast as possible, considering that they were...you know...THREATS. "I don't...I don't kn...I don't know what you m-mean." Something was very...what did it mean by it wasn't forced? And that...it had been a little rude and it said he should be going.

That was pretty much good enough for Niff!

More so as the creature reached his hand out to him and asked if they were scary. Yes they were very scary! With nothing more than a terrified squeak, Niff suddenly bolted. For such an odd looking creature, he was incredibly good at running. With five eyes, he was able to see roots, branches, obstacles, and with long legs he was able to accurately compensate for anything in his way.

There was no way he was going to stay here with this thing, it clearly was deranged and clearly wanted to eat him.