Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Woman Without a Name ((Aderyn!))

Started by CastlesInTheSky, December 18, 2010, 08:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

She simply shrugged at his comment, examining her hand. It was strange, even after so many years, to see through it. There were so many things she missed as a person. Most of all, she missed feeling. It was like everything around her, every moment of the day, was reminding her that she wasn't exactly human anymore. The floor beneath her feet that she couldn't feel, the fire that was only in the slightest 'warm', the surfaces that she ran her hand across.  There wasn't any more rough, smooth, silky, bumpy. It was just...nothing. She didn't hunger for food, as she glanced at the meat nearby, but it was more the hunger to taste something, just once. Of course, she knew she couldn't. But wouldn't that be a great thing.

She moved away from him, just looking around the room in silence for a bit. She turned back to face him. "Have you noticed that people never miss things until they lose them? It's sort of interesting, how many things we don't realize that we take for granted..."

Anonymous

Gabriel was sure she was right, but he didn't really miss anything in his life that he took for granted right now. And he wasn't planning to lose those things either. For as far as he knew, he had no vengeful relatives that wanted his money (he had no ridiculously huge stash of it anyway) or who hated him. Actually, he didn't think he had that many relatives at all, and if he did, no one would know about him anyway.

"Frankly, I don't really want to find out what I take for granted," Gabriel muttered with his mouth full, poking his glass of whiskey with his index finger for no reason at all. "As much as immortality appeals to me, I don't think I'd very much enjoy being like you after a while. I think I'll avoid ending up like you. No offence, of course."

His tongue was starting to become real thick in his mouth now, and he found speaking became slightly difficult with both his mouth full and slowly getting trashed. Just eat, Gabriel, he thought, focusing on the meat on his plate.