Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ye ol' list o' stupid questions

Started by Anonymous, October 20, 2011, 06:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

1) Seeing as I already have characters from my Dragon Bane universe here, is it okay if I just go ahead and add a couple more? Or do I still need to ask permission for each one since the rule change?

2) Liquid timeline? Could someone please explain that one to me better? Because if I misinterpreted it I need to kill like, three threads I'm in. >.>....
2.5) If I have a character die in one thread does he have to die in EVERY thread he's in? Like...say I want to kill Isa off in one thread but leave him unscathed in others, without having to go through all the trouble of bringing him back from the dead? [Evil plotbunny is nibbling on my toes, but I don't wanna screw up his status in the entire world. >.<]

3) I seriously can't remember this one, so I apologize if the information is somewhere on the site already. My mind is a bit too jumbled to make heads or tails of a lot of info right now. Is there anywhere representing the Orient? And if not, is one in the works?

4) Is there a war anywhere or planned anytime soon? I have a character I'd love to be serving under the "bad guy" in the war. A very old, very LARGE dragon with a very grumpy personality who likes taking out his anger on people whether they're innocent or not. >.>.....

5) I have a very modern vampire character I love dearly. I wanted to bring him and his best friend in together, but right now I just wanna bring one of them in, and I've made my choice. He may be a modern character, but considering that the only attachment he feels to his own world is to his best friend, he'll adapt quickly to his new setting. He'll only miss his friend. He's also a prostitute, so it's not like he'd have trouble making a living.

Can I bring him in please?

Um...I think that's it? I had more questions, I think, but now I can't remember. So...maybe I'll think of them later. XD

Anonymous

I can answer these for ya!

Quote1) Seeing as I already have characters from my Dragon Bane universe here, is it okay if I just go ahead and add a couple more? Or do I still need to ask permission for each one since the rule change?

Ask permission. (: Characters before the rule were squiggled into the game, ones after need to get admin approval.

Quote2) Liquid timeline? Could someone please explain that one to me better? Because if I misinterpreted it I need to kill like, three threads I'm in. >.>....

Means you can have your character in multiple threads at the same time. But the timelines need to be different. It's not a bunch of copies of one character in the same place at the same time.
Thread1 So-and-so gets cut
Thread2 (takes place BEFORE thread 1) does not have a cut
Thread3 (takes place AFTER thread 1) Does have a cut.

So, time-line wise it goes 2-1-3.

You keep track of it, and if you can't then most people just keep their characters to one thread.

Quote2.5) If I have a character die in one thread does he have to die in EVERY thread he's in? Like...say I want to kill Isa off in one thread but leave him unscathed in others, without having to go through all the trouble of bringing him back from the dead? [Evil plotbunny is nibbling on my toes, but I don't wanna screw up his status in the entire world. >.<]

Going back to the 2-1-3 timeline, if he dies in thread 1 he'd need to be dead in thread 3. In order for him to die and for it to not affect your other threads, he'd have to die in a thread that takes place after the first three. If you wanted another thread after that, you would have to bring him back to life, yes. Since, he'd be dead. And being dead is usually a pretty permanent thing.
 So..
2 alive
1 alive
3 alive
4 dead
5 Resurrected so he can be alive again!

QuoteIs there anywhere representing the Orient? And if not, is one in the works?

I've been informed Thanatos is the 'orient' of SotE. (:

Quote4) Is there a war anywhere or planned anytime soon? I have a character I'd love to be serving under the "bad guy" in the war. A very old, very LARGE dragon with a very grumpy personality who likes taking out his anger on people whether they're innocent or not. >.>.....

As far as I know there is no large wars planned. We've tried that in the past and it doesn't tend to work because there are so many players here and in the areas that are affected and usually the plans don't quite break the waves and come into play. Battles happen, yes, but so far nothing is planned on the large scale side.

Quote5) I have a very modern vampire character I love dearly. I wanted to bring him and his best friend in together, but right now I just wanna bring one of them in, and I've made my choice. He may be a modern character, but considering that the only attachment he feels to his own world is to his best friend, he'll adapt quickly to his new setting. He'll only miss his friend. He's also a prostitute, so it's not like he'd have trouble making a living.

Just like the first, if he's modern and not from the SotE 'verse, you'll need admin approval. (:

Hope I helped!

Anonymous

Questions 1 & 5 were directed at the admins. That was me asking their permission. I just did it here so whoever is online next could answer it.

I'd also appreciate multiple opinions about the timeline. I appreciate you explaining it to me. But I wonder if that's how everyone else interprets it, or if I simply missed the place where it's explained on the forum. It'd be nice if there was an explanation in the same place that it says what kind of a timeline this forum uses.

Anonymous

I even asked two of them for you to double check. You will have to send them your profiles to get the approval before you can play the characters. Just send the profiles to Rina, Tally and Rhi-Rhi and one of them will get back to you with the OK or the no-go.

The way i described liquid time it is how it works.

They're not existing in two places at once. It's not 6 o'clock on sunday in this thread, and 6 o'clock on sunday in that thread over there too.

You're playing out different parts of the timeline in multiple threads.

Rhindeer

Draco covered it all! ^^ And yeah, seconded, just PM the profiles to myself, Tally, and Rina.

And I'll confirm that we use liquid time, which means you can have characters in as many threads as you want--but there should be some sort of timeline to those threads so no time paradoxes are created. xD Little oopsies/paradoxes sometimes happen (like, for example, having one thread where Alex is perfectly healthy and then starting a thread that takes place a day before that thread and during the course of it Alex breaks his leg, something you hadn't really planned out or expected. xD So now you have a thread set a day after Alex broke his leg but since you'd started that thread before you knew he'd break it, he's perfectly healthy in it when he should have a cast. Whoops!) and we generally just handwave 'em or figure something out to explain it.

However, something like death is pretty big, so unless your character was resurrected, the threads set after the death wouldn't make much sense. xD

In other words, threads should all follow some sort of continuity. :3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa