Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

On The Road Again...

Started by Anonymous, March 02, 2011, 05:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Just tell me when and where, lass. I don't charge for things I enjoy...and if you're sure you've a mind to see what I can do, I'm happy enough to show you. Just remember I'm not one of your pretty boys, eh?"

He raised an eyebrow at her pose. This didn't mean he wasn't enjoying it. He was definitely enjoying this. Women with a mind quick enough to swap one-liners with him were his very favourite kind. He never had liked the pretty ones who had nothing between their ears but air.

Pretty and smart, yeah, that was the way to go.

"I reckon, if I try hard enough, I might even be better. Maybe. If you ask nicely."

Anonymous

"Trust me, I don't think I could forget you aren't one of my pretty boys." Michael was enjoying his wit, quite a bit. Such a lovely change of pace from her normal bed partners, so eager to please and afraid of offending. The banter was delicious.

Michael cocked her head to the side again, that bird like mannerism she had picked up somewhere, "Oh my. I have to ask for you to do a good job. Tisk tisk. So like a man to be lazy."

Anonymous

"It's always nice to be asked. Makes a man feel wanted. Besides..."

He crossed behind her, boots ringing on the cobblestones. When he was standing right between her shoulderblades, he leaned forward just a little to drop words (and a rush of warm air) one by one into her ear, a rumbling whisper she couldn't have ignored if she tried. "I never did like being ordered about."

There was a lot to do. Maddox would have to be settled in the market horse pavilion for the night, groomed and fed...and made to feel better about the fact he was leaving her for another woman, the temperamental little wretch. He'd have to lock down the wonder-tent. It could be a while.

"If you'll tell me where you wanted this fur dropped off, I'll bring it with me. Maybe even some booze."

Unhitching Maddox from the wonder tent could sometimes take a while. It would have been easier if she'd been harnessed with a leather bridle, something with nice easy buckles that only ever took five seconds to undo, but...leather cracked in the wet, and the cold, so of course La Diva Maddox had to have padded felt that tied itself in infinite knots...

"You might have to be patient...unless you can persuade me to drop everything?"

Anonymous

Michael gave a shiver at the breath against her skin. Oh yes. This was a good choice. No pretty boy, but he was good at making her feel weak in the knees, "Well, I have bad news for you. I'm very good at giving orders."

She watched him struggle with the tent, arms crossed under her small breasts, "No, I have found it is never a good idea to anger the other woman. I'm already stealing you for the night. I'm assuming you know where the Citadel is? Good."

It was the head quarters of the Mordecai and a hard building to miss, "But, don't bother if you don't have the booze. I want to savor my evening. Never rush a lady."

Turning, Michael headed back into the crowd, a smile tugging at her lips. Her people would make sure all the payments got worked out and her furs taken care of. Tonight would be fun.

Anonymous

Whee, time jump!
----------------------------------------------------

It'd taken Sasha for-bloody-ever to get into this place. He'd had a right bugger of a time convincing them he wasn't some kind of extra specially crunchy variety of deluded, here to kill their Grand Master and bring down all of Connlaoth in a smoking heap. As it was, they'd searched him for at least half an hour - taken his knife away, patted him down, made a fine attempt at shoving some enormous, terrifyingly knobbly thing the size of a bear's paw up where only the Customs men on the gates of Reajh would usually dare to go, just to be absolutely sure he wasn't hiding anything there either...

They'd have taken the booze too. They'd wanted to - they weren't stupid, they knew a Hyoite mark burned into the side of the cask when they saw one, and there were enough "security concerns" to give them their reason for tasting it...these were only junior squires who'd been stuck with the boring jobs...running messages, cleaning stables, standing the gate guard in the middle of the afternoon when nothing interesting ever happened. A fully trained Mordecai would swap long and hard to get out of that sort of thing; this lot would want the grog even if they'd only appreciate it ten years down the track!

They might have gotten away with requisitioning it if he hadn't been able to produce the little chit on a scrap of paper that listed the exact same white bearskin that two of them must have staggered home carrying earlier that afternoon.

So after all that, here they were.

Him with his cask of fine spiced mead tucked under his arm, in a clean (greyish-blue; he wasn't stupid either, most of the women he'd had anything to do with seemed to think he was at least passable, and he knew he looked good in blue!) shirt that didn't smell like horses and saddle soap. Some teenage squire with spots on his jaw and far too many elbows for one person, wearing insignia that could have done with more polishing, moving at a swift trot to keep pace with his longer strides.

Michael apparently had nothing to do with the common folk in the barracks. Private quarters for her, it sounded like, up the stairs where she could have some privacy. Who knew there were perks attached to being top dog?

"Lad, just to make it clear, you're to tell her I'm here and then you piss off back to your stash of dirty pictures. She's expecting this, and I promise I'm not here to slit her throat."

The boy nodded, then knocked on the door. Heaven help anyone if they didn't knock.

His voice cracked when he spoke, lurching all the way up to a squeak he probably hadn't wanted Sasha to hear.

"Sir Michael? There's a man here who says he's got a delivery for you? Will you see him, or should I take him downstairs?"

Anonymous

"Let him in." Michael had debated making sure her men knew to let Sasha up, but where was the fun in that. Her new fur was already stretched out across her bed and she had enjoyed herself by rolling across it earlier.

Standing, Michael made her way over to the door, opening it and lounging against it, "Now run along..." There was a pause, as she tried to remember the boys name, "Sigmund." Flicking her eyes up and down Sasha, her lips curled into a smile, "Ah. Much better. I like you in blue."

Moving back into the room, she gave Sasha room to enter, "Is that the mead? You do bring the best gifts."

Anonymous

"I try. The trouble I had getting it up here...are they always so conscientious about visitors, or is it just that I look like a terrorist who happens to be carrying booze?"

He glanced around the room, letting out an admiring huff of breath. Big, lots of windows that even had little panes of stained glass to decorate the tops, lots of light; polished floors, bed the size of a small island (look at the number of pillows! And it looked comfortable!)...this arrangement was a serious step up from where he would have been spending the evening otherwise!

See, this? Was the sort of place that would never dream of running short on hot water. It might even - maybe - have the internal kind with copper piping in the walls and one big fire constantly burning somewhere under the kitchens, so you didn't need to heat the kettle every time you wanted to top it up. He'd heard a rumour somewhere that the Citadel might have that.

"I've got the tap for the cask in my pocket, but they've taken my knife away. If you have one lying around..." he raised his eyebrows, smiled a little crooked half smile, "shall we crack it open, or will you insist on me having a bath first?"

Not that he wasn't clean - he'd done the bucket job already, scrubbed up with soap and cold water, shaved in the copper mirror, even trimmed his hair until it looked slightly less unruly; still tumbling down into his eyes, but perhaps not quite as much. He did try very hard to make an effort when there was a woman involved, never mind that he sometimes had to use the stable towel to dry off. He'd been raised properly, after all.

It was just that...well, there was a sort of mindless pleasure in a hot bath. Just sitting in it, loosening everything up and letting the world soak in. It was a beautiful thing. Not quite as good as a session in the hot pools further north - nothing really was, and he'd harboured a suspicion for years now that the hot pools might be the only reason people had ever tried to settle up there in the first place - but it was pretty bloody good all the same.

Naturally, bonus points would be awarded for bubbles.

"Feel free to join me in that bath, by the way."

Anonymous

Michael's eyes narrowed a little, "Did those little pissants touch my mead?" She would have them mucking out stables for a week! Little bastards should know better than to mess with her things. His question about the knife distracted her from her thoughts of punishment and she pulled out a small, sturdy dagger. For all her love of affluence and beauty, she never bothered with her weapons. A weapon was for killing someone, plain and simple.

"Here, use mine. And I'll make sure you get yours back." Michael moved closer to hand him the dagger, leaning forward to sniff at Sasha, "Hmmmm. I think another bath might be a good idea. Though, I'm not sure my tub is big enough for us both."

There was no indoor plumbing in the building and Michael's bath was still heated with buckets of hot water brought up by servants and dumped into a large copper tub.

"I will wash your back though."

Anonymous

"Don't worry love, I fought them off. Heroically. I died three times." His voice was utterly deadpan, but a smile tugged at one corner of his mouth. "I hope you're impressed."

There was a trick to tapping a cask properly. Sure, he could just slam the tap into place so hard the little cork just went backwards, into the mead and out of the way, but...yeah, not so much. Cork did funny things to the taste. The proper way to do it was...yes, just like that, easy, easy, sliding the point of the dagger around the edges of the cork to loosen it, his other hand hovering half a whisker away with the tap ready and waiting...

One blockage out, the other one in with a quick tug and a satisfying little click...perfect. All they needed now were cups. He straightened up.

"If you're not...well, that's what the bath is for. You were so keen to smell me a second ago, it stands to reason you'd be just as happy once I come out smelling like sunshine and rainbows! As for it not being big enough, if you'll pardon my saying, you don't take up much space..."

The smile grew wider, slowly, lazily. Standing this close together - she was still close enough for a good sniff, and it would have been so easy, so simple to touch her, he'd hardly need to straighten his arm...shit, if he stopped to think about it, he could just about pick up the waves of heat rolling off her - there was no avoiding it. He had at least a foot over her, maybe a bit more. The top of her head wasn't even level with his shoulder.

"We'd find a way to fit. If nothing else, you'll get a good giggle when I look like an idiot with my legs hanging over the side."

Anonymous

"Only three? I would have expected at least 5 times." Michael's eyes flicked up and down Sasha's frame, "You don't have that warrior look about you." When he had the tap in, Michael already had two mugs ready. They weren't as pretty as the ones Sasha had earlier, these were a little studier, carved bone and metal. She set them down near the cask, keeping her eyes on Sasha.

"That would be an adorable sight." Michael closed the distance between them, wrapping her arms around his neck, tugging him down a little as she went up on her toes. And then pressed her mouth against Sasha's in a deep kiss.

Anonymous

Sasha barely had time for a surprised chuckle before she made her move. Sure, this had been on the to-do list, but he'd been expecting some foreplay! The thought of there being anything soft or vulnerable about this woman was laughable, but here they were with her mouth on his seeming softer and sweeter by the second. There was no question at all she knew exactly what she wanted, too.

"Huh." The words came out muffled, rushed, dropped against her mouth between kisses. No way he was going to stop to say it clearly. Even if he did, he wasn't at all sure he'd have been able to breathe enough to get the words out.  "And you thought I gave out nice gifts..."

He was already shifting his weight to pick her up, spreading his fingers wide to stroke down the length of her spine as far as he could reach. Awkward shape or no - face it, everyone was - she wasn't heavy, and it couldn't be comfortable standing up on her toes like that, no more so than it was for him to be tugged down. Besides, she had a much nicer arse than she thought she did!

The thumb of his free hand stroked over her cheekbone, palm cradling her face. Gently.

Sweet merciful gods in a boat, it'd been a while...

Now all he had to worry about was trying not to drop her.

Anonymous

When Sasha started to pick her up, Michael tensed just a moment before she reined in her instincts to break out of the hold. She wrapped her legs around the man's waist, grinning at him, a little amused at how carefully he treated her. It was sweet, "I wont break you know."

It was her damn size. Men liked to treat her like she was this fragile thing. Which she could often use to her advantage, but right now? She didn't want that. One hand wrapped around his neck, Michael's free hand slid across his chest, "You are a bear, aren't you? You'll match my new rug nicely."

Anonymous

"Oh, I'm sure you won't break, but if I charge in like I want to..." leaning in, he nipped lightly at her ear with sharp white teeth, "if I charge in, I don't get the pleasure of hearing you beg."

He smiled. She really did have an excellent arse.

"Besides, this doesn't happen to me very often. Can you blame me for wanting to savour it?"

Anonymous

Michael laughed at that, moving her hips against Sasha's and scraped her nails down Sasha's chest, "I don't beg. Part of my job description is nerves of steal."

The hand around the back of Sasha's neck slid up into his hair, grabbing a fistful and Michael held his head in place while she gave him a fierce, deep kiss.

Anonymous

Nerves of steel, she said. Nerves of bloody steel. Well now, he might know a way to shake those famous nerves up a little bit...

Without breaking the kiss - it was a good one, be a shame to break it too soon! - he was steering them back towards the bed, pressing her back against the white bearskin, pinning both her wrists with one hand and scrabbling to get her shirt undone with the other. It wasn't a strong grip, not exactly. If she really didn't like what he had in mind, she could have broken it pretty easily - he wasn't heavily into forcing anyone to do anything, it was a bit crass - but...yeah, he wasn't intending that she should have anything to complain about.

Except (as he realised when he finally got everything out of the way and reached to dip the first two fingers of his hand into the nearest, half empty mug) maybe what he was planning to do with the booze. It would almost be a sacrilege. Almost; there was something fascinating about the way it gleamed, dripping off his fingers and cooling in damp trails that shone on her skin.

A slow trickle ran down and pooled in the hollow of her throat, shifting slightly as she breathed. Would anyone seriously blame him for wanting to know how it tasted? Or a bit lower down, what she might do if he nipped lightly at the soft skin on the underside of one breast?

He didn't say this out loud very often, but shit he loved women sometimes. Couldn't understand them worth a pinch of the proverbial, but they were awesome.

She had a faded tracework of silvery scars over the flat plane of her belly, so long-healed they were almost invisible. He dripped more of the booze, bent his head to follow it in random, meandering trails, up and down and back again. Salt-sweet, pulse stuttering under her skin...and there were so many lovely little corners he hadn't had a change to explore yet...

He might need to make a couple of surreptitious adjustments here. He smiled. Walked his fingers lazily along the soft-grained skin on the inside of her thigh.

If he had to, he could keep this little game going for quite some time.

Anonymous

This was a new on for Michael. She started to protest, but watching the expression on Sasha's face changed her mind. He seemed to have a plan and the first drops on her skin had her breath hitching. While she wasn't one who liked to lay passively in bed, his warm tongue against the cold of the mead on her skin felt amazing.

Squirming against the bed, Michael gasped, legs parting at his touch, "Well, now you are just playing dirty. But I can't say I mind much." Sliding her hand up, Michael slid her nails along his scalp, making a low, pleased sound.

Anonymous

Oh, now that was unfair.

"I was trying so hard to play nice, and you say that? I'm hurt. So hurt I might just have to stop."

Or, you know, not stop, but not do anything else either. Patience was a virtue after all, and in the circumstances he probably had more than she did - sure, he had to make a few sneaky little adjustments whenever he had a hand free to do it (that little sound she'd just made ought to be illegal, honestly...it did things!) but he wasn't the one being worked over.

A nice long stretch of just slowly turning her brain inside out actually sounded pretty tempting. Besides, there were still so many interesting little corners he could find out fascinating things about...

If it was playing dirty she wanted, okay. Sure. She'd have her way. See how long she could stand to have him right there, how long she could stand to be stuck on the edge of almost, but not quite.

He was almost certain she could see him grinning.

Anonymous

Michael sat up, lips curled in a amused smile. Reaching down, she ran a finger through one of the trails of mead that ran down her chest then slid the finger into her mouth, sucking it clean.

"Stop then." Shifting her weight, Michael got onto her knees, her hands going to the laces on Sasha's pants, "That makes it might turn."

Anonymous

Holy son of a monkey-fucked whore, would you get a look at that?

She looked so pleased. Cat that ate the canary pleased, and then some more on top of that...and he couldn't quite tear his eyes away from that half second long glimpse of pink tongue curling around the end of her finger, taking her own sweet time to suck it clean.

"Um." Words. None. Very hard to make some. Words were difficult. "I wasn't going to say this, but...yeah, it's my birthday." He swallowed. "This is a good birthday."

Anonymous

"Oh? Then maybe I should give you a present." Michael's voice was a low purr, tugging his laces free and started to slid his pants down his hips. Glancing up at him, Michael enjoyed the dazed expression he wore and the fact that she had put it there.

Leaning down, Michael planted a kiss on his belly, biting at the skin lightly. He had gotten to play and now she was going to enjoy watching him squirm.