Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Thievery And Blood [Rina]

Started by Anonymous, December 08, 2011, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The morning air held a slight chill coming off the mountains and it made the young woman shiver where she sat.  The village at the base of the Terrins was quiet and -- in hindsight -- probably not the best place she could have settled.  Sure, her profession often came with hard times, but usually not to this extent.  She hadn't had a customer in weeks and there was next to nothing that she could steal and resell.  Money dwindling, and food following suit, Adrastea knew she would have to move on soon.  Thankfully, she hadn't actually purchased this place.  The family inside had just been kind enough to allow her to stay with hardly any coin.

Changing position so that her long legs were tucked beneath her, she took a deep breath and smiled to herself.  The air was so pure and clean here, though...  She was almost reluctant to go; but she knew she didn't have a choice.  

Sighing heavily at that fact, the thief got to her feet and reached into her pocket for the small amount of copper she still had.  It wasn't very much, but it was enough for an apple or two.  Figuring she might as well buy breakfast with what was left, the woman shoved a hand through her shaggy black hair and started down the street towards where the vendors were setting up for the day.  While she couldn't see them, the half-elf could hear them and that was all she needed to find her way.

Anonymous

He had heard some rumors of some very interesting animals up in the woods, so Mikhail was on a mission. But, like many missions, you needed supplies and the occasional stop. His worthless bodyguards were off...somewhere, dealing with the buying of things. Mikhail wasn't going to be bothered and he didn't want to put up with Syrae's annoying chatter.

"Now, madam, really, let's not play these games. It's so unbecoming to a woman as lovely as yourself." Mikhail was trying to get some information out of the old woman that kept the villages stories.

"I told ya, I don't know nothin' about any creatures 'round here like that. Nothin' magical."

"Not even one story?" Mikhail's one vixable eye twitched slightly, "I can offer you a reward?"

"Sir, I ain't got nothin'. Now shoo." The woman motioned him away and when she thought he wasn't looking, made a warding sign at Mikhail. He tended to leave an unwholesome impression behind.

Scowling, Mikhail headed deeper into town, towards the market, pinching his nose to try and ward of a headache, "Useless. Everyone is so useless."