Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You owe me a new pie! Also, I hate you!

Started by Anonymous, May 08, 2011, 02:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Why, I've never seen a rabbit so large as you before."

Leaning against the tree said 'rabbit' was lounging beneath, Aki flashed him a fanged grin. The festival going on around them was alright, and it might have interested him more if he were human enough to appreciate it, but he was mainly here for the social aspect: the people-watching, the being part of a 'pack', the food. This little human stood out among the others both as an oddity and as a human-sized representation of, well...

A common type of wolf food.

It was strangely fascinating, and he'd been interested in seeing just how rabbit-like he was. Prey that could talk? It was a bit of a novelty.

He took a small bite of his half-eaten honeycake, eyes fixed on the rabbit. "Does the resemblance end at the ears?"

Jovan had been enjoying the festival. He loved them, so bright and fun and exciting. He had to be a little careful about being out in the sun too long, so for lunch he had found a large tree to sit under, snacking delicately on a vegetable pie he had purchased earlier.

It was warm and rich and the gravy just melted in his mouth, the crust flaky and brown. And it was now being interrupted by some very rude man. Lifting his head, Jovan was startled that the man was actually very attractive. The artist in him marveled at the bone structure and the raw, feral masculinity of the other man.

Blinking, Jovan forced himself to not just stare at the man, finally finding words, "I also have a tail."

Oh? Was that a look of interest? Hmm...that hadn't been what Aki had been going for here, but if so, that just made it even better. Time to test the waters.

Smiling, though he allowed it to shift from purely predatory to slightly sensual, he lowered himself down next to the boy. "Do you? How fascinating. So ears, a tail, and..." He glanced down at his half-eaten honeycake, then tossed the rest aside and leaned in a little closer. "Hungry wolves on the prowl. It must be exhausting."

Jovan flushed when the gorgeous man squatted down next to him. He was even better looking up close. The artist was having a hard time remembering to breathe right, his heart pounding and his pants feeling rather warm, "Oh? Wolves? I don't know, I haven't seen any of those today." He smiled, leaning a little closer, his ears pricked forward in interest, "Should I be wary of you?"

"Oh yes," Aki said, yellow eyes meeting the boy's pink ones. Reaching out slowly, he brushed his hand against one soft ear, dragging his fingers along the length of it. "Because you're looking at one now."

Oh sweet gods. Jovan shivered, his ear twitching under Aki's touch. The fur was silky soft under the wolf's touch and very warm. He was going to die. This amazingly hot guy was totally into him! "Oh r-" Jovan paused, clearing his throat as his voice came out a little high, "Oh really? What if I don't want to be wary?"

Aki felt the boy shiver beneath his hand, and he trailed it down his ear and to his cheek. "If you don't, well..." His grin turned predatory as he moved his thumb along the boy's jaw and over his bottom lip, pausing just long enough to let the kid get some ideas of his own. The kid really was quite pretty, soft and warm, and he had all his attention focused on him. This was so easy it was kind of magical.

His voice lowered into a husky growl, "Then I just might have to eat you up."

Jovan made a small noise in the back of his throat, something not entirely human. His pale skin was quite flushed and he still had the pie gripped between his hands, utterly forgotten as the painter stared at Aki. He had to shift his weight a little, not wanting the stunning dark skinned man to notice exactly how much of an effect those actions and words were having on him.

Licking his lips, Jovan's pink eyes stared into Aki's golden ones, "Would that be so bad?"

"Bad? Not at all," Aki said, cupping Jovan's chin and drawing him nearer until their faces were only inches apart. He leaned in close to the boy's ear and added, breath warm against his skin, "I know I'm dying to taste you."

"Yes please." Jovan's lips parted and he shivered again, eyes closing. He wasn't normally this interested in people whose names he didn't even know, but the man's striking looks and aggressive flirting was really doing a number on the rabbit's senses.

"Excellent." With a throaty growl, Aki slid his hand into the rabbit's hair and gently tugged his head back. He pressed his lips to the boy's throat and gave his skin a light nibble before soothing the area with his tongue, tasting him, his other arm banding around Jovan's waist to hold him there. "Mmm...I'll make it quick," he purred, letting the rabbit feel his fangs against his throat as he spoke.

Jovan's felt his heart pounding in excitement when the man tugged his head back. This was all so wild and scandalous like some bard's story! He curled against the man, still clutching his pie, making that small sound again.

Until he felt the fangs. The rabbit side of his brain reacted first, going totally still, then with a terrified squeal, sounding more like a rabbit than a human, Jovan started struggling, "Wait! No! What are you doing?!"

Aki's hand tightened in Jovan's hair in an effort to hold him still, and he raised his head and peered down at the rabbit with a look of what he hoped was genuine confusion. "What do you mean, what am I doing? You agreed to it," he said, and ran his tongue over his fangs. "I did say I would eat you up. That I wanted to taste you." A slow smile spread across his lips, feral and predatory. "Should have run, little rabbit, when the wolf told you it was hungry."

The rabbit's eyes widened and he gave another frightened squeal, struggling harder in the man's grip. That is not what he had lead Jovan to believe! "Unhand me!" Taking the hot pie still clenched in his hands, Jovan shoved it into Aki's face, "Eat this then!"

...Well, that was unexpected.

Hot vegetable pie smashed into Aki's face and he gave a startled snarl of rage and pain, reaching up to claw it off him--and letting go of Jovan in the process. While it wasn't hot enough to scald, it was hot enough to be painfully unpleasant, and it quickly flipped Aki's switch from 'just fucking with you' to 'pissed off'. Fortunately for Jovan, he couldn't do anything about that until he could see, and thanks to him, he was currently blinded by gravy.

Jovan didn't waste the opportunity and scrambled up, not caring if his flailing limbs smacked into Aki. He made sure to put some distance between Aki and himself, ears quivering with indignation, "You are an animal! Attacking me like that!"

The fact that Aki hadn't lied was not the point here! He had been led on! Deceived and attacked and accosted!

With another snarl, wiping the gravy off with his sleeve, Aki lurched to his feet and stalked toward Jovan, teeth bared. "An animal? Yes, and proudly so. Attack you? No. You offered yourself to me freely," he growled, though his lips quirked into a dangerous grin. "Begged me to take you, even."

"I did not! You tricked me!" Jovan backed away quickly, alarmed at the way Aki was looking at him. The fact there were a number of people around and the pie to the face had caused a few to pay attention to the pair wasn't making Jovan feel any safer, "Don't you lay a hand on me! HELP!"

Rhindeer

Aki gave a derisive snort and rolled his eyes. "Oh, please. I didn't have to trick you. I didn't even have to lie." He reached up and wiped away more of the gravy which, to his annoyance, was probably ruining his image right now, globs of it smeared against the collar of his shirt and chunks of crust still in his hair. Oh well. The trick was to act unfazed.

He licked at the corner of his lip where a little gravy still lingered and watched Jovan impassively, aware that their little show had drawn attention. As tempting as it was to beat the unholy shit out of him for his little stunt, there were just too many people. So instead, he switched gears and tried a different approach. "Now calm down and stop making a scene. You're acting hysterical."

Any good predator knew the value of patience.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"OF COURSE I AM HYSTERICAL! You tried to eat me!" Jovan backed up against the tree, wanting to get it between him and the monster! Even with pie and gravy dripping from him, he still managed to look stunning. Which Jovan didn't approve of at all. That was just unfair.

"Now you go away! Monster! What is wrong with you! Trying to eat someone!" That was the problem with meat eaters! They had no respect for life!

Anonymous

Renna ambled through the fairgrounds, enjoying the sights and smells; once one tuned out the earthy (to be polite) scents from the animal pens, there were spicy foods, sweet spun-sugar confections, strange exotic perfumes; wood shavings--one that interested him particularly; was there another craftsman here?--roasting meat, bright sunlight, forging metal, pastries baking--the list went on and on, a tapestry as cacophonous to Renna's vulpine nose as the visual chaos to humans.

He purchased a filled pastry, stuffed with meat and nuts and cinnamon; he ate it slowly despite the fact that his stomach was growling with hunger, savoring the taste. Some people expressed surprise that he wasn't more carnivorous--being a fox--but the idea had never really occurred to him; as a kit, he'd mostly eaten insects and fruit, with occasionally a mouse or bird, and when he'd joined--rejoined, perhaps--humanity, he'd been perfectly content with human food. All a matter of taste, he supposed; he'd never heard of another like himself, so he had no way of telling if he was normal or abnormal.

Someone was shouting. Not unusual in this environment, but this shouting was more fearful, alarmed even. One pointed ear swiveled towards the source, followed by the rest of Renna's head, just in time to see a rabbit-eared humanoid smash a pie into the face of a human-looking man. If not for the panic visible on the rabbit's face--(wasn't that rabbit meat in his pastry? Suddenly he felt a bit guilty)--he would have taken it for a slapstick.

The fox-headed man drifted over to the pair, with rather more directness than he'd displayed so far. "Need help?" he asked the rabbit-male, although by now the answer was pretty clear. "If this guy's makin' trouble..."

Rhindeer

As soon as the kid backed against the tree, Aki saw his chance. In an instant he lunged and planted his hands on either side of Jovan's head, pinning him in place with his own body and bringing his face close to his prey's. "Bad move, little rabbit," he said, voice a low rumble and sharp teeth bared in a smile. "You made a mess. You better be ready to--"

A voice behind him made cut him off, and Aki let out a soft hiss of annoyance. Of course. Someone had to come butt in on his business. Turning slowly, he let one hand drop back down to his side and took up a relaxed posture, like he was leaning against the tree instead of pinning and menacing Jovan. "No, he doesn't need help. He--"

That was when he actually got a good look at the 'man', yellow eyes widening. A...human? With...a fox head? He'd seen a lot of things, but--no time for distractions! Aki let out an exasperated sigh and shook his head. "Lover's spat," he finished. "This doesn't concern you."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Jovan felt like his heart was going to stop when Aki got close. He shrank back, the rough bark pressing into his back, making a whimpering sound.

Then a savior appeared and Jovan latched onto that. Kicking Aki hard in the shin, Jovan made a break for it once Aki's arm went down, "HELP! He is not my lover-"

Skidding to a stop, Jovan stared at the fox-man, "Don't eat me!"

Anonymous

"Eat you?" said Renna, tilting his head quizzically. "Why would I want to do that?" Although on the other hand, rabbits were known for paranoia; maybe the trait had carried over.

At any rate, he'd been right; it was trouble. When the human had dismissed it as a quarrel between lovers, he'd been thrown off, hoping he hadn't interrupted something that didn't need to be, but the struggling and denial of the rabbit-man had confirmed it. The beginnings of a growl rumbled in his throat, although his expression remained amiable for the moment; he shifted his stance slightly into a more aggressive posture. "I don't know what kind 'a quarrel you two have," he said, with just the barest hint of an edge in his voice, "but it looks t'me like you should either leave it be, or take it t' the authorities."

Rhindeer

Aki let out a string of curses and clutched his shin, and he was just distracted enough for the rabbit to escape. With a furious snarl, a sound far more animal than human, he started after Jovan--and came up short, eyebrows raising, as the fox-man made his stand. Oho. So mister fox wanted to play. How adorable. And here he'd thought this was going to be yet another dull day, maybe mess with the rabbit a little...

"You're right. You don't know our quarrel," he said, eyes narrowing. "Because this isn't any of your business. But if you'd like to make it your business, go right ahead. I'm flexible."

He crossed the distance between himself and Jovan and grabbed his arm while he froze, stupidly, at the sight of the one that could help him.

Apparently the resemblance wasn't all external, either.

Anonymous

Jovan gave another sharp squeal when Aki grabbed him, struggling against him, smacking at the other man's forearm, "You let me go! Stop it!"

His heart was pounding faster and he was having a hard time breathing. It was all too intense and his fear commands were going into overdrive. He kept twisting, trying to get away from Aki as he sucked in raggedy breaths, "Please! Help me!"

Rhindeer

Aki only tightened his grip on Jovan's arm, just to the brink of pain. "Yes, ask the fox for help. Brilliant idea, can't see how that could possibly go wrong," he growled, dragging the boy along after him, unrelenting even as he smacked at his arm.

Now if he could just get them past the dumb mutt and somewhere less crowded...

Anonymous

"He has to be better than y-OW!" Aki's hand tightened around him and Jovan winced. This was seriously starting to upset him, adrenaline pounding through him. He struggled harder, baring his teeth in a feral snarl.

While rather cowardly for the most part, when Jovan got backed into a corner, survival kicked in. Twisting roughly, Jovan kicked and smacked at Aki with all the ferocity in his small body.

Anonymous

A snarl rippled across Renna's muzzle; his ears folded back against his skull, and he felt the fur on the back of his neck stand up. Normally this aggression wasn't something he would let show, but something about this human grated on his nerves--the arrogance, the dominant attitude, something about him was incredibly irritating. And someone was in trouble; a little aggression wasn't always a bad thing.

He moved quickly when the human began to drag the rabbit-man away, and was about to place himself between him when the rabbit-man began to struggle, kicking at the human. If that was the way it was going to go... he grabbed the human from behind, doing his best to drag him away from the rabbit-man.

Rhindeer

An inhuman snarl ripped free of Aki's throat when the fox latched onto him and, as the rabbit-boy gave him another kick, he let go reflexively with a yelp. The kid had some fight in him, alright, but if it weren't for this stupid dog on him then this wouldn't have happened! Struggling with feral ferocity, he twisted in the fox's grip, trying to turn around so he could deal with him instead. Fine. If this was how it was going to be, he'd make sure the fox regretted his involvement.

"You sorry son of a bitch! Get off me, scavenger!" he growled, cursing his own awkward human form. He jerked his body to turn them both around, putting the tree at their back, and shoved backwards. It was hard to fight like this as a human, with someone at his back and a far less flexible body, but if he could slam him against that, he could knock him free and maybe break some ribs while he was at it.

Fortunately for Jovan and Renna and unfortunately for Aki, the dispute had not gone unnoticed. It had escalated far beyond a domestic dispute and attracted not only the attention of the nearby festival-goers, who had cleared out of the space and were watching openly, but the attention of two of the local guards, who pushed through the crowd and rushed onto the scene.

Aki snarled and redoubled his struggles, scratching and biting as they grabbed onto him and pulled him free of Renna, and one gave a pained shout when Aki sank his teeth into his arm until he tasted blood. It was tempting, so damned tempting, to shift and take them both out--

But after getting shot at before as a wolf, he restrained the urge.

Between the two guards, they were able to twist his arms behind his back and restrain him, and when he could no longer struggle without injuring himself, he let himself relax and glared death at Jovan and Renna.

"What is going on here?" one guard demanded.

Anonymous

"He attacked meeeee!" Now that Jovan was free, coward was rapidly pushing to the front. Clutching his arm where Aki had been holding him, his pink eyes filled with tears, "I was just sitting there, eating my food and this brute came out of nowhere and attacked meeeee."

His voice rose in octave, wailing loudly and putting on quite the show for the watching crowd.

Anonymous

Renna considered himself lucky that the guards had intervened; the human had turned out to be stronger than he'd expected, and he wasn't sure he could have held his own if it had come to a full-out brawl. Fortunately it hadn't.

His ears tilted back sheepishly at the guards' question. "I wasn't around for the argument," he said. "I tried to intervene... I suppose I got carried away."

Rhindeer

"I did not," Aki snapped, even less convincing with his mouth smeared with blood. "You filthy little liar! And you, scavenger, you stay out of this!" he barked at Renna, and jerked against the guards' grips in a last-ditch effort at shaking them. If those damned guards hadn't intervened, he would have loved to tangle with the vixen. It hadn't been personal before, but then the stupid fox had to go and get involved. Now it was.

With a pissed off, grown man struggling between them, the guards didn't want to waste much more time figuring out just what had gone down. It was fairly obvious that the fox-man was just an onlooker trying to break a fight and with the way Aki behaved...it wasn't much of a leap in logic to assume he was both the aggressor and clearly not right in the head. Tightening their grip on him, the guard that had spoken before looked between Jovan and Renna.

"Just be more careful next time, both of you," he said, and started to lead Aki away. "We'll handle this from here."

Twisting in the guards' grip as best as he could, Aki swung around to shoot one final, venomous look at both the fox-man and the rabbit-boy. "I hope the fox eats you!"

Anonymous

"And I hope the guards rape you!" Jovan stuck his tongue out at Aki, trembling a little, the adrenaline fading now that Aki was getting taken away. He just felt worn out and exhausted. Wiping at his face, Jovan sniffled, turning to stare up at the fox headed man, "Um...thank you for saving me."

Anonymous

((Vixen is a female fox--insult intentional? :lol: ))

"Scavenger?" Renna blinked at the human. Was that intended to be insulting? There was nothing wrong with scavenging, as far as he could tell. Some humans had a prejudice against scavengers, for no reason he could understand, but most of them thought that foxes were predators. Curious, but ultimately of no matter.

His attention shifted to the rabbit-man; Renna felt his face heating up under the fur, and his ears tilted back with embarrassment. "He shouldn't have been bothering you," said the fox-man. "Anyone with a scrap of morals would've done t' same. I don't believe I ever got your name?" he asked, changing the subject.

Anonymous

"Oh, Jovan. Thank you again." Jovan gave him a small smile, still feeling shaken up, "That was a little intense. I think I need to sit down, if you don't mind?"

Sinking down, Jovan leaned against the tree, shaking. His legs didn't feel like they would have supported him much longer, "Still, I can't thank you enough. Can I ask your name?"