Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Meditation by the Waterfall [Rhi-Rhi]

Started by Anonymous, September 20, 2011, 10:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The sun was no longer that high in the sky, it already casting a multitude of reds and oranges. Even at this time though the jungle was alive with sounds of various creatures and the roar of the waterfall. Atop the rocky ledge, near the waterfall sat a single individual, his name being Jailith.

He sat there, sword on the ground by his side. Before going into the jungle he had retrieved his sword that he had buried in the ground. Many animals, quite a few of them vicious, lived in the jungle so he did not wish to be unarmed. True he had his magic, but extra protection never hurt.

Breathing in the air, he let it out slowly, relaxing himself. He had come up here to meditate and think on things. When Jailith had come here he was hoping he would have found hints about where his enemy was, or better yet, the enemy himself. He knew that it would be a long shot with how weak the rumor was and so wasn't that surprised at finding no hints or clues. Surprisingly, he wasn't that disappointed either.

Before when he had followed other rumors and such he grew quite angry or frustrated upon reaching a dead end. But here, in this case.... Why was it different? That was an answer he did not know. The residents of the village he was visiting during his stay had accepted him warmly, to the point where he felt like a visiting noble or such with how much attention they paid to him. Jailith wasn't really that use to positive attention of any kind, so it felt a little overwhelming. That's why he came up here in the secluded area, to think and ponder on the things that were occupying his mind.

Rhindeer

The jungle was dangerous, but that had never stopped Koi. She lived for danger and, after completing her chores for once, she had escaped from the village and headed toward one of her favorite spots to burn some of her over-abundant energy. There was a waterfall not too far in with a nice swimming hole beneath--but what was even better? It was great for diving, especially when the ocean was too rough to cliff dive, like today. It was mostly safe if you jumped out far enough, the water deep with not many rocks to worry about.

And she was running full tilt through the foliage and toward the edge, where she saw a figure sitting. Oh! The foreigner! Picking up her speed, Koi laughed.

"Hi Jailith!" she called, right before she charged past him and sailed off the cliff's edge. "Bye Jailith! WHOO!"

Curling into a ball, arms around her knees, she plummeted into the water below with a splash that was drowned by the waterfall's roar. She resurfaced a few seconds later and whipped her chin-length hair out of her face, then grinned and waved up at Jailith as she tread water. "Come on down!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

The entrance of Koi had completely caught Jailith off-guard. When he saw Koi jumping over the edge he felt for a brief moment a bolt of fear strike his heart. Then he continued watching her and how she splashed into the water, emerging from it not long after.

"You alright?" he yelled down to her. Even though she probably did this quite often as was Jailith's guess he still worried about her because of the height of the waterfall. It also frightened him a little as well. While it was true he had done dangerous things himself such as fighting terrible demons he had never practiced a form of recreation that carried such a risk.

In short, he was afraid of jump down there.

Rhindeer

"Huh?" Koi blinked up at him in confusion, wondering why she wouldn't be alright, and then laughed. "Yeah! Never better! The water's fiiiine!" she called back, still treading water in the deepest part. "A little cold at first, but you get used to it. That's why it's better to just jump right in."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Jailith gulped a little, but determined in his mind that he would do it. He would jump too, he didn't want to look bad in front of her.

He also wasn't stupid though. He stripped himself of all his clothing except his pants. Wrapping his sword in the extra clothing he quickly encased them in a thin layer of rock. He didn't want his sword to be stolen while he wasn't there. With that worry out of his mind Jailith determined the best way to go about this was to go running at the edge, just as Koi had done. No hesitating about it, no peering over the edge. If he had done so then he would back out most likely. He had to go at this challenge head on!

He burst out into a run, barreling towards the edge. Then he leaped into the air. Everything seemed still for a moment. As he fell to the water he felt his adrenaline pumping throughout his body. He contacted with the water in the same position Koi had done. He swam up to the surface, now treading water beside Koi.

It had been exhilarating! It couldn't believe how fun that was! He looked at Koi and did something he had not done in almost ten years. He gave a big grin to her, full of joy and happiness. Even he did not know why, all he knew was that it felt natural.

Rhindeer

Koi ducked her head to avoid the splash and then grinned broadly when he surfaced. Hah! She hadn't expected him to actually do it. Guess he was a bit bolder than she took him for.

"See? Not so bad, huh?" she said, and gave him a playful splash. "This place is fine. The water's deep. Just don't go jumping off of every cliff before you check for rocks and depth!"

Anonymous

"Well, yeah." laughed Jailith. "Even I not stupid enough to jump before knowing." He gave her a small playful splash back. He continued to tread water, mind wandering for a brief moment. "So this what you do for fun, other then surfing? Swimming? Or is there other thing you like to do?"

Rhindeer

"Oh, lots of things!" Koi said, swimming backwards toward the shore. "Though swimming and surfing are pretty connected; they're my favorite thing. But I dunno, I like tree-climbing, cliff diving, hunting, things like that. Things that get me out there, y'know? I hate just sitting around."

Reaching the shore, she climbed up onto a rock there to sit, sarong wet and heavy around her legs. "It scares my brother and my sister calls me irresponsible. Which, to be fair, I...have my faults." Grinning sheepishly, she kicked her legs absently in the water.

"What about you?"

Anonymous

Jailith also swam to the shore, his trousers sopping wet and sticking to his skin now. He climbed onto the rock, sitting next to Koi. He purposefully turned his gaze away from her body, he of course was still getting use to how open the Yoreiq people were with their bodies.

"Well I..." Jailith tried to say something but he couldn't. No matter how hard he thought he couldn't think of anything he normally did for fun. "I um...I don't know. I've been looking for enemy so long, I haven't had time for fun..." The more he thought on that the more he realized it was true, he didn't really remember doing fun things for a long time.

Rhindeer

Koi gave Jailith a very odd look, torn between horror and incredulity. "Really?"

She couldn't fathom that, couldn't even understand it, that...obsession he had with that spirit, and she knew her sister was right. That wasn't healthy and the more she learned, it started to make her a little uncomfortable. To keep a grudge that long, to stop living because you wanted to kill something else...

"That's...not good," she finally said.