Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Surf's up, dude! [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 16, 2011, 03:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Ack, you know about that?" Koi groaned and tugged her hair free. "That was just a bad wave, man. It would've happened to anyone! Still, the offer stands. Freak Enoka out good!"

Once again, she was surprised by yet another feat of earth magic, though it was less shocking the second time around--if just as fascinating. Man, surrounded by so many people with amazing talents, she felt a little out of place...though she at least had surfing on her side! She liked to think of herself as pretty decent at that, and she was a strong swimmer and bold cliff diver. What she lacked in abilities she liked she think she made up for in guts.

"Ohh, that smells so gooood," she said as they approached the pit, taking a deep breath of the smoke escaping from the palms. "Did Maki make her coconut soup tonight? She makes the best coconut soup."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Jailith looked about, unable to help but feel nervous. He was now in the village and was gaining quite a few glances from the locals. He couldn't tell if they were ones of interest or of fear though.

"So um....there anything I help with?" he humbly asked. He didn't want to just stand around and be some sort of attraction, he wanted to help out in some sort of way.

He also wondered what the food would taste like. From what he had heard there were at least roasted pig, something he had consumed before. Coconut soup though on the other hand was something completely new to him. He hadn't even tried just plain coconut before, though he had heard of it.

Anonymous

"No no. It's all going." Noelani shook her head, smiling again, "We cook things a long time here, slow and long." They didn't have metal or ceramic, so they used natural things, like gourds to cook with. Which they had to be careful to not burn, so most cooking was done with hot stones rather than direct fire.

"You just rest, get comfortable." Noelani gave her sister's hair another tug, "I'll take you up on the surfing, and you should teach Kai too. She idolizes you." Kai was her oldest, a girl of 10 and she surfed any chance she could.

Rhindeer

"You tell Kai that anytime she's up for it, she knows where to find me!" Koi said with a grin, swatting playfully at her sister's hand. "But seriously, I'd love to take her. I've seen her in action. She's actually pretty good for her age."

She settled down on the ground, legs folded beneath her, and glanced over at the newcomer, who seemed nervous. "Sooo...whatcha doing here and where'd ya come from?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

A brief moment of confusion crossed Jailith's mind. Had they not already discussed these questions? He tried to think back and couldn't remember for sure if they had. He decided to answer them again anyways, it didn't hurt he supposed.

Jailith sat down on the ground in a crossed-legged position, glancing over at Koi. "Well, I came because I heard rumor." began Jailith. "I wanted to see if enemy here. Seems like he not." Sighing for a moment he then thought on how he should continue. How should he answer where he came from? He did use to have a home, but he had been cast out, so he wasn't sure if he should count it. He decided to and thus continued talking. "Home far in mainland. Nestled in the mountains, it got cold often. That long time ago though, been traveling for few years now."

Anonymous

Noelani sighed, shaking her head, "My sister's head is filled with nothing but surfing. She forgets everything else. Though, is that all? You do nothing but hunt to kill this spirit? That is not good, filling the heart and body with vengeance. You can't live your life full of hate and rage."

Anonymous

Jailith winced, Noelani's words were as piercing as a well-shot arrow. It was true, he lived with mostly hate and vengeance in his heart. There was one other thing though, something other then hate.

"Redemption." he said, the words barely above a audible mumbling. "I do for redemption as well...and to prevent same thing from happening again." His gaze cast downwards as his thoughts briefly thought of that painful part of his past. This was his only path, one that he had foolishly set himself upon.

Anonymous

"Killing will never bring redemption. And you can't save no one from their own stupidity. If you kill this one spirit, others will still tempt mortals. Better than killing, you should educate others. Teach them your mistake and how to prevent it."

Anonymous

"To teach, good." Jailith admitted. "But, what to do about demon- I mean bad spirit? Do I let him go around killing others?"

"This...bad spirit work in shadows. Very few know him. I one of the only who can stop him. If I don't, others die..." His face was grim, it always became such when he talked about his enemy. He hated him so much, but thinking of the enemy also reminded Jailith of his own foolish decision.

Anonymous

"They only die if they make a bad choice like you." Noelani touched his chest, over his heart, "You teach them to not listen to the words he speaks. That is how you win. Killing never wins. Vengeance is only a poison."

Anonymous

Jailith felt very confused and frustrated. Her words seemed both completely right and completely wrong. His whole body tensed when her hand touched his chest.

"You not understand..." he said, clearly frustrated. "He not always manipulate, he often kill with his own hands. He never makes deaths peaceful ones. Should I really just sit by and let him kill many people?"

"I just can't stand idea of him running about, free to kill."

Anonymous

"Killing is always wrong. Holding that anger and rage inside will kill you faster then a demon ever could." Noelani shook her head again, not understanding his situation, not really. It was to far outside of the world she knew and understood. Violence and brutality on that level was unknown to her.

Anonymous

Jailith sighed, shaking his head a little. It was only now that he realized that their was a hurdle between them in this matter. Their cultures were quite different in many matters, which included violence it seems. He supposed that it wasn't that surprising, the Yoreiq hadn't really experienced much warfare, if any at all.

Nor had they encountered a true demon before. That was one thing he hoped would never change for this island.

"I suppose this matter just is hard to agree on." sighed Jailith. "But for now, I not fight. I guess I visit for while, if I can that is."

Rhindeer

Koi's eyes moved back and forth between the pair as they spoke, but she kept quiet during the exchange. This was Noelani's area, not hers! Noelani was the one with all the crazy knowledge and understanding and while Koi had some knowledge of spirits, it wasn't on nearly the same level as what Noelani knew and saw. Like her sister said, her head was filled with surfing.

"Ah..." It was an awkward conversation, though, that was for sure. All this talk of killing and death and murder was really making her feel uncomfortable. She fidgeted, picking idly at her sarong. "So...uh..."

Perking up, she put on a bright smile. Subject change! Now looked like a good time for one of those. "Ever been surfing?"

Yeah, subtle, Koi, subtle. There she went reaffirming Noelani's words.

Anonymous

Jailith looked at Koi, a small smile cracking it's way onto his face. He actually appreciated the girl's changing the subject. He admitted inwardly that he thought about the death of his enemy quite a bit which was mentally exhausting at times.

Plus there seemed to be something special about this girl. She seemed to carry a joyful spirit about her that was contagious. It felt almost refreshing, yet exhausting in a good way at the same time.

"No, I haven't" replied Jailith. "But if I can stay and visit, I like to learn. I find it...interesting."

Anonymous

Noelani gave a small laugh, "I'm sorry. I am lecturing you and you never asked for my advice. I shouldn't have brought up such dark topics. If you want to learn to surf, don't go with Koi. She'll forget all about you as soon as the waves call her."

Noelani reached over and with uncanny ability, tugged on a hunk of Koi's hair, "You always heard the ocean too strongly. It blocks everything else out."

Anonymous

"No, it alright..." said Jailith, looking back at Noelani for a moment. "Most of what you said is totally right."

"Though maybe I learn from Koi." said Jailith. "If I learn listening to ocean like she, then maybe I not listen to anger so much." He also didn't want to learn from another villager either. Although he had only know the two of them for a few minutes it was more then how much time he knew the other villagers, which was none. He would prefer to learn from someone he had already met then a complete and total stranger.

Anonymous

"You can if you like, I wont stop you. Just know that you'll just watch her surf. I know my sister, she loves the waves more than anything." Noelani laughed, teeth flashing against her dark skin, "Would you like a drink? We have coconut milk or water or juice."

Anonymous

Jailith had always been a curious person, possibly more then was healthy in many cases. His first thought was to ask for coconut milk, wanting to taste what it was like. However his health was important, he wanted to avoid dehydration, so instead of coconut milk he asked, "May I have water?"

He absentmindedly wiped at the sweat on his brow. His clothes were quite heavy for this type of weather, but it was all he had. He wondered what he should do about it. For now though his temporary solution was to remain inactive during noon-time when it was hottest. Remaining hydrated as well was a must.

Anonymous

"Of course." Noelani made her way over to a large jug of water, fingers lightly trailing along it to find the carved wooden cup. Dipping it into the water, she brought it back to Jailith, "Here. Please, be comfortable and relax."