Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I think this was Fate

Started by Anonymous, May 23, 2011, 11:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was that time again. He was flat broke and his belly was growling. So Poppy had no choice but to turn to a life of crime. It would break his sweet mother's heart, but it would break it more if she knew he was starving.

It was the same mantra he said every time he stole. Which was rather often. Honest labor didn't suit Poppy. Too many risks in staying in one place, too easy to have things go wrong. In his own odd logic maze, robbing and stealing just felt safer. He had more control.

And really, who used such bad locks? It was the bakers own fault! Tail lashing, Poppy went to work on the lock, glancing over his shoulder down the alleyway as he worked. The baker was at church and he had to work fast. There was both food and money to be found!

Rhindeer

Bianca's belly grumbled as she headed for the bakery, intent on sweet bread for her morning meal. She hadn't been in La'marri long, but she had scoped out the bakery upon arriving when she'd explored the town, learning its layout and where she could get what. She didn't have much coin on her but she figured she would be able to afford that much and darn it, she deserved a treat after a long, hard journey.

As she approached the place, she saw a man outside fiddling with the door and hoped she wasn't too late or too early, unable to tell if he was coming or going. Hopefully he wasn't leaving! That would be unfortunate, but hopefully he'd want her business enough that he could wait!

"Excuse me!" she called, picking up her skirts so she could jog up to him, hooves clicking on the ground. He was a strange one, alright, with his green skin, long, reptilian tail, and wicked-looking feet, but she wasn't really one to judge and she tried not to. After all, she had to deal with the sheep-and-farmer jokes all the time.

"Sorry! I hope I'm not too late! Are you open?" she said, coming to a stop near him and pausing to catch her breath.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"AGHHHGH!" Poppy had gotten way to focused on picking the lock that he had totally missed the sound of someone approaching. Spinning around, he was about to flee when he got a good look at the person. It was a girl. A hot girl! With tits!

Poppy's eyes stayed locked on the heaving cleavage the girl had going on and it actually took him a moment to notice all the sheep like parts on her, "Whoa! You are hot!"

Rhindeer

Bianca let out a small shriek of surprise when the man screamed, taking her completely off guard, and she took a couple steps backwards and pressed a hand to her chest in shock. What the...? She stared back at him, heart beating wildly from her--and then the tension was broken as abruptly as it had arrived when the man announced that she was hot.

She stared a moment longer, the words slowly processing through the weirdness of the situation, and then she burst into laughter. "Oh! Why thank you. I try," she said, and let out a relieved breath. "Whew. Sorry. I didn't mean to startle ya."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"What? Oh. I wasn't startled." Poppy's eyes shifted to the side, a little embarrassed that he had been caught screaming like that, "I was just...uh...testing you. I mean, I am totally a badass fighter and stuff. There's no way something like that would get to me."

Rhindeer

Bianca blinked several times and had to repress another laugh. "Oh? Of course, of course you are. But testing me? May I ask for what purpose?" she asked, head cocked to one side.

Anonymous

Shit. Poppy stared blankly at the woman for a moment, then his brain kicked in and he gave her a cocky smile, "Well, see, I was thinking that a beautiful girl like you should make sure she knows how to stay alert. There are all kinds of bad men out and about, so I was just testin' ya."

Perfect. Smooth as silk.

Rhindeer

Bianca arched one white eyebrow and tried hard not to laugh, tried hard not to let the doubt show. Yeah, right. That was exactly what was happening there! Her lips quirked up into a smile. "Really? That's sure an interesting method. I never figured bad men out to get me would do it by screaming at me, but ya know, it did take me completely off guard."

Tilting her head, Bianca tapped her chin. "I guess that could be used against me. And I never once thought of that!"

Anonymous

Poppy's green skin flushed a darker green and he tried to look like he was completely and totally mortified, "What? No, that wasn't screaming. That was yelling. Totally different and bad men do that all the time. I know cause I fight them. A lot."

Rhindeer

"Oh, point!" Bianca said with a laugh. "Bad men do yell. I'll give ya that. So...ya fight 'em a lot, you say?"

She glanced back at the building, then shook her head. "I take it you're not the baker then?"

Anonymous

"Uh...no. Um, do I look like a baker?" Poppy really hoped not. He spent a lot of time trying to get a casually badass warrior look going on, "And uh, yeah. I fight badmen like, every day. Cause I'm a pretty awesome bandit actually."

Rhindeer

A puzzled look crossed Bianca's face and she looked from the strange man to the baker's home and back again, head slightly tilted. So he wasn't the baker, but he was a bandit, and he had been trying to get inside the baker's home...

She folded her arms beneath her breasts and quirked an eyebrow. "So is the baker a bad man, then?"

Anonymous

"What? No. I don't think so?" Poppy had been busy staring at Bianca's amazing breasts to follow her logic. He glanced back at the door, not sure exactly how to explain why he was breaking into a bakers. The real reason was not really that impressive and Poppy needed to impress her.

Rhindeer

"Sooo..." Bianca said, trying to follow the man's logic, "if ya only fight bad men and you don't think he'd bad...why were ya trying to break into his place?"

Anonymous

"What?" Poppy's brain was still firmly rooted in 'pretty girl' and hadn't really moved past that yet. He stared at her, then managed to get a spark, "Oh! Well, uh, see, I think there are....uh...see, he's gotta pay his like, taxes and stuff. Cause, uh, I'm a bandit king and all. And ya know how that works."

Rhindeer

"Wait." Bianca blinked and reached up to rub at her forehead, amusement and confusion in her expression. "Sooo...ya only fight bad people, but you're a bandit king raiding some poor baker?"

He was far too clueless to be a real threat to anyone, she thought, so it couldn't hurt to play. She certainly wasn't worried about herself here!

Anonymous

"Right." Poppy straightened, posing just a little with a cocky grin on his face, "Now yer gettin' it. And I ain't, like, raiding or nothin', its um, like, collection of payment owed and stuff. And like, the bakery is only a front, see. It's like, really um...he like, has uh...drugs."

Rhindeer

"Drugs, hm?" At this point, Bianca just wanted to see how big his story would grow. "So the good baker is really a shady criminal in your vast crime network?"

Anonymous

"Sure! Yeah?" Poppy looked a little confused, having gotten a little lost. But that wasn't about to stop him. He flashed her a cocky grin and leaned closer, "But, anyway. I'm Poppy. What's your name pretty lady?"

Rhindeer

Yeah, clearly this kid had no idea what he was doing. Thank the gods she'd stumbled upon him before anyone else had!

Bianca laughed and shook her head. "I'm Bianca. And, ah, I'm thinking you might wanna either work a little quicker or save your heist for another day. Isn't that the baker over there?" she asked, nodding her head to the side.

She didn't really see the baker; she just thought it might be a little fun to see him jump.