Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Replenish [Open]

Started by Anonymous, June 28, 2011, 08:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was chilly, but it's scarce signs of random crazed sorcerers made it 'A' okay in her book. Mae levitated a few inches off the iced tundra ground as she drifted a long exploring. This world felt filled with magical energies, she liked it. It was almost as if there was more here then her own home. Although, she did miss the random storms of her home forest, this place had a nice chill to it.

She was still a bit strained from her entrance into the world. Well, only because she found herself locked in a dual of magic right as she got here. All because she wouldn't give some general her name and why she was there. Sheesh, she could only hope not all residents were like that. It didn't seem that way though.

Mae had traveled past a town and most people seemed to live quite normally. She over heard some speaking of hot springs  as well. What a great opportunity! She could hopefully find an unoccupied one and take a nice dip. What could be better then the warm feeling of the steamy liquid covering one's body as the chill air kept themselves from becoming too over heated.

She got all giggly at the thought as she spun still drifting through the air. Her crimson pupil-less eyes examining the area as she giggled slightly to herself. Only moments later could she hear the slight bubbling of water. At last! She had found one quite a ways away from town and unoccupied with no one else around.

She quickly floated over taking off her black stockings and matching flat cloth covered leather shoes and sat lightly on the ground dipping her feet in. The warmth of the springs made her feet tingle as she took a deep breath and relaxed swaying her legs a bit.

Anonymous

Blade travelled through the snow with ease. He felt at home here and he smiled, his tail swishing a trail behind him. That is, until he saw a strange woman levitating about. He chuckled, amused by her spinning. He followed her to a hot spring and he shuddered. He wasn't a huge fan of water, due to his fur and swords. So, he stepped into view and bowed. "Hello, miss. I am Shaeran Derain, though I prefer to go by Blade for... obvious reasons." He raisd an arm and let his blade sparkle a little. "And who might you be?"

Anonymous

Mae was lost in relaxation as the sudden voice came to the scene. "Hu-?!" She quickly jumped to her feet the water making her slip on the ice like ground and landed into the hot springs with a splash. So much for relaxation. She quickly swam her way up and gasped for a breath of air before moving towards the side of the springs.

Great. Not only was her relaxation over already, but she was all wet now too. She looked up at the man with the bladed arm and pouted a bit. "Uhm...I don't suppose you're not out looking for a fight?" She asked, last time someone showed their power when they met they went into battle after all.

Shaking her head she turned away leaning on the side of the springs, might as well relax some how no matter how little. Seeing how he said his name in such a less threatening tone, perhaps it was safe. "My name's Mae..." She stated sinking her head into the water a bit, but enough to keep her ears over the water and hear him.

Anonymous

Blade chuckled. "Sorry to startle you. Didn't mean to. No, I'm not looking for a fight. Even if I were, I couldn't fight a woman. It goes against my code of honor." He smiled and sat down, not at all concerned about the snow. "Well, I can see you aren't of this world. Neither am I." Blade sighed and extended his swords, disengaging them from is wrists before impaling them into the ground next to him. "A new world and I still have no clue what I am doing." He shrugged.

Anonymous

"I'm not of this world you say?" She asked still relaxing, looks like he really wasn't looking for a fight. That helped her as she started to become less tense and relax even more. "How do you know I am not of this world--if you said yourself you aren't?" She snickered as she laid and floated on the water on her back shutting her eyes.

"What makes you say I'm not of this world?" She asked floating gently on top of the water. She wasn't from this planet yes, but how could someone who wasn't either know just by looking at her that she was an outsider as well. Something was up, was all she could think and as she began to become tense again.

Anonymous

Blade rolled his eyes. "Your eyes gave it away. Short of shadow monsters, whom usually aren't of this world anyway, nobody has eyes like that. I've seen enough people here to determine that." He looked at Mae. "Relax. I'm no going to fight you, or hurt you. I'm not like that." He rose and grabbed his swords, quickly inspecting them for damage before replacing them in the snow. "Admittedly, the levitation does help prove my point." He chuckled. He looked at the water before placing a foot in and leaping back. "Grr... Water does not suit me at all!" He mutered, sitting back down.

Anonymous

Mae laughed, "Damn my cursed eyes...It's always that which gives me away..." She let off her tense feeling again and relaxed. "Any mage or magical type can levitate if they learn how...It's a simple spell--you just need to have enough mental strength to work against gravity..." She shifted from her float now straight up and grinned at Blade.

"Water isn't your style eh?" A wave of water raised up behind her as she giggled. "Why not?"

Anonymous

Blade pointed to his swords. "Those for one. Can't have my only weapons rusting on me. Plus, water gets trapped in my fur all the time and I stay wet for hours..." He shrugged. "Snow I can deal with, since it reminds meof home." He looked at Mae. "You are a strange one. Not in a bad way... just different from those I'm used to." Blade rose again and picked up his swords, twirling them about his person before replacing the hilts into his wrists.  He left the blades extended. He suddenly blushed, but thankfully had his back to Mae. "Tell me... Have you ever had a protector of any kind?"

(I spy with my little eye... a small romance budding, perhaps?)

Anonymous

Mae blinked in confusion, the man was not phased at all by the water wall behind her that could come down on him if she made it. She pouted and crossed her arms turning away as the water crashed back down to it's spot. Well, he wasn't any fun to tease in the manner of scaring the shit out of him.

Home, a word Mae was far from familiar from. "Eh, nothing but the bright sun above bothers me much...I travel the winds and let my drift take me." She said relaxed as she yawned a bit making a slight squeak noise.

She swam to the other side still faced away as she laughed a bit leaning towards the end of the other side. "Protector..? Heh...Don't need one..." She closed her eyes softly her arms crossed on the edge as she let her chin rest gently on them. "If anything, you'd be the one needing protection from one like me...Last protector I had...Let's just say, he met his end..." Mae reached down still faced away from the man fiddling now with her locket. She sounded rather calm in bitter in her words before putting the locket away and taking a deep breath. "I don't need a 'protector' to lug around and have getting in my way...No, not again--I couldn't bare to have that fact upon my shoulders."

( Heh, god luck with trying to reel in Mae... She's a tough cookie to crack. xD )