Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Another start, just another beginning

Started by Anonymous, January 01, 2005, 05:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ayvi lingered towards the edges of one of the main roads of the village, towards a group of market stalls. The one she was nearest too was being run by an unpleasantly plump man with greasy stains on his tunic. He belched loudly and chuckled to herself. Wrinkling her nose in disgust, Ayvi quickly moved away from that particular stall. Unfortunately, the steps had brought her closer to the center of teh road, and into the activity of it. In the space of a few minutes, she was jostled quite a few times, whice had put her off a bit. The girl was used to quiet, secluded spaces and wasn't quite used to such a large number of people. Above all, she looked uncertain. And alone.

Anonymous

[Vivi stood in the middle of the crowded street and was thanked by some passerbys with rude remarks, some of which he didn't fully understand. this place was new to him, the dark summoner still found humans and their ways strange to him and, despite the fact he did not like large groupings he was drawn here simply out of curiosity, and he was beginning to hate his curiosity. his red eyes closed halfway and he tried to spread his wings but found himself too crowded. beginning to panic he started to push his way through the people and ran directly into someone, causing him to fall over backwards. without looking at the person, he was still busy looking for a way out, he stumbled his way through an apology. he began to get up but found part of the armor over his fingers had become stuck in between a crack in the rough road. due to his awkward position he struggled to get it unstuck since removing it wasn't an option. his head whipped around instinctively as people around him continued bumping into him but he couldn't understand why none of them would help. what was wrong with these humans!? he removed one of his blades and tried to chip away at the stone to get free still looking for a hole in the crowd]

Anonymous

not a guest it just wasn't letting me log in...just thought i'd let you know

Anonymous

Ayvi whirled around when someone ran into her, rather hard. Then she couldn't help it, she stared. She had seen some rather odd folk in her day, and especially in this village, but wings and armor in the central market? That was new, and it threw her off a bit.

"Umm.. should I.. I mean, do you need.."

She triled off and backed up a bit as the swinging blade came a little too close too her leg.

"Er... help?"

((OOC: S'okay. You may want to post your character on the join page. Make it official and all.))

Anonymous

[He looked up at the one he had run into and paused for a moment] uh...ok [was all he managed to say, at least someone was nice enough to help.  He tried yanking again but to no avail. He hated feeling trapped around groups of people.... who knew which ones could be trusted? He put his sword back slowly, since it wasn't doing anything more than getting him a few odd looks and looked to the girl to see what she might be able to do to help]

(ooc-eheh...oops, I didn't move him to the new one, his join post is in the old join page under cobrabite 911...I think [darkness falls] or something like that is the subject...maybe I should move him since it wouldn't let me log back in under that other screen name....)

Anonymous

She took a half-step forward, and chewed on the corner of her lip hesitantly. The bit of his armor was indeed firmly wedged in the tiny gap between the uneven stones of the road. And he had obviously already tried to pull it out. For a moment Ayvi considered for a moment suggesting combining forces, but realized her feeble strength probably wouldn't help much at all. Besides, that armor looked a bit dangerous, and she wasn't sure she wanted to touch it. For a moment she just stood there, almost regretting her descision to help him. He made her quite nervous, even just stuck in the path. Then, abrubtly, a solution came to her.

In one movement, she drew a thin, sharp knife from her boot and jammed it into the thin line of mortar between the stones. Slowly, she began to work the knife around the smaller stone on the side of the crack.

"Once the mortar's gone, the stone can be pulled out. Just like that," she said, half to herself.

Anonymous

thank you[he said as she worked at the mortar seem a lot more friendly than a lot of other humans...[knowing he was going to be free soon he calmed himself. he had to admit he was a little suspicious, the last human he met only pretended to be nice then tried to kill him because they thought he was a demon. it was kind of embarrassing, he didn't like admitting he needed help and he felt foolish he couldn't free himself from some rock...all this because he had panicked stupidly...oh well what’s done is done. his wings fluttered slightly and his lizard-like tail twitched, kind of a nervous habit. he adjusted his cloak a little as well, he didn't want it coming off, that might really cause a problem. he mentally hit himself for falling victim to his curiosity]

Anonymous

Quite soon, most of the mortar around the stone had been worked out. Ayvi wiped the knife off on her breeches, and stuck it back into her boot. With a little effort, she worked her slender fingers into the space, and pried the stone free. It may cause a bit of a problem for some cart wheel later on, but that didn't concern her. Her deed done, she stood, and looked down at the rather mysterious figure. A part of her just wanted to get out of there, and have nothing more to do with this odd man with wings or with this village in general. However, another part of her was intrigued by him, and with the world. This part won.

"Er, Why didn't you just take off your armor? I mean.. 'Tis not all that likely someone'll attack you here." She gestured around her to the crowd, who did nothing but breeze and bustle past. Surprisingly, she felt more at ease with him than with anyone else in the past month. However, this wasn't saying much at all.

Anonymous

[He yanked his hand free] I need it because I’m not human, and removing my armor isn't a good idea. For me or anyone close to me I don't know. It keeps the dragon asleep. [He stood, this girl seemed different. as long as she didn't want to hurt him she was fine with him, so he decided not to leave just yet. it didn't seem as crowded when he wasn't there alone with his thoughts for some reason. again curiosity dictated his actions] what brings you to this village? You don't exactly look like one who knows someone from here. Though you could probably say the same for me.

Anonymous

The... dragon? she thought, extremely confused. However, she chose to ignore it and answer his question. It was a brave chioce, at least for her. She tended not to tell much about herself. But this was a new part of her life, and she wanted to change her ways. If she was going to live here, might as well get used to answering questions.

"I... I don't. I'm not from here at all, I just kind of... wandered in." She flushed very slightly. She wasn't particularaly proud of her nomadic-ness. "But a question for a question. Why are you here?"

Anonymous

[he brushed some dust off himself.] me? from time to time my curiosity gets the best of me and i put myself near people just to observe them. i really don't know much about humans and i get lonely sometimes so edventually i get the courage to come to someplace like this. [Vivi spoke with a fair amount of confidence since he really didn't care who knew this part of him. he began asking another question] wandered in? are you staying or are you going to end up wandering someplace else? if i ask any question you don't want to answer by the way, just tell me not to ask[he spoke calmly, now fairly at ease, he figured if she was going to hurt him she would have tried by now]

Anonymous

"No, it's fine." She shrugged slightly. "I plan to stay here, maybe take up roots, but..." she looked down. "Sometimes things change." She shrugged again, in an effort to look indifferent, but a pained look crossed her face. Silence prevailed for a moment, then she spoke again. "So, are you.. not human?" Well, of course not she chided herself, and blushed again. "Well, nevermind. But if you don't mind my asking, what're you, then?" She was still slightly uneasy with him, but it was very nice having someone to talk to. And, she realized, shy didn't even know his name.

Anonymous

[he tilted his head] yeah things change alot don't they.[he looked at the ground, what was he? he decided to give the short answer for now]i am known as a dark summoner, i tecnically summoned myself into this world.[he thought for a moment and then remembered something, names. they were important to these people and since most humans looked more or less the same to him still it might be good to know hers]ummm...do you have a name? mine is Vivi.[he did a little bow that was customary in his realm and then stood fully looking at her, large round red eyes aglow.]

Anonymous

She nodded, still looking at the ground. "Yeah.." She had no idea what a dark summoner was, or if she was supposed to understand. In any case, she could pretend she did. "Oh. A dark summoner. O'course." Then she looked up at him, bemused. "Sure I have a name. 'Tis Ayvi. Nice to meet you.. Vivi." Since he had bowed, of a sort, she did a small, informal curtsey. Then she met his rather unnerving gaze with her own dark grey one.

Anonymous

[He kicked himself mentally...she probably knew less about his species than he did about hers. In any case he blinked once and tried to think of something else to talk about] Where are you origonally from Ayvi? [He shifted his weight to get more comfortable and looked at her with his eyes half open so they where only half circles undernith his cloak. He was beging to become restless again remembering he was in fact in a crowded area.]

Anonymous

Ayvi seemed to remember the same thing as she was continually jostled and glared at by the passing villagers. Gods forbid she get in their all-important way. In a small show of rebellion, though, she decided to stay put for the time being. Getting back to Vivi's question, though, she answered, "A miniscule village quite a bit a'ways from here." She neglected to mention the fact that it was Elvish. Irrelevant. "Sil'nae, it was called." She nooded, as if confirming the fact for herself.  Then she scuffed the worn toe of her boot around in teh dust a bit, and glanced at him out of the corner of her eye at his half-open red ones.

Anonymous

Gradually becoming awre of the oncoming right, Ayvi shivered. This time of year, it got pretty cold pretty fast. Also, the crowds were thinning, and less savory types had begun to appear on the edges of the streets. She could defend herself fairly well, but didn't really want the opportunity to try. Those people lurkin gon the edge of shadows made her nervous, though she hated to admit it. So, she was getting the distinct feeling she wanted to leave.

"Well," she said, rubbing one arm with her other hand. "I'm gonna go. The landlord of the inn I'm staying at pretty much locks the door after dark. And I don't want to get locked out." She laughed weakly. "So.. bye. Nice meeting you."

She turned to walk down a small road that branched off the main one, casting a glance back to unusual person she had just met.

Well, you get all types.

[[exit]]