Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Surf's up, dude! [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 16, 2011, 03:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Thank you." said Jailith. He took the water, sipping it slowly to savor how it cooled his body. As he did he decided to try and make conversation with either Noelani or Koi.

"So, no stranger come here before?" He wondered if he was the first to ever visit the village. He didn't think so with how friendly they were treating him so far, it just didn't make sense in his mind for them to be friendly to a complete stranger.

Anonymous

"Oh, many strangers come." Noelani smiled, "But we are never really strangers. Just friends who haven't met yet. You are the first with skin like a pigs though. Maybe others who have traveled farther from our village have seen skin like that, but I had never heard of it."

Anonymous

"Skin like pig?" Jailith for a moment almost felt offended, then he realized that he did have skin that was colored similar to that of a pig, something that would be unfamiliar to a tribe of dark-skinned people.

"Ah, I see what you mean." he said, nodding a little. He took another sip of the water and looked about. He was quite fascinated with the different culture and such. He found himself still occasionally stealing glances at Koi and Noelani, though he forced himself to look away, trying to be polite.

Anonymous

Noelani had no idea he kept looking, not at all concerned about her bare breasts. Her tattoos moved across her shoulders, arms and down her spine and she liked showing them off. She nodded, giving a small laugh, "Well, that's what I imagine you have. I remember pale, pink pigs. I don't know if that is what your skin is like."

Anonymous

"Well I suppose skin like pig I have." shrugged Jailith. "I just never thought of it that way." The more he thought of it the more he realized they were mostly right. Sure there was a difference in hue but that was to be expected. It was probably the best way that his skin could be described by these foreigners who had never seen people like him before.

His mind tried it's best to think of a subject to talk about, something to keep the conversation going, despite the terrible pronunciation that he was cursed with for now. He still couldn't help himself from looking ocassionally at the females, it was only natural considering. But that was a subject that was certainly out of the question! It probably didn't mean much to them anyways. He did think of something though, his gaze finding it a interesting subject.

"Question if I may." he said. "The...markings, tattoos you have, how are made? They not like tattoos I've seen before."

Rhindeer

Koi had been following along with the conversation, close to bursting with silent laughter. Noelani's observation was spot on--and was exactly what she'd been thinking without wanting to actually say it. He was pig-colored! A giggle escaped her and she clamped a hand over her mouth to repress it and she was thoroughly glad when the conversation moved on to another topic.

Controlling herself, taking a deep breath, she grinned. "Oh, these?" she said, pointing to the facial tattoos that extended to her back and thighs. The places where the tattoos were, the skin was deeply grooved and textures, almost like it had been carved into. "Very carefully! Hah, no, they're made with a chisel and bone needle." She mimed out tapping with a chisel. "It takes a lot of time."

And hurt something awful, but the the result was well worth it. They were a sign of beauty and adulthood and she wore hers with pride.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Jailith felt both a little flustered with frustration and amusement, he never really had thought of it that way, his skin was like that of a pig. He would never look at pigs the same way again.

He was astounded by how the markings were done. A chisel and bone needle?! He couldn't help but give a very tiny shudder, it sounded really painful to him.

"Most tattoos done in home not done like that." said Jailith. "They done with a special ink, it doesn't wash off though."

Rhindeer

"Oh, it's done with ink," Koi said, blinking in confusion. Her particular tattoos were black, though some Yoreiqi sported tattoos done with a reddish pigmentation. The process used, however, left behind the deep grooves as surely as it placed the ink under the skin. "How are your peoples' tattoos done if not like that?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Oh, I not mean you not use ink, I can tell that." said Jailith, waving his hands a little. "I just saying our tattoos not leave grove like that. It more like drawing on skin. We use needles, make tiny punctures in skin and such. It not leave large grooves in skin with what is done with your tattoos."

Anonymous

Noelani wrinkled her nose at that, one hand reaching up and tracing along a section of Koi's tattoos, "But they are much more beautiful like this. You should teach your people how to do it better." She smiled, "You should meet the artists and then you can show your people how to make even more beauty."

Anonymous

"Hm...Well, not many people where I from have tattoos anyways." shrugged Jailith. "We try not to look on outside appearances, we try to see the beauty of a person through actions. What they do is what they are." Which made him an ugly person then, Jailith realized with a visible wince. That mark on his face reminded him every second of every day of the foolish actions of his...

He pulled at the collar of his clothing, feeling very hot with all of it on him. "Um...I know we not know each other long, but I wonder, are there extra clothing I trade for?" He hated to do this but he would probably suffer a heat stroke if he continued to stay in his heavy clothing in this weather.

Rhindeer

Koi blinked blankly at Jailith, not really connecting the pieces here. Perhaps it was just a language barrier issue, but it almost sounded like he was judging them as shallow. "There's nothing wrong with enjoying beauty," she said, tilting her head.

At his other question, Koi just laughed. "You could start by taking off your shirt!" she suggested. "It, uh...would probably help a lot."

Anonymous

"Oh no, I not saying there anything wrong with outside beauty." said Jailith. "I guess we just not see it same way. Only natural, being many lands apart, to have different views. Though....now I think, many people from home also like outside beauty, though in way of clothing. They try to look good while keeping warm, since it cold where I come from."

"Speaking of that, I will have to take off shirt." He indeed would, he was sweating a lot now which wasn't surprising. He'd have to look into getting some lighter pants as well, since the ones he had were made of a thick fabric.

Jailith stood for a moment, taking off his cloak and folding it somewhat so it didn't take up too much of the ground. He then slipped off his leather vest that served as some light armor, that revealing the layer of chain-mail he wore underneath, it being only slightly smaller then the vest which covered it fully before. He took that off too, it giving a small thud despite Jailith carefully dropping it on the ground. Then finally he took off his thick tunic, instantly he felt relief, even sighing a little. His lean, yet with well defined muscles, body was glistening thanks to the sweat that he had gathered. Jailith felt a little self conscious being without upper body wear, especially his mask, and no armor either. He tried to shrug it off as he sat back down but he couldn't entirely get rid of the feeling.

Anonymous

"Clothing? Is that why you wear so much?" Noelani's people loved bright pretty clothing and jewelry as much as the next person, though most of that was lost on a blind woman. She was surprised at how much she heard getting pulled off and she gave her sister a confused look, hand fluttering against her hand. It was an unspoken sign from when they were children. She didn't know what was happening around her and needed a description.

She was sure she had heard metal, but he was undressing. Who wore metal?

Rhindeer

Koi had never seen someone with so much clothing, put on in layers. She stared as he started to undress, stripping off layer after layer and then getting to a metal layer.

Why would someone do that to themselves?!

When he was done, she closed her mouth, having been gaping, and blinked several times. "Well no wonder you were hot."

Grabbing Noelani's hand, understanding her signal, she leaned closer to her. "He, ah...he dressed in layers. He took off his cloak, then another bit of animal hide, then a shirt made of...uh, of metal." Koi tilted her head, not quite sure how else to describe it. "Then another shirt under that."

Anonymous

Noelani blinked, confused, whispering back to her sister, "Metal? What? You can't wear metal. And why so much clothing? All those? At the same time?"

Anonymous

"Well like I said, it cold where I am from." said Jailith, having overheard what Noelani said, and he shrugging a little as he concentrated on the conversation in a effort to forget the minor awkwardness he felt, his upper body entirely exposed. "The multiple layers to help keep warm. And the 'metal' isn't a solid piece. It made of many little rings linked together, it a type of armor that help protect my body when I in danger." he picked up the chain-mail and leaned forward, holding it towards Noelani so she could feel it with her hands to see that it indeed was not a solid piece of metal.

Anonymous

"From what?" Most of the danger on the island was accidents, "Like when you hunt? Why wear it around the village then?" It was so strange, hearing the man talk of these things. The world away from their island was very different than she had expected.

Her hands moved over the metal shirt, frowning as she touched it. She had never felt anything like it before and it was hard for her to imagine it, but her hands were giving her an idea.

Anonymous

"Well....I suppose hunting is time when it could protect." said Jailith. "But that not the only time, nor its original purpose...My home...well....it not so peaceful....The armor is to help protect body from swords, spears, arrows, and other such things." He sighed, almost a little sad to bring up the subject even somewhat remotely in this place. The peace that he felt here, it was so....wonderful, a rarity found almost nowhere else he had ever been.

Rhindeer

Koi made a face.

"It'd just get in the way on a hunt," she said. "It makes too much noise! You'd scare away anything ya were hunting and ya gotta be quick and agile if ya wanna actually catch anything. Anyway, your people sure sound...angry."

She hugged her knees to her chest, the discussion making her feel a little uncomfortable, that people could do that to each other. It wasn't like Yoreiqi never had fights, but they rarely escalated to that kind of violence. Sometimes, but rarely, and those people were quickly shunned.