Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crooked as the Crow Flies [RINA!]

Started by Thief, June 25, 2011, 06:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thief

Without the woods to block his view, he could simply teleport off into the distance, and make up for a great deal of lost time. However, if Wren was going to continue walking with him, he would not mind making up the time on foot. Travel was always better with someone to talk to.

"So, how much farther are we going?" Jack asked, grateful for more time to get to know his new friend.

Anonymous

"Till the end of the woods? Donno. But it's still pretty far ta the next town." Wren grinned again, "What's got ya in such a hurry?"

Thief

"As far as the next town?" The next town would have to be across the border and into Adela. Was she really going to take him all the way there? "There's a time limit on that job I heard about. Whoever is offering it, they want it done soon." Also, his friend would not stick around after the job offer was gone.

Anonymous

"Naw, not that far. I ain't stayin' in town and I wanna get dinner. What's the job? Gonna like...get more glowin' artifacts and stuff?"

Thief

"I honestly don't know. It's just a rumor about a well paying job, and there are no details about what it is. You just gotta go where the jobs are, and hope the rumors are true." Jack was actually a little disappointed that he would have to leave his new companion at the next town. He felt as though he was just getting to know her.

Anonymous

"Well, best be careful. All kinds of crooks an' stuff in those places. Gonna end up with people tryin' ta kill ya again." Wren nodded, serious for a moment, "If their ain't no details, ya probably don't want it none."

Thief

Jack chuckled. "True enough, but I'll be fine. I can take care of myself." Though, she was right about the job. Someone was going through a lot a trouble to hide the details.

Then he had another thought. "So, why would you not want to stay in town? Just a fan of the great outdoors?" Jack smiled, hoping he wasn't being to forward.

Anonymous

"Cause we ain't got no hideout in town." Wren snorted, giving Jack a look, "Wouldn't make no sense. Harder to find us out here, ya know?"

Thief

"True," Jack said. "I can understand that. I know a few towns where I would not be welcome." In fact, he doubted he would visit anywhere in Northern Le'raana for a while.

Anonymous

"Really? How come? What cha do?" Wren cocked her head, puzzled. He had seemed so nice and pretty straight.

Thief

"Well, I might have found an apple lying around at a marketplace. I didn't think the merchant would notice, seeing as he had so many." Jack smirked, knowing that he was stalling. Somehow, he did not like mentioning his crimes around Wren, even though he knew she would not mind. It was odd, but Jack forced the thought to the back of his mind. "I was arrested for stealing and I didn't agree with it, so I resisted."

Anonymous

Another barking laugh came from Wren and she slapped her thigh, "Look at you! That's a good one! You got caught! See, ya gotta be smarter 'bout it. And if they do see ya stealin', ya gotta get better at runnin'! 's why I'm so fast. Gotta be, ya know?"

Thief

"I guess," Jack said with a smirk. "I should just stick to being a mercenary. I've had plenty of luck with bounties after all. Sometimes they even find me."

Out of curiosity, he wondered if Wren had a bounty on her head, but felt it best not to ask. He did not want to make her nervous or anything, not that he would ever dream of taking her in.