Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Surf's up, dude! [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 16, 2011, 03:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"I not plan on killing." said Jailith, worried now that he frightened the two of them. "I had to take it with me. It my only protection from him." It was at that moment that he realized that now was a good chance to find out some information.

"Have you seen or heard of demon in this area?" he asked, his voice tainted with a little bit of hope. "I am searching for a demon, that what brought me here." Then he remembered what information he had heard from some of the other travelers on the vessel that had traveled here, demons as creatures were a foreign concept to many of the natives. They wouldn't know what he was talking about.

"A demon is.... really bad spirit that look like person."

Anonymous

Noelani shook her head, "No. Nothing like that here." She kept the area's spirits happy and content, occasionally she had to banish rough ones. But she didn't allow them to harm anyone. And nothing like the evil that hovered around the man.

It was part of him, yet not, twined tightly into his fate, "What you are looking for isn't here."

Anonymous

Jailith audibly, though barely above a whisper, cursed, though it was in his normal language, not that of the Yoreiqi. He had wasted months. And it was a long time before he would be able to leave this place.

Maybe though the newcomer was wrong. Maybe that cursed demon was on one of the other islands, or had left a clue behind somewhere. He would have to search later. In the mean time he could take a vacation from his travels. It was sort of forced upon him anyways.

"Thank you anyway." he said, bowing a little even though the newcomer couldn't see. "I guess I continue search when next boat comes. Not sure what do before that though..."

Rhindeer

"Um..." Koi looked nervously back and forth between the two. She didn't like seeing her sister so upset, didn't understand what a 'demon' was, and still didn't fully understand what a 'sword' was. All in all, she felt rather lost in this exchange, and after a moment she rested a calming hand on her sister's shoulder.

"It's okay, Noelani. Ah...yeah, the spirits here are friendly. Why do you want to find a bad one? That doesn't sound like a good idea. They're not to be messed with."

Tilting her head, she frowned. "Our village isn't far. You should visit there, talk to people, not chase angry spirits! You'll just make it more angry! It doesn't want to be found for a reason."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"I need to get rid of him..." he mumbled, not sure if either of them could hear him. He wasn't sure if he was even talking to them or if it was form himself.

"I'm not sure if I be welcome in village." he said clearly, directing it at Koi. "It because of what bad spirit did to me..." He felt an urge to expose himself here and now, get a reading on what the village's reaction would be to his marked face. Even if they knew not what a demon was many would probably be able to sense the darkness that cursed him because of the mark.

His eyes narrowed, determination now upon his face. It was wiser to reveal himself now in front of only two people instead of a whole village of people. He could fight off two, a whole group he wouldn't be able to, not without hurting them.

"It because of this." he said, pulling the mask down with one of his hands. His lower part of his head was now fully exposed, revealing the mark upon the left side of his face. Jailith fought with all his might against the instinct to hide the mark and pull the mask back up. He had to endure it for now.

Anonymous

Pulling down the mask didn't mean anything to Noelani, she could already see the mark on him, with or without a mask. She just shook her head, "That's not a good path. You made your bargain, and trying to break it upsets the balance. You gotta pay your price for what you got."

She couldn't tell all the details, didn't know exactly what went on, but she could read some of the fate that wrapped around the man.

Rhindeer

The mark didn't mean much at all to Koi, either, though she felt alarmed that a spirit had done that. She grimaced, recoiling. She didn't understand what her sister was saying; she sometimes spoke like that, in vague phrases that Koi couldn't always understand, seeing things that she couldn't see, but she was usually right, too. She was blind but she had a sight that went beyond the physical, and that was far more valuable.

"And you're still going after it? Don't be stupid! You don't wanna mess with things like that," she said, walking a little past Jailith so she could retrieve her sarong. She tied it around her waist, small breasts still bare, and turned back to look at him with her arms crossed disapprovingly.

"Noelani's right. She usually is. You should pay attention to her."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Normally Jailith would have said some praises in his mind or such for Koi retrieving her sarong and covering her lower half. Right now though he was actually getting caught up in the conversation and didn't think much of it.

"You seem to know lot about my past." he said to the newcomer. "I made deal, yes. But he lied. He responsible for deaths of many."

Interrupting his talking he looked over at Koi. "It no matter, either way I not welcome in village because of 'mark'" He wished he could have been welcome, he so desired that he could not wear his mask for once and not have people become greatly feared by him. But he thought that such could never be the case.

Rhindeer

Koi tilted her head curiously. "Why should anyone care about it?" she asked, confused. She understood that a spirit had done that to him, but... "It's just a scar."

Anonymous

"You made the deal, but you weren't careful. Spirits like to twist words." Noelani glanced over at her sister, confused as well, "People might ask about it, but your sword is what makes you unwelcome."

Anonymous

Jailith visibly, at least to Koi, winced. The newcomer was actually completely right.
He had been the one to make the deal and pursuing the demon for vengeance alone was wrong. The demon was evil though, that much he knew. If he were left alive he would quite likely be responsible for the death of more people. Vengeance was just a bonus.

"It more then scar..." Jailith mumbled, though he wasn't sure if Koi would hear him.

"As for sword though, what if I do this?" He stabbed the sword, while it was still in the scabbard, into the sand. It was now standing on its own, Jailith putting his hands on the ground, one on each side of the sheathed blade. As he willed his power to course through his arms and hands his mind briefly wandered. Why was he doing this? Why was visiting this village so desirable?

Then it struck him, it was because he might for once be able to be around people without having to worry about hiding his mark. Maybe they would still be wary but he could live with that, at least they wouldn't be trying to kill him.

The power within him now becoming stronger Jailith focused his mind back on the task at hand. He slowly lifted his hands but they never left the sand, the sand traveled with his hands. It was acting like it had the consistency of some sort of thick slime but it was quite obvious that the sand was still sand. Eventually he had lifted his hands high enough that the entire sword, scabbard and all, had become encased in sand. Jailith willed his power through the sand, then lifted his hands away. The sand around the sword stayed as it was, becoming a solid mass that completely encased the weapon. Not a speck of the sand fell from the magically made encasement, it was solid like a rock. Jailith lifted the encased sword, which took some effort but not too terribly much. The layer of rock was thin but still strong enough to not be able to be broken by human hands.

"Sword now sealed in sand-rock." he said. "I can't use it for now. Will that be fine?"

Rhindeer

"Whoa!"

That made Koi jump back in surprise, eyes wide in shock as the earth began to move, casing his club-sword-thing in sand. It was surreal to watch the sand writhe and encase his weapon like some living thing, and once the shock died down, Koi watched it happen with fascination. Elemental magic was rare here and Koi had never witnessed it in person. Spirits, but even her own magic was very minor, just a small talent in healing tiny cuts and bruises.

When it was done, Koi reached a hand out and gingerly touched it, surprised to find it quite solid. "Wooow...Noelani, if only you could've seen that!"

Anonymous

"I saw it. Just different than you did." The magic was strange to her eyes and she was wide eyed and shocked. It was impressive to say the least. Her own magic was impressive, much stronger than her sister's, but it was simple blood magic.

"That was amazing. I have never seen magic like that. But I'm glad you bound your weapon." Turning, Noelani started back up to the village, "We will be eating soon. Someone was supposed to help me with the pig roast."

Anonymous

"Well, if I eat with, I request that I be allowed to help somehow." Jailith said, an idea already forming in his mind in how he could help. "I can also control fire, so I can help with roast if you want."

He did indeed want to help if he were to visit, he felt that it was the least he could do. He was a complete stranger to them, one cursed with a terrible mark.

Jailith grabbed a hold of his bound weapon, carrying it over his shoulder with one hand gripping where the handle would be. He looked between Koi and the newcomer, unsure exactly of what to do.

"Um...so do I follow?" he asked Koi, since she was still somewhat close to him.

Rhindeer

"Ehehe." Koi grinned sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck, ducking her head. "Enoka? He ditched ya? Wow, what a lazy brat! He should know better! I mean, he's supposed to be setting a good example here."

Of course she knew that she was the one supposed to help out and that Enoka would never do something like that, especially not where it involved Noelani. (He fawned over her and viewed her as some sort of delicate flower, even though she so wasn't.) But she decided to tease just a little--and try to dodge her own guilt. She hadn't meant to ditch, not completely. She'd meant to return earlier! She'd just...sort of...forgotten.

She gave Noelani a playful nudge in the ribs and lowered her voice. "I'm sorry. I meant to come back sooner...I can make it up with surfing lessons?"

To Jailith's question, she smiled and nodded, then fell into step beside him. She wanted to learn more about him. "Yep! Just follow us. It's not that far away."

Anonymous

"Okay then." said Jailith, following the newcomer. He realized then that he had never found out her name.

"So, what is her name?" Jailith asked, hoping he wasn't too forward. "And I was serious, if I can help with meal, I want to help."

Rhindeer

"Oh! Sorry! How dumb of me. That's my sister, Noelani," Koi said, gesturing to the other girl. "And I'm Koi. And I don't think Noelani will mind the help one bit, right, sis?" she added cheerfully, kind of hoping this meant she would get out of it if the newcomer took over. Maaaybe that was a little rude, but hey, he'd offered! He was willing!

And it was such boring, tedious work. Koi much preferred being the hunter than the one preparing the meal.

Anonymous

Noelani was sure they have given names earlier, but he had probably forgotten. His own name was hard to remember, strange on the tongue. She reached over and grabbed a strand of her sister's hair, tugging it, "Like I need your help surfing. You wiped out earlier."

She hadn't been there to see that, but she knew in her own way. She glanced over at the sword the man carried. He could bring it to the edge of the village, but even wrapped in stone, she wasn't letting it inside.

"Thank you for the offer, but we have already started the slow roast. I'm sure we will have plenty of work for your hands if you want to work."

Anonymous

Once they had reached the edge of the village Jailith used his powers of controlling earth and buried his sword underground, unable to be reached by anyone who desired it, even if they dug. He had enchanted the ground directly around the sword so if anyone tried to dig it up it would skin farther into the ground.

Jailith was too nervous and wary to take the first step into the village himself. Instead he glanced at the two females he had accompanied, wondering exactly what he should do.

"So....this village?" he awkwardly asked. He knew it was a rather dumb question but he couldn't think of much else to say.

Anonymous

"Yes, this is the village." Noelani was surprised that the man had buried his sword like that. It was handy though, saved her from having to ask. She moved easily between the huts, toward the center there was a pit, covered with palms and slowly cooking.

"The pig still has a bit of time and the other food is roasting as well. So relax and enjoy." Noelani smiled, gesturing to the village, "Our home is your home."