Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

We're in ur kingdoms, stealin ur mages

Started by Tally, May 16, 2011, 10:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

Oh noes! Someone's been going around kidnapping mages!  O:  And this here is our plotting thread for it!  With info on what's going down and where.  Here's the deets:

• The mage hunters can be anyone, from anywhere.
  • They are being paid to do this.
  • Their employer is a woman named HashasaMenRah. She has not revealed her origin or motives to anyone yet.
  • No one knows what happens to the mages or why they are being collected, but someone is sure to find out!
  • Hashasa maintains a small, guarded outpost on the Tuor coast, almost directly west of La'marri. The mages are brought to this location by the mage hunters.  They are paid per mage they deliver.

[center:3fyu1m9u]This plot is totally open!  Anyone can play a mage hunter, and anyone can play a mage to be kidnapped![/center:3fyu1m9u]

[center:3fyu1m9u]If anyone needs Hashasa in a thread, PM me or let me know here! <3  She also has an open thread![/center:3fyu1m9u]

[center:3fyu1m9u]Questions? Comments? Plotting? Post away![/center:3fyu1m9u]

Anonymous

Am I the only one who is super excited about this plot? I hope not!

As soon as I saw this plotty post, I came up with a bunch of characters / ideas for plots, so I'm bombing them all here, in case anyone's interested! I ... hope this is the right thread to do this in, and if it isn't, forgive me, but I'm excited! I've got mage hunters, a mage to be kidnapped, and people to sleuth around... So let's have fun, shall we?

WHO YA GONNA CALL? MAGE HUNTERS!

Because who doesn't love mage-hunters? Well, besides mages... I have two mage hunters, mainly because I couldn't decide on what type of mage hunter I wanted to play...

The first up is
Ira Archer - he's a mercenary for hire who recently started getting in on the mage hunting business because... well, why not? It pays good, and Ira, being Connlaothian, isn't fond of mages anyway, so it all works out! (Well, he doesn't really hate them, he pities them more than anything.) On the job, he's the calm, cool and collected type, but when he's not in serious business mode, he's actually quite friendly and laid-back! Despite not really having a fondness for mages, he's not the type who would be rude to you because of it, I can see him being strangely polite to his kidnapped ward...

Then there's Reks, a deliquent youth originating from Yoreiq Isles with a grudge against mages and the taint of their mage, due to being cursed by a witch when he was very young. His curse makes him take on feline characteristics - the angrier he gets, the more likely he is to grow cat-like parts. He already has cat ears because of his temper, but the curse hasn't really taught him anything... He's reckless (thus his name) and impulsive and wouldn't give a mage that he's captured any slack. Granted, he does have his softer side, but when it comes to mages, he can't be too careful...[/list]

GET YER MAGE HERE! MAGE FOR KIDNAPPING!

Seren LaForet is probably the most ordinary character I've ever made - she's a teen from Featherfall, Serendipity who's never been outside of the country (hell, she's never been outside of Featherfall). She lives a very sheltered life and is a little naive because of it. She's an ice mage, a pretty adept one, but because she's an aspiring cartographer, she doesn't bother much with her power, since it can't really help her do anything she considers "productive." She has a crippling fear of fire and wild animals that are larger than dogs.

I purposely made Seren with the intent of not being too attached to her - so no matter where the plot and her kidnapping takes her, she'll go. [/list]

THOSE MEDDLIN' KIDS!
      No one knows what happens to the mages, so someone's gotta find out, right?

My first sleuth on the case is
    Josiah Clerval, a country Connlaothian boy. His sister (who was a mage in hiding, unbeknownst to her family, including Jo) was taken away by the mage hunters. Her family, ashamed of their daughter's secret, turned their back on her, but Jo couldn't just stand by without doing anything. So, Jo's out looking for the truth behind the mage hunters, in the hopes of finding his sister. He is deathly afraid of mages and believes that magic is an abhorrent sin, but believes his sister hid her power and had no plans on using it - she only used it the night she was kidnapped to defend herself, even though it was a sin. Jo has a distaste for mages, true, but when it comes to finding his sister, he won't turn down the help of a mage who offers it to him.

I'm thinking it would be rad to gather together a team of super sleuths in order to track down what's happened to the mages! It'd be like Scooby Doo, but without... Scooby. But there'd be lots of meddlin' kids!

Raspberry Wasp is also looking for the truth behind what's happened, but for a much more selfish reason. Being an informant, she doesn't really care about the safety of the mages, really, she just wants to find out so she can sell the information to the highest bidder. If there's any informants, information brokers, etc, sorts of characters out there, it'd be cool to see them work together (or against) each other, searching for information with the greediest of purposes, and working against people who genuinely care about where the mages have gone, all for the sake of making more money. [/list]

There, I've thrown down my hand and bombed you all with a crapton of characters!
    Hopefully everyone else is super excited about plotting too - you know you want to get involved!

Anonymous

Yar! I've got a bounty hunter Kiri! We can definitely work something out! Mwahahahaha! Xion of course :P

And I have a sort of...thief who probably would like to find out what's going with the mages as well probably! His name is Saladin and he wouldn't mind using his powers for good once in a while!

Anonymous

Ah yes, the infamous Xion! He is definitely the perfect kind of creepy that would definitely freak Seren out - it would be great (well, great for me but not for her) if he could be her kidnapper!

And great, we have another sleuther! Would you classify him as a sleuther for the good guys or is he searching for information to sell?

I wanna wait and see if more people are interested in forming a party of good guy 'detectives' to find out what's happened to them - it'd make a great group thread, I think! Maybe two more people (or three at the absolute max, maybe) and then we could get an epic group thread rolling!

Anonymous

Eeee 8D People! Well, I've got some mages if you want, and I has Flynn 8D He's a mage hunter! So...uh...yes! I HAS THINGS

Rhindeer

Ohoho! I has two mage hunters! 8D

There's Sorin, a Connlaothian and rogue Mordecai! He's pretty extremist. xD He got fed up with the Mordecai not spreading their influence outside Connlaoth's borders and so set off on his own to do something about it. |: Because the problem is outside of Connlaoth, dammit! Now he works as a mage-hunter. He's not a good person.

His partner is Cadmus. :B Who is pretty much along for the ride and serves as his control of sorts. xD
    Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

My character Alicia would certainly be interested in investigating the kidnappings.

Anonymous

Let's seeeeee!

Mages for Kidnapping

Burn, Gust, and Shade - I haven't really done much with them, they're sitting around gathering dust. Their three brothers, almost identical triplets who want to become Elementals. Pure elementals that is, they want to fully become their elements, it's not hard to figure out what they want to become. Anyway yeah, they're rather showy mages, but I have done nothing with them for a long time so it's time to get them out there!

Makaevus Kaine - He's an undead magic user who sometimes turns into a creature that tries to tell the future. He's powerful, but rather unwise toward the whole thing. He's curious, friendly and kind, and could no doubt be tricked easily to go along!

Anonymous

So, counting Josiah and Alicia, that makes two people up for huntin' informations, for the good of the mages? Still lookin' for more investigators though~ maybe one more for a thread, depending...

Whoo, we have a ton of mage hunters! Ira, Flynn and Sorin makes three - which is cool because Shizzy has three elementals to kidnap! If you guys are up for it, I think it'd be neat to toss 'em in a thread together! They seem like they'd make an interestin' motley crew - Ira is from Connlaoth as well, but he has a more passive dislike of mages, compared to Sorin's extremism, which could be fun to play with, and Flynn seems like he'd be mellow guy that everyone just likes. xD

But yosh, a thread with all of them would be interesting! Buuuut if you'd rather not, I'll understand~ /is just totally plot happy right now

EDIT: Actually, never mind, I had a better idea! See my post below~

Anonymous

If you still need more characters to be kidnapped, I have Nia Fletcher, who's my new character- she's a mage, but still a student!

Anonymous

Well.. I just made a new character and turns out she is a mage! lol I forgot about this plot until today. If you wanna kidnap her then great!

Her name's Solae.

Anonymous

If anyone's interested in being kidnapped or playing a mage hunter lookin' for some action, I made an open thread that anyone can join, which is here!

Thief

That sounds interesting, especially for Jack and Scarlet. It sounds like one of the strange situations they find themselves in when they get reunited. I'll have to keep and eye out for ways to get the two of them involved. If anyone wants them for something specific, just let me know.

Anonymous

Mm, im debating about remaking my double werewolf + mordekai child mercenary team but im sure that might be overkill as i also want Clide to participate. Joining the wrong side thinking he might have a chance at finding out everything, including an opportune moment to backstab his partners in crime.

Tally

Hashasa now has an open thread for anyone who needs it. :3

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=12063

Anonymous

I've got Flynn and Gae that can kidnap any mages ^__^